[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

ES will be okay. ET is gone the entire episode thinking. MS have bought what looks lika PS4 or something like that not sure. Enter JH room. Looks around and check the school album. Notes drops and he finds out the relationship between JH and DY and also sees DY high school photo. Ends with MS and JH face-off in JH room.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, joonminfan said:

Maybe DY senses him wavering? Oh I really hope that JH doesn’t go the noble idiocy route. I would be upset with him. She has already shown how much she likes him, so unless he likes her as much, how can he give her up so easily? I hope he listens to his supervisor: what’s most important is who DY likes.

I saw today’s clip where DY calls him and he’s with MS in the kitchen and he hesitates to answer the phone until MS prompts him to and he basically rushes DY off the phone and hangs up. I guess it’s now his turn to make her feel insecure? Heh. These young adults are fumbling so much. He better get his act together because DY gave him a great confession of her feelings yesterday and it doesn’t even look like he’s called her back yet. I don’t think he will do the noble idiot thing though. 

47 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

A hug and a forehead kiss? I want one on the lips! -_-

https://youtu.be/OmpWkNd4wVg

Yep, I just saw that. He stepped up to the plate. They still have to face issues with her parents so I want them to get pass this MS issue soon.

I guess it really doesn’t pay to go searching other people’s room without permission but at least the cat is out the bag. JH looks like he firmly owned up to his position as DY’s man so I hope he doesn’t feel apologetic about his relationship with her for the sake of anybody. I wonder if now the other family members will find out about DY. Only HH knows.

It's DY/JH/MS turn and it’s all good for ES.

Ep 39

• ET confronts CSW about ET, who gives lame excuses with blame shifting to ET, saying all would have been fine if he did not know etc.  ET calls him out on it and to give up on both YH/ES; CSW says he has regrets and ET leaves.
  • ES wakes up asking for everyone, YH lets her know when she will be out, all is fine and hugs her, YH is very happy relieved.  YH calls HS/MY and lets them know, they are happy as well.
  • ET tells CHK that they are to give up on YH/ES and uses CSW as leverage in a threatening manner, CHK goes to CSW angry demanding what he did to cause this mess.  CSW surrenders, CHK says that he is acting stranger than before.
  • The Park family along with MY happily came to see ES, ET stops by the door and leaves.  YH sees ET who says that he does not know how to face ES etc. and asks to be alone she leaves.  YH/HS talk to which he says that he understands that ET needs some time to adjust.
  • Due to WAM's bullying SH is somewhat on eggshells at home, to which KS is upset about, SH is tired at work when she receives a call from KS planning an event for them.  KS decides to treat SH and her family and later spoil SH.  MY sees that SH/KS are happy but do not know about WAM's true mercenary nature.  
  • MY later stops by her house to give MS keys to the Park's home, their talk is relaxed.
  • ET gets hard on a patient's father who is "lackadaisical" about her health, he eventually leaves.  YH gets called on it by CK.  ET has trouble handling this new change and talks about their father to JJH.
  • ES speaks to CSW on the phone and tells YH that she misses ET.  ET leaves the hospital not contacting anyone which makes JJH nervous and worried for him.  YH says to a sleeping ES that they need to give ET some time.  ET goes somewhere deep thinking and reflecting, he accepts a call about his patients and asks if ES was okay, the answer - yes.
  • MY has WAM by her house to which the talk is about SH/KS and their happiness.  MY confirms that WAM only gave approval for the couple because of her,  WAM's true mercenary, calculative nature comes out using SH as hostage.  MY accepts with the fact that SH/KS are not to know.  Later on WAM starts treating SH nice.  I really hope this backfires on WAM big time and she loses everyone, I'd like to think this is a strategy by MY.
  • It's a light but funny scene at the home with HH/JH/MS. JH tells MS that they need to talk later, DY is nervous not having received any JH's calls/text.  HH lets MS know that JH has a girlfriend, this was after JH hung up on DY as he was with MS at the time.  While watching a show JH imagines telling MS of being DY's boyfriend, MS then wonders aloud as to the man that DY likes etc.  JH realizes how much DY cares for him and went to his room.
  • JJH comes to the hospital searching for ET but no luck, she goes to his office and sees YH; she questions YH to which there is no response.  YH calls ET leaving a message, you can see that she is trying to be strong but is very tired. YH says to HS that they need to be understanding of ET.
  • HS texts ET with some words of advice.  ET finds HS, the men talk about being a parent and how scary it is.  HS talks about wanting to run away and the scary aspects/feelings of being a parent etc. ET says he fears becoming poison to ES, his father, the feelings that he has towards his father etc.  HS reassures him
  • DY at home anxiously waits for JH’s call while JJH is having a drama sick out because of ET.  DY does not receive JH’s call later going to the movie premiere to wait on him.  Meanwhile JH is working late, when he reached the bottom he remembers’ DY’s fear of the elevators and puts himself in her place by taking the stairs.
  • DY walks home disappointed, JH calls her explaining himself stating that he understands her view etc. he was behind her when they talked.  He comes to her and tells her that he does not know what he would have done without her and how important she is to him etc. DY tells JH that she is grateful to MS but more so JH and why etc.  Puppy couple make up with a forehead kiss and a hug.
  • JH/DY are at a café to which JH tells her how MS is connected to him through HS/MY and why he was hesitating in talking to her etc. he tells her that he will inform MS about them, they are happy.  DY comes home happy but then she starts thinking of all the connection to YH/ET  to them calling out ET’s name.
  • MS stops at the house – not his visit day to relax, HS/MY are happy.  MS is in JH’s room looking around, he pulls out the yearbook and DY’s post its drop out, JH is happily on his way home.  MS finds out about JH/DY’s relationship, JH arrives and goes to his room.  MS asks him about DY to which JH says yes, that he and DY are together.  Show ends

