[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

what did MH do that deserves these strong words? He deserves what exactly? more like BY deserved what she got in college?

How exactly did he ridicule BY? If he wanted he could have rejected and made fun of her in front of the entire school... consciously use adn throw her.. not at all bring her into his social club.. 

BUT he did nothing.. for all of her improper behavior, he was very very nice to her..

He even let her believe that he was the one to tell on her to allow her to hate him and make the heartbreak easy for her.. in addition to not ruining her and NW's relationship...

You are blindfolded by your bias (of perspective).. to not even put the sequence of events right (at least get the events right and then give your reasoning)

I agree with your points in this, however SMH did hurt BY in order to get rid of his rival JYW. In the episode where they filmed a video during the weekend, SMH tried to describe BY as someone with flaws (cry too often aso), then he mentioned everything BY did in the past for him so that SMH ended up humiliating her and hurting her all the time. He wanted to discourage JYW but also to make him jealous. All these attempts made her look like she was an easy girl and that's how BY felt it. However in each attempt he failed miserably. To me, SMH wasn't really nice towards BY in the beginning but he changed. One of the reasons was to witness how BY started falling for JYW. Everything she did for SMH once, she started doing the same for Dr. Ye. Due to that, he realized that she had really loved him in the past, he got jealous ... yet he had a terrible time to recognize his own true feelings. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chingus, if we can all guess about what will happen in a drama, we all have a bit of writer in us. hahaha.. so be a matchmaker auntie and join the writer's smashup carnival -- our new event. check it out! and if you are lurking, don't forget to hit a button on people's stories to encourage them. it is based fully on community voting.

@bebebisous33@triplem your guys really spot on the point, agree  on what you have written here.

Poem is not for everyone, not everybody know how to appreciate poem and the deep meaning in it. BY was so happy that she thought MH likes poem .. after that she realised he is not . Then she found that Dr Ye likes poem and feel better after  every time reading those poem that she send, she was thrilled as she is able to use poem to make someone feels better. She even hope that those poem she pasted there for her patient will got the encouragement during their treatment.

Yes ,  i also find Dr Ye got a similarity with Mr Darcy .. I didnt find him perfect but he is righteous person and has his soft side. See how he treat his patients..   When YJ and DrPark were discussing about the private treatment etc , BY didnt feel that way .. she even thought Dr Ye is warmth person ..  only when untill the young boy incident. But  she was abit drunk that  time.

I am not good in writing ... usually i will be enjoying reading others comment in soompi heheh

When i saw those last filming picture,  suddenly my heart abit empty now .. so fast that this drama come to the end ..

I also looking forward to the bts!

@bebebisous33 @USAFarmgirl Welcome love your thoughts in other threads & of course here too ! I do respect you both over time. I am not as articulate as you both but always love your comments . Mad respect to you both. 

I agree felt JW exuded Darcy vibes as well. So articulate ladies about JW, MH and BY.

MH I admit I loved how sweet he got the poetry book for BY. But also I feel he will give it to confess to her too. While sweet, his timing is off.

No one is immune to jealousy or doing petty actions even JW. But the points about MH not being in touch with his feelings reverberated and lack of realizing the consequences of his actions at the time. If they benefitted him yes he did it deliberately ie having BY help him willingly so he could loaf off as he knew she would do it. 

We might have thought the same with JW, but he differed with MH. This sign of awareness is not the same as someone not in touch with their emotions. As pointed out once he underestimated his heart hurting so painfully after rejecting BY & his jealousy he immediately after getting the text from Gyumin not allowing himself be held back in life as a prisoner of his scars. I loved how he immediately acted to see BY to confess and beg for a second chance with her if it wasn’t too late. He had thought she might be starting with MH based on their outing to the beach & his profile pic. Plus while chatting with the interns in front of him he didn’t deny nor vehemently confirm if they were dating. 

In regards to JW, we really don’t know about him much, other than barely about his ex that she cheated on him with the DR on the opposition , he suffered for standing by a patient & had a injury sidelining his dreams in baseball as a teen. But what we know he is very professional that he seems cold, but I cannot blame him from the last hospital situation. I love our staff but they are a bit gossipy .

Everyone is injured or carries invisible scars & burdens, but the beauty of this drama it shows us more about the other characters beyond the OTP. I never thought otherwise JW and BY not being the OTP .  In DSolo we learned a lot about GM character so I was more invested in him but in the back of my mind I knew it was fruitless and frutile. But I have enjoyed these side stories learning about the others.

