[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Fengjiu talking about the custom of not breathing when kissing and Donghua’s response of the custom meting good and that they should try it is pure gold lmao:joy:

Well, at least in the book the author explained how FJ came up with that excuse. Since she is still a youngling, she has a lot to learn and how to do the deed wasn't in the syllabus yet. Hahaha ... So she cunningly came up with this story of this holding one's breath while kissing as being her clan's custom. Her monologue in the book is hilarious. Kudos to DH for playing along. 

• LOL 6

9 hours ago, Azhire Jeon said:

I suggest you watch it too, it was amazing it had replace TMOPB as best chinese drama I watched.. just for me though ;) it has a very good story too and the chemistry between the main leads are great too ;) Also Zhihe, I mean the actress who acts Zhihe here is the female antagonist on AOL :D still Pillow Book is number 1 for me <3

Thank you 

I did try AOL

gave up after 10 mins.

later I try again.. maybe ffwd and watch the next few scenes, hopefully will generate some interest by then

32 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Well, at least in the book the author explained how FJ came up with that excuse. Since she is still a youngling, she has a lot to learn and how to do the deed wasn't in the syllabus yet. Hahaha ... So she cunningly came up with this story of this holding one's breath while kissing as being her clan's custom. Her monologue in the book is hilarious. Kudos to DH for playing along. 

Yeah, that part of the book was hilarious lol

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, NOUR ly said:

did anyone know,where i can find eng sub for ep 37-42...saw high quality video but without sub,cant understand....very sad.

No subs yet for eps 37 to 42. It was only released to vvip in china, i believe. So even though we are vip for wetv english, we still need to wait for the eng subs next week... 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Her eyes look more luminous?

Aranya would go on war in place of her brother. This would be after their father dies from poisoning courtesy of their mother, Junou inherits the throne, Changdi loses her mind, Aranya is jailed and will be executed. There's a rival tribe that would take advantage of the situation and declares war.

The Queen set up that war. She sent Aranya's brother ( a prince who just popped up this time) to a war he cant handle. She set up Aranya reading ChenYe letters. She wanted these two dead. She wanted Aranya kill her self. Aranya who was heart broken, relented to the queen, but in her own terms. She sacrificed her life to save her brother (and her tribe) and also punishes ChenYe to never see her again in any lifetime :bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Sad 5

Since everyone talks about AOL or other drama.. this is my story.

The first time I read the news about Vengo/ Reba reprise their roles I was "over the moon"

So excited.. despite a lots of speculation about Vengo acting..some said he was so terrible in LOF ( idk bc I did not watched it)

I headed their words well but still not enough to deter me..bc I was so confident about Vengo/Reba partnership.

and I had to restrain myself from watching other c-drama especially the drama  that's contained heavy romance.. because I wanted savings my "fangirling" mode or mood just for Dongfeng..am I silly to feels that way? Who's care..

But I did watched a few an awesome drama.

1)The Untamed

2)Joy of life

3)Slaying Dragon flying sabre( I can't remember the exact title)

4) Fight break sephere 

5) Novaland eagle flag

6) Princess silver

7)Love and Destiny( stop at EP 6.. maybe continue after PB finished)

As for AOL (not a fan of Yang Zi)  but maybe I'll try to watch ..once I get my filled with Dongfeng's sweetness... that's mean.. it's will take a very long time.

Short summary..I'm saving my love for Dongfeng..:blush:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, linh5000 said:

did anybody notice that Reba playing Aranya kinda look different from FJ?  Not just the phoenix mark, but even her make up..like there's a slight difference in the eyes....I can't put my finger on it, but you can just feel it.  Any one??:huh:

Also, what war?? :blink:

Vengo and Reba did great portraying the characters. 

Aranya is very diff from FJ, her lines in book were amazing, someone who is nonchalant but so sincere. She faces her destiny heads up, she has a steel poker face too. 

Reba did great portraying a different aura for Aranya.

I wonder if some notice Aranya is like a nod to FJ in TMOPB, this is her old look but so diff. :heart:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, taekwang said:

Thank you 

I did try AOL

gave up after 10 mins.

later I try again.. maybe ffwd and watch the next few scenes, hopefully will generate some interest by then

i took a different approach to watching - i viewed the later parts first before watching the earlier scenes. It's played by a younger lead actor so if you like a matured hero, DJ is a better bet. But in AOL the story builds and there is character progression for the actress (although someone commented that they can't stand the prolonged conflict of "is this love, is this not love"). For the main protagonist, he goes down a darker path mid-point and in a way is sucked into his own misery or thoughts of betrayal that he doesn't seek to understand why the female protagonist is behaving the way she does....so it's a different tale. I think why AOL and TMOPB were very successful because they captured the male protagonist as someone who is devoted to loving just one person and being willing to do what it takes for the person they love. Maybe not for all women, but I think most of us will fall for that kind of setup. It's highly romanticised (and if you ask my husband, next to impossible to find in a real life man :sweatingbullets:) and maybe that is why it's all the more appealing (at least to the little girl in me who still thinks in terms of the tall, dark, handsome knight in shining armour rescuing the maiden in distress). 

