[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

18 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus

I also found it hard to watch DS slam that food on SC’s face. For some reason, it actually bothered me more than the bullying in the other versions. I think it bothered me more because it was just the two of them and it hit her face. I know a lot of people didn’t like the fact that they toned down the bullying in this version but this particular scene alone, to me, made the point. I also really liked the fact that only in the version do we see DS immediately regret his actions. It showed that he wasn’t innately evil, he’s just impulsive and let’s his emotions and pride get the better of him. 

Exactly my thoughts!!!! When I watched the first ep I was so displeased that I went and ranted in slack. He crossed the line. He seemed more like a douchebag to me who did things which I thought I will never be able to forgive. As you said, somehow the slamming of food seemed more violent and unacceptable than the bullying in the other version. I was so upset and I only continued to see how they are going to redeem his character. Surprisingly I got softened towards him in the second ep itself when he suggests some childish pranks to pull on her. Then as @cantbreathe mentioned he was too adorable in the Sanya arc. I can't ever forget that squid scene. It was way too hilarious and his smitten looks when she dressed up and came to the party. I'm still only on the 2nd ep in my rewatch, but I can't wait to watch that squid scene when he goes and knocks at every door to come and eat squid. Hahaha. He captured my heart slowly and steadily, its a hate turned love relationship between us actually. LOLOL. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Does anyone remember how Shancai was wearing her towel on her head in the scene where she fainted in the sauna? What the hell? I couldn’t focus on DMS’ feelings in the scene because I was so embarrassed for her. Imagine two hot guys seeing you with that on your head.

I think she imitated how South Koreans wrap towels around their heads when on saunas/hotsprings. I'd agree with @auroragb though, it reminds me of Star Wars lol.

4 hours ago, ilu2 said:

Shancai's nickname for her BF suits him well, LOL. Look at this cute "Dog" with his "Owner" in the shower!

Am I the only one who got hyped up that he is actually half-naked here and SC is there, holding the water hose? I mean he is most likely just wearing trunks and just thinking about it makes my imagination run wild. LMAO. Omg pardon my crazy thoughts :sweat_smile:

On 9/2/2018 at 2:22 AM, 7psyche7 said:

ust wanted to share this BTS video because it reminded me of the good points of the show despite the disappointment that was the last few episodes. I really like this scene and the BTS is just as good or even better. They are such cute puppies!

Oh my, yes! They are too cute! This scene in ep. 13?14? is my favorite for the whole drama, I think. It's just so sweet, and I think it showcases the fantastic chemistry between Dylan and Shen Yue so well. They are so fun to watch together on scren.The BTS for the scene is nice to see because it's really highlighting their natural energy with each other. They are so relaxed and comfortable with one another here, joking around. Agree with others here that this scene just exemplifies one of the best things about this adaptation (if not the best) which is the relationship between Shan Cai and Daoming Si. Their "enemies to lovers" romance was well done here in this version because we actually saw a natural progression to their relationship. 

I just saw DMS in Manila ... on a billboard as large as a basketball court beside Mall of Asia. Heh.

think Meteor Garden 2018 has just started showing here and boy, do they have a lot of fans. 

I was excited too and I’ve seen the show plus the crazy ending. 

21 hours ago, mouse007 said:

One thing I also appreciate about DS, yes he is impulsive and he wears his heart on his shoulders but that part of him doesn’t actually change. He remains consistently impulsive all the way until the end. What changes is how he channels it. In the beginning he lashes out at anything and anyone over the smallest things. But after he meets SC, he is only impulsive in his desire to be with her. Hence probably the reason as to why he wanted to marry her so quickly. 

Good point! The character arc of DS is really one of the best things about this version. He changes, but as you point out, his fundamental core remains the same. 

12 hours ago, maisquared said:

but ya agree w/ XM/XG/XY omg Xiaogeng is heartbreaking.. I like more in the BoF adaptation where Kim Bum's character's version of Xiaogeng falls in love with his brother (in a weird turn of events) so there is closure for the both of them in ways to move on..

