[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

We have all been tricked. The best ship is not Cheng Cheng x Xiao Tan but it's MLC x MLC. That flashback sequence in ep 28 was so romantic. Like I can't even. Also, 8th Prince looked really hot suited in armor. :wub:

Spoiler

I'm glad that this show keeps defying logic so that when Cheng Cheng's soul was sucked into that container, it took his physical body too. It would be very cruel and extremely morbid if 8th Prince had to bury his alternate self. And I'm so sad that Xiao Tan didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Cheng Cheng. Like I know he's gonna make a comeback but still. :cry:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night episodes MYH was really bad but he’s really good and vastly improved in his acting! He’s good at being bad! At least he has tears in his eyes. Especially his scenes with the king. They had me in tears! XT’s screen time were little in the last 4eps! But her scenes with Jin xin were moving too! But what makes me feeling a bit funny is the scenes of MLC and 8th! It’s more like lovers and the way they kept rerunning how they met and etc.. it’s no doubt that fans mentioned XT and MLC fall in love is by accident whereas MLC & 8th are the fated ones:sweatingbullets: Anyway, when MLC vanished I was feeling sad too! Luckily LQS has a way to keep his soul and the soul will need a vessel to live on. Next week will be so far away! And btw ain’t eps 30 is the last? I saw 32?:huh:

7 minutes ago, monchoo said:

Last night episodes MYH was really bad but he’s really good and vastly improved in his acting! He’s good at being bad! At least he has tears in his eyes. Especially his scenes with the king. They had me in tears! XT’s screen time were little in the last 4eps! But her scenes with Jin xin were moving too! But what makes me feeling a bit funny is the scenes of MLC and 8th! It’s more like lovers and the way they kept rerunning how they met and etc.. it’s no doubt that fans mentioned XT and MLC fall in love is by accident whereas MLC & 8th are the fated ones:sweatingbullets: Anyway, when MLC vanished I was feeling sad too! Luckily LQS has a way to keep his soul and the soul will need a vessel to live on. Next week will be so far away! And btw ain’t eps 30 is the last? I saw 32?:huh:

Hmmm... where did you see 32? I think it’s only 30. Especially with a third season, I don’t think they would extend. 

38 minutes ago, monchoo said:

Link

On 11/23/2018 at 9:54 AM, Ellie Toh said:

I'm a sucker for bad boys. So...can I have a spinoff on Yi Huai Ge Ge in the modern world with Tan Er instead?

Omg same... I would love for this to happen. I really don't want Season 3 to be about Yihuai and Pan'er falling in love. I really dislike her character. She's a horrible person imho.

edit: are we sure it's only 30 episodes? Where did monchoo see 32? *puzzled*

YI saw the YouTube trailer stated as preview for next wk eps 29-30-31-32 last night. No?

I was baffled too n honestly wished there’re extensions as to their married life! In the book fans mentioned they have a daughter named Qiao qiao :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, monchoo said:

YI saw the YouTube trailer stated as preview for next wk eps 29-30-31-32 last night. No?

I was baffled too n honestly wished there’re extensions as to their married life! In the book fans mentioned they have a daughter named Qiao qiao :rolleyes:

oh wow... I am so happy! Thank you. I hope it isn't a mistake and we really are getting two extra episodes. 

edit: I think I was too early. Seems it really is only up to 30. Oh well...

Oh wow... ep 26 had me crying and it had nothing to do with MLC. 

Spoiler

It was so sad that the emperor died. I didn’t expect that to happen. And just how it happened made me so sad. Of all the dramas I’ve watched where there has been mutiny, this one was done so well. 

On 11/25/2018 at 9:13 AM, crazyoverkdrama said:

LOL..... We're all in this together..... Might as well go crazy together. LOL

Haha. OMG, you guys are so funny. These crazy theories got me. :joy: I see how they're paying homage to S1 of preserving sir LC's soul in the canister. I think in S1 only the soul went in the canister vs S2 where both soul and body went in the canister.... (So that solves the 2 MLC's, but now S1 XT and Tan Er?) T^T After MLC saves XT when she was pushed into the water, it seems that it was Liu Shang's last appearance.

https://www.weibo.com/3616300095/H4uy5op7E?from=page_1002063616300095_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment

Jing Xin's part of when she was captured was so touching though 14 prince can use some improvement in his acting. He's so used to acting cute, it's hard to see him in angsty scenes.  I hope they give him more character development for S3 and have him be able to play more of a role for something. I was so touched too with the father son scene of MYH and the emperor. All MYH wanted was to be with the love of his life and the emperor loved him more than anything. I'd like to see more of Yi Huai Gege and Tan Er's :D back story. 

