[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@LaxClyne IMO they were wise to go for the "implied" route on the coming together of DH and FJ. There would be no doubts on whether it's too much, or one party was taken advantage of.

DH and FJ are gentle to each other. The way they love each other means protecting their better half. But the fire is in the way they look at each other. 

I remember some lyrics of a song by Firehouse that best describes them when they're staring at each other:

Spoiler
I see forever when I look in your eyes
You're all I ever wanted
I always want you to be mine
Let's make a promise till the end of time
We'll always be together
And our love will never die
So here we are face to face
And heart to heart
I want you to know we will
Never be apart
Now I believe that wishes can come true
'Cause I see my whole world
I see only you
When I look into your eyes
I can see how much I love you
And it makes me realize
I see all my dreams come true
I've looked for you all of my life
Now that I've found you
We will never say goodbye
I can't stop this feeling
There's nothing I can do
'Cause I see everything when I look at you
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, LaxClyne said:

Just finished 45-46

"Which part of CY is better than me." - DH :joy: WTF. When did FJ sampled CY goods?!? Damn bet DH performed his best that night. Sad that they didn't showed us atleast 5% of his efforts :triumph::joy:

Does Chinese really have the purple yam cake tradition? If they do, its a lovely consideration of them to include it in the drama. Unlike in the book, we have the actual DH and FJ in the drama, FJ preparing those cakes just signifies that she treasures her experiences (not just that :phew::P) with DH :heart:

I think they made efforts to make the consummation acceptable to conservative views (? I dunno how to say it well). They cleaned up the insinuation of rape, and I think this is the reason they included a proposal scene in the bridge.

Poor purple yam cake I feel like they played bite with it :joy: I love purple yam cake YUM!:yum:

I love everything about these scenes their lovey dovey..naturally sweets although the bath tub guite intimate..just a naughty thoughts when you know two people who's crazily in love with each other..a couple sharing a bath.

i was so mesmerizing Xiao bai look so innocent she does look like a sweet 16 she proudly sweetly smile over DH jealously..

I Love the scenes before the deed tender and sweets, the little kiss before consummate and also the morning after..

Xiao Bai secretly touch DH's lip, ear and his eyelashes when she thoughts DH still sleeping..

Yam cake..oh my..sickeningly sweets when DH gestures Xiao bai to share a bite..

I'm feel giddy while watching those scene..:love:

• Like 4
  • Love 5

I think that they should do a modern take on this series with the same cast.  It is much cheaper than costume drama and may get more viewers. I think that the government also wants more modern dramas to showcase China's great technological advancements to the world.

• Awesome 5

At last finished the remaining eps on raw.  The editing as some of you have mentioned, needed more work - it was coherent but only just.  Too much jumping in and out and in one episode, the alternating between ML and her scheming and DH/FJ's couple time became quite stale and overused.  I did like how the story unfolded and now that I have watched the entire thing instead of just skimming through Ep56, the story makes better sense (to me at least).  And I cried buckets in the last 3 episodes oops - soaked the tissues through. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

I really like how FJ addressed DH as Dong Hua and not Dijun when they were in the formation.  Like what some here have said, it gives a nice sense of her stepping up, saying I am here as your equal.  And without her blood, DH didn't stand a chance with his diminished ability so it was true.

I don't know YQT stopped FJ from going into the formation - nothing in the episode suggests that he knows what the past is.  His attempt to get answers from Xie Guchou didn't work and he didn't get anything out of FJ either.

Chong Lin's outburst was strange to watch.  Missed Su Moye - they could have included him in the Avengers team lol.

Really sad about the decimation of the Biyiniao tribe but glad Junuo redeemed herself from the character portrayed in the Dream world.  Does anyone know who Jie Lu ends up with?  It was alluded in one of the episodes that Mengshao seemed to know she liked someone - the one when he was packing up the classroom and saying he would like to see Jie Lu grow up and get married.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I feels sad for Chen Ye..

I feels bad for DH when he saw ChenYe hug Xiao bai...he look so dejected.

