[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

YH already knows what the medical issue is so I suppose she will tell Dr. Kang who is ES’ pediatrician from what she said yesterday. I don’t know how she plans to delay telling ET the diagnosis but he will eventually find out on his own if she doesn’t tell him and I think it’s better that it comes from her. I do understand though that this is a very delicate matter and it’s absolutely incredulous to communicate so maybe YH will need a little time to figure out how to do that. Plus, ES is very sick and she’s also probably furious with CSW for this entire situation. It’s a lot to deal with. Ultimately I hope ET doesn’t figure it out himself and it negatively impacts their relationship.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it amusing and ironic how ET and JH are currently experiencing the same thing in their relationships. The person they love is keeping them in the dark and it’s negatively impacting their relationships in the sense that the men see their unhappiness but don’t exactly know the problem. They’re both guessing. Now, from the newly released clips we see that JH is slowly figuring it out and ET might not be far behind him in figuring out the true issue behind YH and CSW’s behavior. 

I am also quite annoyed by MS in the preview. To me it’s just not right to impose on someone like that even after she’s told him three times already that his advances are unwelcomed. However, I’m more upset now with DY for not sharing any of this with JH. I guess it will be interesting to see if they’ll have their first argument as a couple soon.

13 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I find it amusing and ironic how ET and JH are currently experiencing the same thing in their relationships. The person they love is keeping them in the dark and it’s negatively impacting their relationships in the sense that the men see their unhappiness but don’t exactly know the problem. They’re both guessing. Now, from the newly released clips we see that JH is slowly figuring it out and ET might not be far behind him in figuring out the true issue behind YH and CSW’s behavior. 

I am also quite annoyed by MS in the preview. To me it’s just not right to impose on someone like that even after she’s told him three times already that his advances are unwelcomed. However, I’m more upset now with DY for not sharing any of this with JH. I guess it will be interesting to see if they’ll have their first argument as a couple soon.

Yeah they both should not be trying to figure out anything they should be told at this point.

Tsk tsk ladies whatever ever happen next is on you now.

2 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

ET overheard YH and HS talk at the end and he finds out he's ES bio father. He reveals himself to YH and HS and the episode ends. 6 days wait to next episode :( 

Yeah I seen that but was not sure if he heard next episodes should be fun.

ET knows, typical KDRAMA they had to wait until the end to let the everyone know.  JJH wants to kick ES out of the hospital

