Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

4 hours ago, Nodame said:

MH-yeah he lost his timing with BY. He is overanalyzing her concern (for a friend) as her interest in him. She no longer does her grand gestures to him as she did when she liked him. She is comfortable in his friendship being herself. Now he is doing things out of character and being attentive and thoughtful.

IE Wanting to get the book of poems (out of print) for her and making a rsvp to a hotel buffet as she has never gone to one (remembering an earlier conversation they had together).

Taking her to the beach and deferring to her for lunch choices/even though he dissed fireworks, he immediately bought some when BY said she liked them

Seeking her out after hearing she was no longer going to get a chance at being FT, he was being a homebody but came out to find her drinking alone outside sitting on a bench

After she was chastised by all in the volunteer outing, he covered her with his jacket (at the beach too) and had a warm can for her hands and to drink (very sweet gesture)

But his mean moments do make me remind me he is growing as a person and maturing before our eyes (as we all saw coming)

Tripping BY

Revealing things she did  not want others to know especially JW--her liking MH

Showing her body gag pic (he took it after she fell after he startled her)

He rejected rather unkindly when she confessed to liking him in college

Despite all that, she still helped cheer him up---when his parents forgot his bday (then he is remembering she celebrated his bday with him during college)

She showed favor cleaning his car

She gave him the HUGE gimbap during for meal for study session

Constantly sending him poems (but he was rude about telling her he hated poems)

MH will have heartbreak, but it is only fair as he has been relative carefree (not sure of his past dating) but though sad for him for his rejection /heartbreak. But he needs to get it as we have been learning about the other staff's history. I like that their lives are incorporated. We prob for the last few episodes find out more about DB and in particular MC as well as JY?

That's what i want to tell people who are pity with MH because they feel MH doesn't deserve it all, are they didn't know how much BY like him at uni and he rejected her just because a poem that she really love, he didn't like it when they meet again, mean to her and else..he just admits he like her when she has move on and love JW...BY is really mature and bubly girl that she can be a friend with MH now despite their past story.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, triplem said:

Nope. But female lead like BY also Wanted to be chilled & keep relationship under wrap. But male lead had no chill ...he did all The uncharacteristic things like JW , even joining the team hiking event much to his colleagues surprise. 2nd male lead moped a bit for a couple of episodes but was alright . Like Min Ho he needed to find his own direction in life etc

edit - sorry they did but it was because both male lead & second lead were brothers & there was this big rift btwn them . But rest assured they do get back at the end.  This was a major contention that I had about drinking solo!

@bella1025 Even though second male lead in drinking solo was a real sweet heart ( he was actually a lot more likeable then the male lead Premium Trash ) , he was never the end game because the female lead’s feelings were for male lead. He gave a lot of support to her but she made it clear that she was not for him. So don’t worry. My only hope is that the writer does not mess up the last two episodes the way she did with Drinking Solo. Here at least JW & BY has many sweet moments together & he never treated her like trash & is completely sure of his feelings. 

@jellybing2009 Tagging you here as i know u read my post , and I just realised I was wrong In my previous post 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, jeijei said:

This is not a slice of life. If it is, then where is my Dr. Ye? It's usually a Mr. No.  

Lemme just find my Dr. Ye at the nearest hospital... :tongue: But I'd be perfectly fine if I bump into Mr. Decisive Ha Suk Jin. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, triplem said:

@stroppyse Yes, you do know my love For these tsundere males. I was giggling like mad especially at BY’s reactions. And then completely melted into a puddle at all his cute antics. 

Can’t wait to go back today to watch the subbed episode. 

MH is the tsundere in this drama you know ?

JW was always nice to the girl were MH was mean until he realise he like her.

JW can be a kind of beta if when his ex come in the picture (if she does), BY is the one to protect him.

• LOL 4

1 minute ago, yusefull said:

MH is the tsundere in this drama you know ?

JW was always nice to the girl were MH was mean until he realise he like her.

JW can be a kind of beta if when his ex come in the picture (if she does), BY is the one to protect him.

Lol! Ok maybe my understanding of the tsundere male is not right. But I think I somewhat classified JW as such because he was seen as cold & unapproachable at least where his fellow colleagues are concerned. MH for me was just whiny ( my apologies to all ) from the get go. So how do I classify the somewhat cool reserved male lead? I think that’s the sort of male lead I seem to be attracted to judging by all the dramas that I become emotionally invested in. Is there a term for it? 

