[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

I just want to thank @SC2019 for sharing with me all the wonderful translations that ELOD Team has worked on in one file. It was so much easier adding them to the The Pillow Book collection ePub I’ve created. 

That way everyone can read the various Outtakes and Mini Specials all in one ePub. :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

@Zelnk Reba once said that Vengo is getting taller and taller somehow but seriously though, their height difference in that video :joy:

In the drama the difference never seemed that big or are my eyes deceiving me lol it always looked like the top of her head reached his mouth or at least his chin. Hmm...

Or maybe Reba stood on those apple boxes more often than not :lol:

• LOL 8

@Yori Ten Do you have any other link for the BGM you posted yesterday? :) I was trying to navigate through the app yesterday so that I can download for offline listening. I noticed that there's another BGM in that page, that one used for the scene FJ meets Si Ming at the entrance after the wedding procession passed by.

The sword dance BGM is sublime. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, stonyfox said:

@Zelnk Reba once said that Vengo is getting taller and taller somehow but seriously though, their height difference in that video :joy:

In the drama the difference never seemed that big or are my eyes deceiving me lol 

I believe in same frame close up shots, Vengo is in slippers while Reba is wearing those platform boots. So, the height difference is not that obvious. :lol:

@MayanEcho That is the official BGM posted by the original composer on the site. I don't have another link atm. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

I believe in same frame close up shots, Vengo is in slippers while Reba is wearing those platform boots. So, the height difference is not that obvious. :lol:

I think I saw an interview, where Reba said something about apple boxes haha

So they were actually platform boots?

I wanna see :joy: is this logical deduction or are there pics/vids out there? 

• LOL 5

8 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The scene mirrors that of the swordance whereby he stood behind her, his hands on hers and he said the line *看好了* - Watch closely. I fell down my sofa and rolled onto the floor (in a tumbling way).

I have to explain my hysterical laughter to my family, because the think I going crazy...you guys crack me up.:joy: 

This show also does it to me, I like that the production team took a more light hearted and funny approach to PB.

Although as some have said they like a more brooding/forcefull  DJ. I like this DJ batter ( got nothing to do with preferences) broody and hot, looks good but they don't communicate very well. And all the cringe worth material and laughter because of it was epic.

If we ( the fans) had our way we could have Reba and Vengo be FJ and DJ in:

▪The brooding DJ version of the PB.

▪Then continue and finally give us  a happy ending to the FJ and DJ from TMOPB ark. :joy:

I think I have a problem ......... obsession........ but I do or maby I don't want help....:joy:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, stonyfox said:

In the drama the difference never seemed that big or are my eyes deceiving me lol it always looked like the top of her head reached his mouth or at least his chin. Hmm...

I've noticed in standing interview he always has his neck bent, I guess is so that his head dosent get cut out of the frame :joy:

That wig looks to be almost as tall or at least half her high.  Who needs a raincoat when you've got DJ wig:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

1 hour ago, orenji_neko said:

Gun Gun has higher IQ than his mother. Qing Qiu clan would be proud of him :P

Actually GunGun might be has same level IQ as his father or even higher than DH himself.

Mini special edition "Ideal Father" give us a hint that GunGun extremely bright and also matured. For a child a toddler 197yrs old he sure acted and thinks as a par as a young adults.

He asked DH  "can you wake/get up on time?  you don't kick a quilt?.

When DH answered him " of course" 

Gun Gun need more assurance "Of course you can get up on time and of course you don't kick a quilt?"  in a modern day GunGun can make a great lawyer.

DH answered gave him relieved because I think he doesn't need to taking care of his father like he did with his mother..since his father surely can taking care of himself.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Queen01 said:

He can never be angry at FJ, he's wipped and all of heaven know it:joy:

On a serious note he looked more surprised and impressed than...angry. As the books aficionado have mention it about 200 years of pregnancy (forehead desk).... thanks to this I think we mortals got it easy :joy: (but not really)... and he did made a promise (to her family) her freedom to be and do her own thing (guess he didn't see that biting him in the butt later) :joy:

Its a 3 year pregnancy, Gun Gun was 197 years old when he first met his Dad :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Actually GunGun might be has same level IQ as his father or even higher than DH himself.

Mini special edition "Ideal Father" give us a hint that GunGun extremely bright and also matured. For a child a toddler 197yrs old he sure acted and thinks as a par as a young adults.

He asked DH  "can you wake/get up on time?  you don't kick a quilt?.

When DH answered him " of course" 

Gun Gun need more assurance "Of course you can get up on time and of course you don't kick a quilt?"  in a modern day GunGun can make a great lawyer.

DH answer gave him relieved because I think he doesn't need to taking care of his father like he did with his mother..since his father surely can taking care of himself.

Actually, Gun Gun outwitted him on the “cake” test in the outtake. He said the cakes were salty and not sweet so he would not get a toothache eating them...

He is 197 years old, physical body size that of a 3 year old human boy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Its a 3 year pregnancy, Gun Gun was 197 years old when he first met his Dad :)

THANK for the correction. I love the human encyclopedias that comes with this forum:love:

Question  in BOX

Spoiler

If BQ was a mortal  (in the series her power was sealed  by demon king, dont known the books approach ) so is she mortal or immortal in disguise? 