Thoughts

This episode as does not surprise me per se.

I guess the next episodes will focus on YH/ET/ES reveal and the implications of this to all.  In addition, MS will now have to adjust to the knowledge that DY/JH are together.  Things that I liked about puppy couple in this episode - JH/DY had another deep talk explaining their sides so the other is able to understand what they are feeling.  When JH took those stairs, MS was not the only problem but that elevator  issue did have some impact on DY and I think she will only take it as long as she can hold JH’s hand.  They made up  which I find is fine because that forehead kiss and hug from JH told DY clearly how he felt about her and that she is precious to him.  However, I do want a couple kiss from them soon.  I did not mind the forehead kiss because that is the one appropriate for that scene, they were also in a very open area where if they were to kiss and DY's parents so happen to drive by it will cause issues knowing how old fashioned they are.

I feel sorry for KS, though he is a mama boy he is a decent sort but it’s a shame that his mother is a mercenary, calculative person.  I really hope that woman gets a hard life lesson, she may think she has won but I am sure she will lose big later.

I have an issue with MY/MS trying to resolve his father’s debts – it’s just completely wrong.  Because I am sure that he is fine in the Philippines doing nothing.

I swear the show has HH as the CF spokesperson for food etc.  as a matter of fact it’s done for all characters though HH has the most.  The scene of her going back to the restaurant as a customer using a credit card to show to jerk that she is fine without him was totally unnecessary and a waste of money.  Why fill his pocket only to be in debt?  That is just stupid, so I don’t blame the character but the powers that be for doing this.

One thing is very clear, that is ET trusts and admires HS a lot, as he was the one that ET went to seek guidance in dealing with this new facet of his life.  HS was not judgmental or negative, HS was considerate, sympathetic and open which is why ET relies on him a lot.  As I stated in an earlier post, HS is ET’s role model in being a man and a father.

I really wish the previews come out sooner instead of Thursday, what about Tuesday/Wednesday.

Gone for now, take care and have a good week everyone. 

Many thanks @chasen8888. I think HS is a wonderful role model for ET and I can see why he admires him. I can’t remember all the words of wisdom (obviously gained from experience) that HS has shared in this drama but I was always impressed with the way he handled issues with his children. He’s a very patient man. I also liked the way that he never blamed his children for deeds that seemed overtly selfish to me but instead tried to understand their perspectives. He’s very good to MY too particularly when he does these sweet thoughtful things for her like promising to visit her father on his memorial anniversary knowing full well how much that would mean to MY. 

By the way, did ET not think about how he would be a father to ES when he marries YH? Hmmm. He didn’t seem to have any fears then. So is he shaken because of what almost happened to ES?

@chasen8888"HS texts ET with some words of advice.  ET finds HS, the men talk about being a parent and how scary it is.  HS talks about wanting to run away and the scary aspects/feelings of being a parent etc. ET says he fears becoming poison to ES, his father, the feelings that he has towards his father etc.  HS reassures him". 

I find this kinda strange and can someone enlighten me pls?

ET is prepared to marry YH and has longed for ES to call him appa but he's not ready to be a father to ES once he knows who ES really is? Is there less responsibility if ES is not his own and he is not afraid of 'poisoning' ES before?

Also, he has already confronted CSW & met CHK to give up on YH/ES yet he's still not ready to face ES? 

I can't wait to see ES reaction if YH/ET are revealing the truth to her - ET being the bio dad and CSW as the foster dad.

