[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm, I thought I saw someone said the restriction is only run between March to June to promote some sort of nationality thing (I.e no airing historical/fantasy drama to air nationalism drama >_>) After that, it’s back to normal? 

Though this person did not not mention anything about the drama being wiped off the board >_< imma have to somehow copy them off YouTube lol. Since I can’t download the Viet sub >_< yikes yikes yikes!

And if Viki can’t get the license because of this ban, GG to the international fans for this series! How’s about just ban remake lol? I have enough of Louis Cha’s series being remake lol or the stupid white snake tale (no offend but that story wasn’t even that nice to start with, and making it million times over isn’t gonna improve the storyline unless you change the storyline completely lol).

@bluehibiscus it was a pity that DD and vic didn’t get more lovey dovey scene, they have 1 faked kiss and 1 real forced kiss and 1 faked bed scene? Lol, compare to DD and VZ, who gets the real steamy kiss. Many said it’s because of Vic, but somehow I’m a bit doubtful, since Vic locked lips with Hou Qi Bing (hopefully I got her name right) likes 4-5 times in beauties in the closet. Anyway, it’s still my favourite series lol, I love the storyline, and there were scenes where vic looks quite good (just not the grand opening scene where she first met him lol).

For the military series, I hope Xu Kai and Bai Lu ends up together and not the other dude or I’ll be sad lol! 

:bawling:EP47/48

2 Deaths

Spoiler

52e3e54cly1g1ffvbkqr9j20u00xtjv4.jpg

IF South dies, no one can slow down LCL's demonic progression. NO wonder the writers had to eliminate him.

stills

Spoiler

6d40f7f4ly1g1fcq6ezmsj23a427j1l9.jpg

007DUpiqly1g1fcmh6jnhj32io1ogb2e.jpg007DUpiqly1g1fcmg3plzj32io1og4qs.jpg

007DUpiqly1g1fcmiw9zhj32io1ogx6r.jpg

previews:

web 47 (weibo link)

web 48 (weibo link)

tv preview

After 46eps DRAMA YOUTUBE CHANNEL finally decides they should upload the previews for next ep. -.-

47 // 48 

I am so mad!!!! Granted I have only watched only bits from weibo clip but what I have watched made me so frustrated.

Spoiler

Not only they killed Gu Han Guang and Ah Da (both are my favorite:bawling:), they literally killed Zhao Yao personality. My guess is Jiang Wu took Ah Da life as an exchange for his underling that got killed by Li Chen Lan in his bout of jealousy?! Well, I say that Jiang Wu should have seen it coming after his trick. If you bother a sleeping dragon, you can only blame yourself if you got bitten in return.

I am so annoyed with Zhao Yao right now. Her every interaction with Jiang Wu annoys me to no end. She should understand even though she is free to friend with every male, Jiang Wu is off limit. Li Chen Lan would not react so negatively if she interacts with Sima Rong, Gu Han Guang and the likes. Jiang Wu has proven himself to be dangerous, has hurt her man multiple times. Zhao Yao should wish she could kill him (only restrained by life debt) right here right now. Now instead we see how cozy she is with her supposed enemy :expressionless:.

Perhaps the drama want to make us wishing Li Chen Lan to become demonic as soon as possible. If they were, then I say they are successful. Because right now I want Li Chen Lan to become demonic; just crush everything that stand on his path. Kill Jiang Wu, kill Luo Ming Xuan, and make those hypocrite immortal sects to be his underlings. Watching everybody bullying him like this makes my heart hurt. More so because in the novel Li Chen Lan is so powerful (even Jiang Wu is not his match). Last, make Zhao Yao kills her love with her own hands, let her taste despair. Let her know how it feels to lost him "forever", and by her own hands none the less. I somehow felt that the drama makes Zhao Yao taking Li Chen Lan love as granted; like she is expecting Li Chen Lan to forgive her of everything thus she is free to do anything even though she knows that Li Chen Lan will get angry.

Uhm, I just watched the 2 eps and I don’t think she is that cosy with JW. She has always kept her distance, there was only 1 instant where she was playing with him, but I think it’s more that they are quite alike, that’s why. As a matter of fact, she’s very mindful of the effect her relationship with JW has on LCL. She constantly reminded him of her love and how she will not abandon him. But JW is a xinmo and he knows how to trigger the xinmo in people, that’s how he obtains his food source/power. 

The second time was when JW wanted to leave Wan Lu Sect, and was a trick that ZY didn’t see coming.

Spoiler

He forced a kiss on her, or what it look like (I’m questioning that kiss, because sure ZY can’t stop him, but she didn’t continuously fight back, so I think he didn’t actually kiss her, just make it look like it) to trigger LCL’s xinmo. The same with Ah Da’s death, it is to trigger xinmo more than to revenge his friend, it’s one stone hit 2 birds.