Ep 37

• The DNA confirms that ET is ES's father, CSW feeling guilt decides to tell ET & calls him.
  • CSW meets ET giving him a theory as to ES's condition, he is about to tell him the truth but is stopped by YH who takes CSW away from ET.  ET finds what happened strange.
  • YH asks CSW for a reason of his earlier actions, he explains why he did this etc.  YH tells CSW to shut up etc regarding telling ET about ES; YH threatens CSW.  Later YH meets ET telling him sincerely thanks for everything, he asks her for an explanation she does not tell him.  YH's reason for not telling ET is to protect his feeling of guilt regarding ES, to me that reason is not strong enough
  • JH meets WAM at YL Group cafe, she thanks him for his help earlier at the house and escapes.  WAM talks to SH about HS/MY relationship, as well as propose that KS quit his job to open a cafe.  WAM tries to persuade SH to ask for MY's assistance, SH balks at that using a minor explanation and gets out of the conversation. Later SH mentions this to KS who tiredly takes it lightly.
  • ET goes to see CSW using Anna as an excuse, he asks CSW for the truth but he says that ET needs to ask YH.  ET later drops off Anna by ES.
  • CSW drinks, CHK scolds him.  CSW talks about ET, YH and fatherhood, he is in pain/guilt saying he does not deserve to be a father.  CSW says that he will accept whatever punishment that YH gives out which CHK balks at.
  • JH finishes dealing with customers and sees one using a VR goggles, he remember once when DY was using it and came close to him within kissing distance and her moving away nervously he smiles.  Since its her last day, JH wanted to be there to send her off, while waiting at the elevator he speaks to a colleague who told him what MS did to the stairs - better lighting and that DY still fears the elevator.
  • JH comes to the floor only to see MS helping DY leave by taking her things down the stairs.  MS is aware of DY's fears, they talk while going down to which he guesses that DY plans to keep his liking her a secret from JH which I think he is grateful for.
  • JH at the desk, a bit disturbed he later meets DY telling her he wanted to be there for her send off.  DY is okay with it, JH is a bit awkward with her as he wants to asks some questions but hesitates.  It seems that JH suspects something.
  • CK/JJH talk about JH/DY/MS, he is being an opportunist while she is calm leaving it in ET's hands to investigate JH's background, saying that she will wait.
  • ET picks up YH's bag, he tries to find out from JH if something is going on with YH, to which he says no. JH asks the same about DY, ET says the same.  Both men are keeping to the agreement to tell the other if there is an issue with their girlfriend.  JH cannot shake the feeling as to why DY left YL Group, MS liking someone, MS helping DY by carrying her things down the stairs and is troubled.
  • At the hospital YH/intern are getting scolded by the senior doctor who get scolded by ET in return.  ET carries on the act with YH until they reach his office.  ET asks YH about the birth father, YH gets out of that office quick.
  • In ES's room, Dr Kang/YH looks on and talk about ES, the doctor leaves.  YH mentally tells ES to hold on a little bit more and that she does not know how she will live if anything happens to ES.  HS/MY comes in and sees YH crying, she leans on HS & comforts her while MY looks on.
  • ET/Dr Kang talk about ES's health where she states that it is strange that both YH, CSW requested a liver biopsy.  ET is now more disturbed he calls YH, on his way the intern gives him a document to give YH. It's about the Transfusion graft etc., he sees it and drops it off her office.  ET seeing YH demands an explanation but she comes up with excuses not saying anything.
  • SH finds out from JH that WAM was at the cafe, she starts thinking.  Later SH talks to WAM who is upset with her for not being opportunistic.  SH tells her that she had no intention of doing so from MY and asks that WAM waits.  To me she is being a leech off other people's things, why should she benefit and she spoils KS too much.  KS needs to work hard, work on a whole is not easy, let the man grow up.
  • MS comes by the home for dinner while YH rushes out of the house to go back to work after packing some clothes. MY tells them that she will visit ES later to which MS reminded her of not liking kids much, MY says that she likes ES and finds her fun.
  • YH looks over patients when JJH calls her.  JJH overhears a doctor/nurse talking about YH/ET's relationship which she does not like.  JJH comes by ES's room to see MY playing with her,  YH comes in a bit they all greet each other.  JJH more or less tells YH that ES should leave the hospital, due to rumors etc. she gives her a card.
  • At home, JJH talks about moving ES from the hospital which ET objects to, she states her reasons, CK agrees with her.
  • ES has a fever, ET now suspects that he may be the father, he calls his mentor regarding this and the possibility of it happening.  ET sees YH asking her again to tell him but she asks that he wait and when the results comes out she will tell him then.
  • MY is in YH's room picking up things for ES, she sees the DNA test result in the drawer.  MY does a bit of feeler question to find out if SH knows but she does not.  MY does the same with HS and tells him that ET is ES's father etc. questions as to how to deal with this and the possibilities which has him shocked.
  • JJH asks to meet MY and tells her that she wants ES out of the hospital and why as well as ending YH/ET's relationship.  MY is subtle in her response to JJH, gets upset and leaves.
  • JH knows that HH is going on a date with stiff boss, HH is happy but ignoring JH's warnings.  MS knows of stiff boss reputation, JH calls again but HH brushes him off.  JH decides to go meet HH/stiff boss at their date destination, MS decides to help out with JH talking on the way.
  • HH/Stiff boss arrives at the place to which they see a woman/man together.  Stiff boss speaks a few words to the woman while HH looks on, the lady leaves HH speaks briefly saying that its possible that they were friends but she finds out that it is his fiancee.  HH gets upset, stiff boss insists that HH goes to meet his friends.  Have to wait till ep 38 to see her response, be HH kick his a-s/ tell him off HH style.
  • HS knowing the truth about ET/ES is worried about all of them, he leaves for the hospital.  ET sees ES and starts blaming himself of the possibility of being ES's father and her condition.
  • ET comes out and sees HS going to YH, he follows.  HS confronts YH about ET being ES's dada, YH asks him how he knew and is trying to state her case as to why she has not said anything.  YH asks that they wait for the result and then she will tell ET everything, too late ET overheard all and comes out.  Show ends.

