[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

@ces8 haha. Before FJ, he just never met a girl worth his time and energy. After FJ, he is definitely making up lost time! 

DH is indeed beautifully flawed. He is like many chinese main male leads, who tries to solve everything on his own and does not communicate with others. But his shameless behaviour and sharp comments are at god level. I do like how he adapts quickly and have the skills of a natural player! 

It certainly helps that Vengo is gorgeous to look at.

Yeah you are right Vengo embodies Donghua perfectly...:wub:

• Like 8

Poor Shenye. How I wish he would keep on living after he found out the truth but he is DH's shadow after all. He won't have the will to live anymore after he lost Aranya forever. I can see they cut some scenes after he drowned himself. Bad editing imo. And I'm expecting more bad editing in the next few episodes. 

I like how XY getting smarter lately :lol: When FJ asked if she should comfort poor MS he answered if she does MS will have more than a broken heart. He said this while glancing at DH. I wonder if XY knows he's on DH's hitlist :lol:

DH is really possessive. When MS asked to have a private conversation with FJ he only moved a few steps away from her. I thought that was a really awkward moment -_-

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

5 minutes ago, ces8 said:

Yeah you are right Vengo embodies Donghua perfectly...:wub:

From the translation of the BTS of Vengo description of DJ of all the characters he portrays and all their link back to DJ. It shows he knows the essence of his character/s I was very impressed 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

From the translation of the BTS of Vengo description of DJ of all the characters he portrays and all their link back to DJ. It shows he knows the essence of his character/s I was very impressed 

Signs of an actor who's serious with his craft, and is willing to be taught on improving his acting. He studied his characters and thus he executed the roles well.

• Like 9

Why I was confused with the ending choices by the editing/director/scriptwriter teams, even had I not read the novels, I would still be confused with their choices.

Spoiler

They did such a good job building up tension and sorrow for the final fight, the heartbreak was all there. Regardless of the choppy editing, every happy scene was marred with the knowledge that DH was waning. He was not well, even without LS mentioning it every time DH used his powers, the audience was able to see it in the mannerisms and the makeup. Even DH's internal monologues gave the sense that he knew something huge and probably his own ending was drawing nearer.

Then baaaaammm we are hit with their near death, the surprise plot twist of their combined blood. Beyond ecstatic, as I thought that it was much more organic to have FJ+DH combined be the reason why they were able to get out alive. Cause and effect, DH nourishing FJ with his blood literally ended up saving both their lives. (A+ for foreshadowing with FJ pretending to lick her lips and coveting his blood earlier) It solidified the "screw fate", and they won over fate, they forged their own way and it benefitted not only themselves, but the good of all. YAY!

But then we jump to XY and JH? I feel like had they resolved these two prior to the epic battle, it would not have bothered me as much. The bird clan at least made sense to be resolved after the battle.

Then we get DH and BGG and DongFeng Avengers for comedic relief, which helped bring us back a little from all the heartache and tension from 8 episodes. BUT, not only was the family scene too short....... they (DH+FJ) had no speaking parts! Obviously the last tidbit was all voice actors... but with how much FJ enjoys talking, why did she not even get to laugh like DH got to? So confused as to why the last tidbit couldn't be them saying it to each other, face to face. It would have been cute to have them holding hands looking at each other confirming their love and BGG running in between them staking his claim on both of them. Like that beautiful still of their family!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Why I was confused with the ending choices by the editing/director/scriptwriter teams, even had I not read the novels, I would still be confused with their choices.

Reveal hidden contents

They did such a good job building up tension and sorrow for the final fight, the heartbreak was all there. Regardless of the choppy editing, every happy scene was marred with the knowledge that DH was waning. He was not well, even without LS mentioning it every time DH used his powers, the audience was able to see it in the mannerisms and the makeup. Even DH's internal monologues gave the sense that he knew something huge and probably his own ending was drawing nearer.