• Like 2

@triplem thanks

Actually at this point , really depend on how writernim how she wanted to wrap up . This drama is so close to my environment as i am working in Hospital as well .. haha . I like it because it doesnt go very dramatic , and very close the our daily life .. usually normal story doesn't get high profile like others .. but i dun go for rating , those drama i like usually doesn't has high ratings . This drama doesnt give those dark side of the life from the beginning ,  so i guess writernim will do a good wrap in a positive ways .. By using poem to describe the character stories are very interesting, all the poems are chosen so perfectly , the one that NW narrated , is so near to reality ..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol! Ok maybe my understanding of the tsundere male is not right. But I think I somewhat classified JW as such because he was seen as cold & unapproachable at least where his fellow colleagues are concerned. MH for me was just whiny ( my apologies to all ) from the get go. So how do I classify the somewhat cool reserved male lead? I think that’s the sort of male lead I seem to be attracted to judging by all the dramas that I become emotionally invested in. Is there a term for it? 

A good guy with some problem and a hard time expressing himself.

• LOL 2

next week preview with sub ..  seems like the chief is not a bad person .. he is some one need to be treated ? and the holding hands scene , does it indicate that they announce to the  colleague in work place ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still can't believe how stupid Dr. Ye can be when he's in love.... Where did he hide this side of him for such a long time :joy: This is so beyond my imaginations.. I thought he would be a caring boyfriend but IT'S ACTUALLY MORE THAN THAT ! :joy:

I pity Min Ho when he knows about this (hope you find your girl at the end and please cherish her) but I really can't wait for Bo Young and Dr. Ye are dating to be reveal in the hospital ! HOW THE HELL THOSE PEOPLE STILL DON'T KNOW WHO IS DR. YE'S CURRENT BELOVED GIRLFRIEND ???!! IT IS OBVIOUS AF. At least they should have realized about it after the gathering. Obviously Dr. Ye only become a marshmallow around his girl ! :joy: If it was me, I would have noticed it when Dr. Ye gives compliment instead of advice to Bo Young because I'm good at reading people's face and attitude. I will notice the slight change! B) OH WAIT Dr Ye's attitude isn't a slight change, he's a whole different person LMAO

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

For someone who has been riding this emotional roller coaster in the last few weeks, I think my heart deserves a rest, and I will just enjoy the sweetness that was episode 12.  The beautiful way they both communicated and expressed their concern and assurance  for each other  puts my heart at ease. And the first kiss was done just right for two bashful  individuals opening their hearts to each other. 

Poem translation credit to @stroppyse . gif cr: mine :)

QYkZ4m9.gif

edit: LJH will present at the Baeksang Awards tonight 

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ELlovelyz said:

I still can't believe how stupid Dr. Ye can be when he's in love.... Where did he hide this side of him for such a long time :joy: This is so beyond my imaginations.. I thought he would be a caring boyfriend but IT'S ACTUALLY MORE THAN THAT ! :joy:

I know right. When they're driving on the freeway, I thought to myself, maybe they'll be hit by another car? It's too perfect! I'm equally happy and flabbergasted. Are they parodying some drama? haha He's so obvious and it's just Day 1. Maybe he's sick. Probably infected by Bo Young Happy Virus.

JW is the tsundere here. MH used to be bad to BY but not to everyone. MH is not a tsundere. He's a jerk.

• LOL 7

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

I pray to you kdrama a that we see yelines wedding please!!!

That would be amazing, it's been a loong time since I got one in one of my drama.

I got many engagement (radio romance, 20th century boy and girl, ...), some fake one (waikiki, because this life is my first) but a while that one of my drama got a wedding. Maybe my last was while you were sleeping but it wasn't the main characters.

5 hours ago, ELlovelyz said:

Stupid ? Amazing or happy but not stupid.

5 hours ago, triplem said:

For someone who has been riding this emotional roller coaster in the last few weeks, I think my heart deserves a rest, and I will just enjoy the sweetness that was episode 12.  The beautiful way they both communicated and expressed their concern and assurance  for each other  puts my heart at ease. And the first kiss was done just right for two bashful  individuals opening their hearts to each other. 

I love that he begin with a kiss on her cheek then he go slowly toward her lips. He don't force her and make sure she is okay with it (that what I feel).

I want MH to be on his cloud the longest possible before realising that it's over with BY. He deserve it so mutch after the things he did to her. He must fall from the highest possible.

The moment she laugh when he wonder how they found that he got a girlfriend make me remember when JH laugh in the bathroom after SH give her the hearing. They laugh at the cuteness of their "man".

