[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

23 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Xu Kai acting here really impressed me also regarding chinese ban.

Credit to @liddi who found this out.

The news I've read so far do not indicate the ban to be anything beyond June. In any case, the latest news is  that due to the uproar from the ban, the restrictions have been eased and dramas can gradually aired from April onwards provided it obtains broadcasting license and the platforms adhere to certain restrictions:

- the network platform should report their monthly broadcast programs to the SARFT through the local bureau before the 15th of each month

- control the proportion of costume dramas, and the reality theme accounts for 60% of the annual broadcast plan

- Shows that do not get the online license, including the issuance license, the star license, the filing, etc., cannot be scheduled and announced in advance

Apparently the broadcasting platforms have all signed a guarantee letter to adhere to the above conditions.

So with any luck, all the dramas we are looking forward to will pass the broadcasting criteria.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Ok im up to episode 16 in subs but why is Jiang Wu being allowed to do what he wants from the start until the end.. 

He is super powerful (in later episodes absorbs Qin Qianxian’s power) and sort of immortal (he uses puppets of himself so his real body is unharmed).

Hope everyone knows that in You Tube we have all chapters of this novel (Ostentatious Zhao yao) translated in English by Bree Chan.:) I just recently found it , so wanted to share it so that poor souls like me can turn to novel if the drama version is not turning out to be satisfactory. 

Spoilers at the end of this video for possible ending? seems sad to me. 

10 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

He is super powerful (in later episodes absorbs Qin Qianxian’s power) and sort of immortal (he uses puppets of himself so his real body is unharmed).

Still dont think he should be any threat to demon kings son. 

@ForgottenSoulx, I agree with you. That Jiang Wu fellow should never be a match for the demon king's son. And I hate all the leaders from the  other so call hypocritical righteous sect. They are only the evil ones and that female who is in love with LMX is the worst, horrible person. That charcater should be so ashamed of herself, such a terrible living creature:rage:

1 hour ago, SereneBliss said:

@ForgottenSoulx, I agree with you. That Jiang Wu fellow should never be a match for the demon king's son. And I hate all the leaders from the  other so call hypocritical righteous sect. They are only the evil ones and that female who is in love with LMX is the worst, horrible person. That charcater should be so ashamed of herself, such a terrible living creature:rage:

At the beginning, JW used puppet, so you couldn’t kill him. You can kill his puppet but he just makes another one, that’s how he dodge both QQX and MQ, while continue to absorb other sufferings/mistrusts/angers to increase his power. Later on, he obtained QQX’s many years of Buddhist cultivation. Meanwhile LCL has the sword and the son of hades powers, however, that power is hidden/asleep. Then he got injured by the sword he got for LZY. So his power has been decreasing

Iqiyi ver BTS (weibo link // bilibiliof ZY: I will never abandon you. 

I hold firm on my belief that this drama will end happily. If the original novel author is involve in the script writing then it is impossible for a sad ending to happen. I believe in you 九鹭非香! The drama was supposed to be only 40eps long, but if you look at the current ep count it is 55/56. Why did they drag out? Sponsorships = Money. This is the reason as to why there are so many flashbacks and further story developments of side characters in comparison to the novel. Quantity over Quality. This is a problem that exist in the entire CDrama Land, not just The Legends. Like @lynne22 said "because there can never be a perfect adaptation", I agree even 10miles of blossoms wasn't an exact mirrored version of the novel. It's just disappointing that The Legends started out so well and it ended up as such. What else can I say. 

Here are the new stills. It will break your heart a little more. 

007DUpiqly1g1gm292vfhj30u042ou0z.jpg007DUpiqly1g1gjqxu13xj30u03h71kz.jpg

At this point of the drama, I dont even care if the writers throw the world into chaos. I will just stick around for our couple. 

007DUpiqly1g1g25kt4wnj33a4281hdw.jpg

tumblr_poqet4Iel71u1iqoao3_r1_640.gif

tumblr_poy6ulrV511u1iqoao1_640.gif72def3c5gy1g12d7syt2mj21hc0u04m8.jpgadd880b5ly1g1aort3xrdj21bc1yy7wh.jpg005DCPWply1g1gy15dn3ej32o01s015s.jpg

I stopped watching around

Spoiler

her second explosion. 

because I wanted to let more cute moments to rack up but now it seems like the story is getting weaker from the previews. I'll have to read through more comments but I'm kind of disappointed in where it seems to be going. I was hoping with the author helping the drama's script it would be stronger, like Nirvana in Fire. That show did drama adaptation so freaking beautifully.

I mean, it's not like I think this was going to be ~Nirvana in Fire~ but it just seems all over the place.  I'm probably going to wait for this to finish airing and then do a scrub watch and focus on the OTP and my favorite side characters. 

