[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

1 hour ago, gracebkk said:

@jellybing2009 but JW probably respects what BY wants, and seeing how the whole department is trying to find out who his girlfriend is, I'm guessing BY still wants to keep it a secret. Let's see how long that'll last... hahahhahaa :D 

In my opinion, there is another reason why JW doesn't reveal the identity of his girlfriend. He witnessed so many times how BY was ridiculed by the staff. They love gossiping which is really annoying. To me, they are so indiscreet that I couldn't stand them so many times. On the other hand, they try themselves to hide things from the others (the identity of the ex-husband, the problem with the mother and wife aso) which proves that they would like to have some privacy as well. Since they gossip and try to dig info, this underlines their selfishness and lack of sensitivity.   

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna make Dr. Ye advice robot memes. Like "Let me give you some advice. Hug me."  

Edit: I thought of another cringey one: "There's no Ye Line. There's only You're Mine." 

And here, for the robot computer lols "Did you turn me off?  And on again?" 

@jeijei that would be lovely!if you can make lots of memes it will be fun!:D

Thinking that we only have 4 episodes more is kinda sad...its been a while since i last enjoyed a drama as this one..hope that LYB and LJH will have other dramas soon...and JDY too..

@jeijei That would be awesome!!! Post them here.

Watching Pretty Noona but thinking about Ye seonsaengnim! :lol: This mv summarises eps12 perfectly ! He completely killed me every time he failed at mind control.... I need the bts on it 

Usually i hate mon .. but now i can't wait for Mon to come faster .. the waiting game is killing me haha ... i didnt watch other drama right now , just for this at the moment.  Though i know this will be the happy ending drama, i still worried the writer will do any twist last min :lol:

i am very scared of open ending , and also writernim make BY with neither Dr Ye nor MH .. ( watched too many these kind of drama become phobia :lol:)

The mv is very nice done,  i like how BY & JW communicate,  be open and nothing to hide and always exchange thoughts.. as if one person keep hiding their emotion or thoughts or feeling ,  the partner will be suffering on keep guessing his/her thoughts , and wonder around..

Yeline ship please keep sailing !

11 hours ago, triplem said:

@jellybing2009 JDY’s role was initially offered to Gong Myung who declined as i Guess it would be a repeat of his role in Drinking Solo ( GM was the second lead there ) . Personally I don’t think they change direction halfway. I do think he (LJH )is the intended male lead as mentioned on sites like Drama Fever. In SK , I read on a twitter handle that LJH ranks within top 30 brand reputation in April. He did have some pretty high profile projects (Secret Forest & Along With The Gods) , so I hope he will continue to get some good roles in the future. Also really like JDY here as MinHo. He’s doing a great job. I loved him in School 2017. 

lol.. somebody should have told me before that this role was given to Gong Myung.. i would have known then adn there .. this is second lead role :( GM is blanket second lead everywhere.. and don't think he has reached that status to be the main lead :(

you get a good actor and this is what happens.. its so hard to know if he is an important character or not

RIP MH - BY :(

@triplem , @ELlovelyz thanks for sharing goodies. The BTS pics are cute. Plus that video montage and VO of all the best aspects of JW with BY in episode 12 all relived in a nice short MV clip. OOOOOH very well done. I am so happy they have it for us to watch on repeat.

YEAH NW finally gets a NEW lovely blue alligator shirt that is not a polo shirt! 

@jellybing2009 and @enigmatic_zephy Yeah I recall the casting news for Gong Myun for the role of MH and he declined it. He is a great rising actor but the current actor is doing a great job as MH. YESH I agree that this would have been too similar but not EXACTLY the same as his role as second lead in Drinking Solo as he was sweet there. The news was all about it when they were casting. Plus it doesn't dawn on us to write about who rejected the role in the mIdst of enjoying a drama. LOL.   If you look at page 1 of this thread @RPM posted that Gong Myun rejected the role accepted by Jang Dong Yoon.

Happy Weekend everyone ! 

2 more days to go for Mon .. ( never ever so looking forward to Mon before)

i don't know why ppl were commented about low ratings for this drama ? i thought TVN is a cabled tv channel and rating is not so competitive ?