It was so hard to watch Chen Ye. The poor guy. He suffered so much. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Jiheng is hopeless and desperate. That's why she bounced so fast from MS to DH and then XY, she's a type of girl who is afraid being alone I guess. So as long as someone being nice to her, she would take it right away even that means being someone else's side chick. Ugh :wacko:

As for the ending, I am disappointed more than being satiesfied. I was expecting that the drama would show us a bit more of their family time. I didn't even see any boat scene! I wanna know how BGG react when DH said he is his father, or how DH make time for the time they have lost..and it would even better with FJ expecting their second child :D and how DH would tend to pregnant FJ for example like caressing her belly and being protective!  even YH and BQ get to share the news of expecting Ah Li :( but no, it didn't happen.. :( well it is just my hopeless wish anyway . I do also think there is so many unnecessary scenes. Especially the ones with Nie Chu Yin or the demon realms and even LianSong's father. I don't understand why he need to appear at all in the drama, he never have any use or important things both in the previous drama and now and he is really annoy me even he did nothing lol just seeing his face on my screen made me mad :sweatingbullets:. And I am also surprised that MengShao died or I think he died by Miao Luo? I don't recall that in the book.. So it is kinda sad. I don't know if FJ know about it because she seemed to be busy with her Bincang ceremony. 

As for DH, why he get weaker? Is it because he feed FJ his blood in Aranya dream? And from you guys posts above, DH acts like he gonna leave soon, does it mean DH would spend couple of hundred years only with FJ after the end? :tears:, in TMOPB, when FJ thought DH would soon having calamity, SM told her that perhaps DH would live even longer than her. I really wish DH and FJ would spend hundred thousands years together and watching their children grow up and DH be there to protect the family. 

As for Vengo, I always think he is a good actor but some people thought he lacked some skills. However I don't watch many dramas by him but only three. TMOPB, ELOD and something with Tomb, I didn't finish it because it was not Dilreba as his love interest, but all I can say based on those dramas above, he did a good job. Portraying Donghua is very difficult as you have to be emotionless, heartless and desireless and as human, it is difficult to portray this kind of character because we don't know exactly how it feel or how we should  act to be no emotion, no desire and heartless so it is only natural if Vengo can't catch it 100%, but so far he is good, I mean look at him when he was Song Xuan Ren, and Chen Ye..I cried a river :tears:, even his portrayal as Emperor in TMOPB brought so much emotion in me. So only this particular DH that difficult to be portrayed. I don't even think there would be any other actors play DH half as good as him so yeah TangQi created DH for Vengo :D

I also wondering why Vengo name Vengo. It's not a common name.. Vengo also means I am coming in Spanish.. So it is interesting.

I would also love to watch DH and FJ in modern life as DH and FJ. Immortals should follow the trend and tech as the world modernized. Imagine Vengo with bleached hair and FJ pursued by young KPOP looking men.. Or when FJ fangirling over boybands or singers... How DH would react that his wife who was supposed to looking at him only also got brainwashed by the entertainment industry just like all of us.. One thing for sure, it would be weird seeing him holding Chang He sword in fitted shirt and jeans and I am wondering what kind of cellphone DH gonna use.. And to call who? :P

Also, someone should write fanfics about Dongfeng married life! I think we need more :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Donghuadijun said:

Jiheng is hopeless and desperate. That's why she bounced so fast from MS to DH and then XY, she's a type of girl who is afraid being alone I guess. So as long as someone being nice to her, she would take it right away even that means being someone else's side chick. Ugh :wacko:

As for the ending, I am disappointed more than being satiesfied. I was expecting that the drama would show us a bit more of their family time. I didn't even see any boat scene! I wanna know how BGG react when DH said he is his father, or how DH make time for the time they have lost..and it would even better with FJ expecting their second child :D and how DH would tend to pregnant FJ for example like caressing her belly and being protective!  even YH and BQ get to share the news of expecting Ah Li :( but no, it didn't happen.. :( well it is just my hopeless wish anyway . I do also think there is so many unnecessary scenes. Especially the ones with Nie Chu Yin or the demon realms and even LianSong's father. I don't understand why he need to appear at all in the drama, he never have any use or important things both in the previous drama and now and he is really annoy me even he did nothing lol just seeing his face on my screen made me mad :sweatingbullets:. And I am also surprised that MengShao died or I think he died by Miao Luo? I don't recall that in the book.. So it is kinda sad. I don't know if FJ know about it because she seemed to be busy with her Bincang ceremony. 