Thoughts

What a sort of brutal way to end the show because now there is the anticipation with the fact that ET knows the truth.  We want the text preview NOW, please see what you can do everyone.  As we all predicted once it becomes public there is going to be huge implications for all.  For the past 4 episodes I have an issue with both YH/DY;  in that women are known to be good communicators and are always upset with our other half when they do not say/tell us anything that is of concern/happening to them.  Yet here they are doing the same thing and what they are hiding does have impact on the other person.  The excuse is they love the person and want to protect them from this pain. To me its not protecting that person per se, not only love but relationships are also about compromise and sharing all that is good and bad. Hence the marriage vows - for better for worse etc, if you are not sharing but shielding are you in a relationship of the heart?  YH/.DY tends to keep a lot of things inside which includes sadness etc for the sake of one that they care for but that is not the right way. Despite this, I do not think these couples are going to break up, however they have a lot to think about, explaining and making up to do with their respective partners.  

In this episode we also confirmed from ET that he knows about YH''s IVF and CSW's infertility issues.

I find it interesting that the first person apart from YH/CSW to know is MY and I think it is the right person because she is not close minded as others and is a considerate person.  MY loves HS and his family, one of the most touching scenes were when they were in bed and HS is sleepingly comforting her and the next day tells her that they should greet her father to which she agrees to.  You get why she loves HS and the same with him for her with her later action.  MY protects HS family and he protects, comforts and gives strength to her.

JJH/CK are so pretentious as to appearances/image especially at the hospital.  However sh-t happens when you least expect it and that it definitely going to be so once they find out about ET/ES/YH.

Another fact came out is as we predicted Stiff boss is a player and so is his fiancee.  This couple does not care for the other but are marrying due to the social circle standing etc.  I want HH to walk out and end up meeting JH/MS, it felt nice to see them going to the rescue like that with JH worrying about his twin. MS is getting close to them without realizing  that he wants to keep his distance.  If there is to be a relationship between him/HH, its likely to be closer to the end of the drama.

By the way before the end of the drama we need at least 2 more good kisses ET/YH and JH/DY.

Have a good week, take care and gone for now

@chasen8888, many thanks for your summary. I was refreshing the page for almost an hour now for your post. ^_^ Wow, so ET really did find out on his own but got confirmation from overhearing YH/HS conversation. So sad that these men are treated this way by their “better” halves as they see it. 

I also love how MY is adapting to HS’ family. I love her moments with ES and the way ES calls her “pretty grandma”. 

Thanks everyone for your thanks.  FYI, it takes me roughly 1 1/2 hr to write the recaps as I try to ensure that all the key contents are there, along with thoughts - with the hope of being objective as a kdrama addict, editing and grammar.  Of late, while watching I write the key points on a post it or paper just to remember and have it covered here.