47 minutes ago, newyee said:

@chasen8888"HS texts ET with some words of advice.  ET finds HS, the men talk about being a parent and how scary it is.  HS talks about wanting to run away and the scary aspects/feelings of being a parent etc. ET says he fears becoming poison to ES, his father, the feelings that he has towards his father etc.  HS reassures him". 

I find this kinda strange and can someone enlighten me pls?

ET is prepared to marry YH and has longed for ES to call him appa but he's not ready to be a father to ES once he knows who ES really is? Is there less responsibility if ES is not his own and he is not afraid of 'poisoning' ES before?

Also, he has already confronted CSW & met CHK to give up on YH/ES yet he's still not ready to face ES? 

I can't wait to see ES reaction if YH/ET are revealing the truth to her - ET being the bio dad and CSW as the foster dad.

I don’t think it’s as much that ES is really his as guilt and the weight of responsibility hitting him in reality. Her illness and how hard it was for him has brought a different side of parenting to him that he needs to have some time to adjust to. He is so afraid of messing up, and the blood scare brought all his vulnerability to the surface. He loves that little girl more than anything and would do anything for her, but the thought of him doing something to hurt her makes him quake in his boots.. 

@newyee  I think the subs will give us better understanding of that scene, however this is my interpretation of it.  If there is one thing that bothers ET the most its his father in that he loved his father for his humanitarian somewhat self sacrificial nature but at the same time ET resented/somewhat hated him for it as it was at the detrimental expense of his family with him not having a father emotionally or being there for his family like HS.  Sure ET felt he  was confident that he could be a father to ES but that's because he cares a lot for both YH/ES and used HS as a idol of the type of man he wants to be.  However, the fact that ES got seriously sick due to the "blood transfusion" and he could be the cause of her death - scares the heck heck out of him.  Even though it was not his fault, ET still blames himself, the negative feelings that he had/s for his father, he does not want to be the recipient of it from ES as he loves her and he is "her father".  That is why ET is scared, YH/ET felt close to losing ES a child that they love.  Now that ES is okay, he has to readjust his thought process, and his feelings as I have said several times has implications on all direct and indirectly.  Plus this is in a way a new relationship dynamic for them- ET will not be a step father but a father, there will be no distances allowed with the trio. 

As a parent it is expected that you are responsible for another person for most of your adult life in ensuring that that person comes out quality wise - emotionally, physically, spiritually & mentally hale, healthy and all round decent. 

I am not a parent, but I have been around them, so have you, a lot of us have and are parents. From my observation parenthood though for some is great experience its also a very  terrifying one as well for them, its more than 24/7 for some.  I remember watching a scene in which the mom was comfortable doing something, and then all of a sudden she is contacted with someone stating that something happened to her child, the mode that she originally had now changes to fear etc.  There are several situations of this happening to both parents.  I also remember a local case whereby a mother and daughter comes home and were being attacked, the father runs out to protect his family by shooting the attacker but ends up killing his daughter instead.  Can you imagine how traumatized the whole family is after something like that especially the father.  I digress but my point is ET in a way is getting a little reality check as to what it means to be a parent and the associated feelings that go along with it not just the good but the bad/terrifying/scary parts  as well so I understand that he would need a little time to adjust.  ET not being ready to face ES has to do with his own guilt/blame, I think HS advice will help him get over that hurdle.

Other - :)Have you noticed that puppy couple's relationship is in stages - we like each other, we are dating each other, we are holding hands, boyfriend looks out for girlfriend - is caring/considerate, kisses the hand, hugging and forehead kiss:wub:.  The next stage that we want - a believable kiss on the lips:wub: before JJH/CK finds out about YH/ET connection to JH and starts messing things up.

Take care.

Marriage has really helped Lee Sang Woo's (ET) acting.  His wife must be giving him pointers.  I've never seen him this angry and emotional in all his other roles.  So good that he's improving!:blush:

Loved that ET went to CSW sister and threatened that CSW should give up all his paternal rights and when she tells him to give her a reason he says that CSW has done something that will greatly damage Haeah Corp. CSW tell his sister to agree on everything and he will leave for US after taking ES to the amusement park :D . They can't weasel themself out of this since ET will sue CSW otherwise and CSW will end up in jail ^^. Just loved that part of today episode. Also HS and ET heart to heart talk was done really well.

17 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Loved that ET went to CSW sister and threatened that CSW should give up all his paternal rights and when she tells him to give her a reason he says that CSW has done something that will greatly damage Haeah Corp. CSW tell his sister to agree on everything and he will leave for US after taking ES to the amusement park :D . They can't weasel themself out of this since ET will sue CSW otherwise and CSW will end up in jail ^^. Just loved that part of today episode.

