[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

doing my rewatch now.. I'm on ep 2. Random thoughts:

- it doesn't look like sub-zero weather yet

- shancai's dubbing sounds slightly different in character at the beginning. Younger, more annoying? I guess the voice actress changes up the style gradually over the series

- Throughout the series, there are so many scenes where two people are talking, and one just leaves without a goodbye or see you later. I can't remember them all now but I remember finding it awkward everytime it happens lol. This happens in ep 1 at SC and lei's first rooftop meeting. But even on a lot of SC/DS's outings, they'll do it too. I'm just nitpicking but in normal situations, you'd say something like 'lets go home' then walk together until the point where you need to go separate ways instead of just 'ok im going home' and leaving the other person behind to look at your back as you walk away lol.

- I thought I knew all of DS's outfits but here's one I missed that lasted only a few seconds. It happens during the scenes where he's watching SC and Qinghe being friendly with eachother over a few days. Ugh I love his entire wardrobe (apart from that coat he wore at the fishing village LOL)

Screen_Shot_2018_09_07_at_12_23_01_PM.pn

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to the topic of kissing again (lol). Now after watching the BTS kiss scenes, I think some of the lacklustre kisses weren't done on purpose for the story at all, it was just SY/DD style kissing. It feels like for the kiss scenes, they just kind of make them redo them again and again without much direction until one looks sort of right. In the bouquet toss kiss BTS, you hear DD going 'how should I kiss??' and SY telling him to be more accurate. In the end, the final cut still has him hitting her nose before her lips lmao. I'm sure it gets awkward after 5 takes and they just end up picking the best but I feel like the director could have helped them out a lot more.

The tie pull kiss BTS is super cute.

This cooking competition arc has to be my most favorite arc. How he gave his heart and soul to support and encourage her, he looks at her like she is the only girl in this world. Sigh, where can I get a boyfriend like him?? Though J version had a similar arc but I don't remember it being this cute. There certainly was no doodling and sleeping together. LOL. 

There is one scene where she says to the chef guy that one look at Si gives her courage to go forward. During the competition when Ah Si gets up to go to her when she was facing a hard time at the final round, the F3 tried to stop him and Lei says that it would only panic her more. And I was like, " No Lei, you are so wrong!!!!!!! She needs him now, let him go!!!!!" LOL. 

tumblr_pczwmkSJj81xbv9g8o4_500.gif

I think the BTS of this scene was equally cute. EEEEEEEEE. 

tumblr_pc5fq6scK91xzctfeo5_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pc5fq6scK91xzctfeo8_250.gif

@kokodus what I loved about the cooking show arc the most is that DS is shown as having a lot of pride and couldn’t care less about the people around him. And yet during the cooking competition you see him standing, cheering and clapping for SC with no regard for composure whatsoever. Lol

I also loved that he used this opportunity to not only help SC’s family with a financial situation but this is the first time you see him actually helping SC achieve her dreams. Ugh, that scene where they play cards and he draws on her face is one of my favourite scenes. It’s the first time you see a glimpse of what they would be like as a couple - having fun, being relaxed with each other and being playful. It totally shows the chemistry between them. I think this scene also highlights the difference between SC’s relationship with DS vs. Lei. Yes, Lei would have been the logical choice if you think about it but in this scene, you can see why DS is the better choice. They just jive better. Sure, they bicker and banter and disagree a lot but their personalities add spice to their relationship. It’s what makes them work 

22 hours ago, feliset said:

doing my rewatch now.. I'm on ep 2. Random thoughts:

- it doesn't look like sub-zero weather yet

- shancai's dubbing sounds slightly different in character at the beginning. Younger, more annoying? I guess the voice actress changes up the style gradually over the series

- Throughout the series, there are so many scenes where two people are talking, and one just leaves without a goodbye or see you later. I can't remember them all now but I remember finding it awkward everytime it happens lol. This happens in ep 1 at SC and lei's first rooftop meeting. But even on a lot of SC/DS's outings, they'll do it too. I'm just nitpicking but in normal situations, you'd say something like 'lets go home' then walk together until the point where you need to go separate ways instead of just 'ok im going home' and leaving the other person behind to look at your back as you walk away lol.

- I thought I knew all of DS's outfits but here's one I missed that lasted only a few seconds. It happens during the scenes where he's watching SC and Qinghe being friendly with eachother over a few days. Ugh I love his entire wardrobe (apart from that coat he wore at the fishing village LOL)

I never noticed that outfit either. Wow, he really suits lighter coloured clothing.