XY/XM didn't get a chance to develop as thoroughly as the XM/XG storyline le sigh. Moving on! ha 

So true! If only we could have seen more development of the XM/XY relationship and characters. As you point out, the Korea version was just so much better overall for that storyline. (Although I will always love this version for giving us 2 kiss scenes and a verbal "I love XY" from XM.) Maybe the next version will combine the 2 and give us everything!

On 9/1/2018 at 11:02 AM, kokodus said:

Since I've been avoiding this thread for the past 1 week in fear of getting myself spoiled, I missed spazzing about some important squeee moments. So i'm going to do it now. Hehe. 

The MAJOR squeeworthy moment for me in this finale week is definitely the 520 roses scenes. I was screaming and kicking my pillow so wildly that my mom got worried. hahaha. The best part about the whole scene is when SC calls and complains to him that there are only 519 roses and orders him to give her that missing one rose, no matter what. And the fact that Si knows that SC will count and check whether there are 520 roses and planned to hide one rose so that he can give her that by himself. Hella swoony. 

I liked the scene where he wore that green shoe to the uni and SC looked at it with such nostalgia. And his reply when she asked why he wore that was even more amazing. He wore that green shoe so that she can find him easily amongst the crowd. ./SWOOOOOOOOON. LOL. And then Mei zuo and Ximen's usual roleplay had me in stitches, of course. Hahaha. 

When I first watched the door scene I was too mad at SC to appreciate how awesome Si reacted to her. This is the scene where you can really tell how much Si has grown. Some 10 to 15 eps before, when SC said the same thing, he threw a fit and behaved like the whole world has come to an end. But now even without seeing her face to face he could see through her and read her like a book. From pestering her all day to confess her feelings out loud to understanding that SC will never not hate him or fall out of love with him. That right there is not character growth, but relationship growth. The whole scene was beautifully done actually. 

Great insights! DS journey from pestering almost stalker to perfect boyfriend is amazing in this version. 

On 9/1/2018 at 11:37 AM, ilu2 said:

@marielou92 Totally agree w/you MG2001.I started watching it after I started watching this version. Yes, it looked hella outdated (though F4 and Shancai looked really handsome/pretty) and the violence in that version is unbearable. Another thing that annoyed me so much was SC's parents; greedy, lazy, careless, and in a way really stupid. Whereas 2018 version, they are caring, loving and just trying to make a living wherever they live without hoping for their daughter to marry a rich guy and live off of his wealth. But, I liked that version tho, because it was super funny and exciting.

As for this version, I like it slightly more just because it is current and less violent. The cast is amazing and beautiful, talented people who I'm obsessed with at the moment. But, it also has its flaws. I'm not angry or complaining about the ending; a happy ending but I think they literally wasted perfectly long 1.5hrs on the last two eps. Weird wedding plot, too many flashbacks and in your face ads that made me feel like I was watching commercial breaks. It was sweet to see their post wedding scenes in those ads though. One thing that bothered me a little is WHY in the world they made Lei look like a 3rd wheel in that last ep meteor scene. Why couldn't they just have him happily watching the m/shower somewhere alone or with Meizuo? Anyways, it was a fun, exciting drama. I will look forward to these actors and actress' next projects.

Agree that Shan Cai's parents were so great in this version! It was a nice change from original parents. Now, if only they could have been a part of the wedding too! 

On 9/1/2018 at 10:59 PM, mouse007 said:

@kokodus my thoughts exactly. I actually laughed when DMZ started dancing because it was just so ridiculous. I’m happy we got a wedding scene but I’m disappointed with how it was done. Like you, I just wanted a simple and beautiful wedding. It’s funny you were looking for their parents because I had done the same! SC’s mom made a point of saying how family is important in a marriage and they’re not at the wedding?! I also didn’t think it was necessary for DS to trick SC because like you said, she had already agreed to marrying him. The wedding came off as very gimmicky and immature. I would have preferred a traditional wedding where SC is walked down the aisle by her father and handed off to DS and then being wed in front of their parents and their friends. 

