[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

18 minutes ago, Ellie Toh said:

Here's sharing, because I know it's almost unbearable for us to wait til next Monday 

OMG! Uber uber sweet! In all my years of watching dramas I've never seen a sweeter couple! Now all of the dramas will seem bland in comparison because of this. Kissing scenes, hugs, sweet talk UGh!!! Monday seems so far away!:blush:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 28 Recap

Spoiler

Episode 28

XT and Liu Qian Shui were fishing by a river, just as they were bickering one of General Wei’s injured soldier came to report that the plan had failed. it was unknown whether the 8th Prince was dead or alive, they were asked to escape.

Impulsive XT hurried Liu Qian Shui to save her Cheng Cheng as she promised that where they were was extremely safe. Just as Liu Qian Shui left, Yun Ying who hid behind the bush smiled.

The 8th Prince lead his soldiers close to the imperial study, MLC and the 8th Prince found this way too suspicious. Not a single soul was found anywhere, they realised that they’ve fallen into MYH’s trap. Immediately soldiers came running from all directions pointed their weapons towards 8th Prince’s group. MYH proudly walked out with the 14th Prince and JX tied up from behind. MYH expressed that although the 8th prince underestimated him but he MYH would never underestimate the 8th Prince. He then had Yun Ying lead XT out as another hostage.

MYH offered a 1v1 battle to the 8th Prince, if he wins he could have anything he wants. MYH wanted to prove to the world that he was better than the 8th Prince in any aspect. They then had as sword fight. MYH who was in a disadvantage threw his sword to the side and used the secret technique of the Soul Suppressing Orb that he learnt from his Imperial Grandfather's decoded Soul Suppressing Orb Cultivation Scripture that he stole from Qu Jiang Lin. Just as he was about to cast his spell, MLC took initiative to block this attack for the 8th Prince.

Liu Qian Shui arrived in time and took MLC away, Yu Hao also took the 8th Prince away using qing gong (light step skill to fly).

Amongst the fight between soldiers in the forest, the 8th Prince suggested that they go to the Hidden Star Pavillion where his Imperial Grandfather cultivated assuming that MYH does not know about it.

After moving to the Hidden Star Pavillion, Liu Qian Shui stated that originally MLC was like a fire against the wind, now being hit by the power of the Soul Suppressing Orb there’s no way to save him. Transferring energy was also not an option this time as this method cannot be used many times along with the fact that the 8th Prince was also injured this time not being in a good position.

MLC finally gained consciousness and called for the 8th Prince. MLC told the 8th Prince he would disappear soon, so the 8th prince could have XT. However, the 8th Prince worriedly expressed that he does not need XT, he just wants MLC to get better and rather equally fight for XT. MLC explained that it doesn’t matter who XT loves because the 8th Prince is MLC himself so once he leaves the 8th prince would be the only MLC left in the world.

8th Prince: Is being the only MLC left that important? I just want to thank you. If it wasn't for you who stayed by my side, maybe I would’ve strayed on many wrong paths.

MLC: You now can’t bear to see me leave? I originally don’t belong here. The person who’s supposed to disappear is me. But it's okay. Tan Er understands me. You understand me. There’s nothing to regret over.

[8th Prince and Liu Qian Shui had tears dripping down their cheeks.]

*MLC faints once again or actually died already.*

The 8th Prince’s tear dripped onto MLC’s palm and a flashback occurs of how they encountered one another along with advices that MLC once gave him when disguised as Liu Shang.

Whilst the 8th Prince was deep in thought, Liu Qian Shui quickly woke out of daze and took out a bamboo tube with incantations carved on the outside. He bit his finger and swiped the blood over the incantation, opened the tube and transferred MLC’s entire body and soul inside the tube.

Xiao Tan who is imprisoned inside the Palace in sorrow looked at the rain reminiscing her memories together with MLC. JX comforted XT with positive cues, XT said that if it wasn’t for JX she wouldn’t have made it this far.

The next morning, Liu Qian Shui came back and found the 8th Prince sitting in the exact same position as the night before. He handed the 8th Prince the bamboo tube to keep it as a keepsake. What mattered now was to rescue XT and 14th Prince. Liu Qian Shui explained that if MYH kept cultivating the Soul Suppressing Orb like this, he will likely suffer qi deviation and become like the Second Demon King.

Suddenly the 8th prince puked out blood, Liu Qian SHui never thought this guy was also that badly injured.