Also, hands up who wanted to get more velvet into their wardrobe after seeing it on DMS! Haha. The coat on their date to the zoo was so luxe, as was the hoodie he was wearing when he tells her he’s going to stay and wait for her to graduate. 

YALL. You have to see this. 

this is the actual dance from the wedding episode with zhuang!! The funny thing is that I've seen this video before, but when I watched it in the drama, I didn't even recognize it. Now we see how it's supposed to be portrayed :) because I thought the dance was a bit awkward in the drama

@roxnilla7 thanks for sharing the dance video! Man these people are such good dancers! Wis( I could move like them! I’ve tried dance classes before and they’re so hard! They’re so fun though and such a great workout. I can definitely see where they got the choreography from!

Thanks to dylanwangloop for subbing this BTS. It is seriously very difficult to move on from this show after seeing all these off cam moments. I can't stress enough how adorable the whole cast is. I wish they do a movie version with the same cast because I can't get enough of them. Sighhh

Dmn0W04U8AASq8r?format=jpg

yep the old hag she is referring to is didi. LOL. 

17 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus what I loved about the cooking show arc the most is that DS is shown as having a lot of pride and couldn’t care less about the people around him. And yet during the cooking competition you see him standing, cheering and clapping for SC with no regard for composure whatsoever. Lol

I also loved that he used this opportunity to not only help SC’s family with a financial situation but this is the first time you see him actually helping SC achieve her dreams. Ugh, that scene where they play cards and he draws on her face is one of my favourite scenes. It’s the first time you see a glimpse of what they would be like as a couple - having fun, being relaxed with each other and being playful. It totally shows the chemistry between them. I think this scene also highlights the difference between SC’s relationship with DS vs. Lei. Yes, Lei would have been the logical choice if you think about it but in this scene, you can see why DS is the better choice. They just jive better. Sure, they bicker and banter and disagree a lot but their personalities add spice to their relationship. It’s what makes them work 

Yes exactly. I agree with everything you said. Don't you think my siggy quote suits this couple very much?? Hahaha. I'm a sucker for this kind of romance where two head strong personalities fall in love and everyone around them thinks that it won't work, but you just know that they belong to each other. Actually they have made Si's character to be a lot less arrogant and more soft, which on one hand is a good thing, but you see in other versions you don't even know why she would fall in love with such an richard simmons. Especially Gu Jun Pyo, he brought nothing but pain to her, but she still wanted to be with him. It's not like she accepts him with all his flaws, which is kinda true, but it's more like she can't help but get attracted to him like a magnet despite very well knowing how much of a jerk he is and the baggage that comes with him if she were to be with him for the rest of the life. Nothing matters though, because they love each other. She knows he will do anything for her even if he is being a douchebag to everyone else  That kind of dynamic is so what I live for. I know it doesn't work in real life, but there is something about seeing such doomed relationship thwarting all the obstacles, both due to internal conflicts and external forces. Haha.

But this Si is very sweet that I was confused why she took such a long time to accept him. But then there are also scenes when he randomly goes and ruins her high school reunion. Lol. I think the writers did a good job of balancing out both the good and bad sides of him. I wouldn't have minded a even more douchebag Si, but I'm happy with what we got. 

@kokodus absolutely. I also love stories like this where the guy does everything for the girl and protects her and takes care of her which DS does so well. There’s just something about a girl changing a “bad” boy that is so attractive. Even in real

life, girls fall for bad boys all the time! Lol but honestly, I’m the type that is attracted to the DS of this world but will pick the Lei because the DS of this world continue to be Richard Simmons. Lol

So I am watching the original MG having never seen it and the differences are really interesting. Here are my thoughts if anyone is willing to compare them with me:

1. The subtitles are better explaining certain scenes that I saw in the 2018 version but didn't understand, for example the Lei/Jing encounter in the hotel.

2. Barbie should never ever run. She is a terrible runner and it is painful to watch, lol.

3. Without all the extra scenes that 2018 has, you actually see SC's feelings for DMS much sooner in this version. While SC references missing DMS on the Lei date in the 2018 version you don't really feel like she likes him beyond a friend at that point; in this version you really feel that she is torn between her feelings for both early on and that she recognizes her feelings for him earlier.

4. The kisses are much better in the original.

5. The Lei character is very similar in look and mannerisms. 

6. There is less talk about her being unattractive. Is the only issue here her background? They mention SC being ugly a lot in the 2018. Are they joking when the pick on her for this? Personally I think SY is very pretty. But, is she supposed to be less attractive than DMS or is he joking because they never talk about her looks like that in the original version.

