[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

@bluehibiscus Thank you for the gif!! Those previews just proven my theory in my previous post that even though Zhao Yao is the one sit on the throne right now, in the end everyone will still defer to Li Chen Lan to deal with formal matters. And Jiang Wu holds an empty title actually.

Original Wan Lu Men disciples would never go to Jiang Wu for anything when they have Zhao Yao and Li Chen Lan around. And I believe they will prefer to seek out Li Chen Lan to sort the problem because:

1. Both of them more or less married (even though not yet formalize, the intention is there already), and Zhao Yao has proclaimed before that she supported Li Chen Lan as sect leader.

2. Even though Zhao Yao is the founder, the one that nurtures Wan Lu Men until it becomes like it is today is Li Chen Lan. The food is plentiful, life is good. What is there to dislike? (people like previous North Mountain Lord is exception and I am pretty sure only consist of small number). So every sect business related with people welfare will go to Li Chen Lan table.

The disciples that come with Jiang Wu will perhaps seek him for solving their problem. But just what kind of problem will they have in Wan Lu Men anyway? If the problem related with food, shelter or the like, pretty sure Jiang Wu will just tell them to seek out Li Chen Lan.

So in the end, just as Zhao Yao has said, Li Chen Lan is the one holding real power of the sect.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @DontEatMyKimchi for posting that gif of Mo Qing buying 10 Kong Kong Pills. My theory is he’s buying them for Luo Mingxuan to make him explode (maybe he doesn’t know they don’t work unless you have a family connection somehow or he found a loophole)

Looks like Luo Mingxuan will turn demonic too (that dark eye liner pic) because he practiced Gu Han Guang’s martial brothers Sect Leader Jiang’s forbidden family manuel.

11 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Thanks @DontEatMyKimchi for posting that gif of Mo Qing buying 10 Kong Kong Pills. My theory is he’s buying them for Luo Mingxuan to make him explode (maybe he doesn’t know they don’t work unless you have a family connection somehow or he found a loophole)

Looks like Luo Mingxuan will turn demonic too (that dark eye liner pic) because he practiced Gu Han Guang’s martial brothers Sect Leader Jiang’s forbidden family manuel.

I have bad feeling that Li Chen Lan intends to use those pills for himself :cry:

By the way, I think I can be more understanding on why @DontEatMyKimchi said that Zhao Yao has lost personality in this later half of the drama. The novel translation in youtube has reached the last arc so I can see why you get annoyed (reading more humanly translation does me a whole good in making me more understand of the storytelling).

Instead of calling Zhao Yao lost personality, perhaps it is better to say that the drama tone down Zhao Yao pervertness by ... I say 90%:sweat_smile:?! I say she is still fiery as ever (soften only in front of Li Chen Lan) in front of people she dislike. But her straightforwardness that was manifested as a number of her stratagem in killing Li Chen Lan in the beginning failed to be transferred in the later half of the drama as how passionate she is toward Li Chen Lan.

Here is my list (of what I can remember) that shows how pervert Zhao Yao regarding Li Chen Lan after she realized her love toward him:

1. In Yuan Jie coup, Zhao Yao thinking on how to reconcile the matter is: hug and kiss Li Chen Lan in public then announce that the two sect leader are getting married.

2. Zhao Yao indeed does the point no.1. In the novel, she is the one who grab Li Chen Lan and pull him for a hug and kiss (no marriage announcement though). She is actually thinking to go to the "next step" after that kiss but quickly realize that lots of people are watching them and they have situation to handle.

3. After Li Chen Lan orders the whole Wan Lu Men to burn paper for Zhao Yao (in order to resolve her marriage debt in Ghost town), the first thing Zhao Yao wish to use her money for is: go to the dream shop (the shop where she watches her memory) and repeat - rewind of her scandalous moment with Li Chen Lan to see what she did wrong at that deed so she can re-do it better next time.

4. In the novel even though Zhao Yao already got her body, she cannot stay in it for long. She depends on drinking Qin family blood to make her able to control her body. Her thought on that: does Zhi Yan need to wait behind the bedroom door when she and Mo Qing do the deed? And she will have to drink blood on the middle of the deed when she is unable to go through.

Zhao Yao is so mortified on the thought

5. In one time when Zhao Yao is in control of her body, she throws Li Chen Lan to bed, start kissing him and in the middle of stripping him when Sima Rong wood puppet untimely interrupted them (Zhao Yao doesn't even wait until they get married)

There are others scene that will tell you the same thing: Zhao Yao is crazily in love. And she likes to get physical touchy with Li Chen Lan (I don't know a better word to express this .....)