Then baaaaammm we are hit with their near death, the surprise plot twist of their combined blood. Beyond ecstatic, as I thought that it was much more organic to have FJ+DH combined be the reason why they were able to get out alive. Cause and effect, DH nourishing FJ with his blood literally ended up saving both their lives. (A+ for foreshadowing with FJ pretending to lick her lips and coveting his blood earlier) It solidified the "screw fate", and they won over fate, they forged their own way and it benefitted not only themselves, but the good of all. YAY!

But then we jump to XY and JH? I feel like had they resolved these two prior to the epic battle, it would not have bothered me as much. The bird clan at least made sense to be resolved after the battle.

Then we get DH and BGG and DongFeng Avengers for comedic relief, which helped bring us back a little from all the heartache and tension from 8 episodes. BUT, not only was the family scene too short....... they (DH+FJ) had no speaking parts! Obviously the last tidbit was all voice actors... but with how much FJ enjoys talking, why did she not even get to laugh like DH got to? So confused as to why the last tidbit couldn't be them saying it to each other, face to face. It would have been cute to have them holding hands looking at each other confirming their love and BGG running in between them staking his claim on both of them. Like that beautiful still of their family!

Exactly my sentiments after I've seen the raws days ago. How bad editing almost ruined the beautiful story telling.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

Thanks ladies for the translation! And we all know another reason DH want to make a 200 days wedding celebration is so they could have wedding nights for 200 nights in row.. *wink wink* :P

Im not sure Xiao Jiu can handle that. 200 Days!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

3 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Im not sure Xiao Jiu can handle that. 200 Days!

Haha.. 200 days!!! Oh my goodness!

DJ has so much energy to spend on her, after all, it’s been building up in him. 
So many position to try on! :naughty:

• Naughty 2
  • LOL 6

Ladies, ladies. Do calm down. Your imagination is running wilder than DH's fairy essence can sustain. Give the old man a break sometimes too. He is good with using his physical strength in battles but please do exercise constrain when it comes to using strength for other activities. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 18

5 minutes ago, ipohtown said:

Haha.. 200 days!!! Oh my goodness!

DJ has so much energy to spend on her, after all, it’s been building up in him. 
So many position to try on! :naughty:

The time for reading has come to an end.:innocent:

The time for practice is at hand...or should I say bed..... :naughty:...

:joy::joy:

• LOL 8

4 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Ladies, ladies. Do calm down. Your imagination is running wilder than DH's fairy essence can sustain. Give the old man a break sometimes too. He is good with using his physical strength in battles but please do exercise constrain when it comes to using strength for other activities. :lol:

:joy: I think you stole FJ words :joy:

• LOL 8

On 3/13/2020 at 5:08 PM, Donghuadijun said:

It seems huiming realm isn't the only thing that DH need to purify.. :wub:

Four worldly sins that DH had to purified every time Miaoyi chasm happened. 

1) Discontentment

2) Greed

3) Ignorance 

4) Perveted mind

Apparently all us have these Four categories ..here in this forum .. :joy: (don't be mad y'all beautiful ladies :kiss_wink:)

Three worldly sins...OMG..TangQi is a genius writer

• LOL 12

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

But, but, but...there's no much battles to fight now coz XY is now buddies with FJ. What else will he do when he has so much free time?? :joy:

Spoiler

Naughty me. Why am I now thinking of something else when I recall DH telling handkerchief FJ about his legendary sword? :tounge_xd:

• Naughty 4
  • LOL 4

7 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Four worldly sins that DH had to purified every time Miaoyi chasm happened. 

1) Discontentment

2) Greed

3) Anger

4) Perveted mind

Apparently all categories can be found in here in this forum .. :joy: (don't be mad y'all beautiful ladies :kiss_wink:)

Three worldly sins...OMG..TangQi is a genius writer

1, 2, and 3 I think I'll get over, 4 I'm infected and I don't want a cure :naughty:

• LOL 10