[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

41 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Tried watching AOL couldn't get past even 10 minutes don't know why:rolleyes:

It also happened to me, then after months of contemplating I finally gave it a 2nd try and its just the first episode that's somehow annoying with the backstory and all but after episode 1 I was immersed in it. Maybe give it a 2nd chance and power through episode 1 you might find you love it too. For me it's in my top 5 now.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just finished watching ep36 via WeTv vip and skimmed through some of the previews and couldn’t helped myself and saw some not so good quality raw on YouTube. 
I am alittle confuse but I think I am following ... 

so let me get this straight... pls help to see whether I got this right. 

FJ woke up as Aranya and she couldn’t remember anything accept she knew she is living someone’s body. Correct? 

Then she met her master Su Mo Ye (second prince of West Sea) who was sent into the dream by Lian Song? Su Mo Ye knows they whole story and he knew the real Aranya but don’t know why she died and now he entered the dream to trace what happened, correct? 

Ok now Vengo... in the Aranya’s dream, he used Xi Zi’s body but kept DJ’s face? Aranya was engaged to XiZe? But Aranya (FJ) didn’t recognise or couldn’t remember DJ? 

Chen Ye who was the little boy who saved and took care of Aranya? Played by Vengo too? 

omg... then FJ remember DJ and found out that DJ was using XZ’s name in the dream? Correct? 

so when DJ entered Aranya’s dream

together with FJ, DJ didn’t know whose body FJ will be using hence he was looking for her calling out 小白 (xiao bai) ? So in the dream Aranya’s face was the same as FJ? 

I am alittle confuse but I think I am following 

thanks for your help 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elsanna said:

Tried watching AOL couldn't get past even 10 minutes don't know why:rolleyes:

I think it's because of personality attraction :) 

I read the novel and was also awaiting the drama to air. Then I dropped that because of the actress. I don't anti her or so but I don´t know why I cannot stand her after I got stuck with Riba :) 

Fans of AOL, please don¨t get offended by my comment. As I said, it's all about personality attraction. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, sssf said:

Just finished watching ep36 via WeTv vip and skimmed through some of the previews and couldn’t helped myself and saw some not so good quality raw on YouTube. 

FJ woke up as Aranya and she couldn’t remember anything accept she knew she is living someone’s body. Correct? 

Then she met her master Su Mo Ye (second prince of West Sea) who was sent into the dream by Lian Song? Su Mo Ye knows they whole story and he knew the real Aranya but don’t know why she died and now he entered the dream to trace what happened, correct? 

Ok now Vengo... in the Aranya’s dream, he used Xi Zi’s body but kept DJ’s face? Aranya was engaged to XiZe? But Aranya (FJ) didn’t recognise or couldn’t remember DJ? 

Chen Ye who was the little boy who saved and took care of Aranya? Played by Vengo too? 

omg... then FJ remember DJ and found out that DJ was using XZ’s name in the dream? Correct? 

together with FJ, DJ didn’t know whose body FJ will be using hence he was looking for her calling out 小白 (xiao bai) ? So in the dream Aranya’s face was the same as FJ? 

thanks for your help 

Yes you got it all right and you said you were confused. :relaxed:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sssf said:

- DJ did not used XiZi's body. DJ just replaced himself with Xizi's identity. In the book the real Xizi is frozen by DJ in a cave hiding him away  :) In the movie DJ also made the real Xizi disappeared into nowhere and remake people in whole Alanrou world  to  memorize DJ himself as Xizi. He is still highly and shameless DJ in Alanrou. 

I like this change because in the book, FJ got herself moving on with Xizi (she believe Xizi is Xizi, who has the same kind of personality as DJ). 

- Yes. Our Vengo DJ play multiple rolls in this drama. Poor Vengo. Since Chen Ye is DJ's shadow then it's reasonable to be alike then.  

- When FJ got back to her body and she did remember DJ and DJ told her that they are now in Alanrou dream and have taken Alanrou and Xizi identities. The situation is complicated so to get out of the dream they need to continue playing to be Alanrou and Xizi well. And the good thing is Alanrou and Xizi is wife and husband. This part in the film was different from the book. In the book only DJ knows FJ while FJ doesn't know DJ is Xizi, she believe she is with Xizi who reminds her alot of DJ :) 

