[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

Someone said above that DMS said "I like you" when in Canada but Netflix translated this to "I love you." Is he saying "I like you" or "I love you" in the original language in the more recent episodes like when locked in the room and when in the park? And, can someone explain to us English speakers if the difference between these phrases has the same meaning in Chinese as in English?

Also, I had to lol when SC said she wouldn't go over at night because what if he thinks she's an "easy" girl. Girl, you have been in a bedroom how many times with this guy now and absolutely nothing beyond a brief kiss has happened many of those times. I think you're in no danger of DMS thinking you're easy given how much he has to do just to kiss his gfriend, lol. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, bccem99 said:

Someone said above that DMS said "I like you" when in Canada but Netflix translated this to "I love you." Is he saying "I like you" or "I love you" in the more recent episodes like when locked in the room and when in the park? And, can someone explain to us English speakers if the difference between these phrases has the same meaning in Chinese as in English?

Also, I had to lol when SC said she wouldn't go over at night because what if he thinks she's an "easy" girl. Girl, you have been in a bedroom how many times with this guy now and absolutely nothing beyond a brief kiss has happened many of those times. I think you're in no danger of DMS thinking you're easy given how much he has to do just to kiss his gfriend, lol. 

He said "I like you" (Wo xi huan ni). "I love you" is "wo ai ni" I think. Difference seems to be like this: See here

And yeah I wonder how many times SC already blue-balled Dms loool poor boy...

43 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

Someone said above that DMS said "I like you" when in Canada but Netflix translated this to "I love you." Is he saying "I like you" or "I love you" in the original language in the more recent episodes like when locked in the room and when in the park? And, can someone explain to us English speakers if the difference between these phrases has the same meaning in Chinese as in English?

DMS said “i really love you” in the bedroom scene. Certainly a level up since his confession in Canada.

Just watched NF 36... my face the entire time :love::love:

ARghhhhh they're just so cute. I love the added little scene where they hugged outside the apartments in the middle of the night when they couldn't sleep and how just much he's willing to enter her world.

In the manga, he leaves in the middle of the night to go get rest in his own bed and the next day when she overhears his conversation with F2, she hears him complaining about how he can't handle sleeping there. For the previous user who said SC isn't any more resistant in this adaptation and she's facing all the same obstacles as always, the difference this time is that the writers are seriously doing the most in eliminating DS' faults and upping his good qualities. So while she may not be any more unsure this time around, her resistance becomes a little more frustrating here because we have this guy who as evident on this thread is winning hearts alllll over and we were just left wondering what's she pushing back so much for? lol!

That said, she's clearly really come around in the last few eps and I'm just soooo enjoying watching them both navigate the relationship with mutual love for eachother. I liked watching him trying to win her over too but this is just such a nice breath of fresh air (until richard simmons hits the fan again soon!)

Netflix again released only one ep today but god was that ep not SOOOOOOOOOO swooony and cute. I can't even..... Dao Ming Si being the proctective boyfriend kills me. Where can I get one?? I swear there are theives around my house as well. Haha. It's really nice seeing SC opening up to him though... I think they reached past a point where they are still unsure about each other's feelings. They are very much sure that they love each other and they are ready to sacrifice anything to be with each other. And the best thing is that they tell each other that. Haha. I didn't expect SC to tell him that she will face any obstacle to be with him. That was really a big step for her, those days when she said she only has 10% of feelings for him are gone. Hahahaha. They have reached a point of no return. I was extremely happy while watching 36. 

They gave us two bed scenes, not one but two. LOL. @rimjayc The bed scene in the manga we talked about almost happened. Hahahaha. If only DZ hadn't had the perfect timing.....SIGHHHHHH. She said she needs 5 more years to go any further and he cutely said he will wait for her. GAHHHHHHHH. You two, why don't you just kill me???

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Netflix again released only one ep today but god was that ep not SOOOOOOOOOO swooony and cute. I can't even..... Dao Ming Si being the proctective boyfriend kills me. Where can I get one?? I swear there are theives around my house as well. Haha. It's really nice seeing SC opening up to him though... I think they reached past a point where they are still unsure about each other's feelings. They are very much sure that they love each other and they are ready to sacrifice anything to be with each other. And the best thing is that they tell each other that. Haha. I didn't expect SC to tell him that she will face any obstacle to be with him. That was really a big step for her, those days when she said she only has 10% of feelings for him are gone. Hahahaha. They have reached a point of no return. I was extremely happy while watching 36. 

They gave us two bed scenes, not one but two. LOL. @rimjayc The bed scene in the manga we talked about almost happened. Hahahaha. If only DZ hadn't had the perfect timing.....SIGHHHHHH. She said she needs 5 more years to go any further and he cutely said he will wait for her. GAHHHHHHHH. You two, why don't you just kill me???