I’m glad they showed us a little bit of postwedding life but was kinda disappointed that it’s mostly PPL. The one thing I did like about it was the bit where DMF attempted to cook breakfast for them and where she tells them about her plans of travelling. I kinda liked that we got to know a little bit more about her in the last episode. 

I, too, did not care for the hunger strike here. It honestly didn’t move me. I guess the point they were trying to make here is that DS and SC would rather die than be apart. I was also disappointed that F3 couldn’t think of a way to support SC other than attempting to give her food. I mean they could have stood with her or kept her company or maybe gave her some cover for the rain? And why did it take so long for Lei to remember DS’ “secret” plan? Oh and the part where Lei goes “who knows DS email?” How could you NOT know if you guys have always been so close? Just plain weird. 

@insertusernamehere I laughed so hard reading your comments because they’re so true!! Hahaha especially the part where you say “didn’t DMS have a contingency plan? Like what if he actually died?” Hahaha! If he already had a plan prepared, then why did he resort to the hunger strike? Couldn’t he have tried to show his mom his plan first? 

And guys, just wondering here but did any of you actually understand what the plan was? Honestly it sounded like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me. To me, it basically said this “the only way to move forward is to let go of the past and to find creative ways to evolve. I did a lot of research and basically we can be anything to anyone and my friends (F3) can achieve anything considering Ximen is tea expert, Lei is genius musician and Meizuo (I don’t even know what he does) can convince anyone to invest.” 

I mean honestly couldn’t understand what was so great about it because it didn’t really explain what it was! And somehow it will also make SC’s special squid sauce sell like crazy. Lol

Agree with you that the wedding arc was a total fail by the writers!  I didn't understand what the plan was either. Someone else here in the forum kindly explained what he was talking about with the incubation thing, but it made zero sense to me when DS was talking about it.  I'm guessing that the plan is Daoming group will create a new division within the company that invests in startups and AI, and then the profit from these startups/AI will bring in the much needed cash to save Daoming Group. F3 will help by both bringing in startups and potential investing partners.  Their first startup will be Shan Cai's Eight Treasure Squid sauce, as they sell it nationwide. 

But yeah, it's very confusing when DS talks about it in the drama.  

22 hours ago, kokodus said:

Initially I saw lots of comments saying that Shan Cai has been over reacting, because this version of Si didn't even do anything terrible, like he didn't step on her phone intentionally, also he didn't send men to harrass her either. Well the problem is that if we compare him to the previous 2001 Ah si, or Tsukasa/Gu Jun Pyo he indeed would seem a 100 times more better. But if we compare him to a normal person like you and me, he does seem to have extreme anger management issues. That scene where he slammed the food on her face was very painful to watch. Also the way he pushed Li zhen away violently. Any guy who grew up with a sister wouldn't be soo violent with other girls. That's what I thought when I first watched it, but I think his violent behaviour can very well be attributed to his mom and his sister as well seeing how they both treat him. His sister means well of course, but I guess he never learnt that he shouldnt hit girls. Not a problem, SC was there to teach him how to behave. LOL. He totally deserved that flying kick imo

We can clearly see the flash of regret in his face immediately after he slammed the food on her. He knew what he did was wrong but his hardass self can't apologize or make it right, hence why that flying kick was needed. Hahaha. 