JW thinks turning LCL full evil will make ZY despite LCL, and that’s why we have the talk between LCL and JW at the end of 46, where JW tried to tell LCL that ZY will despite him and abandon him when his xinmo takes over. And it didn’t show LCL remember what ZY told him about she will not abandon him even if the whole world is crumbling.

Regarding the deaths:

Spoiler

My guess is the golden deity kill GHG, because as much as I can’t understand chinese, I think in the trailer, it mentioned they are in the righteous sect’s jail cell. And since the golden deity possibly killed the brother already in rage, his xinmo made him out of control and with GHG’s personality, he got super mad and kill him, too when GHG told him he won’t treat him ever.

All in all, good 2 eps, plot is moving nicely and some sweet moments between the 2 leads :) also we get to see why QZY is the next sect leader even though her kungfu is terrible lol (still in training but it is a setting up). Mixed of good angst and light sweet humour and romance. My only complaint though... why are we darkening the screen???? Like why???? Are we trying to make everything gloomy to foreshadow the bad time is coming??? Because there is no need to display a fight in such darkness lol, what a waste of CGI (can’t see much of his red eye or black smoke or those explosions during fighting -.-) and like I can see the sun during the fight scene.... make me mad to think that I can see it in vibrant colour instead of this dark hue lol!

Kudo to Xu Kai and his death stare at JW after they come out of the tree lol, it’s a stare that really show the killing intent, cold stern and deadly. I love how ZY keeps being very touchy with her MQ :) it’s the opposite of how she is with JW. I think the bed scene won’t be until after JW is out of the picture :( which is a while yet :(

Regarding the ban on historical/fantasy drama, the person who said not showing historical/fantasy drama for March to June has their comment deleted (dk whether that person did or the website’s moderator since that person used kinda degrading word toward the article for being inaccurate). However, on the other site, it said the already finished historical/fantasy drama will not be listed on the main front page (I.e no promotion, no trending, no “hot list to watch”, you have to search for it). So I’m a bit confused as it seems not clear? Lol. However, not promoting historical/fantasy dramas during this time and only show nationalism drama fit with the government ‘s purpose for these three months, to celebrate “some” years of nationalism/communism??

tumblr_poxuwyTujx1u1iqoao2_250.giftumblr_poxuwyTujx1u1iqoao3_250.giftumblr_poxuwyTujx1u1iqoao4_250.gif

Initially the drama NAILED the portrayal of ZY, a strong and independent women. She not as fierce as she used to be, I miss that side of her. Falling in love might have soften her personality but it should not make her a pushover. Right now, the drama ZY is letting JW do whatever he desires. If this part happened to the novel ZY, JW would probably be slapped a thousand and one times. During these recent episode, what annoys me the most is script that Bailu has to work with. All she has been doing she hugging, and trying to calm down MQ. SHE NOT A MQ BABYSITTER! The writers has been recycling the same dialogues and actions whenever MQ's eyes flashes red in front of ZY. Just like how LCL+sleeping-black-dragon clip was reused over and over again. @xienrue I completely agree. ZY is FULLY aware of what the existence of JW means to LCL. Despite that, the writers keep pushing those buttons. Can't we get something new? This is the first time I find the BTS much more entertaining than the drama itself. :confused:

Spoiler

Also, I feel the writer sentenced GHG to death for two reasons. First, to pave way for LCL's demonic downfall. In ep 46, South kept saying 'wait for a couple days, just a few days more and I'll make/grow the medicine to heal LCL's xin mo". The moment he said those lines, I knew the wait will never come to an end because GHG would probably die before then. If GHG is gone, then there will be no one to pull LCL back from the demonic nature and JiangWu, who is still at Wan Lu Men, will push forward demonic arc at full speed. Second, to pave way (again) for LMX's regain of power. TV PREVIEW 2 (which I have yet to find a link for) shows GHG going to Jiang Sect (the medical sect) to ask for permission to borrow the 'bone medicine', then discovers LMX. Up until this point, Master Jiang hasn't told the full story about his Jiang Family secret to LMX. I am positive LMX tortured GHG to death in order to gain detail knowledge about this 'almighty power' that the Jiangs possesses. 

be30a16cgy1g1fiino2w9j22ea35se81.jpgtumblr_pokkrfPpld1u1iqoao1_1280.png

tumblr_poxuwyTujx1u1iqoao1_r1_250.giftumblr_poxuwyTujx1u1iqoao10_r1_250.gif

tumblr_pouv4smkY01u1iqoao4_r1_400.gif

Well I hope they will upload another BTS today. 