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

@jeijei Agreed MH was a jerk and NOT a Tsundere like JW.  He was NEVER someone I would want to date if he is treating me like crap. Why take that treatment? Life is hard and bad enough. It is better to surround yourself with good people. Granted at times you have to be around people due to circumstances beyond your control---ie MH is back in her life due to work. But not like she WANTED him back in her life. His being nice to her after seeing and appreciating her, showing MH is growing and maturing. STILL he is getting redeeming qualities. But he is too late, I agree that JW is major TSUNDERE. OMG as we are all cooing how did he hide his soft/mushy side so successfully right @ELlovelyz?! :wub:

JW had admitted he was not in touch with his emotions/feelings when BY was down on herself. I loved how he was envious and jealous and saying her tears were her advantage as MC said the same during the buffet lunch as well to her. BY has unleashed such an adorbs love puppy and I LOVE it.

I saw Drinking Solo too, the second lead (agreed) was WAY kinder and nicer to the heroine than MH from the get go. In fact he was nicer than his Hyung (the lead actor Ha Seok Jin) actually. But he STILL did not get the gal. Granted she saw him as a little dongseng and he was her student. So right there not equal easy footing to surmount when you are dating.  At least with MH, they were classmates in college (so the age difference is not as big or even stage in life).

Being an unmarried ajumma, I never on the get go wanted MH as end game with BY due to his being mean to BY. You can reject someone but not have to be a jerk to her. So when he did it time and time ago (before he turned around to be not as mean) I wasn't feeling him. As some might have said it is similar to the boy teasing you in the playground due to liking you. He took it to another level not hesitating to embarrass her in public. (This to me is NOT TEASING it is down right cruel.)

As I have said before, JW got to me---first let's be honest he is manly and handsome. Plus when he did say something he was fair and appreciated our heroine BY for her efforts and hard work. She was bumbling and teased alot and not encouraged as she should be. She got dumped on extra work, taken advantage of but she still cared for her patients, tried to cheer them up with poems and was appreciated for her bedside manner. My heart hurt when they took away that award from her due to being a contract worker and not a FT employee. GRRRRR. 

To me this drama is BY's journey and along the ride we learn of her colleagues and life as a therapist I do love the poems in their simplicity but they evoke such emotions/feelings with the character's VO and the lovely accompanying melodies. More than the typical drama, it is not solely talking about the OTP. I would like to see more of JW's life (as others have mentioned) as we don't know where he lives? We found out just recently about his life changing injury to quit baseball. We know about his trauma from his last job the heartbreak of betrayal from his ex gf to the death of his attending DR and father figure mentor (the DR who treated him when he was a teen from his life changing injury.) I loved how he used the same method that dr used with him.  Tough Love , but I agree with JW. Glad it played out well for Gyumin. Gyumin taught him to also let go of his scars/wounds and move in life. Plus the encouragement of his old colleague now teacher who told him to find that person . Once you do, don't let her go (as he was at the time). Glad he WOKE up. Now seeing cutie JW is great. (Those glances and smiles during the ride to work--I agree I worried ---what about paying attention to the road to avoid an accident--I know BY is a cutie and all but SAFETY first! LOL. :tongue:

So looking forward to the last 4 episodes to their scenes. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, yusefull said:

6 hours ago, ELlovelyz said:

Stupid ? Amazing or happy but not stupid

I don't mean Dr. Ye that 'stupid'.. What I mean he's surprisingly turns into a clumsy dork. He's the one that being obvious instead of Bo Young. The 'cool' Dr Ye is nowhere LOL..

Or in another meaning, the speed change in his personality is just EPIC :joy:

• LOL 2

Let's revisit the confession scene. 

I love everything about this scene.. especially BY's reaction right at the end. Notice how this confession isnt just about saying what they feel.. but also acknowledging the other person's emotional state. JW didnt just half-@** his apology by saying that BY knows about his emotional state and should therefore understand,  he acknowledged that despite his reasons, he still hurt BY's feelings and would like a second chance. You see, this is why MH wouldnt have worked. I havent seen him apologize to BY for rejecting her years ago, but is quite quick to jump at the fact that she can (might) still like him. 

BY during the confession, on the other hand, thanked JW not just for asking her to date or acknowleding her feelings, but for opening his heart and choosing her as the person to open it to. That line at the end about her being really happy, is why JW .. and the rest of us love her to bits. BY isnt stingy with her thoughts and feelings. She's not afraid to sound cheesy, uncool, or weird. She wants that person who just confessed to know how she feels right at that moment. And to me, I think JW might have fallen in love with her more due to it. 

I really wish we'd seeb some JW scenes right after the confession. Hahahaaa. I'm quite curious how he was that night seeing as we"ve just seen a whole new side to him: The JW Dating Experience: only BY operated. :tongue:

Yeline

Mr. Advice Robot

Mr. Mind Control :tongue:

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

@bella1025 Well said about JW confessing to BY.