As for DH, why he get weaker? Is it because he feed FJ his blood in Aranya dream? And from you guys posts above, DH acts like he gonna leave soon, does it mean DH would spend couple of hundred years only with FJ after the end? :tears:, in TMOPB, when FJ thought DH would soon having calamity, SM told her that perhaps DH would live even longer than her. I really wish DH and FJ would spend hundred thousands years together and watching their children grow up and DH be there to protect the family. 

As for Vengo, I always think he is a good actor but some people thought he lacked some skills. However I don't watch many dramas by him but only three. TMOPB, ELOD and something with Tomb, I didn't finish it because it was not Dilreba as his love interest, but all I can say based on those dramas above, he did a good job. Portraying Donghua is very difficult as you have to be emotionless, heartless and desireless and as human, it is difficult to portray this kind of character because we don't know exactly how it feel or how we should  act to be no emotion, no desire and heartless so it is only natural if Vengo can't catch it 100%, but so far he is good, I mean look at him when he was Song Xuan Ren, and Chen Ye..I cried a river :tears:, even his portrayal as Emperor in TMOPB brought so much emotion in me. So only this particular DH that difficult to be portrayed. I don't even think there would be any other actors play DH half as good as him so yeah TangQi created DH for Vengo :D

I also wondering why Vengo name Vengo. It's not a common name.. Vengo also means I am coming in Spanish.. So it is interesting.

I would also love to watch DH and FJ in modern life as DH and FJ. Immortals should follow the trend and tech as the world modernized. Imagine Vengo with bleached hair and FJ pursued by young KPOP looking men.. Or when FJ fangirling over boybands or singers... How DH would react that his wife who was supposed to looking at him only also got brainwashed by the entertainment industry just like all of us.. One thing for sure, it would be weird seeing him holding Chang He sword in fitted shirt and jeans and I am wondering what kind of cellphone DH gonna use.. And to call who? :P

Also, someone should write fanfics about Dongfeng married life! I think we need more :lol:

I think that for a modern drama, they can focus on the PR, fashion, or entertainment industry.  So that should be easy to shoot. Vengo can be CEO and Reba is an up and coming model or something. Instead of a sword, he can use the law or technology (drone, robot).  Else, we can make it an avatar in a video game.

What about a modern story on the video game base on The Eternal Love series. I think that if we fans want more, the power that be and creative geniuses behind The Eternal Love series like Tong Qi can make it happen.

• Like 3

So, I finally was able to complete this drama after watching it with vietsubs.The last two eps were heart wrenching. I probably cried the most there than anywhere else in the drama. I felt Vengo 's best acting was during ep 55 & 56. I'm so glad his and Reba's acting is improving.

Although, they didn't have many passionate kisses. I will be happy with all the kisses they did give us. I mean there are some entire dramas that only give one peck on the lips (with the leads looking shocked and frozen in place).

It's sad that they rushed the ending and the editing was kinda choppy ...... sighs :tears:. I was very disappointed when they didn't have DJ say "I've never feared Destiny and I certainly don't need its charity." And because they left out the family boat scene. Grrrrrr!!! I was looking forward to seeing those two scenes.

Overall I loved this drama .The cast, music and CGI was amazing. Thought it was better than TMOPB (fans please dont hate me). I loved the fact they were able to follow the book pretty closely. So I will overlook a few great scenes in the book they didn't include. I'm sure they tried their best since their drama had to be cut by 4 eps.

Last but not least. It was great being here with you all. I'm so happy that I was able to watch this with everyone in this group. You made this drama a better experience for me. I had so much fun reading your comments, pix and vids. Made me happy that everyone here really love and supported this drama.

From this moment on until forever. There will never be another DH & FJ for me. I hope everyone will continue to love and support Vengo & Reba. Take care everyone. Hopefully, we will meet again on another thread. Sorry for the TLDR post. :wub:

PS

Very grateful for VIP & VVIP on Wetv if not for them I wouldn't be able to watch this drama sooner. Thank you. :heart:

• Like 12

hi i was watching the raw episodes

so after dh didnt show up at hte wedding

fj went to the mortal realm to have her baby and then it cut to her having a kid and seeing dh again

did dh ever go back and look for her after he talk to jh? 

the editing was weird

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyang923 said:

hi i was watching the raw episodes

so after dh didnt show up at hte wedding

fj went to the mortal realm to have her baby and then it cut to her having a kid and seeing dh again

did dh ever go back and look for her after he talk to jh? 

the editing was weird

They cut a lot of stuff out and edited haphazardly.

• Like 3