6 hours ago, btsgomo said:

@xienrue I'm sorry, I understand you are heated after watching the newest episodes, but I haven't and read your paragraph about character deaths. Usually our forum is good at concealing spoilers. 

My paragraph contains the story already shown in preview for tonight episodes, so I thought it was fair game already (no longer rumor but shown in a preview that everybody watched). And since everybody here discussing the drama raw, the discussion always "opened" right after the episodes air. But I get your point. Next time I will hide the preview in spoiler box. I am sorry.

@DontEatMyKimchi Yes, I also think that if all these Jiang Wu scenes happened in the novel, Zhao Yao would have probably draw his blood. Based on her personality, it is unthinkable that Zhao Yao will have the heart to send Jiang Wu until the Wan Lu Men outer door and even willing to shake hand after his recent bout with Li Chen Lan. I imagine Zhao Yao should be more protective and possessive toward Li Chen Lan. It is a wound by Liu He sword; Li Chen Lan has an "unhealed" wound caused by the event when he took Liu He sword. I think Zhao Yao should be more comprehensive to any wound caused by this sword?!

I try to held back on commenting after watching the wedding  and JW fiasco.... sigh...

From the start, the script writer for this drama always use a roundabout way to present the story.. like we know it will get there.. but we have to go through endless fillers... :sweatingbullets: To be honest.. before the wedding.. I'm mostly OK with the fillers.... I like GHG.. I like QZY and also Lu Shi Qi, but fillers with JW in the forefront is annoying....... especially with him constantly trying to put down Mo Qing like that! Seriously tho... what were the scriptwriter thinking ???? :sweatingbullets: 

I'm not complaining because I read the book.. no.. I'm not... because there can never be a perfect adaptation.. but I'm sorry to say.....this last Demon Arc is not an enjoyable watch for me.. sigh.. 

5 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

tumblr_poxuwyTujx1u1iqoao2_250.giftumblr_poxuwyTujx1u1iqoao3_250.giftumblr_poxuwyTujx1u1iqoao4_250.gif

Initially the drama NAILED the portrayal of ZY, a strong and independent women. She not as fierce as she used to be, I miss that side of her. Falling in love might have soften her personality but it should not make her a pushover. Right now, the drama ZY is letting JW do whatever he desires. If this part happened to the novel ZY, JW would probably be slapped a thousand and one times. During these recent episode, what annoys me the most is script that Bailu has to work with. All she has been doing she hugging, and trying to calm down MQ. SHE NOT A MQ BABYSITTER! The writers has been recycling the same dialogues and actions whenever MQ's eyes flashes red in front of ZY. Just like how LCL+sleeping-black-dragon clip was reused over and over again. @xienrue I completely agree. ZY is FULLY aware of what the existence of JW means to LCL. Despite that, the writers keep pushing those buttons. Can't we get something new? This is the first time I find the BTS much more entertaining than the drama itself. :confused:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I feel the writer sentenced GHG to death for two reasons. First, to pave way for LCL's demonic downfall. In ep 46, South kept saying 'wait for a couple days, just a few days more and I'll make/grow the medicine to heal LCL's xin mo". The moment he said those lines, I knew the wait will never come to an end because GHG would probably die before then. If GHG is gone, then there will be no one to pull LCL back from the demonic nature and JiangWu, who is still at Wan Lu Men, will push forward demonic arc at full speed. Second, to pave way (again) for LMX's regain of power. TV PREVIEW 2 (which I have yet to find a link for) shows GHG going to Jiang Sect (the medical sect) to ask for permission to borrow the 'bone medicine', then discovers LMX. Up until this point, Master Jiang hasn't told the full story about his Jiang Family secret to LMX. I am positive LMX tortured GHG to death in order to gain detail knowledge about this 'almighty power' that the Jiangs possesses. 

be30a16cgy1g1fiino2w9j22ea35se81.jpgtumblr_pokkrfPpld1u1iqoao1_1280.png

I agree!!! The drama did ZY's character so well in the beginning, which is the main reason i was attracted to watch in the first place (I only read the novel after cause I never heard of this series before). When i first ventured into this show, i was just watching some random clips and until i saw ZY. She was such a badass material, so deadly and sharp; i was like "Who the hell is this character"!!

The story line after the wedding fiasco has indeed dropped in quality (though i still enjoy random moments due to MQ's devotion). I know some people explained that it's due to her falling in love, but i just feel that the basic strength of ZY's character is kinda missing lately. I do look forward to the demonic LCL arc where the main leads' real struggles are going to happen, and it seems all the other unnecessary elements like LMX and JW will be gone by then...

Seems like the latest episode drew quite a bit of ire towards LZY. I too was drawn to her strong and daredevil character at the start. I think you can still see some of those qualities when she clashes with GHG.

