[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Wwooooww I didn't read the topic just one dy and I have to catch up with 10 pages :joy:

You guys are awesome! :D

I just finished ep 34 and seeing dong hua jealous is so cute :joy:

And Lian Song seriousness in gossiping is hilarious as hell :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Just finished Ep 35 and my thought was - How many Vengos are there?! LOL.

My thoughts/ discoveries:

- Love how affectionate Dijun is with confused FJ - it was heartbreaking listening to FJ recount her sorrows in Tai Chen Palace, and seeing the realisation on DH's face as he realises how he hurt her unintentionally. 
- Two kiss scenes in this episode :wub: Love how DH takes charge, "You're right. I would initiate it." KYAAAA~~
- So there's a past Shen Ye (Vengo in black hair with topknot in the white and blue robes) and a present Shen Ye (Vengo with a different black hairstyle without the topknot and dark blue robes) in Aranya's dream! What. Talk about confusing lol.
- Xize in Shen Ye's flashback of Aranya's marriage to him is played by a different actor, who is deliberately blurred out - I think because Dijun later assumes his identity.

I'm wondering about after DH places FJ's body in the ice coffin, we get the scene where FJ seemingly falls into an abyss with DH desperately trying to reach her, before she wakes up as Aranya. Is this just a dream? Her soul falling into the body? (Since DH removed her soul to place into a physical body belonging to the dream).

@LaxClyne I had the same thought - I think Princess Jie Lue is going to admire YCW, even if she thinks he's an idiot. I don't remember her character in the book, but I like that there's an alternative possibility for YCW.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, classyviews said:

Yes I am glad they are showing Miaoluo taking action and getting things done by controlling people. 

Personally I am glad Jiheng wont be another Sujin ( i really really hope so). 

Having the Demon King be a reason that causes all the major life death problem works because 

a) That character is given ample screen time, so naturally they wont keep showing her tied up all the time. 

b) this causes some narrative because her threat is real

c) SPOILERS: dont read if you dont want to.. I got this from seeing the Raw eps.

FeingJu is connected to the demon king... So The TV series is taking a lot of liberty with the source material which is good because for non-reader it keeps this linear and adds more tension to the narrative. 

I personally like it too, because as much as I enjoyed some parts of the book this version is better. It makes DJ and FJ's relationship more impactful. 

Yeah I saw the raw too and they give this kind of good Twist to the story to make FJ more connected to the demon King and at the same time as we all saw the opening song that she will use her blood to smear on DH sword will be the ultimate ending/death to demon King. I guessing they making her character more depth and purpose not just being DH lover/wife but also the perfect partner even tho with her lack of cultivation but with this she got the edge in helping DH in vanquishing demon King once and for all. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

I see alot of people confused about how the separation between fengjiu and donghua will play out. They havent changed anything dramatic since fengjiu fell for zize because he was exactly like donghua just less important to the world and 'at least loved her back'. The whole series you can see fengjiu compare her self to ji heng and say shes nothing compared to her in donghuas eyes. So it doesnt matter how many kisses/hugs or sweet words donghua says, in her eyes jiheng is the one donghua picked to be his empress first. So in her eyes now, shes thinking thoughts like ' at least he cares enough about me to save my life/ he loves me for now' I think in her mind shes always keeping her self ready to be abandoned by him when he loses interest in her or decides to go back to ji heng. So that's probably why later on she gives up completely.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

Finished catching up to ep 42. My jaw just dropped!!! It is just too much for my heart to take. The sweetness is killing me!!

Spoiler

DH confessions to FJ in the cave is beautiful. I saw a totally different side of DH there. The dialogues,, ah!! I hope the subs do justice to the spoken words and is able to convey the longing of DH and his insecurities. He is so lost without FJ!! 

He is like a child and FJ's tender care is so soothing. I can see clearly why now why DH finally recicoprate her love and how much he loves her. Brace yourself girls for the super sweet saccharine laden episode!!!

Snippets :

DH : Are you ignoring me now because I didn't kiss you well or because I don't know how to say things that girls like to hear? Please forgive me, I do not have experience in such things. In the future, I will need to learn these from you.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1

39 minutes ago, angelflower said:

Just finished Ep 35 and my thought was - How many Vengos are there?! LOL.