I will admit the toning down of the bullying in the beginning episodes made the show hard going for me initially. it was difficult to get behind Shan Cai when Si stepped on her phone by accident, not on purpose. Yes, there was some mean talk, and yes, Si's attitude was arrogant, but I did feel like SC reaction was too extreme. Not that she shouldn't have been angry, just that the level of anger seemed disproportionate to what actually happened. The set up was a writing fail for me. When Si hit her with the food, that's when I finally felt he was crossing a line, and deserved Shan Cai's wrath, but again her kick in the face came off as too extreme for me, too cartoony.  I know why the kick had to be included, but it just felt a bit off for me.  I blame the writers because I agree with you that DS is by no means a great guy at the beginning and he does have serious anger management issues, along with other persoality issues. The producer had mentioned that they wanted this version to feel more realistic and grounded in its portrayal of the violence, and I wish that the writers had stuck to that the whole way through rather than doing it halfway so that Si seems grounded but Shan Cai is over the top manga. In fact, the characterization of Si in this version is one of the best things. By bringing the focus more toward the fact that this is a person who's got anger issues and impulse control problems who regrets his actions, this made the character so much more human and relatable and I could finally understand why Shan Cai would eventually give him the time of day.

20 hours ago, rocky689 said:

One of my favorite parts about this version, like some other people have mentioned, is they actually did relationship things when they weren't overcoming this and that. I always felt a disconnect with the original, because I always thought to myself, what are they fighting so hard for? they are so incompatible, even if they did end up together it's going to be such a rocky relationship. Despite DMS saving SC on multiple occasions and doing and saying things that make the viewer go AWWW...what else was there? He has always been very impulsive and over the top so declaring his undying love for SC over and over just seemed normal. I saw real growth when he spent the whole night keeping SC company to be with a heartbroken Xiaoyou, because it was important to her.  I really felt that he had come so far with these little things that are important for building the foundation for a solid relationship. The look on SC's face definitely showed more appreciation for him than when he was saving her. Makes fighting so hard to hold on to each other much more believable.

YES! I always felt the same type of disconnect in the other versions. This version is definitely more believable for their relationship.

19 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@rocky689 same! I also liked that there was much more of DS and SC just having dates and doing mundane things together like studying together, eating together and even supporting their friends together like whenever they kept XY company during karaoke. 

I also liked that there were a lot of displays of affection between them like forehead kisses, holding hands, hugging and even when they were with their friends, they were sitting together with one of them leaning on the other. I know a lot of us hoped for more passionate kisses but we also have to remember there were more of these other forms of affection than the other versions. 

I also liked that this version just had them acting like a regular couple. 

8 hours ago, marielou92 said:

yes!! that’s why people would say that the Daomingsi & Shancai in this 2018 version is the sweetest and the most in love compare to all the previous adaptations., they have a lot of sweet scenes and even the smallest sweet gestures from them looks so natural that’s why their chemistry is so palpable :wub:

regardless of its flaw which all the other previous versions have too, I so love this Meteor Garden 2018 the most than all the previous adaptations because we could really see clearly the love between CaiSi and their character development here :wub:

Agree. This version really nailed the Shan Cai & Si romance. There was a progression and it felt natural and believable. 

44 minutes ago, rocat said:

I just saw DMS in Manila ... on a billboard as large as a basketball court beside Mall of Asia. Heh.

think Meteor Garden 2018 has just started showing here and boy, do they have a lot of fans. 

I was excited too and I’ve seen the show plus the crazy ending. 

@rocat is he endorsing a particular brand? Do take a photo for us when you get a chance! I’m guessing he’ll end up being an endorser for Bench at some point like how they did it for Jerry Yan back then. 

@rocat and @mouse007 Are you both based in PH? I once saw him in a LED Ad in MOA Arena when I visited Manila sometime last month. That's probably what you saw? I almost screamed like a dying hyena coz I was too excited when I saw it lol. 

There are rumors circulating too that he's coming to PH this November (some staff from the TV network who acquired the rights for MG2018 said so) but not pretty sure if that's really gunna happen and if with other MG2018 casts. Hoping for both! 