I LOVED how they did it. Both are aware of each other and considerate of each other too. The fact he knew he was asking for the moon and being shameless trying to ask for another chance after he rejected her. He tried to let her off easily but even after all day thinking about it, he did admit there is NO nice/light/easy way to let down/reject/turn down someone's confession He was aware of it too! I totally appreciated that he was considering her feelings and thoughts though being honest about his.

Like I think back at MH rudely rejecting BY, it was not nice. You don't have to be mean about it. I know that BY won't be mean or rude to MH if he does confess to her. But she doesn't even think of him in the realm of a romantic interest for MANY years. He did that and shot himself in the foot that the future MH who decides to like BY is too late on the train to get on. Your TIMING is wrong and off. NW says the book of poetry is about timing, gosh --him falling down and getting hurt running to think he can see BY and not see her. Yup the signs are there his TIMING is off.

Our every thoughtful BY though she may be impulsive and emotional and empathetic she is quick to right her wrongs/mistakes if she realizes her mistakes ie gyumin and JW behavior with him (jumping the gun saying he did not know how it is to give up on your dreams when in reality he was the BEST person to talk to GM about talking about having to give up his dreams at a young age.)

• Like 10

15 hours ago, triplem said:

Huh? I think your definition is right though. Imo minho is no where near tsundere male, it means cold on the outside and warm on the inside, minho was just plain mean and whiny like you said in my opinion. Whereas dr ye was cold on the outside but was always present for dr woo at the time of difficulty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MH was so concerned about the perfect timing that he already missed his. The irony. 

Not that it would've made a difference. 

I posted a meme from twitter about MH getting ran over by that bike. I laughed a a little, pitied him, and kinda agreed with the poster that fate was a little harsh with him. And then later on... I thought.. OR NOT. Why? Because BY and JW were together that night, and pretty sure that if JW had found out (and now knowing his teensy bit possessive and protective manner around his gf), he would have driven her to the cafe. Things would've gone south and awkward and just painful for MH.

On the other hand, maybe he did get dealt with a little unkindly, because he seems to have gotten his hopes up. And just like BY, is probably imagining his ideal scenes with her. Tch. It was probably best to just rip the bandaid off quickly. 

What do you guys think?

• Like 5

On 5/3/2018 at 7:22 AM, bella1025 said:

MH was so concerned about the perfect timing that he already missed his. The irony. 

Not that it would've made a difference. 

I posted a meme from twitter about MH getting ran over by that bike. I laughed a a little, pitied him, and kinda agreed with the poster that fate was a little harsh with him. And then later on... I thought.. OR NOT. Why? Because BY and JW were together that night, and pretty sure that if JW had found out (and now knowing his teensy bit possessive and protective manner around his gf), he would have driven her to the cafe. Things would've gone south and awkward and just painful for MH.

On the other hand, maybe he did get dealt with a little unkindly, because he seems to have gotten his hopes up. And just like BY, is probably imagining his ideal scenes with her. Tch. It was probably best to just rip the bandaid off quickly. 

What do you guys think?

For me it would not have made a difference as well because it’s obvious where BY’s heart lies. In some ways i feel this is for the best because that night would always remain special to both JW & BY. Having gone through so much heartache in the past , they both deserve that uninterrupted magical moment. BY’s expression and her words “ I’m so happy”  were priceless . I won’t want to take that away from her. 

Min Ho’s not a bad fella , but he’s still very much a kid to me who has yet to find his life’s path. He’s doing this because his parents expect him to. But what are his dreams? What does he really want ? The last I remember he told his parents to open a cafe for him to run. Is that what he really wants or a way to escape his parents wishes? So I think it’d be nice to see the writer touch on this issue & see him grow up in this area. If anything he needs to be financially independent & not rely on his parents. 

For me BY is in a completely different station in life . She’s been working 3 years. Trying secure a full time position. She’s at the point where dating & marriage is possible. She’s matured & level headed. Sure she may get all giggly & do supposedly silly things when she’s in love, but haven’t we all? I can remember the euphoria of liking someone & then realising that they like you back. 

I know there has been talk about JW’s supposed lack of growth . But there’s nothing terribly bad about him that warrants big changes.  That man is said to be uninterested in others but they don’t see the things he does without announcing to the world. He didn’t want to take over the chief’s position. He is competent at work & is fair to the employees ( remember how he pointed out the unfair work distribution) . He’s self aware - quick to admit his faults . I was so moved when he spoke to that boy who refused to get treatment.

I’ve been on the Ye line from day one because I’d rather  date a man who buys his own car over one who’s parents bought for him any day. But of course what’s more important here is that BY’s affections now lie with JW , and it’s has been beautifully reciprocated.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1