My thoughts/ discoveries:

Hide contents

- Love how affectionate Dijun is with confused FJ - it was heartbreaking listening to FJ recount her sorrows in Tai Chen Palace, and seeing the realisation on DH's face as he realises how he hurt her unintentionally. 
- Two kiss scenes in this episode :wub: Love how DH takes charge, "You're right. I would initiate it." KYAAAA~~
- So there's a past Shen Ye (Vengo in black hair with topknot in the white and blue robes) and a present Shen Ye (Vengo with a different black hairstyle without the topknot and dark blue robes) in Aranya's dream! What. Talk about confusing lol.
- Xize in Shen Ye's flashback of Aranya's marriage to him is played by a different actor, who is deliberately blurred out - I think because Dijun later assumes his identity.

I'm wondering about after DH places FJ's body in the ice coffin, we get the scene where FJ seemingly falls into an abyss with DH desperately trying to reach her, before she wakes up as Aranya. Is this just a dream? Her soul falling into the body? (Since DH removed her soul to place into a physical body belonging to the dream).

@LaxClyne I had the same thought - I think Princess Jie Lue is going to admire YCW, even if she thinks he's an idiot. I don't remember her character in the book, but I like that there's an alternative possibility for YCW.

Poor YCW deserves a better girl. I hope the writer makes him end up with Princess Jie Lue. He's stupid and too hyperactive. Who knows what will happen to him if he were to end up with an evil wifey.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, taekwang said:

In the dreams world, who is this teacher of Aranna, SU mo yan ? He’s a war god? So third prince send him into dream world to aid DIJUN ? Will he be romantically linked with Aranna?

Aranya's teacher is Su moye, the war god that you're probably thinking of is Moyuan, BaiQian's teacher (also Yehua's twin brother). So different people.

Su moye is there  because he wants to find out why Aranya died. He himself only realised he fell for Aranya after her death.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I see alot of people confused about how the separation between fengjiu and donghua will play out. They havent changed anything dramatic since fengjiu fell for zize because he was exactly like donghua just less important to the world and 'at least loved her back'. The whole series you can see fengjiu compare her self to ji heng and say shes nothing compared to her in donghuas eyes. So it doesnt matter how many kisses/hugs or sweet words donghua says, in her eyes jiheng is the one donghua picked to be his empress first. So in her eyes now, shes thinking thoughts like ' at least he cares enough about me to save my life/ he loves me for now' I think in her mind shes always keeping her self ready to be abandoned by him when he loses interest in her or decides to go back to ji heng. So that's probably why later on she gives up completely.

Yeah her insecurity and low self esteem get the best of her but correct me if I'm wrong cus it's been a long time since I read the book but DH is not left blameless in this situation. Remember to make any relationship works they both need to have a good and lay in on the table communication or talk. Trust and assurance goes next. He never explained to her all her doubts about the real relationship between him and JiHeng. Why the reason he have to marry her in the first place, the promise her father make him do and about her staying in Fanyin valley and most important of all is what value of her to him. He just told her I'm not into her cus our age differences and say he like FJ and expected her to take it all in and believe whole heartily without doubts. He knows she is  naive and stubborn but didn't really put all her doubt to rest with him still goes out to JH whenever she call. He got the opportunity when at last FJ saw him after 200 years but still he kept quite .FJ only know the reasons after his on his suicidal act and even then he ask Zong ling not to tell her in order to protect her and not blaming herself in the future. They both have lots of miscommunication but that what the author wants to give us for dramatic purpose I guess. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

1 minute ago, lizzy23 said:

Aranya's teacher is Su moye, the war god that you're probably thinking of is Moyuan, BaiQian's teacher (also Yehua's twin brother). So different people.

Su moye is there  because he wants to find out why Aranya died. He himself only realised he fell for Aranya after her death.

Oh I see

yes his name is Su mo ye

so he love Aranya too 

I am v amused there are so many versions of Vengo in these few episodes 

• LOL 1

I think the show is trying to involve Miaoluo's character as much as possible so that the fight scene at the end of the series between ML, DJ and FJ will be more impactful. Which is good and makes more sense. 

