Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Omma yaaaa... Daebak episode 9  - Hello Zombie #2 :D

At the beginning of episode, the story was about a naration of JW's theory, yay even JW has his own theory - what about us?? .

I think it's No Way that HJ killed Marco his best gamer friend. I hope SJ was there looking for Marco after 10 min he defeated him in the game. Something can happen within that 10 minutes man, Otoke... who else to suspect?? (my first suspect is the drug dealer, someone else here said CHS minions). Maybe Marco dies from drug overdose? -ewww that's a bad theory.

LOL about the proposal ring, JW will propose for the 3rd time? if in the end JW finally get a ring for HJ, I'm gonna call JW "Lord of the Rings. Su-Jin is getting prettier, I can see JW's old loving flame in his eyes but Taylor Swift said "We are never ever ever getting back together, like...ever"

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, carnation18 said:

How could that have happened when obviously on the train his cabin mate could see him? How did he get invisible in the real world?

I think that's one of the big mysteries: under what circumstances does Se Joo's game body disincorporate from his physical body, and what happened to his physical body.  It's interesting that the hypothesis that JW was working from was that since SJ's body had disappeared rather than be found dead, that SJ must be alive still.

Talking about the episode, in general, I was so sad when JW received the message about having lost his ally. I'm curious as to whether a real life person playing a character can die in real life from being killed by an NPC. Initially, when JW was learning to play the game, he died at the hands of NPCs, but was able to regenerate time and again. The two zombie characters who died in real life, Cha and Marcos, were killed by other players (JW and SJ) and not by NPC's. So, unless, the game has further evolved magically in some way in order to allow NPCs to kill players in real life somehow, I don't think that City Hunter is dead. And that's what I'm going to believe, at least until tomorrow's episode.

I also don't mind that the romance has been slow in forming. I actually thought it was a very romantic thought that JW has as he's driving away: "Although Hee Joo and I weren't going together, but still, it was certain that this was an utmost important moment in Hee Joo and my lives."

And, in their scene together just before that, as HJ becomes aware that JW had spent a year doing little but trying to find SJ, including leveling up in the game since that might be the way to reach him, I thought that scene was actually a very intense, personal moment. it becomes clear that JW is not necessarily doing this just for SJ. JW is doing all this really mostly because of HJ, because he understands that without SJ's safety, that there isn't a way for JW and HJ to even think about being together. Too much has happened between them, that would always be between them, because of the way and the reason they met and interacted.  And, JW is again contemplating HJ who is crying tears over her concern for him, not in any loud, showy way, but silently and because she's feeling something for him. It's clear that both HJ and JW have feelings for each other, even if they restrain themselves from overtly expressing them. Anyway, I'm fine with the romance not being front and center, but rather a part of a more complicated whole. I mean, I would be thrilled to see a kiss between HJ and JW, but I'm willing to be patient, for the sake of the overall story on this one.

Professor Cha continues to be one scary person, especially so perhaps since we have seen little evil directly from him. Rather we have the flashbacks of HS being unhappy about his father, and we have Soo Jin's words, though she's also shown that she can be a bit hysterical, so not sure what to believe. However, it's cold-blooded of Professor Cha to want JW and Soo Jin to get remarried. I'm not sure whether Professor Cha interacts with the game in any way, but it's clear that he has real world designs on JW's company. Anyone remember how big an interest, i.e. percentage ownership, Professor Cha has in JW's company? Did the drama ever reference that? I may have to go rewatch to try to figure out exactly what Professor Cha's role is in all this, other than as mentor to JW, Park, and father to HS.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Okay. I really hate KSB. I don’t see what his actual purpose in this drama yet so I’m going to say he’s a bad guy. Haha. He said he wasn’t going to sue JW but for what? Like this is not his business, sure, HJ is his best friend/crush but still. Maybe I’m just irked because I don’t like him. He punched JW! His handsome face! But just cause JW is handicapped doesn’t mean he can’t fight! I was waiting for JW to really kick his richard simmons! Lol 

On on another note, professor Cha, ugh I don’t like him at all. I thought director Park would help over throw JW but I guess not. I’m wondering that part in episode 2, the flash forward, is the train coming back to Granada again and JW is more prepared to fight the NPCs.

Spoiler

In the preview, SJ is back... director park says it’s a suicide mission. Could it be possible for SJ to come back and JW had to take his spot in the game? Ahhh idk!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

but if she does anything more than cry then how will she say to the hero that "she trusts him and will wait for him :P

You know help him out, it' still her brother, she should accompany him 

7 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

The game is actually getting out of hand. I think the murders and zombies is making the whole thing complicated. And the way the story is told is not helpful too, we have multiple flashbacks and even flashbacks in flashbacks. Its quite challenging to keep up with whats going on haha.

