Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

I am also worriedly waiting for Zhao Yao mourning scene. I wish Bai Lu nailed this scene. The scene when she kills Li Chen Lan, I take should be the climax of the whole drama. The devastated feeling that follows afterwards ..... Last time I saw this type of scene acted on screen was in Ashes of Love, which left me unsatisfied. I have high hope for The Legends because the director seems to be so adapt in directing his actor/actresses.

So does this mean bad ending and i guess he lets him self get killed, hes been suffering throughout this show its so sad. 

I agree that there is no perfect adaptation, and despite its flaws and everything I will still stick to this until the end.

I know the scriptwriters have a quota hey have to meet in number of episodes, but I kind of wished it was more focused on LCL’s demonic turn or evil LCL as that would have led to steamy OTP moments before the big end :joy:

I know we won’t get the novel’s ending after all the spoilers in the MV, but this is what I wish the drama can end like...

Spoiler

JW dying after saving ZY (because he needs a noble death? As if his character hasn’t pissed off some viwers enough lol). LMX can be the big baddie, and is the full reason LCL turns demonic. Then LMX gets his end at the hands of ZY. LCL in his full demon mode and is more possessive of ZY. Leading to steamy OTP moments, and ZY realizing that the little pure MQ is hardly visible anymore. Leading to her and LCL’s final battle. At the final moment, MQ is able to appear and lets ZY stab him with her sword. ZY believes he is dead and goes on this long journey doing good deeds in hopes of meeting MQ (as he had mention that he was fortunate enough to meet her again in his lifetime, so she needs to work hard to see if she can be as fortunate as him to meet him again). LCL then awakes from his slumber wherever QQX has hidden his body (haha). Yes, I want it to be QQX who has taken MQ’s body as he feels indebted to MQ and also for indirectly causing harm onto MQ. MQ goes to find ZY and sees that she has changed, but at the same time he sees a hint of the ZY he met at the beginning. And they lived happily ever after making beautiful babies.

If the drama fails me with its ending, I’ll just go write my own alternate ending for it :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

@ForgottenSoulx If you recall, LCL's father went to Liu He island to find a solution for getting rid of the xinmo but died.

Spoiler

I believe the Liu He Tian Yi Sword can kill LCL but there is a way to bring him back after that.

• Insightful 2

48 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I mean they know where JW was hiding just go there and kill him 

Actually they don't. One of the spies sent by Sima Rong was intercepted when trying to send out the information.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, 12blbl said:

Did LCL often feel jealous in the novel?

Yes, he does

1) When LZY asked him to spare Liu Cangling's life

2) JW said Little Beauty (his nickname for Zhiyan/LZY) admired him

3) LZY appeared in other people's dreams

etc

Xu Kai in battlegear (in his new drama)

Spoiler

54522854-1868867529886505-65779002667570

• Like 5

@bluehibiscus Thank you for the translation regarding Ah Da character from the actor point of view. Reading that makes my heart hurts even more ......:bawling::bawling:. Li Chen Lan and Ah Da relationship in the entire drama is indeed very sweet. Really, no wonder that Li Chen Lan has 5 star for male friendship :lol:. His relationship with male friend in the drama:

1. Sima Rong

No need of further explanation. These two seem to know each other secret (secret which even their significant other does not know)

2. Gu Han Guang

I have no doubt these two have some history behind. Gu Han Guang has tendency to show care even when it was not wanted in the drama,  hence their bickering every time Li Chen Lan get treated. The scene when Gu Han Guang literally forced Li Chen Lan to drink medicine showed a lot.

3. Ah Da

In a way, I always feel Ah Da is Li Chen Lan personal assistant. This kind of relationship usually will be bordering close friendship on top of superior-subordinate relationship. We can see in Zhao Yao absent, it was Ah Da who practically become Li Chen Lan caretaker.

2 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

This fits with the original promo trailer of her character where her voiceover says she had been looking at the skies (but wasn't able to find) the same stars that she once saw in someone's eyes.

Is this from Zhao Yao voice over in MV of the song Zhao Yao?? If it is, would you help in translating the full words that Zhao Yao says in the song beginning? :anguished:

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, xienrue said:

Is this from Zhao Yao voice over in MV of the song Zhao Yao?? If it is, would you help in translating the full words that Zhao Yao says in the song beginning? :anguished:

@xienrue Yes, it is. Here you go:

LZY's voiceover:

I once saw a sea of stars in someone's eyes and was mesmerised by them. After he left, to find traces of him, I dare not let any starry night pass by me but I never saw anything as luminous.

LCL's voiceover:

I hope all your future tribulations will fall on me. Even if I have to fight into the Underworld, I will definitely snatch you back.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

So does this mean bad ending and i guess he lets him self get killed, hes been suffering throughout this show its so sad.

We don't know whether we will have bad or happy ending. One thing is sure that he will let himself getting killed by Zhao Yao; whether he can comeback to live or not .....

2 hours ago, miyaism said:
Spoiler

ZY believes he is dead and goes on this long journey doing good deeds in hopes of meeting MQ (as he had mention that he was fortunate enough to meet her again in his lifetime, so she needs to work hard to see if she can be as fortunate as him to meet him again)

I don't think I ever remember Li Chen Lan says that to Zhao Yao? Could you tell me where do you get this?