While I am glad that ET now knows, I am hopeful that the test result for ES does not come with that illness for her because there will be a lot of self blame by ET which he should not do, this was caused by CSW's actions.  I hope its something else that is not life threatening and has a cure, this illness was a possible cause, though I am no doctor there could be others that we do not know about.  ES is a sweet child and that in itself will be very devastating for YH/ET and us to lose her.  I believe they want the viewer to see a happy ending not a sad one, plus something like this would take a lot of episodes, there is only 13 left.  Its the 6 day wait for us and  ET/YH/MY/HS waiting that is going to be torturing, after the results, then I want both ET/YH to tell their family about he being ES's father.  What I do know is that CSW will be leaving their lives after this, ET is more than likely going to make some demands e.g. ES goes on his family register, immediate marriage for them.  Complete removal of ES from Haea's connection which could be a bit difficult as CSW through guilt would insistent on them keeping it as a gift to ES/YH after all they have been through with him & his family.  However, what this does, is leave the possibility of ET sticking to he/YH having ES alone / 1 child only due to the side effects and challenges related to his blood, he is going to be scared as heck.

Lets try to be optimistic & hopeful regarding ES's health.

Gone for now.

@chasen8888, always grateful for your recap and amazing insight. Again, thanks!!

CSW is total as*****e and should not be forgiven for his actions. My hope is that ES will be healthy and happy at the end. Really love MY and despise JJH and her husband.

Have a wonderful week to all!!

ET always cared alot by kids cant imagine what he is going to do for his daughter but also I know he will feel terrible either way since its natural too.

I hope YH makes him feel better because  she knows is not his fault at all.

I can understand why it is hard for YH to tell ET. it is a big shock for her to, and she need time to proses the news. She properly have a hard time putting into word the new revelation. also she have a tendency to work on her own and not share what she think as we saw regarding her past marriage.  Of course I agree ET have every right to know, he is smart so he would know eventually. But now he knows, and I hope they have e nice conversation about this. In the end I think this gonna make them stronger as a couple. The one I am most worried about is ES. I hope it is not a life treating illness. also how are they gonna tell her so she understand. she is seeing CSW as her dad....   

Ok with the subs I see hwy she wanted to wait she was just  thinking of ET  thinking the would not be able to handle it so she just wanted to wait for the results on ES.

Yeah I think ET going to be pretty devastated that it he feels its his fault because she is sick.

I'm sooooo tired of this trash between DY and MS. If you really want to clear things, you must be strong, not a weakly like DY. Yes, she says "I don't like you, I have a boyfriend" but she's so stupid to answer the phone when he calls and go to see him when he asks her. WTF???? and all of this without telling JH. In fact, in the last 6 episodes we have mor DY/MS than DY/JH.  Seriously, it sucks and their relationship is totally stuck.

Ep 36 & 37 w/Eng subs:

Aye yi yi ~ The last three episodes are textbook makjang drama 101.

We have hidden sterility, hidden parentage, abandoned kids, rich people acting like butt-heads and our noble poor people, divorcees and thwarted lovers, scheming mother-in-laws, dopey sons, put-upon daughter-in-laws, AND ding-ding-ding, the winner's bell:  fatal illness!!!  This one really went overboard:  fatal illness in a child character TRIGGERED by an unknown parental relationship!  It may be a new twist!

- RichIdiot tries to steal a kid that isn't his so everyone won't learn it isn't his and that he is infertile.  He's truly is an idiot. Who 'steals' sperm?  And the donor learns the 'samples' were conveniently 'lost?' 

As usual, everyone is shouting and yelling and plain loud-talking about stuff that should never ever (chultay-an-nay) be said.  How can there ever be a 'surprise' when EVERYONE within a one-block-radius can HEAR what is being yelled?  

The truth will be known to everyone when the test results are 'good,' else HotDoc will be so upset?  About what?  His 'lost' sperm sample wasn't lost but hijacked?   How long ago?  CuteKiddo's age + 40 weeks!  It's simple arithmetic.  

But for me, the most difficult plot point is RichPlayer having a serious interest in DimWitDaughter.  There is no way that evil, plotting scammer would fall for a simpering-ninny-with-a-heart like DimWitDaughter.  His type is BratDaughter's PlayBoyBoss' fiance.  

YES.  NastyNoona will love her new little niece in The End.

Yes.   DweebSon will be running the cafe, free of rent.

Yes.  They will all be singing kumbaya in The End, but we will have to wait 12 more episodes.

Archived