Each character here has a unique habit / line that we could remember and relate ..

and i think all of them suit that character so much.. eg LJH , i couldn't remember much of his previous project but this time i can relate him to " May i give u an advice " hahha ,  and LYB also i will remember her of fanning her hands while crying and a girl that keep have imagination ..  Defcon the undecisive man  , and JDY with his famous line " just a lie"   haha

When i started to watch this drama ,  i didnt know who is the male lead .. i thought was JDY , but i like  LJH , so i hope that Dr Ye is the main lead in this drama .. ( no offense to JDY fans) .  I just hope that this drama will have a happy ending for all character ..  then can give us a good memory ..

:):heart:

I'm all hurt  for My Minho :bawling:He doesn't deserve this hurting. Why writer need to made him suffer. 

Why am I all alone here why there's no one from TeamMinho:bawling:

I'm not gonna write anything for now until the end. 

In case JDY oppa visit this site -'''Oppa I'm here for you .

Min ho❤

Shin Min Ho ❤ 

You who forgot poetry.........You who forgot...................

Min ho ❤

Shin Min Ho❤

Oh @RPM I am sorry you feel like that. Sending some hugs.

@Nodame Finally an alligator that won't drop off !!! Can Nam Woo have a real happy ending with Mi Rae? they clearly still like each other. Gosh to be saddled by your family's debts seems to kill of all hope.

Honestly you never how this drama will end. But I agree @jellybing2009 , an open ending will kill me.

Spoiler

One of the dramas with bad memories for me was Cheese in the Trap.I bring that up as that was clearly one where the love triangle was at the centre of the drama, and it came to a point where first lead hardly had any screen time towards the end , even though the OTP did sail for a while. Though she did not end with up with 2nd lead ,  we were left with an ending subject to interpretation where the OTP was concerned.

I actually understand why some prefer Min Ho to end up with BY , and have a disconnect with Dr Ye. The problem lies in this writer's development of her first male leads. She often makes them a little distant and unapproachable. In fact in this drama Ye is already a lot more accessible and was never a jerk. If you have seen Drinking Solo , there is a reason why they called Ha Seok Jin's character Premium Trash ( he remained arrogant & trashy all the way). Even I had a hard time liking him and the way the OTP got together was quite abrupt relative to this. The female lead there was also not as likeable as BY. I was often annoyed.  So my take is that some relate to Min Ho better , not because we know more of him , but because we have been shown his story as opposed to Dr Ye where more of his past  was told rather then shown to the audience. 

Love the gang!!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

LJH must be very comical in real life too...see all his poses

@triplem @RPM I never felt that SMH was the main lead, although he was introduced so early. To me, he was quite annoying from the start. I don't really mind the rejection as such, he had the right to turn her down. However SMH was never genuine with BY in the first place. The fact that he lied to her about poetry gives us a clue that he was just wearing a mask. He took advantage of BY's goodness and he knew somehow that she had feelings for him... he accepted it until it was too much for him to handle. To me, that's SMH's major flaw. He is wearing a mask all the time hence he is totally disconnected with his feelings. His jokes "I'm kidding" underline that he has problem to distinguish appearance and reality. In all his jokes, especially towards BY, there is always a dash of truth. He is intentionally confusing people as he fears to show his true personality and his heart. Since he has problems to distinguish the seeming and real, he is not entirely aware of the impact of his words and actions.

Yes, SMH is neglected by his own family but in that case, he should have been more appreciating to BY's good gestures which he didn't. But maybe the reason was that he couldn't perceive BY's kindness as real and genuine as he is not able to separate illusion and reality.  Nevertheless, the moment she confessed, SMH was quite rude the way he rejected her. This scene reveals that SMH has no idea what love is. He is still like a child. Even years later, he hadn't grown up one bit. He still behaved like a child (rolling on the floor aso) in order to get his parents' attention and his parents to fulfill his wish (in the earlier episodes). SMH didn't just use BY's good intention, he kept ridiculing her at her work place. He was so often mean, although I have to say, I am wondering if he truly realized the real impact of his words and actions. Yes, he has changed but not enough for me. He is still self-centered... he really believes that once he confesses, BY will accept him because she shows some concern about him. Here, he is not able to see that BY only considers him as a friend. Her feelings have changed and one of the reasons for this is the rejection and what happened in college. The fact that BY believed that SMH was the one who ruined her reputation was quite a blow to her face... SMH thought, it was not really worth it to clear the misunderstanding. Even years later, SMH didn't see the need to clear another misunderstanding... Fortunately, his friend confessed this time. Because the misunderstanding lasted so long, BY was able to move on. Time is the reason why SMH can not be with BY in my opinion. Not only he missed the timing but he never thought, time was important. TIME HAD PASSED ON.