And I think Li Chen Lan body will never be found. In the battle scene, we are shown that he fells to an abyss. If not, with Zhao Yao still very much lucid after killing him, she will the first one that searching for his body. Actually, I want to see a desperate Zhao Yao tries the impossible (try to look for Li Chen Lan body).

By all means, please write a fanfiction regardless of the ending :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Well the lyrics of the theme songs imply a sad ending.Main theme female voice:”In life,love is in the four seas...” male voice:”Dying is also happiness...”

Mo Qings song “Fate”: “Fighting against fate,yet it is futile. If we could start over, I would give up the world to be with you”

Ending theme song “The Long Road”: “I am willing to follow you to the Underworld and the River of Forgetfulness,never parting.”

Personally, I think that the image of Mo Qing and Zhao Yao kissing against a sunset background,yet floating above water (perhaps they are in limbo?)  is the ending.

FAD8028-F-CD13-4-A13-ACD0-B63581-AB9928.

This is the image I’m referring to. Looks like they are sitting on a raft and the water could possibly be the River of Forgetfulness (忘川) in the Chinese Underworld.

Maybe after Mo Qing’s death, Zhao Yao uses the Nine Heavens spell to find his soul, dies in the process and is reunited with him in the Underworld?

• Like 4

@xienrue Yes, like @bluehibiscus mentioned. It's from that scene in EP11. I just sum it up. :D

With the route the drama took, I would also like to see a desperate Zhao Yao searching for her MQ. Let her suffer a little too haha

I don't really write fanfiction, but I am definitely considering it for ZY & MQ!

On the other hand, I made some FMVs for this couple I haven't shared here. One for Zhao Yao & Mo Qing, and the other is a crossover FMV with Bai Lu and Xu Kai using their clips from Untouchable Lovers and some other works. I'll post it under the spoiler.

Spoiler

I had fun making this one, and the story is funny (full description at YT). There is a part 2 I'm still working on :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

It's just disappointing that The Legends started out so well and it ended up as such. What else can I say. 

At this point of the drama, I dont even care if the writers throw the world into chaos. I will just stick around for our couple. 

I know what you mean... Sigh... I just hope the plot will move faster, and MQ and ZY  will have a happy ending they deserve!  

And for Jiang Wu, when he dies... I will be one of the people that shout "GOOD RIDDANCE!!" :skull:

Anyway... I saw this cute clip about Lu Shi Qi... right now.. rather than focusing on my disappointment.. I think its better to watch cute scenes instead....

@miyaism :joy: don't forget to share the fanfic with us...... 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

@bluehibiscus maybe you’re right. But that image reminds me of Mo Qing on the floating raft in the MV.

6-A1-FD7-B7-C94-C-483-A-85-F2-E402-AA35-

Now that we are nearing the end of this journey, I totally don’t want the ending to be Zhao Yao guarding Mo Qing’s tomb for the rest of her life.

I don’t see how Mo Qing could escape his fate of dying by Lu He sword’s anti demonic powers. As the guardian of Lu He warned Mo Qing,others have come before him to retrieve the sword but all have given up because the person who successfully retrieves Lu He will be killed by it. As the lyrics to “宿命” go “Struggling against fate, yet it is futile.”

However, a possible loophole could be Zhi Yan and Qin Qianxian’s blood. It’s stated somewhere that there’s a rumour that the blood of the Qin family has the power to bring the dead back (fingers crossed).

8-D998535-AB7-A-4652-B338-EAE02383-CF92.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

@bluehibiscus maybe you’re right. But that image reminds me of Mo Qing on the floating raft in the MV.

Now that we are nearing the end of this journey, I totally don’t want the ending to be Zhao Yao guarding Mo Qing’s tomb for the rest of her life.

I don’t see how Mo Qing could escape his fate of dying by Lu He sword’s anti demonic powers. As the guardian of Lu He warned Mo Qing,others have come before him to retrieve the sword but all have given up because the person who successfully retrieves Lu He will be killed by it. As the lyrics to “宿命” go “Struggling against fate, yet it is futile.”

However, a possible loophole could be Zhi Yan and Qin Qianxian’s blood. It’s stated somewhere that there’s a rumour that the blood of the Qin family has the power to bring the dead back (fingers crossed).

I thought MQ was a Xinmo not human, so he won’t easily die. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

Well, not for the rest of her life. But pretty sure I want her to "wait" for a couple of years at the very least. And I also want her to know about whoever take away Liu He sword will die by that sword. Knowing that truth, combining with the fact that she is the one that person that wield Liu He sword to kill Li Chen Lan will make the devastated feeling more poignant. Because she is the one that drives Li Chen Lan to his death from the very beginning. We need to remember that Li Chen Lan would never touch Liu He sword if not for Zhao Yao asked for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

I thought MQ was a Xinmo not human, so he won’t easily die. 

In the drama, they may have changed this; he may indeed be the son of the demon king. Actially I hope his father can somehow provide the key to save him.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, xienrue said:

We need to remember that Li Chen Lan would never touch Liu He sword if not for Zhao Yao asked for it.

It's true but she didn't know about the curse and LCL was the one who made the choice to take the sword in the end and accept the consequences. It made me recall the words in the profile that publicity did for LCL -- that his love is so strong that he can die as well as live for her.

• Like 3