With DJ, it's a mature soul so his character and behavioural tendencies are more stable, just that he learns to love (my point of view anyway).

@katfindlay probably next Thursday when VVIP viewers get to watch the next 6 episodes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

These is my old post on September 8 ,2018 at page 32 

My take on Aranya/ ChenYe story.

Sooo....at the first time I read it(Aranya Dream parts) I kind of..didn't seriously concentrated...but the second and the third times I read it..oh my heart..it's so heartbreakingly sad just like DH/FJ's love story..I realized that.. due to the "Unfinished Fate" between Aranya/ChenYe is the reason DH/FJ can be together. There's a few parts/lines in the book I really love because as simple as it was..but the meaning is deeply touching.

1.People say the most painful thing is a love where you cannot be together in life and cannot meet in death. But that was not it. The worst grief is when you clearly loved her but she never even know to the day she died and you could no longer let her know.

2.That person. You'd never see her again.You could never hear her again.You could never touch her again. She even decidedly gave up on reincarnation.  No matter how many after lives there were no matter who you became, you would never be able to meet her .She was gone, completely and utterly gone.

3. "Look at the love to see the lover". For exp: There was the passionate kind of love, the steady kind love and also the courteous kind of love. There were people loved very MUCH but said very LITTLE .Then there were people love very MUCH and said just as MUCH. One could not say that someone else's feelings weren't love just because his love was different from one's own. 

PS: I really love the Pillow Book novel and admire Tang Qi imaginations and inspirations. It's so amazingly splendidly beautifully written. I might say she is a genius "A True Love Story" writer.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Since everyone talks about AOL or other drama.. this is my story.

The first time I read the news about Vengo/ Reba reprise their roles I was "over the moon"

So excited.. despite a lots of speculation about Vengo acting..some said he was so terrible in LOF ( idk bc I did not watched it)

I headed their words well but still not enough to deter me..bc I was so confident about Vengo/Reba partnership.

and I had to restrain myself from watching other c-drama especially the drama  that's contained heavy romance.. because I wanted savings my "fangirling" mode or mood just for Dongfeng..am I silly to feels that way? Who's care..

But I did watched a few an awesome drama.

1)The Untamed

2)Joy of life

3)Slaying Dragon flying sabre( I can't remember the exact title)

4) Fight break sephere 

5) Novaland eagle flag

6) Princess silver

7)Love and Destiny( stop at EP 6.. maybe continue after PB finished)

As for AOL (not a fan of Yang Zi)  but maybe I'll try to watch ..once I get my filled with Dongfeng's sweetness... that's mean.. it's will take a very long time.

Short summary..I'm saving my love for Dongfeng..:blush:

I watched Princess Agents, TMOPB and Ashes of Love. But my love for DongFeng did not waver. It just keeping getting stronger :heart::heart::heart:

I think the problem with Vengo in LOF is that the character doesnt suit him. I saw some of his clip and yeah not for him.

Edited by LaxClyne
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, Dao Tran said:

Has the rate on Douban website  went up or it still at 5/6?

Douban rating is at 5.7

I don't pay much attention to ratings on that site. The ratings are dragged down mostly by Reba antis. They nitpick on her looks and gave low stars just based on that. Meh.

AOL is good but kinda draggy, to many fillers for supporting characters that I don't and can't care/relate at all. The best thing about AOL is Leo Yunxi in my opinion, his character is really complex and pitiful, Leo's acting is really good too :thumbsup:

New BTS

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/125812230.html?weibo_id=4475101405357858

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

@jimmylyne (a bit oot) I feel you, then again, in the end it all come to one preference, i like aol, just like.. but not as much as i love the eternal love series. Or people keep recommending, say i should watch the untamed, but i can't even start bcs not really into BL story. It's okay not liking other people's fave though, as long as not thrashing and badmouthing and respect other's opinion. And vice versa, we also respect and understand if other don't like or love something we like/love.

Read on weibo, some account disliking/hate Dijun's action giving pimpon fruit to Jiheng and DH is not worthy to be with FJ, FJ sacrifices a lot for him already and will still hurt the most in the end... your opinion ladies? 

A little special feast to YQT's fangirls here

ykc3S9s.jpg

Don't click open this spoiler

Spoiler

Didn't I told you not to... well here's for you

F59csSh.jpg

:kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

I watched Princess Agents, TMOPB and Ashes of Love. But my love for DongFeng did not waver. It just keeping getting stronger :heart::heart::heart:

I think the problem with Vengo in LOF is that the character doesnt suit him. I saw some of his clip and yeah not for him.

Or can I say ...maybe it's depends on the directors ...directing guidelines..:lol:

• LOL 3

8 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

AOL is good but kinda draggy, to many fillers for supporting characters that I don't and can't care/relate at all. The best thing about AOL is Leo Yunxi in my opinion, his character is really complex and pitiful, Leo's acting is really good too :thumbsup:

New BTS

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/125812230.html?weibo_id=4475101405357858

I don't know why but when I see Chen/Shen Ye's styling, it reminded me so much of Count Dracula. I just can't *unsee* it. Ugh!!!

• LOL 5