@kokodus I love DZ but honestly I was kinda upset that she interrupted the moment. 

So many cute moments in ep 36... I love that DS and SC are finally being honest with each other and facing problems together. A few things I especially loved in this episode:

1. SC eagerly waiting for DS and feeling anxious when he's not around. It was so cute how quickly she rushed out of the house when she heard him outside swatting flies. LOL
  2. DS being genuinely happy to be living next door to SC despite the discomfort and being so proud of it even when talking to Meizou and Ximen
  3. SC indulging DS' request for hugs and letting him hold her and kiss her.
  4. DS being so sweet and such a gentleman, leaving the comfort of his house to watch over her from 1am - 5am every night! That can't be easy and she didn't even know about it but he did it happily for her. 
  5. SC being appreciative of DS' efforts and offering to sleep with him. His surprise though! Priceless!
  6. SC calling DS right away as soon as she saw the bodyguards outsider her house. And the two of them trying to figure out what to do. I think this was such a huge step in their relationship because SC is finally being open to DS and allowing DS to help her find a solution.
  7. DS and SC sharing a fist bump right outside his house and sneaking in together. I mean, how cute are they when they're working as a team??
  8. And SC telling DS that she's decided to go against all odds with him and even defending him from DZ when he was accused of taking advantage of her.

I was really hoping Netflix would give us up to episode 38 this week but alas, we only got up to ep 36. At least it's all happiness for DS and SC! 

1 hour ago, feliset said:

@kokodus Yes only one ep but it was so satisfying that I don't even mind the break until next Wednesday. If only they left off on happy moments every week. Last weekend I had to desperately seek spoilers and previews just to get through the week lol.

@feliset LOL this is me everyday.. desperately scouring the internet for spoilers, previews and any clips with eng subs that I could find. I'm seriously addicted.

Here you go guys... ep 37 with eng subs:

PS. This explains why the videos/episodes are cut slightly differently from Netflix. I don't mind, anything with eng subs is fine by me! LOL

16 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

So many cute moments in ep 36... I love that DS and SC are finally being honest with each other and facing problems together. A few things I especially loved in this episode:

1. SC eagerly waiting for DS and feeling anxious when he's not around. It was so cute how quickly she rushed out of the house when she heard him outside swatting flies. LOL
  2. DS being genuinely happy to be living next door to SC despite the discomfort and being so proud of it even when talking to Meizou and Ximen
  3. SC indulging DS' request for hugs and letting him hold her and kiss her.
  4. DS being so sweet and such a gentleman, leaving the comfort of his house to watch over her from 1am - 5am every night! That can't be easy and she didn't even know about it but he did it happily for her. 
  5. SC being appreciative of DS' efforts and offering to sleep with him. His surprise though! Priceless!
  6. SC calling DS right away as soon as she saw the bodyguards outsider her house. And the two of them trying to figure out what to do. I think this was such a huge step in their relationship because SC is finally being open to DS and allowing DS to help her find a solution.
  7. DS and SC sharing a fist bump right outside his house and sneaking in together. I mean, how cute are they when they're working as a team??
  8. And SC telling DS that she's decided to go against all odds with him and even defending him from DZ when he was accused of taking advantage of her.

Basically the whole of 36. You have listed everything. I love how when they turn on the cute, they really go for it, all in. Haha. I loved every single moment of 36. It's my new favourite ep along with 14 and 26. 

i dont have mush to say about episode 36  but 

ximen ... i see you ( me and meizou lol) changing ! not meeting more ladies and being distracted by other stuff ;)

keep fighting and putting a facades ! 

im waiting for the few episodes when he is gonna give in like doaming si was waiting for that confession xD 

and talking about SI ! here is a alittle compilation of him putting the bare really high for all the boyfriends on earth  xD

Spoiler

tumblr_pdl4v3gdsY1vjsduwo5_540.jpg

tumblr_pdma7j8UO41xdwh9uo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pdkyq8s0qa1sls47co3_540.png

tumblr_pdi1rvC4S61sls47co7_400.png

brb watching ep 37 bcuz  i guess thats where the bed scene we talked about happens @kokodus ? IM HYPED XD

17 hours ago, pirateparade said:

DMS said “i really love you” in the bedroom scene. Certainly a level up since his confession in Canada.

which episode was this? I remember he said "i love you" for the first time but can't find the scene again :cold_sweat:

Watched 38 with fan subs. Thanks to wanghediarchive in Twitter. This ep is full of Ximen and Xiao You but I'm not complaining, my heart always had a special place for them because I really liked their characters in the k version. I was getting frustrated that they are not giving enough time to them in this version and now they finally did....better late than never, I guess. I think the raeson why he is afraid of love could've been showed better. It's because of his parents failed marriage, and his father is a real jerk who treats his mother badly. They did touch upon that, but I feel like they could've stressed on it more, idk, but it still was fine and I get the emotions and his reasons for not being able to completely fall in love with anyone, mainly because Ximen/Caesar Wu is quite a good actor. Haha. I'm really looking forward to the next eps to see how much they are going to develop their story. 

