Jump to content

[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사


Admin

Recommended Posts

I have a question. How many people does it take to sub one drama? There are 100 employees. What is Viki doing?

Can't have one team work on Rich Man? Then next team work on Lawless Lawyer? This team work on Come and Hug Me? Like why are they making it difficult? You have that many employees and can't pair people up on to who works on this show and the others work on that show? Just finished subbed ep 2 of Rich Man... Really? A week, it took them that long. I don't believe that nonsense about technical difficulties!

 

By the way, look at this.

 

 
Look I'm trying to be patient but if Viki does not have these episodes up before Saturday... We are going to have some problems. No one is going to get in the way of me watching LJG dramas.
SSSy.gif

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem

No it's not dubbed, thank god! Because I watched it on 8TV earlier... I'm amazed at the many latest Chinese & Korean Dramas being aired over 8TV lately. There must be a demand I guess as Astro is a pain. And as @lyserose says It's better than nothing:D It's probably me but as I'm used to watching streaming dramas online with English subs, having to watch dramas with Malay subs make me try translating them into English instead? I'm weird I know LoL!

Seo Ye-Ji look somewhat similar to Jung-Ki's ex Jeon Hye-Bin(?) I'm being random don't mind me HA. I like how her character has punched Jung-Ki twice and that's just the beginning! Talk about leaving an impression:lol: Jung-Ki's character truly lives up to the title Lawless Lawyer. He's gathering a odd crew of loan sharks as part of his new rogue law firm. Interesting. With Suits currently on air as well there's a running theme of dramas concerning the law or lawyers. While You Were Sleeping was a hit of course.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Since I wasn't around to this thread for a while. Can anyone tell me why is the eng sub is no where to be found?? Doesn't viki have the license to this show? It's been for days already but seems like the subs is still listed as 0% on their site. Why?? Is there an issue?? How can I watch if it's like this??? Should I give up and pushed it back to next month instead? Pftt. 

viki should have subs soon i hope 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok this is interesting^_^:

 

"You’ve all seen these photos but... And I wonder how much of the satire will be effectively conveyed to international fans, but Judge Cha Moon-sook and her secretary (next to Cha in the last photo; another antagonist of BongHa, especially Ha Jae-yi) are thought to represent S. Korea’s former ousted prez and her confidant jailed last year after being charged and sentenced to imprisonment following the country’s corruption scandal. Of course the director and writer did not make an explicit mention of these connections, but it’s not so thickly-veiled lol so....just to give international fans some tips."

Credit:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi2stSZHPe_/

 

 

This is the photo she is referring to:

tumblr_p8uhf0CFq91w2cbngo1_540.jpg

 

......................................................................................................................................................

Just dropping these......

 

Face to face: Looking at him like "who is this fool:D"

tumblr_p8jiqapHgO1s1v3ubo1_r1_540.gif

 

Checking him out when he is not looking:)(i dont blame her:wub:)

tumblr_p8jiqapHgO1s1v3ubo3_r2_540.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, violina said:

Ok this is interesting^_^:

 

"You’ve all seen these photos but... And I wonder how much of the satire will be effectively conveyed to international fans, but Judge Cha Moon-sook and her secretary (next to Cha in the last photo; another antagonist of BongHa, especially Ha Jae-yi) are thought to represent S. Korea’s former ousted prez and her confidant jailed last year after being charged and sentenced to imprisonment following the country’s corruption scandal. Of course the director and writer did not make an explicit mention of these connections, but it’s not so thickly-veiled lol so....just to give international fans some tips."

Credit:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi2stSZHPe_/

YEEEEEEESSSSS. It seems like she is modeled directly after her. Everything she says. Like when she says "All the people of Korea are my children," is exactly what the former President said. And when she got the hand sanitizer like in your photo, her assistant walked everywehre with her and put her handsanitizer on her hands after she shook hands with everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So many updates! thank you all so much for sharing.

Special thanks to @violina for the awesome gifs

 

As I'm impatiently waiting for subs (will they come before saturday?), I'm patiently screencaping. Those who know me, know that I'm crazy about JG and also know that since MLSHR I use to take caps of every single JG scene, and BSP won't be an exception. I tried to control myself, but I'm afraid I will picspam you anyway. Sorry in advance...

 

Episode 1 Higlights:

Cool Intro

Spoiler

 

8cqrtb4.png

 

 

Cool BSP driving...
 

Spoiler

 

MLbPHq2.png

 

.. Making his clients tears turn to money...

5tXKXNv.png

 

...saving his clients...

XWIj36y.png

 

...and looking adorable while doing it...

nSRr4NN.png

 

...Practicing Jiu-Jitsu

sCG1Nig.png

 

 

Beautiful BSP recieving a package...

BCuMHup.png

 

... in my shallow self's favorite sequence from the episode.