MYH sat in a daze, the 9th Prince reported that he sent JX to comfort XT so everything should be fine now. MYH heard that and exclaimed that maybe after a few days XT will change her mind. Thinking that both the 8th Prince and MLC should somehow be alive, he ordered for more people to find them. Whether dead or alive, the body must be taken back.

Liu Qian Shui took the 8th Prince’s pulse, he was baffled. He only has the ability to prolong the Prince’s life but not completely save him. He continued that if only there was another MLC along with Sir Lian Cheng’s medical skills then maybe there would be a way.

XT pretended to faint and feigned sickness, a guard ran inside, knelt down to look at the situation. JX took his sword and held it against his neck. Another guard came inside, he explained that their lives meant nothing so there’s use if she kills them. XT then took the sword and threatened them with her own life but sadly MYH came from behind and frightened XT causing her to drop the sword. He threatened her that if she kept planning on running away he would not be sure if he would exert his anger on JX and the 14th Prince or not.

MYH held onto XT’s shoulders and told her that as long as she has a change of heart, he would look back on the times she betrayed him. XT again explained that she really wasn’t his Tan Er. If only he could let her and Cheng Cheng go. After hearing XT’s use of endearment to MLC, MYH was furious.

XT: I’m not Qu Tan Er but Qu Xiao Tan! I came from another world. After Tan Er suicided because of you, I don’t know why I occupied her body. I at first thought you also came from a different world which was why I frequently met you just to find a way to return. Liu Shang is actually the 8th Prince from another timeline. He came because of me! So he never had the thought of stealing Qu Tan Er’s heart. So you don’t need to be angry at him!

[Upon hearing all of this flashbacks came through MYH’s head of XT being weird from him picking up the pocket watch to their encounter etc.]

MYH: You’re not Tan Er? Then where is my Tan Er? *shakes XT aggressively* Where is my Tan Er?!

XT: I don’t know! I really don’t know!

MYH then aggressively choked XT against the wall blaming that this was all her fault. XT was willing to die and return back this body but all she hoped for was for MYH to let her Cheng Cheng go.

Delusional MYH retrieved his arm and reminded himself that this was his Tan Er’s body. He just needs to change her back to what she was just like in the past. He needs to make sure that she remembers how much she used to love him.

The 8th prince sat in a cross legged style as he stared at the bamboo tube. He was reported that it was announced to the world that XT will be crowned as Empress in a few days. The 8th prince began to blame himself of all the mishaps as he couldn’t protect a person at all and also could not come up with any plans like MLC. He had let MLC down.

The 8th Prince recalled that Liu Qian Shui had a magical spell of the life and death contract making him and MLC connected through spirit just like being one person. He wondered if there was a way to have a magical technique similar to that and use him to host MLC’s spirit?

Note: That last paragraph is probably not accurate. I don't understand the context of it well.

14 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

Thanks @Renaro Kopique for the recap! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that didn't understand the last line of the ep! I paused it a couple of times to read the subtitle and still couldn't figure out what's going to happen.

:sweat_smile:google translate didn’t help me in either languages, I need to find a Viet or Chinese reader. 

1 hour ago, Renaro Kopique said:

:sweat_smile:google translate didn’t help me in either languages, I need to find a Viet or Chinese reader. 

haha! I was going off the viet subs too. I read it as "Can I be used as his resting place?"... it was a really weird way to word it so then I interpreted as, "Can I be used as the host for his spirit?" I find with the viet, they have to use the most complicated way to word things. 

I just finished watching ep 28.  This the first time that I had a hard time finishing an episode. It somehow made sense now why it is called eternal love. My realization came too late, but now I truly appreciate the title and it's connection to the story.  Just my opinion but the eternal love is not about the love story of QT and Cheng Cheng. It's just Cheng Cheng's love for QXT.  If I go back to season 1, they emphasized more on Sir Lian Cheng's death and how MYF preserved his spirit and by creating Dong Yue, but just passing explanation on the role of Qu Xiang Tan as the clan leader and how she controls the orb.  She felt like a secondary character.  Now, in S2, even more so because the orb is important but not as emphasized as the first season.  It's about CC's journey to make QXT fall for him again.  The events in Dong Yue are just effects of his presence. As a matter of fact, it feels like everybody else is secondary, he's the main focus all the time.  And the fact that his soul is again preserved, just like in S1, it only shows that he'll still be the same Sir Lian Cheng of S1, but this time more knowledgeable since if the merging really does happen.  Not only will he gain knowledge of his past as Sir Lian Cheng and MLC, but also the knowledge of the 8th Prince.  So I think in S3, if that is the last season, then it should close all arcs.  Then his love is considered eternal, since his love for QXT transcends all lifetimes.