@triplem I loved Gongmyun there in Drinking Solo, tho HSJ is handsome his personality makes MH seem like a saint. I like BY better than the heroine there too. I persevered due to liking GM there. He made the drama for me even if he didn’t get the gal. Having second lead syndrome isn’t fun.

Monday cannot roll around soon enough!

1 hour ago, jellybing2009 said:

@bebebisous33@triplem your guys really spot on the point, couldnt much agree on what you have written here.

Poem is not for everyone, not everybody know how to appreciate poem and the deep meaning in it. BY was so happy that she thought MH likes poem .. after that she realised he is not . Then she found that Dr Ye likes poem and feel better after  every time reading those poem that she send, she was thrilled as she is able to use poem to make someone feels better. She even hope that those poem she pasted there for her patient will got the encouragement during their treatment.

Yes ,  i also find Dr Ye got a similarity with Mr Darcy .. I didnt find him perfect but he is righteous person and has his soft side. See how he treat his patients..   When YJ and DrPark were discussing about the private treatment etc , BY didnt feel that way .. she even thought Dr Ye is warmth person ..  only when untill the young boy incident. But  she was abit drunk that  time.

I am not good in writing ... usually i will be enjoying reading others comment in soompi heheh

When i saw those last filming picture,  suddenly my heart abit empty now .. so fast that this drama come to the end ..

I also looking forward to the bts!

First, thanks a lot for the compliment. crazy monkeyBut I would like return the compliment cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532because with your observation (BY keeps sending JYW poems through SNS), you confirm my analysis about JYW and BY's relationship. JYW's interest in poetry is important because it helps him to reconnect with his own emotions and indirectly with humans. He said himself that he was unable to be connected to his feelings. And here we see the parallels between SMH and JYW. Both are slowly able to feel and recognize feelings therefore their social skills improve. In college, it was actually hinted that SMH was not really appreciated. No one wanted to work with him. As time passes on, SMH is less and less self-centered, he shows now a caring side which was hidden before. It is the same for JYW, yet the latter started acting much earlier (he defended BY from the start) hence the staff kept mentioning YE Line.  

Actually, the episode 11 was really interesting because it reveals BY's flaw. Due to her own past, she misunderstood YE's words to GM. Yes, he sounded harsh but BY didn't perceive the true intention behind his words. Ye realized that his message had not been conveyed properly hence he came later and tried to explain himself better. Nevertheless BY thought that she is the only one who had to give up something... she thought, she was the only one who could understand GM's true feelings. She acted as if the others had no idea therefore she misjudged Ye's behaviour. 

From my point of view, all the characters show in different occasions their selfishness. All of them believe that their own suffering is a reason for feeling entitled to treat other harshly or to judge and misjudge people. Their own past and pain make them blind to other people's suffering. To me, the drama illustrates the lack of communication which is even underlined by using the poems. None of them are able to communicate properly. I won't mention all the examples but let just say:

• KYJ decided to get divorced on her own without giving her husband any proper explication.
  • Park abused his position because he felt so stressed due to the pressure at home.
  • SMH never explained his situation at home to anyone aso.
  • The chief never tried to have a proper conversation with Ye. He relied on the rumours and gossips and made a terrible decision.
  • etc...

Due to the lack of communication, people are stupid, rude, insensitive and even blind, which leads to hurt other people. On the other hand, we have another form of communication besides poetry: rumours, gossips and talking behind people's back. All of this represents the perverted form of communication. Communication is misused and doesn't fulfill its true function any longer. That way, the writer emphasizes the meaning of poetry. Poetry makes it possible to express feelings and have a real communication with other people. They share feelings, thoughts and makes it possible to feel empathy for others.  That's why BY felt comforted by poetry. She realized that the poet had experienced something similar. 

@USAFarmgirl @triplem @Nodame The difference between JYW and SMH is that he is older hence much more mature. JYW suffered a huge heartbreak before, had to give up on his dream, had to suffer from gossips and rumours. SMH has never been put in such a terrible situation... he has definitely less life experience. To me, the poetry book SMH found will play an important part in his maturity (overcoming his heartbreak). The book is about the missed chance, the missed timing... SMH will get to realize it. Therefore he will find solace... I have the impression that he will never be able to give it to BY.    

@bebebisous33 thanks 

I cannot take credit for @jellybing2009 words. But I have always thought JW more mature and definitely being older with life experiences helped .