Did ya'll catch the hint where the old guy said that MYH is cultivating/learning the Qu family black magic arts? If he goes overboard he may become the next Demon King. I've been wondering where the "demon king" is for this season. The original demon king became one because he was obsessed with martial arts and in learning or trying to cultivate too much he went overboard. 

I started watching PA after knowing Xing ZhaoLin was in it and started playing the OSTs for both seasons of the eternal love. I love how they use S1 osts in S2. It just makes it more connected in keeping the vibes of the original characters despite giving us a different story. I am so glad the characters original personalities are kept and not have them go out of character despite different seasons. Sometimes that happens. Gaaaaah, only 2 more episodes left and all we could do is wait for S3 hoping to retain the original cast, some new characters and fun story.

Kudos to the poster who pointed out the Empress dowager and 14th prince hiding. Didn't even noticed! I'm also ^^ satisfied she appeared because I've been missing her appearance. Her new look makes her look young. Now...some backstory of why cold fish Mo built Dong Yue Kingdom(aside from saving sir MLC) and why he married Empress Dowager would be nice.

8 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

@crazyoverkdrama @golinda27The caption says that 8th prince and 8th consort’s baby is finally making an appearance. 

Reveal hidden contents

I haven’t watched the most recent episodes, but I’m glad at the way things are turning out with MLC disappearing and 8th prince offering to take in his spirit. It solves the problem of XT not being MLC’s first love. I thought it was always a slightly unequal relationship because of that, and she was always going to be insecure about not being S1 XT. This way 8th prince has MLC’s memories, but not the experiences, which he will have with current XT. It’s so perfect! I love you writers! 

I’m a bit puzzled about whether this MLC is also supposed to die at 25? Because in that case, doesn’t he already have Sir Lian Cheng’s soul in him? And if he isn’t going to die at 25, what was the point in XT coming and bringing him the soul suppressing orb??  I’ve tried to avoid thinking about this bit because it’s full of plot holes, but if anyone has it thought out, I’d welcome the clarity! 

Remember that in season 1 the only reason he died is because he had a life bond with XT, so when she died in child birth, he died too. Oh and the prediction wasn't that he will die when he's 25. According to the will left by the grandfather, MLC will not reach 25 years. So he did die before he he became 25. Mo Yi Feng knew that this would happen that's why he predicted it because he knew XT and MLC had to go back to the fantasy continent. 

In season 2, When MLC arrived in Dong Yue, he messed this all up. Like what monchoo said the characters on the grandfather's will rearranged themselves at the exact same moment MLC arrived and there are 2 8th princes in the same timeline.

And remember, there is no other Sir Liang Cheng soul, MLC is Liang Cheng reincarnated. It's the same soul, likewise XT is also Xiang Tan. That's why MLC finally disappeared, you can't have the same soul in existence in the same timeline. It messed up the space time continuum. 

This is is my take on this. The soul suppressing does not have anything to do with MLC. XT is its master and it is a power from the fantasy continent. When Xiang Tan betrayed Liang Cheng and killed herself in the past, the soul suppressing orb came to Dong Yue ( most likely brought by Mo Ying Feng as its first emperor) remember he entrusted it to the Qus because he knew Xiang Tan will be reborn in another world and within that family. He knew the power will call to its original master that's why he also made Liang Cheng to be reborn as MLC, when he saved his soul in the fantasy realm. Even though Mo Yi Huai wanted to marry Tan Er, his father couldn't agree because the first emperor decreed that Tan Er will marry MLC because the 1st emperor knew what was going to happen and they must complete their destiny as lovers. 

But again this got all messed up because MLC is there at the same time as 8th prince in this timeline

Do you know the movie 'Back to the Future'? It's a time travel movie and they very much emphasize that you can't even let the other You see you because if you see each other it will mess up the space time continuum with catastrophic world changing results. And in that trilogy of movies, everything changed when they messed it up. People who weren't supposed to be dead, died in the other timeline.

I'm new to the board, so apologies for jumping in the conversation so late. I love this drama so much and I'm so hooked it's been such a fun ride watching season 2, even though it's had its flaws. I have enjoyed all of your comments and thought I'd stop lurking now that we're getting to the end. 

