[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

31 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Urghh they changed the plot too much for my liking, look at this preview for eps 13-16...

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/115227689.html?weibo_id=4464001725404334

Did the novel ever explained what happened during the time FJ & DH were in the mortal realm? 

Anyhow.. I'm loving the drama so much, even more than TMOPB! So much fun watching FJ & DH. Kudos to Vengo Gao though. He's portraying 2 characters very well. Super believable! And I love our FJ to bits. And Si Ming!!! Love him the most! Thank goodness they kept the same actor playing him in EMOD! :D 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Urghh they changed the plot too much for my liking, look at this preview for eps 13-16...

How come Jiheng is in the mortal arc? Wtf...this is a bit too much. Maybe the actress that plays Ji Heng has some backing or something, otherwise i don't understand why she is so promoted. 

Why oh why they didn't just follow the book?..why they follow DongFeng character in TMOPB on mortal arc?

Did the Crown Prince is Donghua himself or his reincarnation?..bc in conversation between Siming and FJ Siming say DH goes to mortal realm..Xie Guchou said Donghua will be reincarnating to Mortal realm supposedly in Thirty thousands yrs later but Donghua make a decision to go to mortal realm much earlier in order to  recuperate his cultivation.

I'm a little confused:blink:...so doesn't matter if DH is indeed DH or his recarnation ..does he will remember what's happened to their special connection...I really hope so..

6 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

How come Jiheng is in the mortal arc? Wtf...this is a bit too much. Maybe the actress that plays Ji Heng has some backing or something, otherwise i don't understand why she is so promoted. 

She’s the one who has the rights for drama adaptation. Whoever sold it to her, I am watching you! She is the only miscast in this drama urgh!

• Like 2

Just now, INeedAFan said:

She’s the one who has the rights for adaptation. 

Oh yes, i forgot about this. She was supposed to have the role of FengJiu. Omg, imagine instead of our Dilireba to see this actress....:dizzy: so that means we will see more and more of her....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Why oh why they didn't just follow the book?..why they follow DongFeng character in TMOPB on mortal arc?

Did the Crown Prince is Donghua himself or his reincarnation?..bc in conversation between Siming and FJ Siming say DH goes to mortal realm..Xie Guchou said Donghua will be reincarnating to Mortal realm supposedly in Thirty thousands yrs later but Donghua make a decision to go to mortal realm much earlier in order to  recuperate his cultivation.

I'm a little confused:blink:...so doesn't matter if DH is indeed DH or his recarnation ..does he will remember what's happened to their special connection...I really hope so..

I am afraid we will see this kind of changes more and more...:cold_sweat::cold_sweat: and a lot of screentime for Jiheng

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Question for you girls: how is Pillow Book in comparison to TMOPB after 8 eps? i remember so many things happened in TMOPB in the first 8 eps. it started a bit boring, but then it really draw me in. I don't remember..do we meet DongHua in the first 8 eps of TMOPB?

Would not think I would say this, but so far I prefer this (first 8 eps) over TMOPB. Tmopb felt very very slow in the beginning, and only felt like it started to pick up after the 10th episeode. I'll be honest, the first 10 eps of tmopb where BQ was training was very boring to me. But it played a big part in the story so I'm glad I didnt skip it. The pacing feels just right in this one, and it is still very entertaining. 

Also, from what all of you ladies have said, it looks like I'll be skipping alot in the coming episodes. I am not a big fan of Ji Heng. Also not a big fan of mortal arcs in any xianxia. Ha! Isnt Jiu Feng supposed to suffer the most in this arc? Or is it the Aranya arc?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

I am afraid we will see this kind of changes more and more...:cold_sweat::cold_sweat: and a lot of screentime for Jiheng

Jiheng was just like Su Jin version 2:0..such a waste.

The good thing in Mortal arc is bc of Vengo/Reba. Their chemistry save the Mortal arc ( My opinion based on the trailer ep 13 to 16..posted by @Sisca_TVXQ thk as always)

Not much into the storyline plots or whatsoever...

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

Oh yes, i forgot about this. She was supposed to have the role of FengJiu. Omg, imagine instead of our Dilireba to see this actress....:dizzy: so that means we will see more and more of her....

But I think back then they negotiated the rights to be sold to Jay Walk studio, didn't they? Perhaps part of the deal was that the actress would still get a part in the drama.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

Did the novel ever explained what happened during the time FJ & DH were in the mortal realm? 