I havent watched W too. So i cant make a comparison.

The flashbacks in flashbacks thing is so true, it makes building the time line of events a bit confusing, like last week's ep 8 didn't need all that many flashbacks, I wonder if it's a director or a writer's choice, cause in my opinion I'd rather see the events happening in the now instead of how they did it. I'll try to keep up. 

Ok, I'm off to watch the ep with subs 

later :kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

• Like 5

Who else was oggling at Binnie's neck the whole time?? Lol..:lol:

bqudZMP.png

About the rest of the episode..like @Kasmic I was this by the time the episode ended..lol..

giphy.gif

Gathering my thoughts for analysis..

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Okaaaay, I just got done with ep 9...and here are my thoughts!!!

I wasnt even paying attention to JW's narration to what he "thinks" happened to SJ and Marco, because that's just what he thinks, I'm pretty sure that is not what happened...I think after someone reads his will, the writer will give us another timeline of the real events that happened perhaps when SJ comes back and explains and then at the end when the real bad guy/mastermind appears, so I'm waiting for that account of the story!!!

As usual MJ killing her scenes, I loved how JW walked in on SJ and played along making her fluster because he didnt come back with a ring :D

there's seriously something wrong with KB and I have a feeling Halmoni is playing dumb but she knows way more than she is leading on I dont think she is as clueless as she pretends to be...I think either they did a really bad cut/edit or they will show us a scene of the three after Halmoni interrupted the touch and them having a conversation....I kinda felt a teeny weeny bad for KB when JW just pushes him with a cane and there's nothing he can do LMAO

speaking of the touch...I need to go back and watch:wub: that reaaaally slow tender touch :wub:who knew a tear wipe could be so romantic...melting!!

SEC SEO seriously heartbroken :heartbreak: I hope that doesn't mean he's killed in real life coz he's one of the sweetest and so devoted to JW, I wouldn't want anything to happen to him. Why do I think someone let out all the bad guys on him so that JW can go on the quest alone...

So does SJ coming back mean JW is now stuck and lost in Granada?

But what if the bad guy is the game programmer, I mean he can see everything and has been working on the code?!!! 

I guess at this point everyone is suspect!!!

HJ is like a military girlfriend/wife waiting for her love to come back from battle. If this is her only role to stay in Seoul and wait then they really have lost an opportunity of making her more interesting by allowing her to play the game and be badass I could see them side by side fighting, I mean there are plenty of girl gamers...is that why they had to kill off Sec SEO so that JW can have a new ally? crossing fingers

• Like 7

Jung Hee Joo is like a strict mommy to Jin Woo and he apparently loving it... he looks like an 8 years old being scolded by mom for being naughty... the CEO who gave her 10 billion won like it was no biggy enjoying all the scolds and He Joo’s fast rapping.. basically in order to make himself “qualified” to be with her... he changed his life goal to finding Se Ju..  

and yes that Prof. Cha is a shady power maniac old man.... 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

Just finished watching the episode. So many thoughts! :wub: First and foremost, I am liking the fact that the writer is maintaining the narrative - the story is being told from JinWoo's perspective with a good balance between facts and his theories. If you are not paying attention, the viewer can get easily misdirected - today's episode was a good example of this. JW is assuming that SeJu is being chased by NPC Marco based on his personal experience and the information he collected on him; we don't know this to be a fact.:ph34r:

Another aspect that I really loved is the details of the game displayed on the screen - the steady increase of points, the upgrading of swords to guns, the limitation of the weapon usage and limitation of fight area. One thing I would like to see is the pattern of appearance of NPC Cha. :phew: Up till now it seems that he appears randomly, but there needs to be some pattern that we are missing.

I am going to wait to see tomorrow's episode before I make any more predictions on the game story-line, but here are my thoughts on the real life events :

12 hours in the life of a CEO - It took JW  almost 12hrs to go meet HeeJu. In the meanwhile, he went back to his office to make arrangements for his travel to Granada, convinced HeeJu to get off the plane, finalized the divorce with ExWife2, met Minju and got her an audition and discussed a hypothetical proposal, had a chat with the Director informing him about his new quest, collected new special items, met with his ex-wife1, director and Prof Cha for a matchmaking lunch - all by lunchtime. :crazy: Phew, talk about being busy! :w00t: He was warned against Prof. Cha by both the Director and ExWife1. He planned to leave for Granada by afternoon as the quest is time sensitive. Still we see that he goes to meet HeeJu in the late evening. If I have to make a guess, JinWoo took some measures to protect himself against what ever Prof. Cha has planned. He knows how to play his cards well.B)

