[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

First impression: Seems like a lot of fun.

Saw the first episode with C subs and enjoyed the mix of humour and angst. My only complaint is that there wasn't enough LJG action. :D His agility during a training session was unbelievable though. More, More!

I see some narrative parallels with Time between Dog and Wolf... and true to form... we have ourselves a major conspiracy involving the big people of LJG's old home town! Yesh... very OCN... :wink: But the really interesting part of this show is that the women are the movers and shakers... good, bad or very corrupt.

I understand the female lead's frustration with the judge and his egregious sexism which undoubtedly led to the ridiculous ruling he brought down but throwing him a punch was probably not the wisest decision. :wink: Especially when an appeal can be made. I'm assuming that she has some childhood connection with LJG's character which will soon be revealed. Definitely the idealist of this story.

Love that mum was a lawyer who uncovered something big. Love that Anh Nae Sang is his gangster uncle who brought him up to be the kickass lawyer. Nice. Let's hope the role he has in this is better than the one in Misty. :tongue:

Looking forward to more revelations... will probably wait for the E subs because there's so much legalese to wade through.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Where? Where are the eng subs?!But seriously, what is Viki's deal? They weren't always like this. That I know of, it didn't start till after Weightlifting Fairy and Legend of the Blue Sea.

18 minutes ago, Wotad said:

im surprised no fans have done subs faster then viki

I think this is many people's state of affairs now:

@Wotad if it were left up to fans to do it.Believe me, they would have subbed this from the word go.The problem is TVN happens to be strict with copyright.Lee Joon Gi not too long ago was on TVN variety show(sweetheart in my ear).The LJG international fanpage started eng subbing episodes and uploading to facebook.TVN complained to facebook and the videos were taken down.So maybe everyone is just being cautious and waiting for the licensed people to do it.

Okay, let me do only this for the moment as :ph34r:I'm at work :ph34r:but I simply cannot contain my excitement! happy dancing crazy rabbithappy dancing crazy rabbithappy dancing crazy rabbit

6 hours ago, oyashirazu said:

ratings for EP02 are out.

They increased, yay!

CQTl74w.gif

I'm sooooo happy!!! And I can't wait for the next episode too!!!!

*Credit to original uploaders.

@pixelsticks @NoonaE Thank you darling!! :D:D Now,we are focusing on building and revamp for new Malaysia.

I didnt know Lawless Lawyer will be on our tv cable?? But 16/5 is way toooooo long!!! I want my Lee Jun Ki dose now!!!!!!!!!!!  Can anyone give me the link with english sub?? I am looking everywhere but all without english sub. Some conspiracy theory perhaps? 

Okay I succumbed and went on to watch the second episode with C subs. 

Second episode was probably even better than the first. I really love the humour in this.

Spoiler

Very interesting that the Big Bad is a woman. I wonder what hold it is that she has over all these men that they kowtow to her (literally) and cower in front of her.

Sang Pil seems to embarking on some kind of Count of Monte Cristo endeavour starting with the crooked cop, Woo Hyung Man whose been accused of murder. HM is reluctant to change legal counsel but his legal counsel doesn't seem to be doing much to defend him. Deliberately. The plan is to make him the fall guy. I was surprised that SP revealed his identity to HM so quickly but clearly he needs to make a start in his grand revenge plan and he is it.

While Sang Pil was off rescuing his new partner, his new minions were creating mayhem in court to stall things. That was nice raucous fun. Heh.

The show reveals his connection with Jae Yi. She lost her mother the same day he lost his because her mother had a hand in saving his life. Makes sense as to why he picked her.

Good show... definitely a keeper.

I think CM was picked by VIU which I think is another legal site but mostly limited to some Asian countries. Correct me if I'm wrong. Unless Netflix is trying to get the subbing rights, I just assumed Viki had the license since they had it as coming soon week before the premiere. 

3 hours ago, junejungki said:

@pixelsticks @NoonaE Thank you darling!! :D:D Now,we are focusing on building and revamp for new Malaysia.

I didnt know Lawless Lawyer will be on our tv cable?? But 16/5 is way toooooo long!!! I want my Lee Jun Ki dose now!!!!!!!!!!!  Can anyone give me the link with english sub?? I am looking everywhere but all without english sub. Some conspiracy theory perhaps? 

Yahhhhhhhh Malaysia FTW! Feels surreal right. I hv been so busy with election news that I barely watched dramas last week. 

Which cable is this ? Astro? From what I understand Viki has the rights to sub. Maybe they are holding out for simultaneous broadcast or don’t tell me Netflix arm wrestled for the rights? Like pretty Noona ..... viki  had a landing page as well but later on Netflix became the subber.

@40somethingahjumma I wish could read Chinese subs.  I regret not taking my language classes seriously ..*cries* 

8 hours ago, Wotad said:

im surprised no fans have done subs faster then viki ;p 

Subbing is really hard work & the team on pretty Noona really spent a lot of time 

Well They need to at least let viewers and subscribers know exactly what is going on and whether  the program can be expected or not so they don’t continue wondering .It’s common courtesy.

4 hours ago, junejungki said:

Hello fellow Malaysian. Happy new Malaysia. 

Same like most Malaysians, I was so occupied with the election last week that I put my drama watching on hold. I was basically lacking sleep for 2 days waiting for the election result and the swearing in ceremony. Everything feel surreal, felt like we were all in somekind of intense political drama, not to mention the worry of a possible last minute hijack. LOL. Then, catching up with my current addiction, "My Ahjusshi" which again, making me totally spent.

Anyway, may I know which channel are they going to air Lawless Lawyer. I am done with hunting for the english subs cause there seems none availabe. In fact I am jealous that my chinese colleagues already enjoying themselves with 2 episodes of LL. Normally, tvN drama will air on channel 395 on Astro or in some cases channel 394. Or it is under 8tv? Thanks in advance for any info.

And yay....Jun Ki finally have a rating high drama. I thought the first episode's rating was due to LL taking the time slot of the hit preceding show "Live", but with episode 2 increased in ratings and the majority good comments, I am legit happy that all his talent finally merited with a good quality and rated drama. And I love Seo Ye Ji too and feels that these two have amazing chemistry.

54 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

@junejungki @lyserose it’s going to be on channel 8tv  hasn’t listed LL yet, probably it won’t include it? Argh it’s so frustrating! No fan subs yet either? What can we do?  

YEAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

I didn't know Malaysian can watch this!!!!!

Thank you for the info!!!

I can't wait... so thankful, so happy!

3 hours ago, chatterbox22 said:

It's really weird. First it was said that the episodes would be out today and now we get "coming soon" ? 

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!  Related image

I checked at midnight and this is what I saw

tx1pvrW.jpgAnd I was SO HAPPY!!!! Related image

Then I woke up and saw this...

3biIl0U.jpgUm....what?  I'm only hoping it's some website glitch and they are processing the first 10 episodes.  

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

Well They need to at least let viewers and subscribers know exactly what is going on and whether  the program can be expected or not so they don’t continue wondering .It’s common courtesy.

They responded when I tweeted at them last year.  Maybe people need to tweet at them this year. 

Ok...I tweeted to Viki...Let's see if they respond.

Archived