BY was rejected twice but we can see many differences by comparing them:

- JY loved her but he didn't want to repeat the same mistake

- SMH didn't think that he loved her or he didn't love her back then (we can not be so sure about his feelings as he is really hard to read)

- However, the biggest difference is that once Dr. Ye rejected her, he somehow regretted it quite quickly. JYW knew very well what his rejection would mean to BY but what he didn't think about was his own pain. Striking is that JYW acted quickly on his change of heart and actually thought, BY would need some time before she accepts him. He just asked her for a second chance.

YJW reminds me a lot of Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. He is often misunderstood and unlike all the others, he is very sensitive and he is a righteous person. I mean, his "advices" are spot on but I can understand why people have problems with him, as they are put in a terrible situation. They see JYW as condescending and know-all but the truth is that they were all misbehaving, disrespectful, gossiping aso. JYW doesn't beat around the bush but with BY by his side, he has softened. He was distant in the beginning because he had suffered so much from gossips and talking behind backs hence I can understand his mistrust. Moreover, in the beginning their behaviors confirmed his mistrust. He saw in BY a person who was going through a similar experience hence he took her side.

I would like the ending to be like that: BY becomes for real this time the best employee of this hospital as she is able to get a real job at the hospital. Park who looked down on her in the beginning and was even jealous is behaving differently.    

23 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

YJW reminds me a lot of Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. He is often misunderstood and unlike all the others, he is very sensitive and he is a righteous person. I mean, his "advices" are spot on but I can understand why people have problems with him, as they are put in a terrible situation. They see JYW as condescending and know-all but the truth is that they were all misbehaving, disrespectful, gossiping aso. JYW doesn't beat around the bush but with BY by his side, he has softened. He was distant in the beginning because he had suffered so much from gossips and talking behind backs hence I can understand his mistrust. Moreover, in the beginning their behaviors confirmed his mistrust. He saw in BY a person who was going through a similar experience hence he took her side.

I would like the ending to be like that: BY becomes for real this time the best employee of this hospital as she is able to get a real job at the hospital. Park who looked down on her in the beginning and was even jealous is behaving differently.    

I loved your post. So glad you are watching this. You explained it a lot better than I could. Yes, coming to think of it Ye does remind me of Mr Darcy. I personally felt all his advice was just him pointing out the truth as well. I like a person who is like that because there is no second guessing to how he thinks or feels. He may be aloof but he is not insincere. My thoughts on Min Ho will remain the same as what I said in a post i made earlier

Spoiler
On 03/05/2018 at 8:13 AM, triplem said:

For me it would not have made a difference as well because it’s obvious where BY’s heart lies. In some ways i feel this is for the best because that night would always remain special to both JW & BY. Having gone through so much heartache in the past , they both deserve that uninterrupted magical moment. BY’s expression and her words “ I’m so happy”  were priceless . I won’t want to take that away from her. 

Min Ho’s not a bad fella , but he’s still very much a kid to me who has yet to find his life’s path. He’s doing this because his parents expect him to. But what are his dreams? What does he really want ? The last I remember he told his parents to open a cafe for him to run. Is that what he really wants or a way to escape his parents wishes? So I think it’d be nice to see the writer touch on this issue & see him grow up in this area. If anything he needs to be financially independent & not rely on his parents. 

For me BY is in a completely different station in life . She’s been working 3 years. Trying secure a full time position. She’s at the point where dating & marriage is possible. She’s matured & level headed. Sure she may get all giggly & do supposedly silly things when she’s in love, but haven’t we all? I can remember the euphoria of liking someone & then realising that they like you back. 