My favorite character is Mo Yihuai and to be honest, it's his story with Qu Pan'er which I find the most tragic and compelling. Don't get me wrong, I adore our main couple as well, they have such amazing chemistry and Mo Liancheng makes my heart throb, but I have a soft spot for the bad, misunderstood, tortured dark princes like Yihuai. I am wondering if he'll ever have an actual happy ending with someone, and how they plan on using him in Season 3. I really hope he doesn't go full evil but it seems that's where things are headed. Where does everyone here think Qu Tan'er's soul is? Is she dead or just trapped somewhere. I am wondering if the soul supressing orb is somehow keeping her spirit deeply buried inside under Xiaotan's. in S1 they were both able to switch but now Qu Tan'er is nowhere and I'm not sure why that is. Anyway, I love all your comments and analysis!

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/H4AwqzrL1?fid=1034:4310937042141083 

latest BTS to lightened up things! Conversation of our fav OTP:

XT: R u using my lip gloss?

CC: Nope. It's mine.

Director: It's like you're being poisoned.

CC: Director, Is it allright? (Glance at XT) It's like sausage lips..

Make up artist: lemme do it.

XT to makeup artist: Why not you apply to your own lips and pressed against his?

(He then leaned forward pretending to kiss her and she stops him with the stick)

According to fans, he did add up a sentence which came out as a muffle: Then u help me out~~

Episode 25 recap

Spoiler

Episode 25

Following Episode 24’s assassination scene, it has been revealed that both the Crown Prince and 9th Prince had more intentions than just exposing Liu Shang’s identity. They took this opportunity to have the guards at the 8th Prince’s manor rush to the scene upon hearing news that their master was in danger which lead the Imperial Commanding Token to be easily stolen.

The 9th Prince was assigned a task to uncover who was behind the Emperor’s assassination (episode 14), he provided evidence of Consort Dugu’s letter to the Crown Prince.

Back to the manor, XT held MLC in her arms on the bed while the 8th Prince watched MLC out of guilt. MLC tried to make sure that he could express his last words which was for the 8th Prince to forever protect XT before he fainted.

Yu Hao came to report that somebody took an opportunity during the chaos to steal the Imperial Commanding Token and was then given the task to investigate this matter. He further reported that Liu Qian Shui has arrived but was not willing to come in unless XT personally invited him.

XT called for Liu Qian Shui and he immediately appeared. He complained that she made him look so useless because if the Emperor had to invite him, it would take at least 3-4 tries to work. She asked if she was still his clan leader. 8th Prince was confused with “clan leader”. Liu Qian Shui emphasised that even if he doesn’t understand, there was still something he must do. The 8th Prince asked XT to go take a rest promising her that he would definitely save MLC.

The energy transfer occurs once more, 8th Prince cried as he delved deeper into MLC’s memories.

After the energy transfer, the 8th Prince wiped away his tears and concluded that MLC was not an illusion but actually his future self. Liu Qian Shui confirmed that MLC was no longer in danger.

The next morning MLC sat down outside the tea resting area. XT was holding a cherry blossom branch and bragged that if it was not for her who took off his mask then... MLC finished off her sentence with “CPR?”. He joked that luckily it didn’t happen otherwise he’d lost his breath.

The 8th Prince appeared at the Snow Villa stating that from the looks of it, their relationship was not good as how he expected it to be. XT responded that when she first met MLC but was cut off by the 8th Prince. He said that she called MLC a sissy, XT was dumbfounded and glared at MLC but MLC was dumbfounded as well.

The Prince explained that during the energy transfer last night, he saw everything that happened between the two of them. This included the promise, consummation, separation, and when they were united again. He asked if sissy was a word in the future life used to express affection. MLC took its literal meaning word by word changing it to a whole new meaning.

“Sissy means that a mother-in-law is an important person.”

MLC continued to discuss it more and defamed XT making her furious leaving both men behind.

In the next scene, furious XT took a walk and cursed MLC as a liar, his family’s dead meat. She encountered a strange man doing some sort of ritual, she got caught looking but as she turned around a man in black knocked her conscious with powder. Yu Hao who was a step late could not follow the kidnapper, he fought with another two men in black for a while. Knowing that this could not go on any longer, they used a smoke bomb to escape. Just as Yu Hao returned to the manor to explain the situation, a eunuch came to report that the Emperor wishes to summon Liu Shang into the Palace.

The Emperor, Crown Prince and Liu Shang took a stroll along the imperial garden and by a pond at this point. The Crown Prince began his plan of unmasking Liu Shang’s identity using XT. His people pushed XT into the water on the other side of the pond pressuring MLC to suffer the consequences of saving XT.

In the Emperor’s study, there were 5 people present in front of him, 9th Prince, Crown Prince, 8th Prince, MLC, and 14th Prince. Amidst of the silence, the Crown Prince confessed that it was him who planned what had occurred earlier to expose Liu Shang because he did not want to continue seeing his Father Emperor being deceived. He continued that maybe the person who tried to assassinate the Emperor was indeed Liu Shang. 9th Prince suggested to have both 8th Prince and MLC’s chests checked.