42 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@rocat is he endorsing a particular brand? Do take a photo for us when you get a chance! I’m guessing he’ll end up being an endorser for Bench at some point like how they did it for Jerry Yan back then. 

Heh, unfortunately not. It’s for the Meteor Garden promotion...sorry I wasn’t clear earlier. It is one of him looking all haughty in a suit. I doubt I’ll go back to the area again cos I’m flying off soon. Sorry to disappoint!

Bench has Park Hyung Sik all over their display windows. Not complaining.

5 minutes ago, savingemily said:

@rocat and @mouse007 Are you both based in PH? I once saw him in a LED Ad in MOA Arena when I visited Manila sometime last month. That's probably what you saw? I almost screamed like a dying hyena coz I was too excited when I saw it lol. 

There are rumors circulating too that he's coming to PH this November (some staff from the TV network who acquired the rights for MG2018 said so) but not pretty sure if that's really gunna happen and if with other MG2018 casts. Hoping for both! 

Yes! That is what I saw.

But I am not based here but want to if they are coming in Nov. Keke.

6 hours ago, savingemily said:

Am I the only one who got hyped up that he is actually half-naked here and SC is there, holding the water hose? I mean he is most likely just wearing trunks and just thinking about it makes my imagination run wild. LMAO. Omg pardon my crazy thoughts :sweat_smile:

I was thinking about this scene too! haha. We're supposed to believe he's naked right?? I mean they're married, so why should he shower with clothes on. That's what I'll believe anyways lol.

I agree the food scene was hard to swallow but this was pure Domyouji and I'm kind of glad they did it. I always hated when he slapped her/girls in the manga, I think it may have happened twice or so? Somehow I preferred the sweet and sour pork container than an outright slap, lol. Anyways, I cried with SC that first ep when she broke down to Lei and it got me hooked to the show immediately.  You could tell he regretted it as soon as he did it. In the end, I think MG2018 DS growth is more developed and satisfying to watch than any other version.

I just read all 80 chapters out of Hana Nochi Dare, the sequel to HYD manga. Anyone else reading?? I kind of love it haha.. The essence and characters are kind of similar yet so different. The main guy is kind of a dork, the heroine isn't as blind to the guys' feelings and the second lead is much more forward so the love triangle is fleshed out a lot more from the beginning.

It's almost strange to see SC crushing on and getting her heart broken because of Lei in the early eps because I only remember the SC who stood in the rain for two days for Si. Hahaha. I almost forgot that SC who was pining over Lei even after knowing that he loves Jing. Now it's really funny thinking about how many times she has ditched Lei and went to be with Si (the bus chase, London arc etc) while watching these eps where she is in love with Lei. LOL. And how she sees Dao Ming Si as nothing but a immature petulant bully. Ahhhhh this rewatch is purely exciting, I can't wait to reach the eps where she sees him differently eventually developing feelings for this man-child, whom she used to despise. Eeeeee. 

3 hours ago, feliset said:

just read all 80 chapters out of Hana Nochi Dare, the sequel to HYD manga. Anyone else reading?? I kind of love it haha.. The essence and characters are kind of similar yet so different. The main guy is kind of a dork, the heroine isn't as blind to the guys' feelings and the second lead is much more forward so the love triangle is fleshed out a lot more from the beginning.

I’m so glad you mentioned this. I read the first chapter of the HND, but was so depressed Domyouji wasn’t in it so I stopped reading it. But if you’re saying that it’s good, that’s enough for me! Maybe Angie Chai can adapt that too. A whole meteor garden television universe, please! 

4 hours ago, rocat said:

Heh, unfortunately not. It’s for the Meteor Garden promotion...sorry I wasn’t clear earlier. It is one of him looking all haughty in a suit. I doubt I’ll go back to the area again cos I’m flying off soon. Sorry to disappoint!

Bench has Park Hyung Sik all over their display windows. Not complaining.

Yes! That is what I saw.