The drama strips a huge chunk of this. So in the end it will looks like Zhao Yao personality is watered down.

Spoiler

I am not sure if I can take that the drama will kill Gu Han Guang. I really like his character. I think we will have more than enough angst with Li Chen Lan demonic arc. No need for more. What was the writer thinking???

Mar 23

Proposal Part 3 BTS

copy above link into Converter #1 // HD Converter #2 (works with krcom) -

-> dont 'save as', just click on the link if dont want to download

PREVIOUS BTS

Spoiler

(pretty sure they are uploaded on youtube playlist by now --> filter search for "独家花絮" BTS. or watever lang it is for you)

NOT LISTED IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER, I might be missing a couple.

WEIBO LINK   KRCOM LINK

BILIBILI LINK    YOUTUBE LINK

DIRECT VIDEO LINK (DOES NOT WORK WITH THE CONVERTERS.. COPY THE WEIBO URL AFTER CLICKING IN).

Compiled BTS (10mins) Bilibili link

1. BTS #0
  2. BTS #1
  3. BTS #2
  4. BTS #3
  5. BTS #4
  6. BTS #5
  7. BTS #6
  8. BTS #7
  9. BTS #8
  10. BTS #9
  11. BTS #10
  12. BTS #11 //youtube link
  13. BTS #12 //youtube link
  14. Unofficial BTS #1
  15. 招摇 by 陈楚生 & 胡莎莎 MV
  16. unofficial BTS #
  17. BTS #13
  18. On set Interview
  19. FMV :star:
  20. BTS #14
  21. BTS #15
  22. unofficial bts #94- 10 Divine Sect Set
  23. unoffical Bts #95- QQX Ice cave Set
  24. Unofficial BTS #96- MQ x ZY Duel 
  25. Bts #16 
  26. 未央夜 by 袁野 MV
  27. BTS #17
  28. Bts #18
  29. Bts #19
  30. BTS #20 ZY + apple
  31. BTS #21 Xukai 1
  32. FMV BTS
  33. FMV- bilibili  not a fan of the bgm but love the colour scheme
  34. ♥️♥️FMV!! MUST WATCH!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  35. Promo video in modern times (low HQ weibo link) // Bilibili :love:
  36. BTS #22 Xukai part 2 // bilibili link  (PS. YOUTUBE CUT OUT THE "I'm sorry my husband has yet to graduate from kindergarten")
  37. Ep 35 Kiss Part 1 BTS #23 / bilibili  
  38. Ep 35 Kiss Part 2  BTS #24 // weibo link // 
  39. BTS #25 XUKAI's B-Day /weibo link
  40. EP 30 Explosion Kiss  BTS #26
  41. EP 32 Drunk Kiss 1 BTS #27
  42. EP 32 Drunk Kiss 2 BTS #28
  43. unofficial BTS- MQ standing on the altar  
  44. unofficial BTS 1- LMX sealing for 3rd time
  45. unofficial BTS 2- LMX seal 3rd part 2
  46. Unofficial proposal Bts (Ps. filmed by Bailu)
  47. BTS #29 Bailu's laughter
  48.  Wedding P1 BTS # 30
  49. Hear my Heart' BTS #31
  50. Wedding P2 BTS #32 //  Part 1 + 2 + Drama cut

Phone wallpapers.

Spoiler

tumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao7_r2_400.jpgtumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao3_400.jpg

tumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao8_400.jpgtumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao4_400.jpg

tumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao6_400.jpgtumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao5_400.jpg

tumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao2_400.jpgtumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao1_400.jpg

tumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao9_r2_400.jpgtumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao7_r1_400.jpg

tumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao7_400.jpgtumblr_pospwedjH41u1iqoao9_400.jpg

full res. (1469x2646)

GIFS (video ver)

Spoiler

tumblr_pot2s6iCms1u1iqoao2_400.giftumblr_pot2s6iCms1u1iqoao1_400.gif

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POST-LIGHTING-EDITING?

"YOU DARE?"