When I read the novel, I actually felt she mellowed quite a lot and was quite sappy when it came to Mo Qing in the later part. In the novel, JW didn't save her life so the LZY in the drama would be more tolerant towards him especially when she thought he was leaving. I don't really mind JW's presence at this point as I can genuinely feel his love for LZY and the actor playing him is quite good. Anyway, we all know he is just a temporary obstacle and LZY will not love him back. 

Based on my understanding of LZY's character in the drama, she will never want to hurt Mo Qing with her actions. It's probably a case of bad editing that made viewers think she let JW touch her with no regard for Mo Qing's feelings. In the script, she was probably going to stop JW but wasn't able to react before Mo Qing struck.

I know a lot of viewers dislike Lin Zhiyu as she is like the typical jealous female villain but I think the actress should be given credit for delivering a fairly solid performance of not just a cardboard villain. We can see her internal conflict when she betrayed Wan Lu Men and when she faced LCL. She is actually not evil by nature but like Liu Suruo, she succumbed to her jealousy and held on too stubbornly to a love she should have let go, thus giving rise to a form of xinmo.

I think the fact that everyone has the potential for xinmo is an idea that the drama tries to explore with a variety of characters apart from QQX and Mo Qing's father. Luo Mingxuan is another character who cannot let go of his prejudices against the demonic sects and is unwilling to face the possibilty that he can be in the wrong. This stubborness leads him to do harm in the name of the good and eventually down the demonic path.

I can understand wanting all the obstacles cleared asap for the OTP since we care for them very much but I have faith that the strong love of this couple will pull them through (it doesn't hurt either that they are still having lovey dovey moments as of now).

Spoiler

I guess the scriptwriters decided GHG had to die as otherwise, he could have cured Mo Qing.

Does anyone know whether Mo Qing will die in the end ? Is Zhao Yao going to be left alone in this drama version?:tears::bawling:

I know the novel ending is happy but is the drama ending also going to be a happy one. The novel is so beautiful, no one from Wan lu sect dies. I seriously do not understand why these chinese drama versions of novels not follow the exact story of the respective novel. Seriously :angry:

43 minutes ago, kuuto said:

curiously keep refreshing this page..  but seems that most people lost interest. :(

I agree. I was super into it the first half and then the waiting game just made me lost interest. I still like it and watch the clips but not obsessed level like before. I'll definitely pick it up after all eps are out. I'm still stalking the forum though ahahah 

32 minutes ago, SereneBliss said:

Does anyone know whether Mo Qing will die in the end ? Is Zhao Yao going to be left alone in this drama version?:tears::bawling:

I know the novel ending is happy but is the drama ending also going to be a happy one. The novel is so beautiful, no one from Wan lu sect dies. I seriously do not understand why these chinese drama versions of novels not follow the exact story of the respective novel. Seriously :angry:

Well the lyrics of the theme songs imply a sad ending.Main theme female voice:”In life,love is in the four seas...” male voice:”Dying is also happiness...”

Mo Qings song “Fate”: “Fighting against fate,yet it is futile. If we could start over, I would give up the world to be with you”

Ending theme song “The Long Road”: “I am willing to follow you to the Underworld and the River of Forgetfulness,never parting.”

Personally, I think that the image of Mo Qing and Zhao Yao kissing against a sunset background,yet floating above water (perhaps they are in limbo?)  is the ending.

1 hour ago, kuuto said:

curiously keep refreshing this page..  but seems that most people lost interest. :(

Lol, the latest 2 eps is kinda a drag :/ they could have move the plot a lot faster... do not need to drag out these 2 deaths, I get why, but toooooo slow. The twist on the golden deity is unexpected but they need to move it a lot faster. And I know many do not like the waiting game, so they rather wait until the end to start watching. And if anywhere in the drama that give you enough pause, people will take it and wait it out. I’m still interested but they need to move a lot faster lol.

@bluehibiscus I agree that the drama is playing with the idea that the everyone can have a xinmo. But I think it’s also playing with the idea that evil people don’t need to have a xinmo to be evil. So basically, having a xinmo doesn’t mean you are bad (QQX and LCL) and having no xinmo (the medicine older brother and golden deity) doesn’t make you good either. I wonder if what happen to the golden deity happened in the novel?

@frostflower14 this better not end in unhappiness or imma punch a puppy lol!  Praying your prediction is wrong or I’ll be super mad >_<

Thanks for the details, @frostflower14.:smile:

As long as they are together, i am ok although I prefer if they are both alive like in the novel:) . I just don't want Mo Qing or Zhao Yao to end up alone. Chinese drama adaptations should seriously follow the novel at least in the ending if it is a happy one.;)

Archived