[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

now that im rewatching the very first episode 

im so glad they tonned down the abuse ... bcuz holly richard simmons i would have hatted that rich kid too xD

the more i watch hanayori dango the more i notice stuff i guess ...i understand that we need to see the very bad to enjoi the very best 

and i understand its a fiction 

that forced kiss scene is not even romantizised as everybody is saying ! THERE IS 0 ROMANCE in that scene 

sc cried and begged for mercy ! even daoming si fascial exepression show no enjoyment really 

just anger and sadness right after he sees her cry 

the "romance" IS BADLY HANDLED REALLY AFTER ! when sc seemes like she forgive him after 3h lol ..; and is like getting jealouse seeying him with other femals ect ! 

and he gets stubborn and claim " ugh its your fault anyways " ! like ????? xD 

the scene when he takes her back to his house for the make over is abusive too ! she must have been so scared and weirdedup going to a place shes never been befor 

they tried to make it look like daoming si almost:never uses his social/economic powers in this version ... but that first kidnapping 

and how he bought then slapped her with her parents shop food was just that really ..( very lowkey still compared to the classic work where domyoji dont even try to be humble about how rich  and powerful he is ) 

another abusive side is " the stalkish" behaviours he can have tru the show ... or how little he trusted her ( even befor they even dated really) like that episode when she went to have fun with hr hightschool friends 

and he just showedup uninvited ! almost sent that dude to the hospital by hitting him ! and made sanshai like she did something something wrong while she only wanted to enjoi some time with her old friends

dont get me wrong guys ! im the biggest daoming si/ domiyoji fan ... i love the complexity of the character so mush this post is purely focused on the abusive part of his personality ect ! god knows how mush i enjoy his developement and qualities 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still on the forced kiss scene, but I agree it is not romantic at all and I don't think that is what they were going for. I actually thought the scene was executed well, but the follow-up was not. You feel his inability to control his temper and his regret. You also feel her terror. I did feel like them meeting on the bridge and her walking away showed an elapsed amount of time. I always really love the drunk SC scene at Jing's party. I don't know if the translation is perfect, but I love how she's like "you've brought me nothing but trouble and who would want to listen to your bs."

@rimjayc I agree. We really need to see the worst to appreciate the best that comes after. It's like SC has seen him in his worst, hence nothing can make her flinch and she has accepted him as he is. He didn't try to be a good man in front of her, he really changed and developed into a mature gentleman  because of her. There is a lot of difference and i'm always a sucker for such stories where a jerkass male lead turns into a sweet marshmallow because of a girl. It never gets old and gives us all kinds of feels. Honestly for SC, no matter how you see it, Lei should be the reasonable and natural choice. He will take care of her, will not make fun of her, is not short tempered and beats up people on a whim, is not a heir of Dao ming group and whose mom is not the evil Dao ming Feng. LOL.

Seeing these initial eps I can't help but think how stupid and completely blind SC is to her own feelings for Si . Her infatuation with Lei is both funny and frustrating to watch. LOL. 

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

Yes I know, right?? He still has the pineapple head, the theory that his pineapple head is the manifestation of his rebellious mood and how in the later half of the drama, when SC started opening up to him, he found the love he wanted and hence less of pineapple hair. Technically speaking, his hair should've been normal here, because they already started dating. Idk. Lol. 

@kokodus exactly. That’s why I mentioned it, because if we go by that theory, he shouldn’t have the pineapple head at this point. 

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

@rimjayc I agree. We really need to see the worst to appreciate the best that comes after. It's like SC has seen him in his worst, hence nothing can make her flinch and she has accepted him as he is. He didn't try to be a good man in front of her, he really changed and developed into a mature gentleman  because of her. There is a lot of difference and i'm always a sucker for such stories where a jerkass male lead turns into a sweet marshmallow because of a girl. It never gets old and gives us all kinds of feels. Honestly for SC, no matter how you see it, Lei should be the reasonable and natural choice. He will take care of her, will not make fun of her, is not short tempered and beats up people on a whim, is not a heir of Dao ming group and whose mom is not the evil Dao ming Feng. LOL.

Seeing these initial eps I can't help but think how stupid and completely blind SC is to her own feelings for Si . Her infatuation with Lei is both funny and frustrating to watch. LOL. 

@kokodus 100% agree on what you said here. DS became a better person because of SC. She brought out the best in him and he loved her for her character. Yes, Lei would have been the logical choice, he would always be good to her and never hurt her. But it would have lacked passion. SC and DS work because they compliment each other and bring out the best in each other. 

I thought I would get over this fairly quickly.. but then I keep going back to the ost and remembering the scene where Daoming si throws her neckalace.

I also found out that, Dylan actually had the Meteor neckalace handcrafted for Shen Yue for her birthday, and they ended up using it in the drama... so sweet!

Now, after this drama, I can't see Shen Yue in another drama with another guy lol. 

17 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Honestly though guys, isn’t it amazing how a person this good looking exists? 

No he doesn't exist. My theory is that he doesn't belong to this Earth, he is from a different planet and somehow accidentally landed up on this planet Earth. I think I have done something good in my previous life to have been fortunate enough to live in the same time period as him. LOL. Did I go overboard? 

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

No he doesn't exist. My theory is that he doesn't belong to this Earth, he is from a different planet and somehow accidentally landed up on this planet Earth. I think I have done something good in my previous life to have been fortunate enough to live in the same time period as him. LOL. Did I go overboard? 

@kokodus hush! There’s no such thing as going overboard. I am 100% supportive of this fangirling

I want to thank all users for the nice discussion here. It was a great pleasure to read it during watching, even if I was too busy to join. So let's hope the story between Dong Shancai and Daoming Si  or even better Shen Yue / Dylan Wang will somehow continue in the future.

I need help, ladies. I'm suffering from serious withdrawals and now looking at flights to and hotels in Shanghai :crazy: I'm rewatching it again but it doesn't seem to help. I just miss them more and more!

On that note, if you do have details on where they shot what scenes, please tag/PM me because we're definitely going to Shanghai!

4 hours ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

I need help, ladies. I'm suffering from serious withdrawals and now looking at flights to and hotels in Shanghai :crazy: I'm rewatching it again but it doesn't seem to help. I just miss them more and more!

On that note, if you do have details on where they shot what scenes, please tag/PM me because we're definitely going to Shanghai!

I am withdrawing pretty hard too. I've found that looking at their bts scenes help.. although they are just as cute off screen lol.

I do know that the location they shot Mindge university from is an actual university. Here is the link. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi'an_Jiaotong-Liverpool_University

9 hours ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

oh man, wish I could go with you! Would love to visit and see all the places they filmed at

Archived