"I LU ZHAO YAO am a dare devil" // "There is nothing I dare not to do" 

"If you touch SQJ, then I'll poison LCL"

OH GHG:cry:

GIFS #2 :bawling::heart:

Spoiler

007DUpiqly1g1cnixn6p8g30pq0cqhdy.gif

007DUpiqly1g1cnj1jqf1g30pq0cqx6v.gif

007DUpiqly1g1cniwnmp8g30pq0cq7wm.gif

007DUpiqly1g1cniszkepg30pq0cqe87.gif

007DUpiqly1g1cnirgws0g30pq0cqe84.gif

"REMEMBER THIS. I will never abandon you again even if the world ends. So you must remember these words" 

OH ANGELS. Did youtube UPLOAD PREVIEWS??? :scream: Then world really must be ending just like what zhao yao said. 

ZY x Bing Tang Hu Lu 

Spoiler

tumblr_poh8h3Z7ZD1u1iqoao6_400.giftumblr_poh8h3Z7ZD1u1iqoao7_400.gif

tumblr_poh8h3Z7ZD1u1iqoao2_400.jpgtumblr_poh8h3Z7ZD1u1iqoao3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_poh8h3Z7ZD1u1iqoao4_400.jpgtumblr_poh8h3Z7ZD1u1iqoao5_r3_400.gif

tumblr_poh8h3Z7ZD1u1iqoao1_r1_400.jpgtumblr_poh8h3Z7ZD1u1iqoao10_r1_400.jpg

tumblr_poh8h3Z7ZD1u1iqoao9_r2_540.gif

link for wallpaper in 4k res. 

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

I found profiles for the Four Most Devoted Male Lovers  in The Legends

Mo Qing’s is especially funny, he mentions a poem related to that “night”. I’ll translate these later (unless someone else wants to).

@frostflower14 Here's the translation for Li Chen Lan's.

Li Chen Lan - The man who is most fond of getting jealous

Personality: At times, a decisive and ruthless demon king; at other times, an adorable puppy

Love interest: Lu Zhaoyao

Reason for being being on the board:

For someone who has experienced the vast ocean, nothing else is water. For someone who has seen the Mountain Wu shrouded in clouds, nothing else is cloud. This poem means once you have experienced something magnificent, everything else lose lustre i.e. he only has eyes for LZY and no one else. Loves Zhaoyao with his life and gets jealous over her with his life. His silent contributions are backed by absolute possessiveness. His love is so strong that he can die for Zhaoyao as well as live for her.

21 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

@frostflower14 Here's the translation for Li Chen Lan's.

Li Chen Lan

Personality: At times, a decisive and ruthless demon king; at other times, an adorable puppy

Love interest: Lu Zhaoyao

Reason for being being on the board:

For someone who has experienced the vast ocean, nothing else is water. For someone who has seen the Mountain Wu shrouded in clouds, nothing else is cloud. This poem means once you have experienced something magnificent, everything else loses lustre i.e. he only has eyes for LZY and no one else. Loves Zhaoyao with his life and gets jealous over her with his life. His silent contributions are accompanied by a strong streak of possessiveness. His love is so strong that he can die for Zhaoyao as well as live for her.

I’m pretty sure the Mount Wu reference  is regarding the story of some king  called 楚襄王 who visited Mount Wu and dreamed of a Goddess. The Goddess offered to share his erm pillow and he willingly obliged. She said she was the Goddess of Mount Wu who made clouds in the morning and rain in the evenings . The Mount Wu reference could very possibly refer to their one night of ???

2 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

GIFS (video ver)

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pot2s6iCms1u1iqoao2_400.giftumblr_pot2s6iCms1u1iqoao1_400.gif

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POST-LIGHTING-EDITING?

Thanks for sharing! Wow i wonder what leads to such antagonism. I actually love the usual funny dynamic and subtle camaraderie between them! :anguished:

30 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

@frostflower14 I'm not sure if the poet of the original poem was making a reference to the goddess in the dream or just referring to the scenery. It is possible though that the person who quoted this poem wants to make a double reference.

I think the poet was referring to the scenery but the person quoting this might be  making a double reference. After all the words 巫山雲雨 Wushan yunyu are references to doing the “deed”

MoQing never really change does he? The first person that really made him see good in this world is ZY. Hence when she is gone he becomes indifferent to the world and only when she returns that he becomes his old puppy self again (of course only in front of ZY). 