 

Drinking with my favorite ajjussi

Spoiler

 

MiX5hdR.png

 

 

BSP entering the city of fog...

T4Z8Cna.png

 

... and crossing paths with his future paralegal... 

Spoiler

zQCkfKD.png

..modelling walking into his new office

qArHSsA.png

 

 

Sweet remembrances of mom

RqePq9B.png

 

BSP gang before knowing they are BSP gang and after being beated

 

  Hide contents

 

8ISPOjW.png

Court time

m497qNq.png

 

First official meeting with his nemesis...JBBPjbO.png

 

 

  Hide contents

 

...and first BSP's gang meeting

xctHDlX.png

 

Most painful memories of a nerve wrecking sequenceRMKlIeM.png

 

Crying time...UsUOD6Q.png

Is there a drama where LJG doesn´t have mom issues?

 

 

BSP interviewing his future paralegal

 

  Hide contents

 

tFvKeiM.pngi love love love lackie preparing everything

 

Love love love BSP expressions27dgG7Q.png

 

Also love how she's not impressed at all... while lackie is spying on themmDMbV9s.png

 

First day at workusyzkh8.png

and i love love love everyone expressions

 

Bickering time?m09q3SX.pngoZ9rjWb.png

 

Introducing new reluctant client uh7EvWo.pngiicZwkb.png

 

 

 

 

THE END
 

Spoiler

 

yDpOyV9.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hiiii everyone, one of my my friends sent me something and I put it in google translate

 


As Usual for TVN cable TV Dramas that Aired on Saturday & Sunday Slots for its International views are held by the Official Netflix site. For Lawlesser Drama just like the new live drama will air on Netflix 1 week after aired in Korea, so Subtitle English from Netflix is new on Subscene every Friday. In addition to Netflix, Lawlesser Drama will also appear on the Viki Official Website, only in VIKI also have to wait a few days For Subtitle Englishnya because in Sub by "Volunteer Team".

 

Sooo it's all because of Netflix <_< and we're gonna have subs tomorrow finally:wacko: (I hope it was translated correctly).

But this way they will lose many of their international viewers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@LyraYoo

Spoiler

I might be able to help translate to English if there's an SRT file of the Malay subtitle (the one aired by 8tv Malaysia). I'll have a bit of spare time starting next week when I finish all of the classes I teach this semester. I don't know if the Chinese speaking fans are also able to help because the drama is also aired by iQiyi (if I remember it correctly)? This is frustrating indeed... no sign of airing the subbed version from Viu either  *sigh*. 

 

Thanks for all the updates, fellow Law Law Land Citizens! I'm glad *ah thats so ironic* that I'm not the only one being so desperate for the English subbed version! bored-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry for a small rant, I'm waiting quite (im)patiently for the subs.. I firmly believe that Netflix should honestly just keep away from Korean Dramas, the way Netflix intends to deliver and the way Kdrama audience consumes the content is quite different, more often than not they end up hampering the watching experience of the audience who watch the drama as it airs. Plus Netflix being more resourceful than Viki/Dramafever ends up taking rights for the biggest /most hyped or awaited dramas,  thus disappointing a larger audience. Netflix already has a much larger audience at dispose, they honestly I feel should just focus on them, and leave the niche market of Korean entertainment alone.. With Netflix in the game, it feels like we've gone 10 years backwards, to a time We would wait weeks for subs...!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@triplem

No it's not dubbed, thank god! Because I watched it on 8TV earlier... I'm amazed at the many latest Chinese & Korean Dramas being aired over 8TV lately. There must be a demand I guess as Astro is a pain. And as @lyserose says It's better than nothing:D It's probably me but as I'm used to watching streaming dramas online with English subs, having to watch dramas with Malay subs make me try translating them into English instead? I'm weird I know LoL!

Seo Ye-Ji look somewhat similar to Jung-Ki's ex Jeon Hye-Bin(?) I'm being random don't mind me HA. I like how her character has punched Jung-Ki twice and that's just the beginning! Talk about leaving an impression:lol: Jung-Ki's character truly lives up to the title Lawless Lawyer. He's gathering a odd crew of loan sharks as part of his new rogue law firm. Interesting. With Suits currently on air as well there's a running theme of dramas concerning the law or lawyers. While You Were Sleeping was a hit of course.   

Thank goodness they didnt sub it to Mandarin. I watched last night episode but what really annoyed me is the advertisement. I think they put on the ad every 10 minutes. Duh!!! 

 

@triplem @lyserose did you girls watch the first episode last night?? No Mandarin dub but they aired it one hour later due to the live coverage of Anwar Ibrahim ceramah. 