Before the two got locked in prison, the Emperor asked the 8th prince to hand over his Imperial Commanding Token. The Emperor was furious to learn that it was stolen and ordered that nobody was to approach them in prison.

In the next scene, XT woke up recalling what had happen to her. JX explained the entire situation to XT. Worried XT suggested to break into the imperial prison to save them but JX assured her that the 14th Prince has already seeked help from the Empress Dowager to save the two.

Going back to the imperial study, the officials on the side agreed that if the 8th Prince was innocent he would not need a stand in therefore he deserved death. Pretentious Crown Prince on the side pleaded for his brother telling the Emperor that he just needed to be exempted from interfering with political matters.

Transitioning back to prison, cheeky MLC questioned if the 8th Prince actually saw everything between him and XT like with their consummation. The flustered 8th Prince defended himself by saying that he was not that kind of person, he only saw a small part of it. MLC laughed and murmured to himself that luckily he didn’t see the most important part!

The 8th Prince explained that he saw other things such as to why MLC chose to stay and protect Dong Yue and also him the Prince. He decided that they will both protect Dong Yue together.

A prison guard came to deliver food as he implied that Emperor still considered their past relationship which was why the Prince was able to receive food.

Back to the imperial study, the Emperor concluded that the 8th Prince will be imprisoned for a lifetime but was interrupted by the Empress Dowager. The Emperor changed his mind and had both the Crown Prince and 14th Prince investigate the matter of 8th Prince’s treason.

The 8th Prince and MLC knew that that the poisoned food was sent by the Crown Prince. Coincidentally, the Empress Dowager visited the 8th Prince with her self made food. She questioned why this mister looked exactly like her grandson, just as the matter was about to be explained the grandmother and grandson put up an act to fool the prison guard who  eavesdropped on their conversation.

Episode 26 Recap

Spoiler

Episode 26

The two men in prison shared steamed buns and found a key hidden inside. MLC got himself outside, just as he was about to unlock the 8th Prince’s door, two prison guards caught them. The 8th Prince persuaded MLC to leave immediately otherwise they wouldn’t be able to escape. MLC was resolute to save the 8th Prince “If leave, we have to leave together.” He took down all the prison guards that charged forward. MLC was reminded by the 8th Prince that what mattered was to find evidence, he as a Prince won’t die so easily so leaving him behind was okay.

In the next scene, Yu Hao, Liu Qian Shui, Xiao Tan, Jing Xin, and 14th Prince were gathered in a room. Nobody wanted to break into prison except XT, luckily MLC came back at the right time to stop her.

XT revealed that the day she visited the Crown Prince’s manor, in his study there was a hidden compartment with a letter inside.

MLC and Yu Hao trespassed into the Crown Prince’s study. Upon opening the hidden compartment, they found nothing. Opening another, they found the Imperial Commanding Token along with a letter.

The Crown Prince discovered that his things were gone, the trespassers could not be traced and Liu Shang has escaped from prison.

MLC who dressed up as an imperial physician came to attend the Empress Dowager’s insomnia, he expressed that only he could cure this. After seeing MLC, everyone was dismissed. MLC presented a letter to the Empress Dowager stating this evidently points to who the real assassinator was.

The Empress Dowager visits the Emperor using a sedan to hide MLC. After entering the study she ordered the Emperor to dismiss irrelevant people out of the study as she has important matters to discuss. The Emperor was furious to find Liu Shang in his study but the Empress Dowager explained everything having MLC hand the Emperor the evidence (letter). After explaining that everything was plotted by Consort Dugu, MLC handed over the Imperial Commanding Token. He claimed that both of these items were found in the Crown Prince’s manor.

However, the Emperor did not wish to free the 8th Prince because he assumed that the disguise of Liu Shang deceiving him was no different to what Consort Dugu and the Crown Prince did. He also knew that Liu Shang had passed away.

Here MLC revealed everything to Emperor about coming from the future, meeting Mo Yi Feng at Xuan Ling, and is actually his close friend Sir Lian Cheng. The Emperor was surprised, he recalled only his Imperial Father told him that.

MLC further proved his identity by asking if the Emperor remembered about the bamboo tube that Mo Yi Feng used to carry around but was gone after his (8th Prince) birth because inside that tube consisted of Sir Lian Cheng’s soul.

The Emperor expressed that his Imperial Father also told him this before passing away. He then freed the 8th Prince and MLC of their sins, and stripped off MYH’s Crown Prince position. He further stated that the 8th Prince will be the next person to ascend the throne.