I know there has been talk about JW’s supposed lack of growth . But there’s nothing terribly bad about him that warrants big changes.  That man is said to be uninterested in others but they don’t see the things he does without announcing to the world. He didn’t want to take over the chief’s position. He is competent at work & is fair to the employees ( remember how he pointed out the unfair work distribution) . He’s self aware - quick to admit his faults . I was so moved when he spoke to that boy who refused to get treatment.

I’ve been on the Ye line from day one because I’d rather  date a man who buys his own car over one who’s parents bought for him any day. But of course what’s more important here is that BY’s affections now lie with JW , and it’s has been beautifully reciprocated.

Apart from her securing a full time position , my hope is also for her to go back to poetry writing. It'd be a nice for the drama to end this on a positive note with her reading out a poem that she has written.

More bts photos!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Looks like filiming has ended 

filming ended already..?!?!? :((( mannn.. i'm suddenly sad :( that means no more bts pics uploaded by the cast.. :( i hope all of them had a great time filming this drama & hopefully they all stay close for years to come :) they all did a great work with this drama! i couldn't have asked for more (for now :) ). now... if only tvn can release more bts videos or anything else ep 13 or 14 related. now.. :D 

@triplem Thanks for the compliment.:) I started watching this drama very late so that I marathoned it which I don't regret because the evolution of the characters is very present in my mind. I would like to add another observation about SMH and JYW: their reaction, when it comes to poetry. Actually, the poetry plays a major role in this drama. Everything evolves around it. So when SMH saw the poetry book from BY, he said that she was cool and gave the impression that he liked poetry. Due to that, BY perceived him in a different light. He was sensitive aso. Then he told her later that he hated poetry. Obviously he lied to her. From my point of view, poems made him uncomfortable because poetry expresses very deep feelings and emotions and through words, you perceive a certain sense of reality. To me, it looks like poetry was able to unveil his mask, his lack of emotions aso. Dr. Ye had the total opposite reaction. When he found the poem on the ground, he was moved emotionally. It made him realize that there are still people who are sensitive and genuine.   

Am I the only one who doesn't feel sorry for min ho? I mean he deserves that karma. It's not even comparable to how he ridiculed boyoung back in college and also at work. He never even was once sorry about any of it? And no one called him out for being such a jerk. I want karma to make him realize that. 

17 hours ago, Nodame said:

@triplem , @ELlovelyz thanks for sharing goodies. The BTS pics are cute. Plus that video montage and VO of all the best aspects of JW with BY in episode 12 all relived in a nice short MV clip. OOOOOH very well done. I am so happy they have it for us to watch on repeat.

YEAH NW finally gets a NEW lovely blue alligator shirt that is not a polo shirt! 

@jellybing2009 and @enigmatic_zephy Yeah I recall the casting news for Gong Myun for the role of MH and he declined it. He is a great rising actor but the current actor is doing a great job as MH. YESH I agree that this would have been too similar but not EXACTLY the same as his role as second lead in Drinking Solo as he was sweet there. The news was all about it when they were casting. Plus it doesn't dawn on us to write about who rejected the role in the mIdst of enjoying a drama. LOL.   If you look at page 1 of this thread @RPM posted that Gong Myun rejected the role accepted by Jang Dong Yoon.

lol..

or on the other hand, she really liked Gong Myun in DS so wanted to give him a lead role.. but then he declined.. making MH the lead hero :)

but i realize its too late..

next week will be around MH handling the truth, still proposing, getting rejected.. to put closure on it and BY getting her full time position

and second last episode they may start touching upon BY and poetry (you who forgot poetry i guess) .. if she can make it a more permanent part of her life..

and last ep will go in wrapping up things

or i don' tknow.. if someone could pull LIVE here

1 hour ago, kdrama archive said:

Am I the only one who doesn't feel sorry for min ho? I mean he deserves that karma. It's not even comparable to how he ridiculed boyoung back in college and also at work. He never even was once sorry about any of it? And no one called him out for being such a jerk. I want karma to make him realize that. 

ah!.. really

what did MH do that deserves these strong words? He deserves what exactly? more like BY deserved what she got in college?

How exactly did he ridicule BY? If he wanted he could have rejected and made fun of her in front of the entire school... consciously use adn throw her.. not at all bring her into his social club.. 