 

The Malay subtitle is not quite accurate. I wonder who are their translator? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, violina said:

Ok this is interesting^_^:

 

"You’ve all seen these photos but... And I wonder how much of the satire will be effectively conveyed to international fans, but Judge Cha Moon-sook and her secretary (next to Cha in the last photo; another antagonist of BongHa, especially Ha Jae-yi) are thought to represent S. Korea’s former ousted prez and her confidant jailed last year after being charged and sentenced to imprisonment following the country’s corruption scandal. Of course the director and writer did not make an explicit mention of these connections, but it’s not so thickly-veiled lol so....just to give international fans some tips."

Credit:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi2stSZHPe_/

 

 

Wow... that's fascinating and it explains a lot. No wonder. I thought it was a bit different (but refreshing) that the Big Bad in the drama was a woman. So it's a nod to real world politics. It was really intriguing to me while watching the first couple of episodes that Judge Cha was able to have such a strong hold over these men in key positions of power who were basically subservient to her authority. Her own personal stooges that do her bidding. In private she addressed Lawyer Go as "Oppa" and I don't imagine that they're related. :wink:Even the thuggish An O-Ju was quivering in her presence and she appointed him mayor of the city as if she was the queen. I've been wondering how she managed to amass this kind of power but she said something about her not being able to be compared to her father (or that she was lacking compared to her father) so it could be that this family has been the real source of power in the city for a long time.

I've been doing a bit of reading on President Park Geun-hye and her father was a "dictator" that seized power in the 1960s due to some kind of political unrest. Her life history and that of her entire family would make for an interesting drama. :wink:

 

So it's been confirmed that Netflix is now broadcasting the subbed version of the show? Can't say it's unexpected. This is the type of show that they tend to go far and they seem to have some kind of ongoing business relationship with tvN. I don't hold any particular fondness for their subs but for those of us who live outside the licensed zone, Netflix is often the only way to watch K dramas (or any foreign dramas for that matter) with English subs legally. And it's not as if they sub every single on-airing K drama... just different ones on cable.

Not trying to start a fight here but offering another perspective. :) It is a pain to have to wait a week but that's something that Netflix and CJ E&M needs to sort out amongst themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slyfindor said:

Sorry for a small rant, I'm waiting quite (im)patiently for the subs.. I firmly believe that Netflix should honestly just keep away from Korean Dramas, the way Netflix intends to deliver and the way Kdrama audience consumes the content is quite different, more often than not they end up hampering the watching experience of the audience who watch the drama as it airs. Plus Netflix being more resourceful than Viki/Dramafever ends up taking rights for the biggest /most hyped or awaited dramas,  thus disappointing a larger audience. Netflix already has a much larger audience at dispose, they honestly I feel should just focus on them, and leave the niche market of Korean entertainment alone.. With Netflix in the game, it feels like we've gone 10 years backwards, to a time We would wait weeks for subs...!!! 

 

Whoahhhh so it's going to be on Netflix as well? Go figure. 

 

I don't mind the wait, I just wished there was notice in advance for people that it would be available on Netflix. It's so easy to find out about upcoming western shows, but it's so lax when it comes to upcoming Korean Shows.

 

Another thing I've noticed is Netflix is incredibly cheap when it comes to airing the original Korean OST. So fingers crossed Lawless Lawyer isn't trampled with Netflix's filler bgm. Not sure if people are noticing but I'm hearing less Korean tracks on Netflix exclusive Korean Dramas? 

 

 I enjoy watching non- asian dramas/films as well, so for me having Netflix is more convenient. Plus there's so many subscriptions for everything these days, it's driving me nuts... my money :( lol. 

 

Aside from all that, I'm incredibly excited for the leads since this is a combination I didn't think would happen. I haven't been this pleased hearing Lee Jun Ki's co-star since Joseon Gunman. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Latte_Anyday @junejungki @lyserose Unfortunately I could not catch it last night as I was out.( And I forgot to record on the astro pvr)  But Bahasa subs is not ideal for me as well since I’m used to English subs. But I found something strange with the program. I was expecting them to show every Wednesday & Thursday, but see next week - no show?? They put another recently completed  tvN drama A poem a day 

 

http://whatson.astro.com.my/channels/8tv/115/?cat=variety-entertainment&lang=chinese&stb=708

 

maybe I should just wait for Netflix like how I did for Live. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kasjady said:

I don't mind the wait, I just wished there was notice in advance for people that it would be available on Netflix. It's so easy to find out about upcoming western shows, but it's so lax when it comes to upcoming Korean Shows.

I agree, especially since I purchased a Viki subscription to watch LL and I already have a Netflix subscription.  I guess I will wait to see who has the better subs and if there is any messing around with the OST.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone here know why Lawless Lawyer isn't subbed anywhere yet ? I've been waiting desperately all week and check every day for subs. Normally k......how much percentage of subs a drama has already but Lawless Lawyer is just appearing as raw. It's quite odd since the other two dramas I'm watching, Wok of Love and Rich Man, got subbed that very day or by the next morning. Does anyone know why Lawless Lawyer subs are being delayed on all sites like this ? :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..