[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

23 minutes ago, aine7 said:

Just a trivia remark regarding the train station scenes: they are filmed in Budapest. 

Most likely Budapest Teleki Train Station

Well spotted. I was going to say that it doesn't resemble Barcelona train station, not is the indicator in Spanish but a Slavic script. Probably chose it for convenience.

• Like 3

@stroppyse thank you so much for the translations. 

@siddy09 I think sleep has made me somehow understand this crazy drama so now Im back with my thoughts. No I havent thrown it out completely as Im certain that last nights ep is just purely JW speculation of whatever madness this game did to make SJ and maybe Seo disappear. His been trying to understand the crazy game afterall to prove his not insane.

There are some flaws in JW theory which I think the writer did this to keep the suspense.

1. how did Marco die? A clear bulletshot in the head is what we saw on NPC Marco but we didnt see SJ shoot him. It just continued off that SJ was getting JW details so he could contact him.  So it's just JW speculation that SJ killed him in the game like what he did to CHS

2. SJ contacting JW to see if he can save him from this crazy game.  SJ created the game how can he NOT fix it? Regardless if its a bug still where is the log out button? Cant you just pull the plug out....control alt delete :sweatingbullets: Am I suppose to believe this is the magical/fantasy element of the drama? "the game took control"

I guess we need to see SJ to really know what happened.

Im still not ruling out my theory that Marco didnt turn out to a Zombie

3. Park looks like he secretly loves SoJin (JW exwife & widow of CHS) He clearly told JW not to trust him...he seems shaddy. In the preview, when he tells HJ that JW was going a suicide quest to find her brother ... i think this will make HJ go back to Granada. Maybe seeing SJ (real or not) will make her fly back there. The preview we see JW asking himself if he can do this alone is hinting that maybe HJ needs to be there too. 

4. HJ is suppose to meet JW I.T guru -Choi Yang Joo so she can see the monitors of the game. If thats the case why didnt we hear CYJ when all those NPC attacked Seo and JW. Is he that useless behind those monitors? 

5. The romance, gosh its slow but yeah I agree theyve got no time for it. Right now the time is ticking to complete the mission - Saving SeJu and now Seo. Maybe he sees them in that dungeon or it leads to another mission. I do hope there was an extra scene after JW tenderly touched HJ face. :sweatingbullets:

Most importantly I hope we get answers than questions. Hopefully writer wont throw another cliffhanger as the weekly wait of the next eps is killing me. Expect the unexpected... or better yet, be safe - dont expect at all. Go with the flow. 

Please excuse my frustration :sweatingbullets:

mind-blown.gif

Updates...to my relief

Ratings for ep 9 was 7.563 % and Seoul is 9.797 %.

Spoiler

Dvni9lSUcAAnfDJ.jpgDvni9lHVAAAgwrd.jpg

cr. YYSY in twitter

It's the end, final script 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sanika said:

Well spotted. I was going to say that it doesn't resemble Barcelona train station, not is the indicator in Spanish but a Slavic script. Probably chose it for convenience.

On the right screen you can see the names of few towns in Hungary: Eger, Nagykata, Miskolc

On the left Brasov, Timisoara, Bucuresti (Romania), Kosice (Slovakia) - towns in the neighboring countries

• Like 6

2 hours ago, miz_jooli3 said:

Hide contents

In the preview, SJ is back... director park says it’s a suicide mission. Could it be possible for SJ to come back and JW had to take his spot in the game? Ahhh idk!

lol.. absolutely possible.. he is not dying.. 

did you forget the two great items that show spent so much effort in showing us..

if i have that candle, i can take care of an army

and then drink the potion and be fine again :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Am i the only one who is dissapointed that half of the episode was only JW's speculation/delusions?

So whatever happened in early ep 9 could be completely wrong and void because it is all in JW's mind only...urghhhh huhuhu.

It is already half way through the series, i hoped we have some concrete explanation of what is going on. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I was bothered while watching the series, by the following details:

Why covered up the unexpected death of your son? Why not bothered to find out how, why. Business reasons, legit. But we are humans, we are driven by emotions. Given the situation, hate and revenge are on the table.