OMG, I would literally do a Hua Ze Lei and snog that billboard if I saw it!! I live in the UK and nobody has even heard of MG here, so I won’t be seeing any billboards of him :bawling: One time I saw a tiny poster of Aaron Kwok and I thought that was amazing. *sigh* 

On the rewatch I’m still finding SC’s obsession with Lei so difficult to watch. Have to fast forward those bits. Too upsetting. It will be the same with the engagement with Xiao Zi, and Caina and Meizuo for different reasons (curse you Terrence (care so little that I haven’t even checked how to spell your name) - you massive waste of HD screen time!!!). 

13 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

I’m so glad you mentioned this. I read the first chapter of the HND, but was so depressed Domyouji wasn’t in it so I stopped reading it. But if you’re saying that it’s good, that’s enough for me! Maybe Angie Chai can adapt that too. A whole meteor garden television universe, please!

It's a lighter read. I feel like the main characters have their quirks but are much less flawed so while it's not as frustrating to read, the highs and lows are neither as high or as low as the original and the impact isn't quite the same. The characters are quicker to realize/express their feelings so that's kind of refreshing. It's still satisfying my craving overall. Tsukasa is mentioned often and there are cameos from the other guys so far.

There's a j-drama out.. not sure how good it is though.

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier, I've been out of town. Did anyone else find the ending sort of ambiguous? I am wondering if I am losing something in translation and if people who finished the manga or watched the earlier versions can tell me for sure... but are we 100% certain the ending after she blacked out wasn't just a dream? It's just so strange with the "conjuring" and DMZ etc. Did that happen in the manga or earlier versions? At first, I thought, they've left this open to be just a dream that she wakes up from and could totally make a season 2...but that might just be wishful thinking on my part haha.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, kokodus said:

Initially I saw lots of comments saying that Shan Cai has been over reacting, because this version of Si didn't even do anything terrible, like he didn't step on her phone intentionally, also he didn't send men to harrass her either. Well the problem is that if we compare him to the previous 2001 Ah si, or Tsukasa/Gu Jun Pyo he indeed would seem a 100 times more better. But if we compare him to a normal person like you and me, he does seem to have extreme anger management issues. That scene where he slammed the food on her face was very painful to watch. Also the way he pushed Li zhen away violently. Any guy who grew up with a sister wouldn't be soo violent with other girls. That's what I thought when I first watched it, but I think his violent behaviour can very well be attributed to his mom and his sister as well seeing how they both treat him. His sister means well of course, but I guess he never learnt that he shouldnt hit girls. Not a problem, SC was there to teach him how to behave. LOL. He totally deserved that flying kick imo

We can clearly see the flash of regret in his face immediately after he slammed the food on her. He knew what he did was wrong but his hardass self can't apologize or make it right, hence why that flying kick was needed. Hahaha. 

Yes! My initial reaction (having not seen the original or read the manga or found you guys until episode 10) was that this guy is abusive and by the forced kiss scene I totally felt that he assaulted her. Had that been my daughter or friend, I would have wanted her to call the cops. It isn't until later, that I found myself excusing this behavior because I love the DMS character, you understand why he is the way he is as the story unfolds, and you do see those flashes of regret. It still doesn't make what he did ok at all though especially as he is yelling at her that it is her fault the whole time. I think the people who have seen earlier versions don't realize how violent this still looks/is when you aren't comparing it to something else.

A totally unrelated comment - but my daughter (4) was watching the bus scene with me. And, you can tell we're from Boston because she says..."why is no one yelling at them to stop talking and move it!" That was my initial reaction too. The people on that bus were way too nice letting them have their moment, haha. 

6 hours ago, rocat said:

Yes! That is what I saw.

Ohh, I thought you were, hoping to meet you though in Nov if you're coming back there (hope that doesn't sound creepy lol) 

I'mma teleport myself there if Dylan (and MG2018 casts) will go. :joy:

5 hours ago, feliset said:

I was thinking about this scene too! haha. We're supposed to believe he's naked right?? I mean they're married, so why should he shower with clothes on. That's what I'll believe anyways lol.