In the next scene, the 9th Prince was ridiculing the 8th Prince before he started any means of torture. Before he got to do anything, 14th Prince came with a decree to free the 8th Prince.

In the MYH’s manor, he was extremely calm reading his decree unlike the 9th Prince. He stood up, opened a hidden compartment and laid out a map. He ordered his personal guard where to place his army at insisting that he must have the entire Palace by tonight.

MYH lead his army into the Palace and massacred every innocent bystander in the way. Amongst the chaos, the Emperor immediately wrote his will of having the 8th Prince to ascend the throne and had it especially delivered to the Empress Dowager. He then asked to have poisoned tea.

MYH strode into the imperial study, Yun Ying his personal guard was ordered to escort the Emperor’s personal eunuch to wherever he had to go. MYH told his father that he did all this for the person he loves, Tan Er. The Emperor became honest and told MYH that the engagement between the 8th Prince and Qu Tan Er was a will left behind by the late Emperor. They continued to argue about the throne. The Emperor was so disappointed, he was resolute in this matter and had the poison tea come. Before his passing, he came to take a good look at his son and expressed that MYH will always be his beloved son. MYH was in regret having his Imperial Father die in his arms.

42 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Episode 25 recap

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 25

Following Episode 24’s assassination scene, it has been revealed that both the Crown Prince and 9th Prince had more intentions than just exposing Liu Shang’s identity. They took this opportunity to have the guards at the 8th Prince’s manor rush to scene upon hearing news that their master was in danger which lead the Imperial Commanding Token to be easily stolen.

The 9th Prince was assigned a task to uncover who was behind the Emperor’s assassination (episode 14), he provided evidence of Consort Dugu’s letter to the Crown Prince.

Back to the manor, XT held MLC in her arms on the bed while the 8th Prince watched MLC out of guilt. MLC tried to make sure that he could express his last words which was for the 8th Prince to forever protect XT before he fainted.

Yu Hao came to report that somebody took an opportunity during the chaos to steal the Imperial Commanding Token and was then given the task to investigate this matter. He further reported that Liu Qian Shui has arrived but was not willing to come in unless XT personally invited him.

XT called for Liu Qian Shui and he immediately appeared. He complained that she made him look so useless because if the Emperor had to invite him, it would take at least 3-4 tries to work. She asked if she was still his clan leader. 8th Prince was confused with “clan leader”. Liu Qian Shui emphasised that even if he doesn’t understand, there was still something he must do. The 8th Prince asked XT to go take a rest promising her that he would definitely save MLC.

The energy transfer occurs once more, 8th Prince cried as he delved deeper into MLC’s memories.

After the energy transfer, the 8th Prince wiped away his tears and concluded that MLC was not an illusion but actually his future self. Liu Qian Shui confirmed that MLC was no longer in danger.

The next morning MLC sat down outside the tea resting area. XT was holding a cherry blossom branch and bragged that if it was not for her who took off his mask then... MLC finished off her sentence with “CPR?”. He joked that luckily it didn’t happen otherwise he’d lost his breath.

The 8th Prince appeared at the Snow Villa stating that from the looks of it, their relationship was not good as how he expected it to be. XT responded that when she first met MLC but was cut off by the 8th Prince. He said that she called MLC a sissy, XT was dumbfounded and glared at MLC but MLC was dumbfounded as well.

The Prince explained that during the energy transfer last night, he saw everything that happened between the two of them. This included the promise, consummation, separation, and when they were united again. He asked if sissy was a word in the future life used to express affection. MLC took its literal meaning word by word changing it to a whole new meaning.

“Sissy means that a mother-in-law is an important person.”

MLC continued to discuss it more and defamed XT making her furious leaving both men behind.

In the next scene, furious XT took a walk and cursed MLC as a liar, his family’s dead meat. She encountered a strange man doing some sort of ritual, she got caught looking but as she turned around a man in black knocked her conscious with powder. Yu Hao who was a step late could not follow the kidnapper, he fought with another two men in black for a while. Knowing that this could not go on any longer, they used a smoke bomb to escape. Just as Yu Hao returned to the manor to explain the situation, a eunuch came to report that the Emperor wishes to summon Liu Shang into the Palace.

The Emperor, Crown Prince and Liu Shang took a stroll along the imperial garden and by a pond at this point. The Crown Prince began his plan of unmasking Liu Shang’s identity using XT. His people pushed XT into the water on the other side of the pond pressuring MLC to suffer the consequences of saving XT.