All the characters in the J one business development are presented in a disentangled way:  like they have their own little world, their own bubble. However, there might be boss, some mastermind knowing who is doing what in the company. New game, new partnerships, launching new product for international markets. Never shown so far.

At this point, the evil mind (I presume that may be old Dr. Cha) have all the info he need to create a scenario for revenge: power, money, resources, and minions to implement the orders.

Jin woo – dedicating time to level up, driven by guilt, trying to find the game creator in order to solve his own issues = his game evolution, alliances, skills, etc. may be tracked.

If so, Dr. Cha (his avatar) persistent attacks against Jin Woo probably may be tracked too.

Minions on the field who gather info where Jin Woo is, where he goes = Park, for example.

Ability to create an ambush = we have the game, the company behind and a game development unit.

For example, the terrorist in the train in a bit over Jin Woo in attack, but defense is almost twice over Jin Woo’s level. Mission kill not a leisure play with other opponents.

Who gain the most in this double-leveled plot? Who has the most to lose?

I am curious when the dark horses will appear, and what roles will they take: Healer or shaman (Hee Joo), if Park joins the game will be a regular player or designated archetype? Will the IT guy Cho going to join the frenzy as an active player?

And there is another aspect that bothers me: the game logins, some intended, other random, or caused by external factors. Are they caused by emotional state, adrenaline spikes, proximity with other electronic devices that activates the interface, is it a human–computer interaction that evolves concomitantly with players skills?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

i think in ep 10 or 11 HJ will be joining JW as Emma maybe coz remember she also went to Budapest to film and in her interview she also tried to play the game to study on how to deliver the line . I really hope HJ will be JW ally since something might happen to Seo . 

• Like 8

The romance between HJ and JW is developing slowly but romantically . Every time those two are together on the screen their chemistry explodes even if they’re just talking on the phone . It’s very natural to put their feelings aside based on the situation. They have to find SJ first . If you notice the expression on JW face when HJ told him what shall she do as since she’s in the airport means he listen to JW not to go to Granada . And when HJ is putting med on his wound JW talks a lot about BS like a jealous freak. Hahaha. And his expression when HJ firmly asked to sit down he just sit down like a puppy. That’s very romantic I think. A stubborn CEO like him can just listen to HJ. It looks very cute to me. 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, I'm fine with the romance not being front and center, but rather a part of a more complicated whole. I mean, I would be thrilled to see a kiss between HJ and JW, but I'm willing to be patient, for the sake of the overall story on this one.

I am with you, I just wonder why do some people keep (even in DC) complaining about the lack of romance between JW/HJ, because if they started building romance earlier it would be weird, wouldn’t it? Was there any reason that could make they got together as couple maybe since their first met?

Remember that JW was still married YR before YR signed the divorce paper? For me, the best time for our OTP romance is started after ep 10. Slowly is better, right? 

Perhaps their relationship will be stronger and stronger when HJ get involved in the game, not as Emma, but as herself and when she come to help or rescue JW. HJ can get into the game anytime because JW had authorized her by giving his tech guy name card.

About PSH cries, well I think that were not excessive. She only cries just when the scene needed it. I love everytime she cries, it is so natural compared to other actress. Maybe the only actress who can compete her is Song Hye Kyo. 

Well, I hope everyone give some patience for our OTP, because this drama is so good even without any romance. This is the best drama in 2018.

• Like 8

Well, I am still at ep 2 & the story is getting more interested. So the boy who died in the train was the real programmer of the game..?! And who killed him..? Do we have any leads by now..? And the game will be a disaster in the wrong hands... Mr. Cha is a real jerk. :crazy:

And I am still along way from the current eps.. But I am catching it up to the current position. I hope other chingus will answer my questions!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Well, I am still at ep 2 & the story is getting more interested. So the boy who died in the train was the real programmer of the game..?! And who killed him..? Do we have any leads by now..? And the game will be a disaster in the wrong hands... Mr. Cha is a real jerk. :crazy:

And I am still along way from the current eps.. But I am catching it up to the current position. I hope other chingus will answer my questions!