13-34-22-25-40.jpg

As for the so call change in ZY personality, I believe it's important to take the novel version of ZY out and see ZY (the drama version) on its own. I actually feel like she hasn't change but instead goes back to who she is originally. Lets not forget the happy and friendly ZY at the beginning when her grandpa was alive. She even was willing to drop everything and follow LMX and it is only after the tough lesson she learned from LMX about the reality of life that she becomes that tough and careless ZY we see. Hence, now that she has a real family in MoQing, its only rightfully normal that she lets loose and soften up again. 

13-34-21-42-40.jpg

Thanks @xienrue I’m sad that China is soooo restrictive lol, this show will be so much more popular if ZY gets to be her perverted self lol! Because her personality would be so well received by the audiences (the young one anyway). Gone the day where men do all the leading xD women can be in charge to, and express our love freely. Also in love, it’s best that both partner express the desire to be with one another that doesn’t involve jealousy (as normally depicted in dramaland, so and so realise he/she loves someone because she/he got jealous >_> MQ’s jealousy is of a different category lol xD)

14 hours ago, xienrue said:

I have bad feeling that Li Chen Lan intends to use those pills for himself :cry:

By the way, I think I can be more understanding on why @DontEatMyKimchi said that Zhao Yao has lost personality in this later half of the drama. The novel translation in youtube has reaching the last arc so I can see why you get annoyed (reading more humanly translation does me a whole good in making me more understand of the storytelling).

Instead of calling Zhao Yao lost personality, perhaps it is better to say that the drama tone down Zhao Yao pervertness by ... I say 90%:sweat_smile:?! I say she is still fiery as ever (soften only in front of Li Chen Lan) in front of people she dislike. But her straightforwardness that was manifested as a number of her stratagem in killing Li Chen Lan in the beginning failed to be transferred in the later half of the drama as how passionate she is toward Li Chen Lan.

Here is my list (of what I can remember) that shows how pervert Zhao Yao regarding Li Chen Lan after she realized her love toward him:

1. In Yuan Jie coup, Zhao Yao thinking on how to reconcile the matter is: hug and kiss Li Chen Lan in public then announce that the two sect leader are getting married.

2. Zhao Yao indeed does the point no.1. In the novel, she is the one who grab Li Chen Lan and pull him for a hug and kiss (no marriage announcement though). She is actually thinking to go to the "next step" after that kiss but quickly realize that lots of people are watching them and they have situation to handle.

3. After Li Chen Lan orders the whole Wan Lu Men to burn paper for Zhao Yao (in order to resolve her marriage debt in Ghost town), the first thing Zhao Yao wish to use her money for is: go to the dream shop (the shop where she watches her memory) and repeat - rewind of her scandalous moment with Li Chen Lan to see what she did wrong at that deed so she can re-do it better next time.

4. In the novel even though Zhao Yao already got her body, she cannot stay in it for long. She depends on drinking Qin family blood to make her able to control her body. Her thought on that: does Zhi Yan need to wait behind the bedroom door when she and Mo Qing do the deed? And she will have to drink blood on the middle of the deed when she is unable to go through.

Zhao Yao is so mortified on the thought

5. In one time when Zhao Yao is in control of her body, she throws Li Chen Lan to bed, start kissing him and in the middle of stripping him when Sima Rong wood puppet untimely interrupted them (Zhao Yao doesn't even wait until they get married)

There are others scene that will tell you the same thing: Zhao Yao is crazily in love. And she likes to get physical touchy with Li Chen Lan (I don't know a better word to express this .....)

The drama strips a huge chunk of this. So in the end it will looks like Zhao Yao personality is watered down.

LOL now i understand why LCL often to get jealous, that’s was because ZY’s pervertness in the novel LOL 

FMV

• This is exactly what I meant when I said the plot ended for me the moment MQ lifted ZY's veil. Who needs JW's lightbulb arc, LMX's 2nd resealing, or the heart trenching demonic LCL? Can't you just end it beautifully without the tragedy.

Military Academy Interview conducted by Bailu and ?

• They are hilarious. The person in the car to bailu "Do you want to know why I am a vegetarian because you are my dish" (dish and veggie are the same pronunciation) and then slams the car door. "What? Did we just get rejected?" HAHAHA

________________________________________________________________________________

Mar 24. Weibo's Daily Noon update. 

30sec Hugging BTS #34 

Mahjong BTS #35 (updated weibo link  @Oohhsehun94)

• Look at XUKAI yelling at Bailu for her failures. How adorable. 