Thank you I agree whole heartedly the lack of proper communication between all. So well put again. Yeah no one is immune to selfishness , rudeness, being insensitive or even blind. Yup BY included though I love her and definitely MC when he wanted to get a job after hearing about JW being offered his position. Yeah YJ not telling her ex, JW tough love approach to GM... totally concur.

Why I like this drama as humans we are so full of flaws no one is perfect . Thanks again for your thoughts.

After looking at the uploaded IG images, I realized we never saw this scene yet right?

Do you think this one is related to the outing images scene we saw yesterday? O.O

thanks @jellybing2009 for uploading that pic! i wonder what they're up to..?!? maybe a magazine photoshoot?? then... can I have a magazine photoshoot with Lee Yubi & Jang Dongyoon too? Since MH didn't get the BY in the drama, maybe he can have a photoshoot with her outside the drama instead? hehehe :D But of course.. a magazine photoshoot with any of the cast will be great! :) 

edit: it seems like Lee Yubi got a surprise too? not sure when this happened.. but probably today? or last night? Not sure what exactly they're celebrating but it still made me smile :) especially since she got really touched to the point where she cried :)

@gracebkk apparently i think its related to the drama ??   coz the original pic was from the physiotherapist that taught them .. haha i really have no idea of what they up to.. wouldn't they switch line right ? crazy thought haha

that pic from Instagram is not the same as the dating scene from preview.. probably it is for ep 14 or later.. 

Is DS a happy ending ?  since this writer previous project is DS ..

Just now, jellybing2009 said:

@gracebkk apparently i think its related to the drama ??   coz the original pic was from the physiotherapist that taught them .. haha i really have no idea of what they up to.. wouldn't they switch line right ? crazy thought haha

oh no... i hope not!! :( i love our Yeline! and i can't think of anyone else except those two together.. changing the lines in the middle would be... weird.. hahaaha :D but anyways.. Chaeyoung (Dr. Kim) also updated her IG with that photo so i'm guessing it's from today.. probably a photo shoot, but who knows.. hahaha :D i can't predict this drama anymore.. hahaha :D 

5 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

oh no... i hope not!! :( i love our Yeline! and i can't think of anyone else except those two together.. changing the lines in the middle would be... weird.. hahaaha :D but anyways.. Chaeyoung (Dr. Kim) also updated her IG with that photo so i'm guessing it's from today.. probably a photo shoot, but who knows.. hahaha :D i can't predict this drama anymore.. hahaha :D 

same here but i dun think it will change the love line in just last 4 epi. hhaa

The instagram from LYB seems a celebration for her from her team .. as her bd is in November , so i guess is celebrating her finish the project etc ( don't understand korean haha )

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

The difference between JYW and SMH is that he is older hence much more mature. JYW suffered a huge heartbreak before, had to give up on his dream, had to suffer from gossips and rumours. SMH has never been put in such a terrible situation... he has definitely less life experience. To me, the poetry book SMH found will play an important part in his maturity (overcoming his heartbreak). The book is about the missed chance, the missed timing... SMH will get to realize it. Therefore he will find solace... I have the impression that he will never be able to give it to BY.    

I agree, age and life experience is a critical factor here to how we react. So I feel that Min Ho will learn from this & will add to his growth. Like that bit you mentioned about the lack of communication. It’s exactly when everyone makes assumptions instead of allowing a proper channel of communication such as in Dr kim & her ex husband’s case , that relationships break down. She could have brought this up instead of pushing him away, solutions could have been found instead of living with eternal heartbreak . They perhaps could have gone for fertility treatments, adopt etc but she denied herself & her ex of that chance. That episode still haunts me.

@gracebkk @jellybing2009 I think it’s a CF.( or dream sequence ) . Look how worried we are , lol!  It would be disastrous for the drama to have such cross love lines. Small trivia , Lee Chae Young, Lee Jun Hyuk & Shin Jae Ha are all from the same Uni. 

But after eps 12 , May I add that he also has great comic timing ! 

5 hours ago, kdrama archive said:

Am I the only one who doesn't feel sorry for min ho? I mean he deserves that karma. It's not even comparable to how he ridiculed boyoung back in college and also at work. He never even was once sorry about any of it? And no one called him out for being such a jerk. I want karma to make him realize that. 

i am with you to not to feel sorry for him at all...

he has a long way to go to become better version of himself and whatever he has done so far i dont feel any sympathy for him.