The answer to all your questions : nothing. There are no answers as of ep 9, even the main character JW is speculating/imagining what on earth happened. Correct me if i'm wrong, ep 2 ending was the train ride to granada with guns right? If so, you can watch until ep 2 and jump to ep 10, since thats when JW is going to return to the end of ep 2. I just noticed everything that happened in between is filler with no answer to any questions :sweatingbullets:. maybe you can watch up to ep 4 and jump to ep 10 and wont miss anything with the main plot. 

Sidenote: i'm the minority who thinks Mr Cha is not as bad as he seems to be :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

well my friend... we cannot be so sure as .. as of last nights episode we only have JW assumption on what may have happened to SJ. So you can still catch up anytime ;)

@katakwasabi your thinking abt Mr. Cha is it the son or the the prof? If the son, yes I actually pity him based on some fb shown. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

no matter how many times i try, I just can't seem to wrap my head around what is going on in this 'game-reality' world. :crazy:

In order for Marco to become Zombie, he was killed. We see that he is shot in the head, and SJ sees him as JW sees Zombie Cha..so SJ and Marco could have gotten into a dispute, battled against each other and SJ won. Both are at high levels to own modern weapons. I just can't bring myself to understand the game concept anymore. :blink:

The slow small moments between HJ and JW are adorably heart-fluttering. That small scene where he wipes her tears (and the conversation prior) is actually a really personal moment for these two. I really hope HJ comes into the game. However, she would have to level up to a high number in order to help JW (or become allies :) ) 

But oh..that KSB who punched JW. This was my initial reaction:

tenor.gif?itemid=13155309

Then, I came to the conclusion that he likes HJ to the point of jealousy and he still holds a grudge against JW for not allowing him to be a part of the meeting back in episode 3 <_<

@Kasmic Chingu! *hugsss* so good to see you here too! ;) we are watching a drama together again :P good old times!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Thank you so much, dear @katakwasabi & @ned_lee :wub: Then this series should be a unique series that you can skip eps as you wished but nothing you get missed on the way! In that case, I will also skip to yesterday's eps & watch tonight one so that I also can join the current conversation!!!

And I've heard that the writer is the one from W-two worlds... I just watched it but I lost interest on the half-way through & then dropped it! But since this series is so unique in its own way, I hope it will impress me rather than W-two worlds...

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Thank you so much, dear @katakwasabi & @ned_lee :wub: Then this series should be a unique series that you can skip eps as you wished but nothing you get missed on the way! In that case, I will also skip to yesterday's eps & watch tonight one so that I also can join the current conversation!!!

And I've heard that the writer is the one from W-two worlds... I just watched it but I lost interest on the half-way through & then dropped it! But since this series is so unique in its own way, I hope it will impress me rather than W-two worlds...

i agree. it seems like the plot has not moved much from earlier episodes. A lot of flash backs and going back/forth on the same subjects. I am hoping that we will see a much more thorough development. Honestly, it is an intriguing concept but I am getting lost in what's going on :blink: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

52 minutes ago, ned_lee said:

well my friend... we cannot be so sure as .. as of last nights episode we only have JW assumption on what may have happened to SJ. So you can still catch up anytime ;)

@katakwasabi your thinking abt Mr. Cha is it the son or the the prof? If the son, yes I actually pity him based on some fb shown. 

Yes. I'm talking about zombie cha~ daddy cha is off my radar. I dont care about daddy cha and office dude all that much for now hahaha

@gm4queen ahaha. If you need a rundown of whats going on up to ep 9, give us a heads up. I found ep 1-4 interesting, after that it plateaued :sweatingbullets:

@vangsweetie637 same here. The story telling is confusing with flashbacks and flashbacks in flashbacks..and then i remembered this was always a flashback since ep 1 hahaha. i'm staying with the drama for discussions hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 2