[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what it is? I just feel both Dramafever and Viki are getting lazy.

I really haven't seen many Korean dramas from them lately. I know they have A Poem a Day, My Mister and I think that's it.

Viki has got:

• Lawless Lawyer
  • Come and Hug Me
  • Rich Man (which is still being subbed I think, just ep 2) but I'm waiting for it to finish airing before I watch it.
  • Why Secretary Kim (not sure if it's this month or next month)
  • About Time
  • Handsome Guy and Jung Eum

See? Many of the dramas that Viki are subbing. I don't understand how Dramafever didn't get any of these. If it had been on DF instead, seeing it the next day. But look at Viki, they're taking so long to sub LL! These shows I have been looking forward to and now that Viki has them...

7jzJ.gif

9 hours ago, triplem said:

@40somethingahjumma I wish could read Chinese subs.  I regret not taking my language classes seriously ..*cries* 

Me too! :wink:

But my foundations are okay and I get by. These days I think I'm doing better with historical dramas than modern ones! Heh! The legal vocab in the first episode was killing me. But the second episode was more detective than legal thankfully.

If there are scenes that anyone wants to know more about while waiting for subs, let me know. Since this is a tvN drama, my suspicion is that Netflix will probably be subbing this now that Live is over. That could mean no subs until Saturday morning (for me). What I've also heard is that the number of people subbing on the usual sites has also dropped. I imagine people move on once they get busy with RL.

Hi guys, 

So while we are waiting for the subs(i really hope this gets resolved soon).International kdrama bloggers have already started weighing in.Here is one review:

A REASON TO PROTECT

screenshot-434-e1526234270739.png?w=620

Lawless Lawyer didn’t disappoint with its first two episodes. There is tons of action, a solid enough narrative that believably weaves all the main players together, spicy OTP chemistry and a sleek execution. Lee Jun Ki is charming and intense at once, while Seo Ye Ji matches up with her steely beauty. Lee Hye Young and Choi Min Soo are indivdually and collectively compelling in their portrayal and developed a good rapport with the younger actors.

So Sang Pil orchestrated his meeting with Jae Yi, aware that she lost her mother because of what happened to his mother all those years ago. Back then, it was her mother who saved him from a worser fate. Besides the OTP moment in the clip below, I like how it reveals that Sang Pil was cognizant of Jae Yi all this while and how he was present at significant moments of her life leading to their official meeting.

Now I get why Sang Pil vows he has to protect Jae Yi and insists that the fight ahead is both their responsibility. Despite all the debonair charm and action, I appreciate the sweet back story behind the romance, one that only Sang Pil is aware of.

Credit: https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/05/14/a-reason-to-protect/

For those who would be interested.These folks did the live recaps in English:

ep 1: https://www.bah-doo.com/lawless-lawyer-live-recap-episode-1/

ep 2: https://www.bah-doo.com/lawless-lawyer-live-recap-episode-2/

Joon Gi talking in kakao talk room of the drama that was broadcast live on May 12th.

Joon Gi's nickname in the chat room is "it's me and me" (나야나)... :D

And Joon Gi said that Yae Ji is so beautiful and then he added the dog image with heart-shaped eyes... :D

7 hours ago, Wotad said:

Secret mother got subs before this.. what the hell

They are subbed by Kocawa. SBS , KBS & MBC ( the non-cable networks) often have arrangements with them to so . 

Just noticed while rewatching episode 2 raw

Spoiler

The last time either Sang Pil or Jae Yi saw their mom alive they were both wearing a yellow raincoat. Looks like these two have been fated for a while. 

@NoonaE Oh!! They will air it on 8TV. 16/5 is tmrw. Oh!! well, Guess I have to wait patiently until tmrw. 

@triplem @lyserose me too!! I waited until 4am on Thursday. I was lack of sleeping and my mind all over the place. Basically I was on my phone 24/7 for the next 4 days. I didnt watch any K drama last week. I am starting now. First with our beloved JG drama. It is on 8TV but the problem is, 8TV korean drama will be dub to Mandarin with english sub title. How eh??  I want to hear JG's  sexy voice. 

8 minutes ago, junejungki said:

@NoonaE Oh!! They will air it on 8TV. 16/5 is tmrw. Oh!! well, Guess I have to wait patiently until tmrw. 

@triplem @lyserose me too!! I waited until 4am on Thursday. I was lack of sleeping and my mind all over the place. Basically I was on my phone 24/7 for the next 4 days. I didnt watch any K drama last week. I am starting now. First with our beloved JG drama. I son 8TV but the problem is, 8TV korean drama will be dub to Mandarin with english sub title. How eh??  I want to hear JG's  sexy voice. 

Same i hardly slept & kept checking the news . Crazy right ? 

Darn it’s going to be dubbed in mandarin ? Then I’d rather wait for the subs from viki . The feel is different when dubbed.

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

Same i hardly slept & kept checking the news . Crazy right ? 

Darn it’s going to be dubbed in mandarin ? Then I’d rather wait for the subs from viki . The feel is different when dubbed.

I think so because I remember it very well how I was really annoyed 8TV aired some of my favourite K drama dub in Mandarin. But never mind. Let's wait until tmrw. 

Archived