[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Nat_93 said:

Yes, that’s what I thought. But It doesn’t explain why everything is so different in demon helm and why some characters seem young.  Looks like it is before TMOPB, not after, thus, Bai Qian and YeHua wedding. Anyways, I give up and will just watch ignoring the timeline. Thank you all for the patience :blush:

FJ as a maid should be before the wedding. Just that with Ah Li appearing now it is somewhat confusing. I believe in the book Ah Li wasn't there, at least not when she was a maid at Tai Chen Palace. 

• Like 1

I think the timeline is DH saves FJ before any of Yehua/Bai Qian's story starts in TMOPB. FJ being a palace maid/pet fox might line up with the beginning of TMOPB? But for the majority of events that happen in TMOPB, , DH is in recovery/sleep mode and FJ is in the mortal realm, thinking DH was there. That part is mentioned in TMOPB but very briefly.

Pillow Book picks up at YH/BQ's wedding. But the drama is showing the events that happen before TMOPB like FJ/DH first meeting, palace maid and pet fox. In the novel, these events are told as "flashbacks." So really FJ/DH's story spans across a longer time period, both before and after TMOPB.

1 hour ago, jadore1 said:

*  Maybe my episodes did not have full or proper translation, but what i understood reading about this drama , it was supposed to be independent of TMOPB, but i did not hear properly or understood when Lillith threw all those red stones , who was she and how is she really his equal in strength and co creation ...he barely managed to seal her ...and he passed out only after few episodes by using his cultivation ....true,  both my Ye Hua and Mo Yuen kind of passed out for few years LOL but this is Dong Hua alllooo, 

Is "Lillith" the translation for Miao Luo? She is a manifestation of all the excess sins of the world. DH created a realm to contain all that evil energy to protect the mortal world from itself. And if you think about it, human sin never ends and can never be defeated so that's why Miao Luo is powerful cause that's what she's created out of. So every so often, DH has to use his energy to purify the place or else the "dumpster" will overflow and spill out into the world. He's literally cleaning up the world's sins. And yeah that takes a lot out of him.

Anyhow, I'm still curious as to why they inserted the mortal realm story to make it real. I haven't seen it yet so don't know if there's an in-story explanation? I'm ok with small plot changes as long as the characters are consistent. One thing I hated about TMoPB drama is that they totally changed DH's character. They made him a guy resigned to fate when Pillow Book DH is known for his pure shamelessness, thick face and not giving a rat's behind what anyone says or thinks. From what I've seen so far, looks like this drama will keep that aspect of him.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kimberly Amor said:

Oh you can watch thru laptop via wetvapp? Did you log in, in the browser?

Yes you could, some of you having trouble with your phone maybe you could try watching from your laptop. 

11 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

FJ as a maid should be before the wedding. Just that with Ah Li appearing now it is somewhat confusing. I believe in the book Ah Li wasn't there, at least not when she was a maid at Tai Chen Palace. 

Yup I believed they change the timeline a bit with ah li already there before the wedding.

@Nat_93 In novel, Dong hua saved fengjiu 2000 years before Bai qian and Yehua meet.

Maybe this could help

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2017/04/ten-miles-of-peach-blossoms-timeline.html?m=1

Preview for eps 9-12

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/114893828.html?weibo_id=4463670090268350

4nl67748gza82fg2xy7m00lr8.gif

Spoiler

2fw9ln8crz5qqudp6wn3jr8wv.gif

LOL :D

4fyckaz1vahh94f1yt8n8e3ln.gif

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@Nat_93 In novel, Dong hua saved fengjiu 2000 years before Bai qian and Yehua meet.

Maybe this could help

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2017/04/ten-miles-of-peach-blossoms-timeline.html?m=1

This also helps to see when Dijun abdicates in favor of Heavenly Lord’s father. Sometime later, the current Heavenly Lord succeeds to the throne. This is between 210 000 - 260 000. Then in 260 000 Bai Qian is born. So Dijun abdicates before her birth.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Ok, so Dijun properly meets her for the first time 

Hide contents

in the kitchen and not at the wedding, right?

They changed it for drama, in novel Dijun first "see" her in the wedding. But I think Dong hua didn't "see" her but just see the fish :sweatingbullets: Like how he didn't "see" her when saving her life.

21 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

I am confused, shouldn’t FJ go to Fanyin Valley as a shadow? 

They're going with chronological order so Feng jiu will go to mortal realm first.

24 minutes ago, pawla said:

LOL. Xiao Yan is not the brightest demon lord out there. I wonder how he survived all these years :joy:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4463645343457211

I love him :joy:

• Like 1

The first two episodes I was able to watch for free on WeTV were wonderful!! I can’t wait for more to come!  :heart: I think I’m gonna have to re-read the novel while waiting for eps to release. 

Since I’m not a VIP member, I’m gonna try to avoid social media like the plague :bawling: See y’all in March (or when there’s something huge to fangirl over :wub:)!

14 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Is the reviews good ?

Douban has not released the official ratings. I would say 50-50 based on the current reviews available on the website. Tbh, it’s hard to take this kind of drama seriously, so I guess the ratings would be mid 50s to 60s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kimberly Amor said:

Oh you can watch thru laptop via wetvapp? Did you log in, in the browser?

Yes. I have to login my VIP WeTV (very proud of my VIP status here :p)

Here's the link https://wetv.vip/?language=en

I dont know if it's the same in every country.

Regarding the story flow, I think it's safe to say to ignore the novel all together, so we dont get confused with the drama. Without comparing it with the novel, I'm enjoying the drama so far. Eventhought sometimes I cannot help but compare and the get confused. :p

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

Ok, so Dijun properly meets her for the first time 

Hide contents

in the kitchen and not at the wedding, right?

Actually in the novel FJ never gets to meet DH when she is a maid. Zhi he gives FJ a tough time. Thus they have no fate. The first time he sees her is at BQ and YH wedding in Qingqiu. But I think the drama has changed that. 

@INeedAFan yes you are right, she goes to the valley as a shadow. 

Spoiler

To repay her debt again. But this is not revealed in the book until towards the end when DH builds the mirror which shows past lives. And in the novel, DH doesn't know about this. Infact I think Lian Song is not privy to this as well. Only zhonglin and the other sage. 

@lizax1 kudos to your explanation about the demoness as the receptacle for all the sins of the world. You couldn't have said it better. 

55 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Douban has not released the official ratings. I would say 50-50 based on the current reviews available on the website. Tbh, it’s hard to take this kind of drama seriously, so I guess the ratings would be mid 50s to 60s.

I thought Douban’s ratings are upon 10?

I am confused about the storyline. As some people have not watched ep 8, I will put it as spoilers. So be aware!

Spoiler

At the end of episode 8, DH was recuperating from his injuries. The conversation between Zhong lin, the fan guy, and the other guy was about creating DH’s shadow. So I thought the next part would be Fanyin Valley with Chen Ye and Aranya, where FJ would also send her shadow. However, the preview showed that FJ was in Fanyin Valley instead of her shadow.

Are we going to the mortal realm first?

@bluehibiscus I think it’s not yet available. Here is the link: https://m.douban.com/movie/subject/26915522/

Just finished ep 3, and so far so good. The pace isn't too slow or too fast, just right. Looking forward to when DJ and Bai Feng Jui falls in love, and their three lifetimes of love and pain. So in this drama, there are different sect of demon tribe? The red and green demon tribe???

• Like 1