Proposal Part 3 BTS #33 (YESTERDAYS) // IQIYI LINK Posted today (CUT DIFFERENTLY. There's a couple seconds more)

PREVIOUS BTS

Spoiler

(pretty sure they are uploaded on youtube playlist by now --> filter search for "独家花絮" BTS. or watever lang it is for you)

NOT LISTED IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER, I might be missing a couple.

copy link into Converter #1 // HD Converter #2 (works with krcom) -

-> dont 'save as', just click on the link if dont want to download

WEIBO LINK   KRCOM LINK

BILIBILI LINK    YOUTUBE LINK

DIRECT VIDEO LINK (DOES NOT WORK WITH THE CONVERTERS.. COPY THE WEIBO URL AFTER CLICKING IN).

Compiled BTS (10mins) Bilibili link

1. BTS #0
  2. BTS #1
  3. BTS #2
  4. BTS #3
  5. BTS #4
  6. BTS #5
  7. BTS #6
  8. BTS #7
  9. BTS #8
  10. BTS #9
  11. BTS #10
  12. BTS #11 //youtube link
  13. BTS #12 //youtube link
  14. Unofficial BTS #1
  15. 招摇 by 陈楚生 & 胡莎莎 MV
  16. unofficial BTS #
  17. BTS #13
  18. On set Interview
  19. FMV :star:
  20. BTS #14
  21. BTS #15
  22. unofficial bts #94- 10 Divine Sect Set
  23. unoffical Bts #95- QQX Ice cave Set
  24. Unofficial BTS #96- MQ x ZY Duel 
  25. Bts #16 
  26. 未央夜 by 袁野 MV
  27. BTS #17
  28. Bts #18
  29. Bts #19
  30. BTS #20 ZY + apple
  31. BTS #21 Xukai 1
  32. FMV BTS
  33. FMV- bilibili  not a fan of the bgm but love the colour scheme
  34. ♥️♥️FMV!! MUST WATCH!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  35. Promo video in modern times (low HQ weibo link) // Bilibili :love:
  36. BTS #22 Xukai part 2 // bilibili link  (PS. YOUTUBE CUT OUT THE "I'm sorry my husband has yet to graduate from kindergarten")
  37. Ep 35 Kiss Part 1 BTS #23 / bilibili  
  38. Ep 35 Kiss Part 2  BTS #24 // weibo link // 
  39. BTS #25 XUKAI's B-Day /weibo link
  40. EP 30 Explosion Kiss  BTS #26
  41. EP 32 Drunk Kiss 1 BTS #27
  42. EP 32 Drunk Kiss 2 BTS #28
  43. unofficial BTS- MQ standing on the altar  
  44. unofficial BTS 1- LMX sealing for 3rd time
  45. unofficial BTS 2- LMX seal 3rd part 2
  46. Unofficial proposal Bts (Ps. filmed by Bailu)
  47. BTS #29 Bailu's laughter
  48.  Wedding P1 BTS # 30
  49. Hear my Heart' BTS #31
  50. Wedding P2 BTS #32 //  Part 1 + 2 + Drama cut

51. Proposal Part 3 BTS #33

GIFS #1 (video ver.)

Spoiler

tumblr_pouxiaBnL41u1iqoao1_500.gif

tumblr_pouxiaBnL41u1iqoao2_500.gif

"MQ!" 

"JW!!!"

The Legends has entered energy saving mode. Please turn up the brightness AT YOUR DISCRETION

GIF #2 ((video ver.)

Spoiler

tumblr_povuv0v8TS1u1iqoao2_500.giftumblr_povuv0v8TS1u1iqoao1_500.gif

005PrxbFgy1g1eowi4zv2j30nt0mqdi0.jpgIf you turn up the brightness, you can see his eye flashed red for a couple seconds

GIF #3

Spoiler

006pY5zNgy1g1dzarhh2ug30ls09xhdv.gif006pY5zNgy1g1dzaq6j4ig30ls09xb2c.gif006pY5zNgy1g1dzaux1cog30ls09x1l1.gif

006pY5zNgy1g1dzawgdmjg30ls09x7wi.gif

that wink :tounge_wink:

007DUpiqly1g1dsamzf9kj30u016gkjo.jpg

tumblr_porbmw7Nf01u1iqoao8_r1_540.gif

tumblr_porbmw7Nf01u1iqoao7_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_pnly0huWPA1u1iqoao3_r1_540.gif

Archived