That being said.  Was the pregnancy (Ali)a mortal time frame or immortal one? Thanks for answer in advance.:heart:

• Like 3

About DH title, Emperor (of Six Realm and Eight Direction) I don't think its something to be inherited. He passed his title to someone else, but I don't think that person inherited that control DH held during his time. They ended up holding just the Heaven Realm. 

Though, rightfully FJ will be DJ's Empress, their children could only be honored as his children. They're probably addressed as Prince/Princess of Qingqui, Son/Daughter of Former Emperor.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

3 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

About DH title, Emperor (of Six Realm and Eight Direction) I don't think its something to be inherited. He passed his title to someone else, but I don't think that person inherited that control DH held during his time. They ended up holding just the Heaven Realm. 

Though, rightfully FJ will be DJ's Empress, their children could only be honored as his children. They're probably addressed as Prince/Princess of Qingqui, Son/Daughter of Former Emperor.

However, Qing Qiu’s title is always open she might decide to retire her Queen title as she has the other title of Di Hou. Bai Qian gave up her Qing Qiu queen title after she assumed the title of Crown Princess as she eventually becomes the Heavenly Queen of 9 Heavens, Tian Hou.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

12 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

THANK for the correction. I love the human encyclopedias that comes with this forum:love:

Question  in BOX

Reveal hidden contents

If BQ was a mortal  (in the series her power was sealed  by demon king, dont known the books approach ) so is she mortal or immortal in disguise? 

That being said.  Was the pregnancy (Ali)a mortal time frame or immortal one? Thanks for answer in advance.:heart:

Regarding your hidden question:

Spoiler

I believe her son is true immortal. Though mortal at the time, her soul is and always immortal. Her pregnancy lasted 3 years, no shorter than Gun Gun’s gestation time, so technically I believe he is true immortal child.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Actually, Gun Gun outwitted him on the “cake” test in the outtake. He said the cakes were salty and not sweet so he would not get a toothache eating them...

He is 197 years old, physical body size that of a 3 year old human boy.

Totally forgot that an immortal Child different with us Mortals...actually GunGun is a great great grandfather to us ..a mortal:w00t:

Wondering why GunGun not happy with DH answered about cakes.

"3 pcs for GunGun and 4 pcs for your mother" 

• LOL 7

5 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Totally forgot that an immortal Child different with us Mortals...actually GunGun is a great great grandfather to us ..a mortal:w00t:

Wondering why GunGun not happy with DH answered about cakes.

"3 pcs for GunGun and 4 pcs for your mother" 

He was hoping his Dad will give him 4 pieces. He felt that as a child he should be given more food to be more in line with how we mere mortals treat our children. He had been observing his classmate’s parents in the mortal world :). He is very intelligent and observant.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 2

@Ninky thank you :love:

Spoiler

Not saying it's ok, but I have a deeper understanding of why she bailed and then took the potion (3 years of hormones and neglect oppr BQ:tears:). The drama should of elaborate on that (or maby thay did and I skiped it :blink:). I was faulting her for leaving her son and not going back  Heaven kicking some assets and taking  her child.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

@Ninky thank you :love:

Hide contents

Not saying it's ok, but I have a deeper understanding of why she bailed and then took the potion (3 years of hormones and neglect oppr BQ:tears:). The drama should of elaborate on that (or maby thay did and I skiped it :blink:). I was faulting her for leaving her son and not going back  Heaven kicking some assets and taking  her child.

Also something regarding your hidden quote :

Spoiler

She was very depressed during the last days of her human incarnation, she was blind and felt detached from the world around her and also to her son. She named him 阿离 (Ah Li) which means “to leave”. I don’t blame her for wanting an out. I would have done the same

thing.

But my opinion is Feng Jiu is still stronger emotionally. Despite everything she still kept the baby and raised him. I am not sure I could have done what Feng Jiu did. 

Bai Qian had a different circumstance.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

in response to your hidden stuff :).

Hide contents

All three versions of him, Song Xuan Ren, Shen Ye and himself cannot live without her. Mortal version died of heartbreak, Shadow version completely broke down and ended up in suicide and his original version did no better. 

So well said. But in Dong Hua's case he did honour her decision to leave him. He did not force her to return to him. Only because he was going on a "kamikaze" mission with Miao Luo in it that he wanted to see one last time. It was so heart wrenching that he told Feng Jiu that he was not having an easy time. Feng Jiu knew that there was already sometime off with Dong Hua when he walked it.

True enough he did get his wish of having Feng Jiu with him in the final battle and definitely she was in her protector mode for him. The combination of their blood was the most powerful antidote as it broke the seal, restored Dong Hua's power and cured him of that "Ji Heng" poison as well.

I wander about the scene where Xiao Yan commented that his friend, Feng Jiu is the most powerful because she is the only red nine tailed fox and Xie Gu Chou called him stupid. Was it an indication that the one beside him will be the most powerful being the child of Dong Hua and Feng Jiu? A silver nine tailed fox.

I read it was said that Bai Gun Gun may have his hair colour but he had Feng Jiu's features. So like Dong Hua who stop any male species from looking at his wife but soften once Bai Gun Gun told him that he is Feng Jiu's son. Obviously, the math adds up.

• Like 10