-Alanrou is FJ's shadow. In the dream world there has exiting an Alanrou (because Chen Je's made this dream to collect the real Alanrou's spirit) When the real FJ entered the dream, her body was weak so DJ put her body inside a coffin. He aimed to  using Juno's pregnancy to care for FJ's spirit but what he didnt know was that FJ became one with Alanrou's body instead. So at the party, when FJ was approaching and her vibe made DJ suspiciously feel she isnear by.  That's why he followed that woman and called out "Xiao bai?".  Then the day FJ came to have breakfast with the sisters and when she entered DJ frankly stared at FJ. He was 99% sure FJ has taken Alanrou's body by then. But then FJ did not remember DJ because of her lost memory.  

thanks for your help 

I hope my reply helps :) 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

8 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

Out of the three lives, Chen Ye - Aranya is the most heartbreaking story for me. They deserve another chance for a happy ending. To be honest, I don't even feel sad for Song Xuanren because his misfortune was done on purpose. But Chen Ye, he didn't even get to tell Aranya that he love her. :tears:

You touched on the turning point between DH and FJ's destiny. According to the novel (and also mentioned several times in the show), DH and FJ originally never had the fate to be together - hence why DH never noticed her when she was in Tai Chen palace or whatever. But because their shadows, Shen Ye and Aranya had such a heartbreaking, "unfinished" fate - it caused this destiny to stretch to DH and FJ. In other words, it's exactly because of their incomplete fate that DH and FJ get a chance. So I'd say it's sad... but necessary. 

I remember from one of the trailers, they put the words, "The destiny between them in the past, was merely that she once liked him so much". 

48 minutes ago, sssf said:

Sorry I'm cutting your post but just to respond:

You're right about the first point. According to the drama, she doesn't have memories of herself (FJ) or the body she's in (Aranya). Which leads to the second point - Actually Aranya is married to Xi Ze, not just engaged. But they're an estranged couple who only got married because of the king's wish to have his position strengthened through Xi Ze's identity. Since FJ's not Aranya, she doesn't know anything about her and that's why she doesn't know who Xi Ze is or what he looks like. But there's also added layers as to why she doesn't recognise/ remember DJ. She also doesn't seem to have memories as FJ - although she dimly recalls someone in white hair and purple robes. On top of all these - when DJ took over Xi Ze's body, he wanted to keep his own face and used a sort of spell over the whole world of Aranya's dream so that everyone in the dream would not question his appearance but accept him as Xi Ze. Su Mo Ye could recognise him because I think he entered Aranya's dream AFTER the moment DJ cast the spell, which means he wasn't affected. 

And yes, Shen Ye is the little boy who took care of Aranya. He's played by two versions of Vengo, in fact :sweatingbullets: 

I haven't watched till the part where FJ remembers DJ so I don't know about this point haha. 

Indeed, DJ didn't know where FJ's soul would go. He was expecting it to be into a baby in a womb, which was why he thought it might be in Junuo since she's pregnant. 

Aranya is also FJ's shadow, just as Shen Ye is Dijun's shadow, so Aranya's face was always going to be the same as FJ. 

----------------

I forgot to talk about another thing the drama changed - YCW let the Demon Clan know about DH going into Aranya's dream, which gets reported to Miao Luo through the snitch Nie Chuyin. That's gonna bring about the big fight earlier, isn't it?! I was like, "Grrr YCW being an idiot again" but at the same time curious as to where it would lead.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sssf said:

thanks for your help 

DH replaces Xize completely. He is usimg

his own body and uses magic to

make other people

RecogniE  him as Xize

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, angelflower said:

You touched on the turning point between DH and FJ's destiny. According to the novel (and also mentioned several times in the show), DH and FJ originally never had the fate to be together - hence why DH never noticed her when she was in Tai Chen palace or whatever. But because their shadows, Shen Ye and Aranya had such a heartbreaking, "unfinished" fate - it caused this destiny to stretch to DH and FJ. In other words, it's exactly because of their incomplete fate that DH and FJ get a chance. So I'd say it's sad... but necessary. 

I remember from one of the trailers, they put the words, "The destiny between them in the past, was merely that she once liked him so much". 

Sorry I'm cutting your post but just to respond:

You're right about the first point. According to the drama, she doesn't have memories of herself (FJ) or the body she's in (Aranya). Which leads to the second point - Actually Aranya is married to Xi Ze, not just engaged. But they're an estranged couple who only got married because of the king's wish to have his position strengthened through Xi Ze's identity. Since FJ's not Aranya, she doesn't know anything about her and that's why she doesn't know who Xi Ze is or what he looks like. But there's also added layers as to why she doesn't recognise/ remember DJ. She also doesn't seem to have memories as FJ - although she dimly recalls someone in white hair and purple robes. On top of all these - when DJ took over Xi Ze's body, he wanted to keep his own face and used a sort of spell over the whole world of Aranya's dream so that everyone in the dream would not question his appearance but accept him as Xi Ze. Su Mo Ye could recognise him because I think he entered Aranya's dream AFTER the moment DJ cast the spell, which means he wasn't affected. 