50 shades of Crying HeeJu - I have seen a lot of controversial opinions about the way HeeJu's character has been written. I swear she has cried in each and every episode :D. I now understand why it is always raining in the game. Its all because of HeeJu's tears! :D I am more amused than upset about it. Thankfully, PSH has pulled it off well. Having a younger brother myself, I simply cannot imagine sitting sedately at home, while someone else goes to save my sibling <_< I, would personally have loved to see HeeJu being an active participant in the game [there are female gamers out there, myself included!] and in her search for her brother. Unfortunately, all the female characters in this drama are secondary characters placed there as a narrative element in the main lead's POV. I understand [and do not appreciate!] that the writer is catering to a patriarchal audience.

The tale of the missing love story: And last but not the least, I see that there has been a bit of an unrest in a certain fraction of the fandon because of the lack of romance between JinWoo and HeeJu. That's because, they are not the main couple. Memories of Alhambra is actually a love story between JinWoo and SeJu :P:P:P I remember seeing the first few episodes, when JinWoo was exploring the game and he looked smitten! Had he found SeeJu on the platform the other day, he would have proposed on the spot! :P:P:P He even admitted today that SeJu is his life's goal  :wub:

Jokes aside, eagerly looking forward to tomorrow's episode! I hope the secretary is alive. Give that man a raise and a bulletproof vest + some more protective gear JinWoo-ya!!

• Like 9
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

There are two things that are bothering me. JW went to Granada because he received a message from master. The message was actually a quest that he can only do, once he is in Granada. He has no idea about the content of the quest. 

But what if the mastermind has hacked master's account and used the message to lure JW to go back to Granada? There, JW could be easily killed. Notice that the enemies were waiting for them in Granada (in the train, at the station). And they knew that City Hunter was Zinu's ally. Therefore I am suspecting Mr. Park being involved in all this. First, he knew about the alliance between City Hunter/Seo and Zinu. Not many know about it. Just like he knew when JW and Seo would arrive in Barcelona and take the train to Granada. Then in the preview, Park tells HJ that this quest is a suicidal quest.

Professor Cha and Park have no idea about the importance of HJ in JW's life. He didn't meet her for one whole year and he just said to Park that Finding SJ was his life's goal. So in Park's eyes, SJ is just linked to the game as he is one of his creators. But JW knows pretty well that in order to be with HJ, he needs to find SJ. Park has no idea about the real meaning behind JW's words. Cha proposed the remarriage between JW and SJ because he is unaware of JW's affection for HJ. He kept his feelings quite to himself. So if JW dies, then the shares could go to professor Cha and Park. That's why it was important that JW divorces before going to Granada. I am still convinced that JW has always been the target from the start.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Let's talk about the light-hearted moments first because the game has become like 'he-who-should-not-be-named'!:crazy:

-MinJu the cupid. Her efforts will pay off one day. We pray that JW's next visit to HJ's house, will be with flowers and a ring, whenever that day shall come. Fighting!

-KSB fighting look so funny. If he is a villain, then he is going to be a funny looking villain. More than that, I laughed when JW beat him with his cane. And adding salt to his wounds was halemoni's rolling pin. Now I am thinking what if he joins hands with Prof.Cha in the villain brigade..:ph34r:

-Binnie's neck! PSH's fingers are very lucky..lol!

-JW is actually very talkative. He rarely gives HeJu a chance to speak, and only when she cries or starts to rant, then he pauses to listen.

-It was actually a small cut. Our oppa has survived a six-floor fall and nth number of assassins plus a zombie attack. But still, it was a pleasing scene to watch. And someone is burinnngg..ooo!

-There was something after 'the tear wiping'. Or if there isn't then its bad direction, because I felt it was abruptly ended, no bye, no good luck, no greetings..he just went off(??)

-JW's dialogue was interesting on his way back, 'even though we are not going together but its an important journey for both of us'. Indeed it is because on this journey depends JW-HJ's future. And now after watching the preview, I am more concerned about JW than SeJu. It took one year for SeJu to return(supposedly), and I don't know about JW.

Anyways, like most you have said, Marco being zombie was JW's theory and his assumption which is probably not even valid now. I think we have been played by the writer and there is going to be another explanation or timeline once SeJu enter's the picture. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just a trivia remark regarding the train station scenes: they are filmed in Budapest. 

Most likely Budapest Teleki Train Station 

AEYWYWj.jpg

Up there you can see one of the iconic buildings in Budapest, Buda Castle

JsHjowg.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

18 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

-MinJu the cupid. Her efforts will pay off one day. We pray that JW's next visit to HJ's house, will be with flowers and a ring, whenever that day shall come. Fighting!