Exactly my thoughts haha! Glad I wasn't alone. I would give the production team plus points for including scenes of what married couples do in the most subtle and innocent way lol. 

5 hours ago, feliset said:

Somehow I preferred the sweet and sour pork container than an outright slap, lol. Anyways, I cried with SC that first ep when she broke down to Lei and it got me hooked to the show immediately.  You could tell he regretted it as soon as he did it. In the end, I think MG2018 DS growth is more developed and satisfying 

This is true. I find it personally disturbing though when he hit her with the food box. First, you don't waste food but most importantly, you don't harm girls.

He, for sure, had anger management issues but it has since then improved up to none after they became an official couple. The wonders of what love can do. 

6 hours ago, savingemily said:

@savingemily I grew up in PH but no, I'm not based there. I would love to have seen the billboard though! Back when the Taiwanese MG was being aired, it was so popular that they put up posters of Jerry Yan everywhere and Bench ran this campaign where you got a free poster of him if you bought something from the store. I remember buying Bench just so I could get my hands on a free poster and I even took care not to get it wrinkled on the way home! LOL

@rocat yes, I saw the Park Hyung Sik ads and he looks pretty awesome! Loved him in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon so much. I think he plays "Mike" in the K version of Suits? I haven't seen it.

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

I dropped this show a while ago will watch it soon how has it gone? 

@Wotad I personally loved it. It isn't without its faults but I still thoroughly enjoyed it and will watch again. I think it's the best out of all the MG versions.

Finally finished the drama ya'll. SC/DMS domestic bliss is so fun to watch! I had really wanted that in the BoF version 

I have to say this is the favorite so far, but I've only seen BoF haha so now I gotta watch the Japanese and Taiwanese versions to make sure!! What a journey this has been though. This was only the 2nd or 3rd time I've followed a drama while it aired on TV and commented on these forums and everyone's commentaries really enhanced the experience for me. 

Can't wait to see the other upcoming projects our MG and F4 are going to be in because they are bomb as actors. I loved Shen Yue in My Love So Beautiful, but this drama truly made me love her more!! 

10 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@Wotad I personally loved it. It isn't without its faults but I still thoroughly enjoyed it and will watch again. I think it's the best out of all the MG versions.

Ditto. What episode did you give up on @Wotad because it definitely got better and was worth the investment for me. 

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@rocat yes, I saw the Park Hyung Sik ads and he looks pretty awesome! Loved him in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon so much. I think he plays "Mike" in the K version of Suits? I haven't seen it.

@mouse007 he was good in SWDBS but not so much in Suits cos there were characters much stronger than his so he was sort of overshadowed. I dropped it halfway. Didn’t like his character in it nor his hair. Hehe.

2 hours ago, savingemily said:

Ohh, I thought you were, hoping to meet you though in Nov if you're coming back there (hope that doesn't sound creepy lol) 

I'mma teleport myself there if Dylan (and MG2018 casts) will go. :joy:

@savingemily haha! What won’t fans do? Srsly, they have a big following here and they just might!

4 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

OMG, I would literally do a Hua Ze Lei and snog that billboard if I saw it!! I live in the UK and nobody has even heard of MG here, so I won’t be seeing any billboards of him :bawling: One time I saw a tiny poster of Aaron Kwok and I thought that was amazing. *sigh* 

On the rewatch I’m still finding SC’s obsession with Lei so difficult to watch. Have to fast forward those bits. Too upsetting. It will be the same with the engagement with Xiao Zi, and Caina and Meizuo for different reasons (curse you Terrence (care so little that I haven’t even checked how to spell your name) - you massive waste of HD screen time!!!). 

@cantbreathe I would love to see someone do that - cracks me up just imagining it! Such fun!

Archived