And yes, Shen Ye is the little boy who took care of Aranya. He's played by two versions of Vengo, in fact :sweatingbullets: 

I haven't watched till the part where FJ remembers DJ so I don't know about this point haha. 

Indeed, DJ didn't know where FJ's soul would go. He was expecting it to be into a baby in a womb, which was why he thought it might be in Junuo since she's pregnant. 

Aranya is also FJ's shadow, just as Shen Ye is Dijun's shadow, so Aranya's face was always going to be the same as FJ. 

----------------

I forgot to talk about another thing the drama changed - YCW let the Demon Clan know about DH going into Aranya's dream, which gets reported to Miao Luo through the snitch Nie Chuyin. That's gonna bring about the big fight earlier, isn't it?! I was like, "Grrr YCW being an idiot again" but at the same time curious as to where it would lead.

Just a little correction.

DJ did not took over Xize's body , DJ used Xixe identity only...there's a scene where DJ freeze Xixe body and vanished/send it somewhere  else and DJ cast a spell..over entire people in Aranya Dream..so DJ still as himself 

And that idiot Yan Chiwu..:angry: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, so I was busy yesterday and today so I am catching up with the episodes now. Dijun said to Fengjiu that they were engaged right? So they changed it from the book where he said they were married? I wonder how they will deal with after Aranya’s arc then when they have to be married for Fengjiu’s Banching ceremony....

• Like 1

actually there's something I'm a bit confused about aranya dream, maybe it's skipped my radar before when reading, in the  book it's said that the real person who entered the dream will automatically replacing their version in the dream. Like recent SuMoye replacing the dream SuMoye. If FJ replacing Aranya because Aranya is her shadow, by this logic, Chenye or Shenye should be automatically replaced by Dijun, because Shenye is his shadow.. any of you kind enough to explain to me the reason?? Is it because aranya dream is shenye's creation so he's not replaced by DJ? 

• Insightful 7

21 minutes ago, memine said:

actually there's something I'm a bit confused about aranya dream, maybe it's skipped my radar before when reading, in the  book it's said that the real person who entered the dream will automatically replacing their version in the dream. Like recent SuMoye replacing the dream SuMoye. If FJ replacing Aranya because Aranya is her shadow, by this logic, Chenye or Shenye should be automatically replaced by Dijun, because Shenye is his shadow.. any of you kind enough to explain to me the reason?? Is it because aranya dream is shenye's creation so he's not replaced by DJ? 

Shenye creates the dream and plays himself in the dream world and is much alive. Everyone else are

not real except FG and DH and SuMoye who enters the dream 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

@memine, I don't recall if this was explained in the book. Maybe they cannot be replaced because Aranya and Chen Ye are not exactly and 100% Feng Jiu and Dijun but just created from their shadows. Aranya is dead already so for me it makes sense that there is no new Aranya, just FJ with memory loss. And Chen Ye can be replaced only by a new Chen Ye, not by Dijun. 

• Like 5

Thanks @jimmylyne for the correction. I read what @Cửu Nhi wrote as well. Seems like I didn't watch that bit carefully haha. 

There is another thing I've been thinking about, and I think this is different from the book... in the drama, when DH asks who is Aranya, the Biyiniao Queen says, "She is my younger sister". Does that mean she's Junuo?? But Junuo became a commoner though... 

Just watched Ep 41. WOW. Quite different from the book with the Miao Luo bits. Very interesting. Have to go to 42 right now! 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, angelflower said:

Thanks @jimmylyne for the correction. I read what @Cửu Nhi wrote as well. Seems like I didn't watch that bit carefully haha. 

There is another thing I've been thinking about, and I think this is different from the book... in the drama, when DH asks who is Aranya, the Biyiniao Queen says, "She is my younger sister". Does that mean she's Junuo?? But Junuo became a commoner though... 

Just watched Ep 41. WOW. Quite different from the book with the Miao Luo bits. Very interesting. Have to go to 42 right now! 

Yeah the Queen is Junuo, maybe because her brothers and sisters all died? She is the only one left...Changi is either dead or crazy, dont care :P 

Ah I forgot, later Lady Qinghua (Junuo and Aranya's mother) will kill the king, blamed it on Aranya and bring back Junuo.

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, angelflower said:

Lol I was wondering the same about the Biyiniao Queen whether it's Junuo. And was comparing the 2 faces whether it's the same person LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 1