In the Emperor’s study, there were 5 people present in front of him, 9th Prince, Crown Prince, 8th Prince, MLC, and 14th Prince. Amidst of the silence, the Crown Prince confessed that it was him who planned what had occurred earlier to expose Liu Shang because he did not want to continue seeing his Father Emperor being deceived. He continued that maybe the person who tried to assassinate the Emperor was indeed Liu Shang. 9th Prince suggested to have both 8th Prince and MLC’s chests checked.

Before the two got locked in prison, the Emperor asked the 8th prince to hand over his Imperial Commanding Token. The Emperor was furious to learn that it was stolen and ordered that nobody was to approach them in prison.

In the next scene, XT woke up recalling what had happen to her. JX explained the entire situation to XT. Worried XT suggested to break into the imperial prison to save them but JX assured her that the 14th Prince has already seeked help from the Empress Dowager to save the two.

Going back to the imperial study, the officials on the side agreed that if the 8th Prince was innocent he would not need a stand in therefore he deserved death. Pretentious Crown Prince on the side pleaded for his brother telling the Emperor that he just needed to be exempted from interfering with political matters.

Transitioning back to prison, cheeky MLC questioned if the 8th Prince actually saw everything between him and XT like with their consummation. The flustered 8th Prince defended himself by saying that he was not that kind of person, he only saw a small part of it. MLC laughed and murmured to himself that luckily he didn’t see the most important part!

The 8th Prince explained that he saw other things such as to why MLC chose to stay and protect Dong Yue and also him the Prince. He decided that they will both protect Dong Yue together.

A prison guard came to deliver food as he implied that Emperor still considered their past relationship which was why the Prince was able to receive food.

Back to the imperial study, the Emperor concluded that the 8th Prince will be imprisoned for a lifetime but was interrupted by the Empress Dowager. The Emperor changed his mind and had both the Crown Prince and 14th Prince investigate the matter of 8th Prince’s treason.

The 8th Prince and MLC knew that that the poisoned food was sent by the Crown Prince. Coincidentally, the Empress Dowager visited the 8th Prince with her self made food. She questioned why this mister looked exactly like her grandson, just as the matter was about to be explained the grandmother and grandson put up an act to fool the prison guard who  eavesdropped on their conversation.

Episode 26 Recap

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 26

The two men in prison shared steamed buns and found a key hidden inside. MLC got himself outside, just as he was about to unlock the 8th Prince’s door, two prison guards caught them. The 8th Prince persuaded MLC to leave immediately otherwise they wouldn’t be able to escape. MLC was resolute to save the 8th Prince “If leave, we have to leave together.” He took down all the prison guards that charged forward. MLC was reminded by the 8th Prince that what mattered was to find evidence, he as a Prince won’t die so easily.

In the next scene, Yu Hao, Liu Qian Shui, Xiao Tan, Jing Xin, and 14th Prince were gathered in a room. Nobody wanted to break into prison except XT, luckily MLC came back at the right time to stop her.

XT revealed that the day she visited the Crown Prince’s manor, in his study there was a hidden compartment with a letter inside.

MLC and Yu Hao trespassed into the Crown Prince’s study. Upon opening the hidden compartment, they found nothing. Opening another, they found the Imperial Commanding Token along with a letter.

The Crown Prince discovered that his things were gone, the trespassers could not be traced and Liu Shang has escaped from prison.

MLC who dressed up as an imperial physician came to attend the Empress Dowager’s insomnia, he expressed that only he could cure this. After seeing MLC, everyone was dismissed. MLC presented a letter to the Empress Dowager stating this evidently points to who the real assassinator was.

The Empress Dowager visits the Emperor using a sedan to hide MLC. After entering the study she ordered the Emperor to dismiss irrelevant people out of the study as she has important matters to discuss. The Emperor was furious to find Liu Shang in his study but the Empress Dowager explained everything having MLC hand the Emperor the evidence (letter). After explaining that everything was plotted by Consort Dugu, MLC handed over the Imperial Commanding Token. He claimed that both of these items were found in the Crown Prince’s manor.

However, the Emperor did not wish to free the 8th Prince because he assumed that the disguise of Liu Shang deceiving him was no different to what Consort Dugu and the Crown Prince did. He also knew that Liu Shang had passed away.

Here MLC revealed everything to Emperor about coming from the future, meeting Mo Yi Feng at Xuan Ling, and is actually his close friend Sir Lian Cheng. The Emperor was surprised, he recalled only his Imperial Father told him that.

MLC further proved his identity by asking if the Emperor remembered about the bamboo tube that Mo Yi Feng used to carry around but was gone after his (8th Prince) birth because inside that tube consisted of Sir Lian Cheng’s soul.