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with your points in this, however SMH did hurt BY in order to get rid of his rival JYW. In the episode where they filmed a video during the weekend, SMH tried to describe BY as someone with flaws (cry too often aso), then he mentioned everything BY did in the past for him so that SMH ended up humiliating her and hurting her all the time. He wanted to discourage JYW but also to make him jealous. All these attempts made her look like she was an easy girl and that's how BY felt it. However in each attempt he failed miserably. To me, SMH wasn't really nice towards BY in the beginning but he changed. One of the reasons was to witness how BY started falling for JYW. Everything she did for SMH once, she started doing the same for Dr. Ye. Due to that, he realized that she had really loved him in the past, he got jealous ... yet he had a terrible time to recognize his own true feelings. 

yup i can understand her point on office bit (hospital bit).. when he was being jealous.. it can be construed or seen as being a jerk.. that's fine..

but i definitely have inhibitions in taking the college point on its face value..

Duude! what if the thing that the writer is aiming for is MH having  quite a harsh heartbreak, SO harsh that he becomes A POET! lmao

Heart me out, no matter how nicely BY phrases it now, when she will reject him his heart is gonna break I'm telling you! because honestly he was about to get over her and then again he got full of himself and got his hopes and is not even aware that she is DATING and al lovey dovey now...... dragging his feelings this far and the LT is just so unnecessary unless they just want to keep his fangirls watching by giving them a lil hope?

Any way, the irony!!! since he started the drama by stating how much he hates poetry. Also JDY the actor stated in an interview that he won a poetry contest when he was young...which is just so damn cool by the way and makes me like him. (The actor I mean >_>)

So yeah, maybe he'll experience one of those heartbreaks that makes an artist out of ya! xD and he'll finally find his way ahaha

13 minutes ago, kawaiibooty said:

Duude! what if the thing that the writer is aiming for is MH having  quite a harsh heartbreak, SO harsh that he becomes A POET! lmao

Heart me out, no matter how nicely BY phrases it now, when she will reject him his heart is gonna break I'm telling you! because honestly he was about to get over her and then again he got full of himself and got his hopes and is not even aware that she is DATING and al lovey dovey now...... dragging his feelings this far and the LT is just so unnecessary unless they just want to keep his fangirls watching by giving them a lil hope?

Any way, the irony!!! since he started the drama by stating how much he hates poetry. Also JDY the actor stated in an interview that he won a poetry contest when he was young...which is just so damn cool by the way and makes me like him. (The actor I mean >_>)

So yeah, maybe he'll experience one of those heartbreaks that makes an artist out of ya! xD and he'll finally find his way ahaha

Or.. when he proposes.. and lets say with a poem.. 

she is going to be so shocked.. so so so shocked.. first love, who rejected her.. who always said she is not every man's type.. him finally proposing her .. and pieces will begin to fall for her.. how he has been taking care of her.. how the one she never expected loves her.. truly..

no yeline will be able to withstand that..

that would be ultimate dream come true.. because what BY will get is sincerity and something that noone has ever done for her.. .. poetry (bonus if he gives her that book she has been looking for)

lets see.. right words with right ambience can do wonders

22 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Or.. when he proposes.. and lets say with a poem.. 

she is going to be so shocked.. so so so shocked.. first love, who rejected her.. who always said she is not every man's type.. him finally proposing her .. and pieces will begin to fall for her.. how he has been taking care of her.. how the one she never expected loves her.. truly..

no yeline will be able to withstand that..

that would be ultimate dream come true.. because what BY will get is sincerity and something that noone has ever done for her.. .. poetry (bonus if he gives her that book she has been looking for)

lets see.. right words with right ambience can do wonders

Your imagination is as wild as mine haha Nice! But Idk man, I don't expect her to ditch DR. Ye that easily for a kid who's been friendzoned for quite some time now...

Haven't posted anything since ep 1-2 when it premiered. I'll  binge this once the dramas over.  I've only seen up to 4 episodes

I like main actors here. And like I said previously I'm not familiar with the female lead, but I like her acting. Jang Dong Yoon is the 2nd lead here. Gong Myung was the original choice but ( don't know what happened) was replaced by him. I'm happy because JDY has a lot of potential and has good acting. I'm happy he's got this after school 2017 ( w/c I didn't watch). Whether him as Min Ho ends up with LBY character, probably doesn't matter to me. Lee Joon Hyuk meanwhile. I like! I've  seen most of his dramas.  Equator Man is still my favorite of his.  I cried you know. Thanks for the updates and photos.

Archived