I'm also liking how FJ knows that Xize is DJ in Aranya's dream so we get alot of DongFeng moments. I get the feeling that maybe they won't include the part where DJ alter her memory about Xize, maybe the part where he didn't turn up for the wedding reception to be with Jiheng is enough to cause FJ to get hurt and leave him. They might make that the main reason. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Hide contents

DH confessions to FJ in the cave is beautiful. I saw a totally different side of DH there. The dialogues,, ah!! I hope the subs do justice to the spoken words and is able to convey the longing of DH and his insecurities. He is so lost without FJ!! 

He is like a child and FJ's tender care is so soothing. I can see clearly why now why DH finally recicoprate her love and how much he loves her. Brace yourself girls for the super sweet saccharine laden episode!!!

Snippets :

DH : Are you ignoring me now because I didn't kiss you well or because I don't know how to say things that girls like to hear? Please forgive me, I do not have experience in such things. In the future, I will need to learn these from you.

SlowPaltryBat-size_restricted.gif

DiJun.. i'm soft...

8 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

For the contest prize, did Dijun sneak into the Ten Miles Peach Blossoms for a quick harvest? Cheap Dijun, very cheap :D

And he pay "expensively" bcs of it

• Like 3

@taekwang Su Moye is the West Sea's second prince. He's a friend of Lian Song and his mother is the Snake Queen. In the drama, Lian Song says he thought that if anyone could help with the snakes (that guard the Jieyou Spring), it'd be the Snake Queen (and by extension her son). And then of course also what @lizzy23 said.

Hmmm I'm up to Ep37 now (losing all my sleep, can't stop HELP). I think I like the changes they made as to how DH quickly suspects that FJ's soul might be in Aranya - I always thought it didn't make sense in the book that DH wouldn't know, seeing as how he's so mightily smart. The way he can sense the presence of her soul in the drama now, makes sense to me. Also it's so ROMANTIC :wub: like he would know her no matter where or who she was. The plus would also be that we'd get less misunderstandings involving Junuo. 

I really like the scene where Su Moye and DH met and how they immediately recognised each other, but kept up appearances. And DH so actively looking for and chasing after FJ... :wub: The friendly atmosphere between Su Moye and FJ is quite fun, and so effective to make DH jealous hehe...

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, taekwang said:

Oh I see

yes his name is Su mo ye

so he love Aranya too 

I am v amused there are so many versions of Vengo in these few episodes 

There are three :

Dong Hua Dijun - as himself

Xize - In the actual Aranya timeline, Xize is a separate character. He is Aranya's husband. In Aranya's dream, DH took over Xize's identity and casted a correction spell so he appears to everyone as Xize hinself.

Chen/Shen Ye - DH's shadow in Aranya world. He is real in Aranya's timeline.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Asliza Mohd said:

Yeah her insecurity and low self esteem get the best of her but correct me if I'm wrong cus it's been a long time since I read the book but DH is not left blameless in this situation. Remember to make any relationship works they both need to have a good and lay in on the table communication or talk. Trust and assurance goes next. He never explained to her all her doubts about the real relationship between him and JiHeng. Why the reason he have to marry her in the first place, the promise her father make him do and about her staying in Fanyin valley and most important of all is what value of her to him. He just told her I'm not into her cus our age differences and say he like FJ and expected her to take it all in and believe whole heartily without doubts. He knows she is  naive and stubborn but didn't really put all her doubt to rest with him still goes out to JH whenever she call. He got the opportunity when at last FJ saw him after 200 years but still he kept quite .FJ only know the reasons after his on his suicidal act and even then he ask Zong ling not to tell her in order to protect her and not blaming herself in the future. They both have lots of miscommunication but that what the author wants to give us for dramatic purpose I guess. 

Good points mentioned above however I would add DJ is pretty clueless when it comes to relationship and how to deal with women given he never had any experience. Does that explain why he never explain the whole JiHeng situation with FJ? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

For the contest prize, did Dijun sneak into the Ten Miles Peach Blossoms for a quick harvest? Cheap Dijun, very cheap :D

He asked Lian song to get the peaches from heavenly queen, LS's mother :D

@taekwang

Su moye's brother is the 1st prince from TMOPB that have Mo yuan scattered souls, the one who Bai qian saved with the soul gathering lamp.

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 3