I don't know how reliable Viet sources are but apparently Liang Jie doesn't want to reprise her role because of all the potential kissing in season 3. 

http://kenh14.vn/khuc-tieu-dan-luong-khiet-tiet-lo-khong-muon-tham-gia-song-the-sung-phi-3-vi-ly-do-bat-ngo-nay-20181127151320689.chn (just in case there are any Viet readers out there that are interested). 

I typically don't think these are reliable sources but has anyone else heard anything?

52 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

I don't know how reliable Viet sources are but apparently Liang Jie doesn't want to reprise her role because of all the potential kissing in season 3. 

http://kenh14.vn/khuc-tieu-dan-luong-khiet-tiet-lo-khong-muon-tham-gia-song-the-sung-phi-3-vi-ly-do-bat-ngo-nay-20181127151320689.chn (just in case there are any Viet readers out there that are interested). 

I typically don't think these are reliable sources but has anyone else heard anything?

We are going to see the studio of Xing Zhao Lin NO has confirmed its participation that is going to do the 3 season of Eternal Love 3 also is the one that has more work of all so maybe neither does!!!!

58 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

I’m not surprised if she doesn’t reprise her role but I guess it’s getting uncomfortable and awkward with what they have in this drama. I mean other actors already had a hard time with a few kiss scenes yet we have so many for a rookie actress lol. Ít could be a personal reason such as her relationship with her bf/fiance or maybe these kiss scenes are like getting in the way of her career meaning that people are only watching it for the kisses not for her acting. I honestly don’t need that many kiss scenes, I appreciate it as a fan service but I know I’m not allowed to drag other dramas in here but for instance with Nirvana In Fire 2, Xiao Ping Jing’s and Lin Xi’s love for each other did not have any physical intimate scenes, all they did was exchange gazes or hugs but I felt so much emotion between the two. I think love can be expressed in many different ways, but you know even I cringe at so many kiss scenes so how does Liang Jie not feel negative about it when doing it herself. I’m invested in the plot development and characterisation instead, I want MLC and XT’s relationship to grow further not face trials of having to restart their relationship. And I hope they don’t tweak the characters’ IQ anymore, they sometimes make them dumb or so smart all of a sudden which puts me off even though the focus of this drama is to the enjoy the rom-com and not take everything seriously but I’m so invested that I notice a lot of things. Hopefully, just hopefully the same main casts would return. Fingers crossed.

Season 3 would be unthinkable without the main actors for me in the head. It can not be that you refuse such a great story because of a few kisses. That would be unprofessional. I like the kisses and also these bed-clothes in S1. That's the magic and chemistry that make up the drama. Of course, the battles too. * Hehe *

1 hour ago, Shiori Me said:

Season 3 would be unthinkable without the main actors for me in the head. It can not be that you refuse such a great story because of a few kisses. That would be unprofessional. I like the kisses and also these bed-clothes in S1. That's the magic and chemistry that make up the drama. Of course, the battles too. * Hehe *

I agree! If that is the case, I hope they just get their happily ever after in season 2 and then start with new characters in season 3. I don't think I want to watch if it's not Liang Je and Xin Zhao Lin

I hope we can get confirmation of this soon. That would be an odd reason to pull out of the role. These are very chaste kisses even if there's a bit too many. I think some are almost used as filler at this point. I think they have a lovely chemistry, but it seems that when they run out of ideas, they rehash these type of scenes instead of moving the plot forward. I know they said the cast will be back for season 3 but I wonder who is actually confirmed. To me it's just not the same if the leads aren't back. 

2 hours ago, Shiori Me said:

Lol. It's fine with me if they give Cheng Cheng and Xiao Tan a happily ever after here in S2. The next season doesn't have to be about them. Ahem. I'm a sucker for badass characters, so I'm hoping for Mo Yi Huai and Tan Er's story. Perhaps in the modern world. In the novel Xiao Tan and Tan Er actually exchanged bodies and Tan Er actually became a famous artist in the modern world.

2 hours ago, Shiori Me said:

The two fit so well together. * Grrr *

I know, right? I was addicted to this Thai Drama "Jao Sao Jom Yorm" cuz it was unbearably sweet, with handsome  and seductive husband whose mission is to make his wife fall in love with him is involved. I keep rewatching it over and over again and thought nothing will ever beat that. Come The Eternal Love Season 2. Watched that and ditched every other dramas I've been watching. I even got addicted to this much more worst than when I was watching Ten Miles Peach Blossoms. OMG. What sorcery is this?

Archived