This is how it went according to the novel:

When she first descended to the Human Realm to repay her life-saving debt to Dong Hua, Feng Jiu was known as Consort Chen, a small concubine in the harem. Emperor Song, Dong Hua's mortal incarnation, bestowed her away to become Qing Ti's concubine. Feng Jiu did not hid her true identity and told Qing Ti many things. Qing Ti ended up dying to protect her from a demon's blade and Feng Jiu promised him that she will mourn for him for three lifetimes, but could not give him the love he asked for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

This is how it went according to the novel:

When she first descended to the Human Realm to repay her life-saving debt to Dong Hua, Feng Jiu was known as Consort Chen, a small concubine in the harem. Emperor Song, Dong Hua's mortal incarnation, bestowed her away to become Qing Ti's concubine. Feng Jiu did not hid her true identity and told Qing Ti many things. Qing Ti ended up dying to protect her from a demon's blade and Feng Jiu promised him that she will mourn for him for three lifetimes, but could not give him the love he asked for.

Ahhh.. so they're basically expanding this part of the story to several episodes eh? Hopefully it won't be too long.. I mean.. We only have 56 episodes.. they're not going to allocate 10-20 eps just for this right?!?! T.T And Ji Heng.. Sighh... I just want more FJ & DH... :bawling:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

37 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

She’s the one who has the rights for drama adaptation. Whoever sold it to her, I am watching you! She is the only miscast in this drama urgh!

Did you guys notice her clothes? She changes clothes like she's the female lead or something and her clothes look so extravagant

48 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

Anyhow.. I'm loving the drama so much, even more than TMOPB! So much fun watching FJ & DH. Kudos to Vengo Gao though. He's portraying 2 characters very well. Super believable! And I love our FJ to bits. And Si Ming!!! Love him the most! Thank goodness they kept the same actor playing him in EMOD! :D 

Spoiler

In novel DH never go to mortal realm, thats only a lie told by Zhong lin to others because DH is asleep/recuperating.

And even tough FJ become the king's concubine she always reject him because at that point she only wants repay her debt (IMO she kinda feels that the king is not DH).

To reject the king completely she wrote a love letter to other concubine so the king got angry and bestow her to YQT. Later she try to save the king from some demon but YQT died instead to protect her.

• Like 6

have to admit ep 9 and 10 is a let down

seems to be rushing a lil and also mortal realm is lil meh.. (even in book i dont dwell much on it)

and also urgh the addition of jiheng seriously not making the mortal realm any better (it actually make it worst imo)

but i think they will make this part longer 

to prolong the angst of donghua and fengjiu, 

the first part we got to see how cute and lovely first love and childish fengjiu's love is like

now we are getting more and deeper into the love that fengjiu has

its more like love is no longer enough, we need trust, loyalty and a whole lot more too

we also got to see how the experiences fengjiu had in mortal realm changes and makes her more mature and solemn

for now i am still holding on toward the other half of the story where the actual story begun

the chasing, the flirting, the devotion and the love...

its like we are throwing the lame parts first for you guys

so that you all will get more excited in later eps where be assured that you will squeal, giggle and even blush

:joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Considering that the mortal realm arc seemingly will be very short, I am actually very pleased. They're usually so long, and even though they're always important to the storyline, I feel that there could be other content that would be far more enjoyable. Love and Destiny, which I absolutely overall enjoyed, is a great example. The mortal realm arc was far too draggy, and they could have given the ending more time so it had not been so rushed and instead would have felt more complete.

Am I the only one that thinks Jiheng is pretty? Her lips do look a bit unnatural, but otherwise, I think she is quite beautiful.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

But I think back then they negotiated the rights to be sold to Jay Walk studio, didn't they? Perhaps part of the deal was that the actress would still get a part in the drama.

For sure this was the deal..but come on, producers, to stuff all the eps with her it's a bit too much. Thank God i didn t start watching the drama yet, if not i would smash something, I'm telling you :joy::joy:

It's so nice to read all your opinions, hihi :blush: i feel i don't need to watch the drama at all, because u already gave me all the details :joy:

• LOL 1

Hey, i'm following this drama since one and a half years and finally decided to write something too.

I love DongFeng and i'm annoying my whole family by fangirling :sweatingbullets:

5 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/115227689.html?weibo_id=4464001725404334

I was first shocked, when I saw the last scene because this would destroy innocent FengJiu.

But now i'm thinking this is dreaming DongHua, mesmerized by FengJiu's dancing skills, just like when he will be mesmerized when he see her dancing at the blue sea.

I hope I'm right. in fact there are five scenes for four episodes and theres the same music, but I still fear that she will not leave mortal realm as a virgin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elsanna said:

Guys when I added my account on Google pay for joining VIP it's saying "unavailable for the purchase":tears::bawling: somebody else facing any similar problems???

I had a problem with google pay, because i couldn't pay about my phone. I needed to ask my provider to allow third party access

Edited by Dedrya