@LunkeraThat is what I have been waiting for too. I still have not viewed the episode.... so thank you. Love it 

Not much development with ET/YH, but I am glad to see MS is getting more comfortable with the twins. I just hope discovering DY/JH relationship will not affect their relatioship that much. Maybe MS is smart enough to know that having a family is more valuable and that he can always meet someone else who will like him for himself, the new MS who is emerging like a butterfly from his cocoon. His cold ways melting away because he now has a family who will love him. I think that is why he is so desperate to bring back his dad, so he can have a whole family. Bringing back and forcing his irresponsible father to MY will just make him more miserable because it will never work and his father will just be dependent on him. He has a better family now, a loving and warm family with lots of siblings to boot. He just wants to be loved and the Park family is the best family for him. Thank you HS ...

I'd wish they spent more time on the other relationships rather than waste time on JH-DY-MS, the thing should have been resolved long ago. Maybe add some meat to Hyun-ha's storyline?

I cannot believe My is going to give the coffee store to WAM, I hope when Sun-ha realizes what happened some good feud happens, I'm tired of WAM's greed.

I hope ET returns soon, I understand his internal conflict but I think YH is going through a lot more and my heart is with her, but I'm glad she's standing strong and waiting for ET.

@ajummapunkinssi @chasen8888Appreciate your responses!

Somehow I still feel ET is too emotional to be a (senior) doctor. How does he cope with his patients' deaths? Does he always blame himself? Docs should have seen more life and death cases than any ordinary folks and they should be aware that they are beyond their control in many cases. 

So he's not ready to be a parent to his own child but is willing to risk as a stepfather? JJH has warned him that it's not easy to raise another person's child (that's the only thing I agree with JJH) but ET is not giving it a thought.

ET knows what his dad has done to cause him much pain as a kid so I am sure he will not follow his footstep. So what's his problem when he's ready to be a parent to ES before the blood scare? For HS, SH seems to be born out of wedlock as he 'didn't have the right and unprepared' for parenthood' so I can understand. For ET, It's too dragging and I can't empathise his plight unless he has hated YH/ES all these while. I want more happy moments of ET/YH/ES, please. 

1 hour ago, newyee said:

@ajummapunkinssi @chasen8888Appreciate your responses!

Somehow I still feel ET is too emotional to be a (senior) doctor. How does he cope with his patients' deaths? Does he always blame himself? Docs should have seen more life and death cases than any ordinary folks and they should be aware that they are beyond their control in many cases. 

So he's not ready to be a parent to his own child but is willing to risk as a stepfather? JJH has warned him that it's not easy to raise another person's child (that's the only thing I agree with JJH) but ET is not giving it a thought.

ET knows what his dad has done to cause him much pain as a kid so I am sure he will not follow his footstep. So what's his problem when he's ready to be a parent to ES before the blood scare? For HS, SH seems to be born out of wedlock as he 'didn't have the right and unprepared' for parenthood' so I can understand. For ET, It's too dragging and I can't empathise his plight unless he has hated YH/ES all these while. I want more happy moments of ET/YH/ES, please. 

As a doctor I am sure he has experienced loss and many cases of life and death, he has worked in volunteer cases in countries where access to good medical care are seriously lacking, however, the difference between life and death choices with patients and with your own child are vastly different. As a parent I can’t imagine being in his place. I can’t imagine the feelings he has to be trying to work through and I don’t think it has anything to do with the difference of it being his biological child it not. He was faced with a crisis where he believed he had done harm to his own child (he would have felt that wether it was biological or not with ES) which brought reality to the surface.. I know when I brought my children home from the hospital the happiness and positive feelings I had with them, but I almost lost one of my children one day because of a medical condition. That moment is forever molded in my mind and emotions. That fear of losing them, of making the wrong choice that could have saved them or not.. it brought a reality to me that just daily life did not. I think that’s where he is now. He has been thrown the fact that he is the biological father of a child he didn’t know existed, yes.. he was ready to take he as his own but the shock of the truth was huge, he donated to her possibly poisoning her.. he has no parental rights to her etc.. he has tons of emotions to work through and I think he has every reason to.. I would worry more if he has no emotional reaction to all of it. Although, I do think he should be a little more concerned with her mom because she is having it just as bad if not worse than he is.. 

1 hour ago, newyee said:

As much as I dislike that MY made a deal with WAM, I think MY’s action stem from the time in the past when HS/MY/WAM had that conflict in the shoe store and HS was upset with MY for possibly aggravating the situation for SH. He basically told MY that he can tolerate any offenses against him for the sake of his children’s happiness. I think MY understands what he meant then and is basically acting in the same way hoping that giving in to the covetous MIL would grant SH a certain level of peace and goodwill at home.

Archived