MinJu - JinWoo scenes are a treat to watch! I feel like she is another little elf NPC who is giving JinWoo his sense of humor back! Apart from the game timeline, their interactions are the true highlights of the drama for me :wub: JinWoo's secretary heard MinJu mention about a proposal and was tasked with taking MinJu to meet the director of a huge entertainment industry. I am guessing that HeeJu will visit the office he next day to meet the Director. I hope that the secretary doesn't make 2+2=5 and start any unfounded rumors!

-KSB fighting look so funny. If he is a villain, then he is going to be a funny looking villain. More than that, I laughed when JW beat him with his cane. And adding salt to his wounds was halemoni's rolling pin. Now I am thinking what if he joins hands with Prof.Cha in the villain brigade..:ph34r:

He really looked so pathetic and like a petulant child! I have a feeling he will team up with ExWife2 to go to the press and try and cause trouble for JinWoo. I was secretly pleased to see Halmoni tell him that he has been taking liberties of their hospitality, she clearly doesn't like him much :P

Anyways, like most you have said, Marco being zombie was JW's theory and his assumption which is probably not even valid now. I think we have been played by the writer and there is going to be another explanation or timeline once SeJu enter's the picture.

A 100 times this! I am starting to think the same. There is no evidence that there is another rogue NPC but its been implied. Hopefully tomorrow we will get more clues!

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, aine7 said:

Just a trivia remark regarding the train station scenes: they are filmed in Budapest. 

Most likely Budapest Teleki Train Station

Well spotted. I was going to say that it doesn't resemble Barcelona train station, not is the indicator in Spanish but a Slavic script. Probably chose it for convenience.

• Like 3

@stroppyse thank you so much for the translations. 

@siddy09 I think sleep has made me somehow understand this crazy drama so now Im back with my thoughts. No I havent thrown it out completely as Im certain that last nights ep is just purely JW speculation of whatever madness this game did to make SJ and maybe Seo disappear. His been trying to understand the crazy game afterall to prove his not insane.

There are some flaws in JW theory which I think the writer did this to keep the suspense.

1. how did Marco die? A clear bulletshot in the head is what we saw on NPC Marco but we didnt see SJ shoot him. It just continued off that SJ was getting JW details so he could contact him.  So it's just JW speculation that SJ killed him in the game like what he did to CHS

2. SJ contacting JW to see if he can save him from this crazy game.  SJ created the game how can he NOT fix it? Regardless if its a bug still where is the log out button? Cant you just pull the plug out....control alt delete :sweatingbullets: Am I suppose to believe this is the magical/fantasy element of the drama? "the game took control"

I guess we need to see SJ to really know what happened.

Im still not ruling out my theory that Marco didnt turn out to a Zombie

3. Park looks like he secretly loves SoJin (JW exwife & widow of CHS) He clearly told JW not to trust him...he seems shaddy. In the preview, when he tells HJ that JW was going a suicide quest to find her brother ... i think this will make HJ go back to Granada. Maybe seeing SJ (real or not) will make her fly back there. The preview we see JW asking himself if he can do this alone is hinting that maybe HJ needs to be there too. 

4. HJ is suppose to meet JW I.T guru -Choi Yang Joo so she can see the monitors of the game. If thats the case why didnt we hear CYJ when all those NPC attacked Seo and JW. Is he that useless behind those monitors? 

5. The romance, gosh its slow but yeah I agree theyve got no time for it. Right now the time is ticking to complete the mission - Saving SeJu and now Seo. Maybe he sees them in that dungeon or it leads to another mission. I do hope there was an extra scene after JW tenderly touched HJ face. :sweatingbullets:

Most importantly I hope we get answers than questions. Hopefully writer wont throw another cliffhanger as the weekly wait of the next eps is killing me. Expect the unexpected... or better yet, be safe - dont expect at all. Go with the flow. 

Please excuse my frustration :sweatingbullets:

mind-blown.gif

Updates...to my relief

Ratings for ep 9 was 7.563 % and Seoul is 9.797 %.

Spoiler

Dvni9lSUcAAnfDJ.jpgDvni9lHVAAAgwrd.jpg

cr. YYSY in twitter

It's the end, final script 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, sanika said:

Well spotted. I was going to say that it doesn't resemble Barcelona train station, not is the indicator in Spanish but a Slavic script. Probably chose it for convenience.

On the right screen you can see the names of few towns in Hungary: Eger, Nagykata, Miskolc

On the left Brasov, Timisoara, Bucuresti (Romania), Kosice (Slovakia) - towns in the neighboring countries

• Like 6