7. The accent seems very different to me. Is this true?

8. 2001 fashion in Taiwan was very different from 2001 fashion in the US. I say this as someone who was old enough to watch this then. 

I'm only on episode 10...so more to come. 

21 hours ago, kokodus said:

Thanks to dylanwangloop for subbing this BTS. It is seriously very difficult to move on from this show after seeing all these off cam moments. I can't stress enough how adorable the whole cast is. I wish they do a movie version with the same cast because I can't get enough of them. Sighhh

Dmn0W04U8AASq8r?format=jpg

yep the old hag she is referring to is didi. LOL. 

OMG this is so adorable .. I miss them too

I want to see them in next project too ..

I'm officially the woman who can't be moved and I diagnosed myself with PDD—postdrama depression. 

I've been spending my days watching BTS clips and my fave scenes. Like literally as soon as I get home from work until I go to sleep. I might start re-watching the whole series again at this rate lol.

Anyhow, anyone else here heard that there's undubbed version of MG2018's first 8 episodes? It's somewhere down the underground Chinese forums and I badly want to watch these. Hearing their real voices would be great.  :bawling:

2 hours ago, savingemily said:

I'm officially the woman who can't be moved and I diagnosed myself with PDD—postdrama depression. 

I've been spending my days watching BTS clips and my fave scenes. Like literally as soon as I get home from work until I go to sleep. I might start re-watching the whole series again at this rate lol.

Anyhow, anyone else here heard that there's undubbed version of MG2018's first 8 episodes? It's somewhere down the underground Chinese forums and I badly want to watch these. Hearing their real voices would be great.  :bawling:

That's what I am doing to!!! I haven't rewatched the whole thing yet coz the endless replay of the BTS, my fave scenes and IG/Twitter/Et Al feed checks take up most of my time between after work and family life too LMAO. Must rewatch the whole series or Didi better start filming a new drama soon to cure this. :D

Oh undubbed versions? Kindly share it here if it is indeed true. 

just randomely back to make sure that everybody remembers that doaming si ! the mighty leader of the f4 and sucessor to the doaming hold

is one of the fluffiest cuddliest most cute human being alive around his girl 

i still live for that and here is few of my favorites 

tumblr_pdsh2lMYQu1xzctfeo7_540.gif

tumblr_pcxn1wqiH31rzwtjbo3_500.gif

tumblr_pe93thIV621xzctfeo10_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pe9873LaTH1xzctfeo1_540.gif

On 9/10/2018 at 9:38 AM, bccem99 said:

So I am watching the original MG having never seen it and the differences are really interesting. Here are my thoughts if anyone is willing to compare them with me:

3. Without all the extra scenes that 2018 has, you actually see SC's feelings for DMS much sooner in this version. While SC references missing DMS on the Lei date in the 2018 version you don't really feel like she likes him beyond a friend at that point; in this version you really feel that she is torn between her feelings for both early on and that she recognizes her feelings for him earlier.

4. The kisses are much better in the original.

5. The Lei character is very similar in look and mannerisms. 

6. There is less talk about her being unattractive. Is the only issue here her background? They mention SC being ugly a lot in the 2018. Are they joking when the pick on her for this? Personally I think SY is very pretty. But, is she supposed to be less attractive than DMS or is he joking because they never talk about her looks like that in the original version.

7. The accent seems very different to me. Is this true?

I'm only on episode 10...so more to come. 

Yes for no 3 & 4, especially for the kiss lol. Compared to 2018 ver, Jerry and Barbie don't have a lot of kiss scene but yeah I agree that they did great in the kiss scene.

5. Vic Zhou did great job playing the cool Hua Ze Lei here. One of my fave scene is when SC woke up after Lei saved her from sauna and then she found out that Ah Si will spend the night with XZ. She couldn't sleep so she asked if she can hold Lei's hand, and Lei said okay. It's just simple but so sweet of Lei because he knew why exactly SC did that. Too bad they didn't recreate this scene in 2018 ver.

6. I also think that SY is pretty and cute girl. Haters are just gonna hate and that's what they will always do :).

7. Abouy the accent, it maybe seems different because they're using Taiwanese accent?? 

Talking about the undub version, I want to see it too! Is it possible that they would also release the dvd with undub version? DyShen have a nice voice, it would be great to rewatch it with their original voice :)

Archived