The Emperor expressed that his Imperial Father also told him this before passing away. He then freed the 8th Prince and MLC of their sins, and stripped off MYH’s Crown Prince position. He further stated that the 8th Prince will be the next person to ascend the throne.

In the next scene, the 9th Prince was ridiculing the 8th Prince before he started any means of torture. Before he got to do anything, 14th Prince came with a decree to free the 8th Prince.

In the MYH’s manor, he was extremely calm reading his decree unlike the 9th Prince. He stood up, opened a hidden compartment and laid out a map. He ordered his personal guard where to place his army at insisting that he must have the entire Palace by tonight.

MYH lead his army into the Palace and massacred every innocent bystander in the way. Amongst the chaos, the Emperor immediately wrote his will of having the 8th Prince to ascend the throne and had it especially delivered to the Empress Dowager. He then asked to have poisoned tea.

MYH strode into the imperial study, Du Ying his personal guard was ordered to escort the Emperor’s personal eunuch to wherever he had to go. MYH told his father that he did all this for the person he loves, Tan Er. The Emperor became honest and told MYH that the engagement between the 8th Prince and Qu Tan Er was a will left behind by the late Emperor. They continued to argue about the throne. The Emperor was so disappointed, he was resolute in this matter and had the poison tea come. Before his passing, he came to take a good look at his son and expressed that MYH will always be his beloved son. MYH was in regret having his Imperial Father die in his arms.

many many thanks for these recaps. For non Chinese speakers like me, they are heaven sent. :blush:

Would you mind recapping episodes 27 and 28 too :kiss_wink:

15 hours ago, golinda27 said:

Also, do we all think that the kid in that clip above is their kid?!

And now this makes me wonder again! If this baby is supposed to be their child and they become emperor and empress of Dong Yue! Then why does season 3 look like it's going to be in the modern times?! Don't tell me they abandon their baby and kingdom again?! 

Or or is it going to be about totally different characters?! Waaaaah! Is it not Monday already?!

:bawling:

Episode 27 Recap

Spoiler

Episode 27

The episode starts with XT waiting for the 8th Prince and MLC’s return. The two men returned just as JX reassured XT that they will be fine. XT immediately showed concern towards the 8th Prince seeing that he was not in good health. She was thankful that nothing happened to his face otherwise it would be such a pity to lose another handsome face again. The Prince asked if she was concerned about him. Without a doubt, XT used her sweet tongue praising that he was her leader of course she would care about him. Not only does she need him to promote her and provide her wealth but also bring her to newer heights. Unlike the 8th Prince who was filled with smiles, MLC was left speechless on the side. Just as all 4 people were celebrating peace, Yu Hao came to report that the Emperor had just passed away leaving the throne to MYH.

The 8th Prince questioned MLC what was supposedly the last will of the Emperor. MLC who was still in shock instead replied that the Emperor was not supposed to pass away. He then took a thought to blame himself thinking that he was the cause of the Emperor’s death. The 8th Prince grabbed his sword and rushed to the Palace, whereas MLC stood in silence. XT took steps forward, held his hand and comforted him telling him that he does not need to blame himself, he has done enough for everyone.

The 8th and 14th Prince arrived at the Palace. 14th Prince confronted the 1st Prince whether he was up to no good such as overtaking the throne for instance. Shortly after, the Empress Dowager made an appearance. She questioned why the 1st Prince had so many guards up, was it to block her entry? She continued that all she wished was for her son to leave in peace. The 1st Prince defended himself by saying that he’s doing this for protection but was pressured to remove those guards. The 8th and 14th Prince were eventually dismissed as the Empress Dowager needed to talk to the 1st Prince privately. She asked for an explanation of the Emperor’s passing, the 1st Prince told her that the Emperor overworked himself in which he instead should’ve persuaded the Emperor to take a rest. At this point of time, the Emperor’s personal eunuch rushed inside kneeling in front of the Empress Dowager holding onto her hands pleading that he wishes to accompany the Emperor. During this critical moment, he slid the Emperor’s last will into her hand. The Empress Dowager continued to show her dominance towards the 1st Prince telling him that everyone will be waiting for his explanation.

In the next scene, the 1st Prince MYH had already been crowned Emperor with all officials below paying respects to him. The first thing MYH did as Emperor was to announce to everyone that the 8th Prince deceived the late Emperor with an act of treason deserving immediate beheading. Liu Shang the strategist who was also an accomplice deserves death as well. Yun Ying, MYH’s personal guard reported that neither MLC or LS were found when the manor was searched. Even, Qu Tan Er (XT) was not found. MYH stated that the entire city must be thoroughly searched and have these traitors brought back.