BUT he did nothing.. for all of her improper behavior, he was very very nice to her..

He even let her believe that he was the one to tell on her to allow her to hate him and make the heartbreak easy for her.. in addition to not ruining her and NW's relationship...

You are blindfolded by your bias (of perspective).. to not even put the sequence of events right (at least get the events right and then give your reasoning)

@triplem ❤❤❤Thanks for understanding. It's not first time for me to be alone in thread . I really don't know why my heart always choose different side from others. 

For drinking solo--there I also like gong myung character more than main lead. But from the very starting it was clear who's main lead .Even the writer show more chemistry always with second leads specially this drama writer. But this time it's really...

I have no problem from jae wook but I can't bear this what have writer done with Min Ho. I'm still hoping even if there's no hope they endup together.

So many viewers pointing out all the negative fact of Min Ho but I really can't see any flaw in him.

30867934_574218409624630_874257552208664

30841405_603738493317662_616798388933256

30603208_168553773809738_818921835235115

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXtmTsAaHtN7yM_8hS1ssnew-a-poem-a-day-1.png?fit=840,420tumblr_p7d9e8z2RK1venx4qo7_250.gif

@RPM  Just hang in there you're not alone...:wub:

Sometimes it's not what you see or understand with your eyes but that which you feel within your heart.

MH for me is a work in progress not unlike a lot of us whom don't say or do the right things but it's not because we don't want too.  He came across as arrogant and immature in this writers creation of his character.  And it's easy to see why so many see JW as the perfect choice for BY.

But not everyone...

MH I admit has his flaws and I also agree that he started out wearing a mask for what ever reasons, family, insecurity, lack of trust or maybe just pure fear of placing his heart in the hands of another.  Afraid to love or believe that he could be loved for just being himself.  It's not always so easy for some to step out on faith when they have none.  Nor is it easy to know or understand where one is unless you yourself have been where they have been and are...

MH is thoughtful in so many ways too.  His character isn't strong and forthright like JW but when he realized that BY was hurting time and time again like planning that trip to the beach just to relieve her heart even knowing where her heart was and that her eyes were not on him but it didn't matter.  For when you really love someone their happiness is what matters most.  He gets that!

When BY realizes a classmate has fulfilled her dreams of being a poet and while holding that book wishing she had followed her dreams too.  MH quickly reminds her that it's never to late that she could and should follow her hearts desire in being a poet starting right now.  He lifts her up and no it's not loud and proud like JW but still he is that hand that gently lifts her up every chance he is given...

I guess what moved me most was his effort in trying to get that book for BY and how proud he was in finally finding it.   I just could feel his excitement when that man pulled it out and dusted it off handing it to him.  It was as if he had found a long lost treasure and like a child couldn't wait to give it to her.  I guess that's why my heart was running with him every step of the way even though I knew JW would get there first before realizing that she had already got the call and my heart just sank for MH...

When he finally found the courage to speak up and step out after thinking and rethinking over and over in his mind a million times because when your afraid to put yourself out there.  Afraid of rejection or being misunderstood that's what we humans do.  We live in constant doubt in fear and in the shadows...

Perfection he isn't but there is value is someone who loves another even in silence.  Even his words Cry Baby and his teasing which is often misunderstood isn't about being cruel.  Often teasing or actions that boys even men do isn't about what they don't feel but instead what they do feel.  Love or showing love isn't so simple for everyone and MH is proof of that.  Yet he continues to be molded and the end result is up to him. What will he do now?

Even now with JW & BY being together it won't be easy to breathe around them still I hope he doesn't give up and for once takes off that mask completely and steps out of all those fears and just goes for it and when given a chance even if it means failure.  That he takes on the courage to say what was trapped within his heart.  Not for BY's sake but instead for his sake...

When it comes to love you may only have one chance and no matter the price or risk to oneself. 

Never give up without even trying.

Because you and your heart deserve that chance...

@USAFarmgirl  You said what I have been thinking about MH so beautifully :) The fact that he searched high and low for the book speaks volum about his love for BY. so do not look forward to see his heartbreak next week... wonder what the writer have in store for him -_- 

Archived