4 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Personally, I think that the image of Mo Qing and Zhao Yao kissing against a sunset background,yet floating above water (perhaps they are in limbo?)  is the ending

Where do you find this? All I have seen is only Li Chen Lan on a raft floating in the sky.

I have not losing interest, just feel very mad. So I decide not to post anything last night since all I post would be my rant. Moreover, I actually have not watched episode 47-48 because I dreaded watching Gu Han Guang and Ah Da death (only watch gif and clip). Plus I didn't think wait up the episodes until midnight was worth it. My heart hurts .....:bawling:

Tonight episode, judging from the preview, I afraid will further fuel my anger. So Jiang Wu kills Ah Da and Wan Lu Men disciples. Zhao Yao reaction .... not as hostile as she should be (Xiao En death was indirectly caused by Jiang Wu anyway).

Spoiler

And then she finds out that Jiang Wu seals Li Chen Lan. Zhao Yao rection ....... (I fail to find the appropriate words to describe this):persevere:.

My problem is in my opinion Zhao Yao is far too accommodating toward Jiang Wu. Even though she has life debt, there should be a line that cannot be crossed. Once Jiang Wu crosses that, then it should not matter even Jiang Wu has saved her life ten times over. People here said that Zhao Yao was not that cozy with Jiang Wu. Okay, perhaps the word "cozy" is not fit to describe Zhao Yao behavior. But, my point is she is too tolerant. It is clashed so badly with her supposed personality. Falling in love should only soften her toward Li Chen Lan, not making her a pushover. Jiang Wu seems to think that whatever he did, Zhao Yao will always tolerate him and not killing him.

Lets not comparing the drama Zhao Yao with novel Zhao Yao. Let us compare the early drama Zhao Yao with the current Zhao Yao. Zhao Yao is someone who love and hate strongly. She is also fiercely protective. Should she have shown this protective streak toward Li Chen Lan more? All her effort in calming him are not enough to show protectiveness while she still walk freely together with his enemy.

Spoiler

I read news (dunno true or not) that Jiang Wu will dead in today episodes. Well, I am very happy if this true. I am tired of his antics and even more tired watching Zhao Yao interacting with him.

Just hurry up let Li Chen Lan becomes demon, please. I have it enough watching him in pain (I am soooo sad). 

I am also worriedly waiting for Zhao Yao mourning scene. I wish Bai Lu nailed this scene. The scene when she kills Li Chen Lan, I take should be the climax of the whole drama. The devastated feeling that follows afterwards ..... Last time I saw this type of scene acted on screen was in Ashes of Love, which left me unsatisfied. I have high hope for The Legends because the director seems to be so adapt in directing his actor/actresses.

tumblr_inline_pohdza7tG01t3sjn4_540.jpg

tumblr_poduue2LQY1u1iqoao2_540.jpg

tumblr_pnyfg9imeA1u1iqoao2_540.jpg

@frostflower14 This image? 

About the ban, if you go on iqiyi you wont see the link to zhao yao on the banner page (front page). You will have to click on the drama link to find zhao yao. The dramas listed on this page are all modern.

tumblr_pp0156E4A81u1iqoao2_r1_1280.png

Even if you scroll (still on the homepage) in the drama section, you STILL wont find The Legends. In fact, The Legends is removed from the 'drama ranking' listing. 招摇 used to be 2nd place, right after 都挺好。 

tumblr_pp0156E4A81u1iqoao3_r1_1280.png

9 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Personally, I think that the image of Mo Qing and Zhao Yao kissing against a sunset background,yet floating above water (perhaps they are in limbo?)  is the ending.

@frostflower14 Wasn't that an enhanced still from the time when she kissed him after LMX "died"? Although the lyrics seem forboding, the drama is not meant to be a tragedy. 

My translation of the thoughts of Wu Lin, the actor who played Ah Da (*Check out the last hilarious photo at the end of the collage). Please do not repost without permission or credit:

Ah Da died today. The fact that members in [my social media chat groups] were mourning Ah Da's death was both surprising and flattering. I did not expect people to be so fond of this character. When I first received the script. I felt Ah Da was quite stupid and had no fighting power... his death was the most wrongful--he was stabbed to death while standing guard at the door. It was something I couldn't get over for a long time. Later the scriptwriter explained to me that while LCL and he appeared to have a superior-subordinate relationship, they were really more like brothers. Ah Da may not be the brightest bulb and he was loyal almost to the point of being stupid but he was personally cultivated and promoted by LCL, the only one with this honour in the whole sect. Hence, when JW killed Ah Da, LCL would be the one most affected. I haven't protected this CP (and given them those affectionate smiles) in vain after all...