[Note: All of these events spanned over a night for sure? That was why nobody knew about how innocent the 8th Prince was because the decree that the late Emperor sent out to free the 8th Prince and decrowning MYH’s Crown Prince position was somehow done in a rush or in silence during the evening. Or  maybe MYH took the Imperial Commanding Token (he probably searched his father's study) and has too much power in terms of soldiers that was why nobody was willing to go against him.]

Transitioning to the streets, the 8th Prince around the corner was waiting for MLC, XT, 14th Prince and JX who were quietly escaping until JX fell over and caught the attention of guards. The 14th Prince stayed behind to help JX up but both got captured back to the Palace.

MYH took a visit to prison asking JX where XT was as he wished to crown her as his Empress. JX who continued to play dumb was severely tortured where 14th Prince in the prison cell next door could only watch the torture in pain. MYH with a straight face ordered the 9th Prince to spread the news that if those traitors don’t return, the Empress Dowager, 14th Prince and JX will surely die.

The 8th Prince, MLC, XT and Yu Hao hid in the forest outside of the city. Yu Hao scouted around and found that the number of MYH’s guards increased. Yu Hao will use himself to lure the people away, MLC told him that while he lures them away try to gather for more information and meet up with them at this certain place which was the place where MLC (8th Prince) and 14th Prince frequented when they made mistakes as a child.

Going back to the prison scene, the 14th Prince received some food, he tried to wake JX up offering her something to eat. This situation lead him to confess his love to JX. JX who was severely injured still knew her place. She told him that even if she likes him, she dared not climb high as she was just a maid. The 14th Prince used selective hearing and only heard what he wanted to hear, he hold onto her hands as JX smiled and fainted.

Back to the forest which is now 8th Prince and 14th Prince’s childhood hideout spot. XT is asleep on MLC’s shoulder, MLC took out her and his hand trying seeing the life and death contract on his hand not hers. The 8th Prince questioned what that sign on his hand was, MLC explained.

Yu Hao came and reported that Empress Dowager was house arrested, 14th Prince and JX were locked in prison. MLC told the 8th Prince he no longer knows the future as everything had changed especially with the outcome of the Emperor, Qu Jiang Lin and Xiao Tan.

Prison scene again, 9th Prince set up a prison guard to pretend to be the Empress Dowager’s person and release the 14th Prince on purpose. The prison guard dragged the 14th Prince out, on their way to escape they encountered a guard. The guard spotted the 14th Prince, the prison guard hurried the 14th away leaving the guard to fake kill the prison guard. The 9th Prince smirked and walked out of the dark rewarding the man for his acting skills.

In the next scene, MLC and the 8th Prince had a private talk in the forest. MLC said that his senses were deteriorating and might die any moment now. He entrusts XT to the 8th Prince since he’s already seen the memories and feelings between them. The 8th Prince assured that he will love XT like MLC. Another thing MLC told the 8th Prince was that after he takes back the throne, make sure not to push MYH to his death.

At the city gate, everybody lined up to enter and leave the gate as the guards were checking everyone’s faces using the criminal posters. 14th Prince who was up next in the line was told to lift his head up. General Wei who was there saved 14 Prince and they left the city, Yun Ying MYH’s guard witnessed this scene left to report this to MYH. MYH ordered a few people to follow the 14th Prince.

In the hideout spot, 8th Prince, MLC, XT, Yu Hao and Liu Qian Shui were present. The 8th Prince expressed that he doesn’t have the Imperial Commanding Token. Upon discussing ways to enter the Palace, 14th Prince and General Wei appeared. It was explained that General Wei helped 14th Prince escape the city gates. The 8th prince was thankful to General Wei despite their past. General Wei stated that it was the bad people that caused this misunderstanding, knowing that the political matters in the Palace are in chaos he was willing to assist the 8th Prince.

14th Prince was questioned how he escaped prison. Everyone found it way too suspicious that the 14th Prince escaped so easily and simply. The 8th Prince and MLC assumed that this was MYH’s trap to let 14th Prince alert everyone about the situation in the Palace. They continued that the reason why nobody came to capture them all was because MYH was afraid that everybody would split up and not all would be captured entirely. They decided to start their plan the following day to rescue the Empress Dowager and JX then confront MYH. XT will be left in Liu Qian Shui’s care.

[Note: Sorry it's getting political and I don’t know how to write it out lol. Actually I don’t understand the situation of it that well. I think their plan is like this. General Wei leads his army to the front gate? To lure all of MYH’s soldiers away. On the other hand, MLC and the 8th prince will lead a small number of people using a different route to confront MYH. And that small number of people will split up to try to save the Empress Dowager and JX.]

Archived