"The Legends" is the most memorable production I've been involved in because I made a lot of great friends. Every day, we spent time together playing ball, having meals and singing karaoke, no matter how late we knocked off. We still kept in touch after filming wrapped. Such great friendships! This also explains why there are "tampered" photos of me online. My greatest happiness was in meeting them.

An actor always has to say goodbye to his character. Ah Da, I love you. Your simple, kind and loyal nature is so beautiful.

Please continue to hold on to your beliefs.

Spoiler

6da7f173gy1g1gff7inn0j20v98c4e84.jpg

6da7f173gy1g1gk9d7n7jj20u01ba7wh.jpg

@xienrue I also think there will be a period after Mo Qing is stabbed when Zhaoyao is alone and looking for him. This fits with the original promo trailer where her character's voiceover says she had been looking at the skies (but wasn't able to find) the same stars that she once saw in someone's eyes.

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

I have not losing interest, just feel very mad. So I decide not to post anything last night since all I post would be my rant. Moreover, I actually have not watched episode 47-48 because I dreaded watching Gu Han Guang and Ah Da death (only watch gif and clip). Plus I didn't think wait up the episodes until midnight was worth it. My heart hurts .....:bawling:

Just hurry up let Li Chen Lan becomes demon, please. I have it enough watching him in pain (I am soooo sad). 

I haven't watched ep 47 & 48 cause i dreaded seeing their deaths. Surprisingly, GHG and Ah Da have really grown on me, and while they are only supporting characters, I feel that the scenes they appeared in has always been quite funny and interesting. It's weird since ZY is the first sect leader, and the one who recruited GHG and all, but i feel a lack of connection between ZY and them or other Wan Lu Men subordinates. In fact, despite the plenty of arguments between GHG and MQ, i feel that it's MQ who have a more genuine connection with him and people in Wan Lu Men.

Agreed, at this point i really just want to move to LCL becoming demonic. From the scenes in the trailer and song MV, i think MQ looks really good when he fully become demonic, and at this point, i feel the full focus will really be on the only MQ and ZY. All other obstacles would probably been gone by the time MQ becomes fully demonic.

6 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

At the beginning, JW used puppet, so you couldn’t kill him. You can kill his puppet but he just makes another one, that’s how he dodge both QQX and MQ, while continue to absorb other sufferings/mistrusts/angers to increase his power. Later on, he obtained QQX’s many years of Buddhist cultivation. Meanwhile LCL has the sword and the son of hades powers, however, that power is hidden/asleep. Then he got injured by the sword he got for LZY. So his power has been decreasing

I mean they know where JW was hiding just go there and kill him 

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

I am also worriedly waiting for Zhao Yao mourning scene. I wish Bai Lu nailed this scene. The scene when she kills Li Chen Lan, I take should be the climax of the whole drama. The devastated feeling that follows afterwards ..... Last time I saw this type of scene acted on screen was in Ashes of Love, which left me unsatisfied. I have high hope for The Legends because the director seems to be so adapt in directing his actor/actresses.

So does this mean bad ending and i guess he lets him self get killed, hes been suffering throughout this show its so sad. 

I agree that there is no perfect adaptation, and despite its flaws and everything I will still stick to this until the end.

I know the scriptwriters have a quota hey have to meet in number of episodes, but I kind of wished it was more focused on LCL’s demonic turn or evil LCL as that would have led to steamy OTP moments before the big end :joy:

I know we won’t get the novel’s ending after all the spoilers in the MV, but this is what I wish the drama can end like...

Spoiler

JW dying after saving ZY (because he needs a noble death? As if his character hasn’t pissed off some viwers enough lol). LMX can be the big baddie, and is the full reason LCL turns demonic. Then LMX gets his end at the hands of ZY. LCL in his full demon mode and is more possessive of ZY. Leading to steamy OTP moments, and ZY realizing that the little pure MQ is hardly visible anymore. Leading to her and LCL’s final battle. At the final moment, MQ is able to appear and lets ZY stab him with her sword. ZY believes he is dead and goes on this long journey doing good deeds in hopes of meeting MQ (as he had mention that he was fortunate enough to meet her again in his lifetime, so she needs to work hard to see if she can be as fortunate as him to meet him again). LCL then awakes from his slumber wherever QQX has hidden his body (haha). Yes, I want it to be QQX who has taken MQ’s body as he feels indebted to MQ and also for indirectly causing harm onto MQ. MQ goes to find ZY and sees that she has changed, but at the same time he sees a hint of the ZY he met at the beginning. And they lived happily ever after making beautiful babies.

If the drama fails me with its ending, I’ll just go write my own alternate ending for it :joy:

Archived