FINALLY caught up yesterday!! I was behind like 5 episodes, but was keeping track of clips on instagram and twitter and via this forum so it was total torture haha

I honestly skipped ALL the Caina/ Meizou parts..sowwyy ya'll but had no emotional connection to them at all when they introduced the characters so I was like :sleeping:.  Thank goodness it's over! That was a lot of screen time devoted to a character that lacked development up to that point. No wonder people were so upset! What I'm not upset about is this Ximen/Xiayou storyline coming together. FINALLY. @kokodus Agree that it was a really good story in the Korean version. I was disappointed in how they left it pretty opened ended in that one and how Yi-Jung just goes abroad! I guess he did come back so ..

Small, unimportant point, but I was hoping they'd develop Shancai's cooking skills some more.. she spent a lot of time honing her great cooking skills and it just seems to have disappeared other than her squid cooking. I kept imagining her feeding DS some of it someday too.

Lots and lots of sweetness in these last episodes..even though I had to wake up at 7 today, it was worth it to stay up til 3 finishing up ep 36 haha. 

Lei+SC

Spoiler

Did Lei really go away for his family situations? How much was truly an effect caused by DS's mom? Or did he go away to mend his broken heart? SC only went away for a few weeks but Lei was gone for months :heartbreak: Maybe it is his acting.. but I truly truly believe that Lei loves SC..more than a friend.. he says he loves her and cares for her deeply many times but the last few episodes really drove that home for me. I felt that in the Korean BoF, but this version just really epitomizes loving from a far and sacrifice for the greater good and friendship. I will cherish these Lei/SC scenes because he's so open and honest with her during this time.  

I think he knew that SC truly love DS even though she doesn't admit it openly after the necklace scene and my heart truly broke for him while he held her because you could truly feel his pain after recognizing that.. I don't just think he played a game to get DS and SC to realize their feelings for each other (although I love him for it) because he also gets to vocalize everything he truly ever wanted to say and just say in the end that it was because he playing the game to get them to fall in love. I think he really did want SC to go like him again, but I also believe that he was truthful and earnest when he said he wishes them the best. My favorite moment was when he told SC that as long as she's happy he's happy. He's content with watching her from afar, keeping her happy as a life long friend/companion. I think the bus scene-- poignant in so many ways. Lei lets her choose twice.. and in the end she chooses DS which as the OTP I truly love, but I also was torn and wanted her to stay on the bus (even though I know realistically this doesn't happen). I was surprised by Xiao Zi, a lot of people thought she was also playing a game too, but I def think she had ulterior motives and even *thinks* and recognizes she is a bad friend for pursuing DS again. At least she doesn't hide it from SC though. 

Do we really have to have sadness coming up?  I could re-watch episodes 34-36 again and again..and might have to until Wed haha. Finally, SC vocalizing all her reservations to DS is a hallelujah. 

can we take 2min to talk about how naughty and daring daoming si has been on those 2/3 last episodes !

im dying xD 

i think he felt how mush sc is opening up to him and how mush she wanna be closer 

and omg we almost waited 35episodes for this !

it so nice and funny to see him go wild haha

Spoiler

tumblr_pdjhhfefQJ1xzctfeo5_540.gif

the " I ACTUALLY REALLY DO" was so funny xDDD 

tumblr_pdmbebmcMi1wmmidqo1_r1_540.jpg

THE WAY HE LOOKS AT HER !

and when he was like 'sc i really want to hug you ! im gona turn now" ! and just gave up to the temptation and turned but she was asleep xD

tumblr_pdjtd6LqYt1sls47co7_1280.jpg

off cam but aaaaaaaaaghhhhh so cute ! YES XD

tumblr_pdnfyziPi61utfw96o4_400.gif

for my darren lovers here 

he gave flowers to the Fans in the Airport yesterday since its Chinas Valentine’s Day, my boy is so cute omg 

tumblr_pdmyd9vok41xtyy36o1_400.jpgtumblr_pdmyd9vok41xtyy36o3_400.jpgtumblr_pdmyd9vok41xtyy36o2_400.jpgtumblr_pdmyd9vok41xtyy36o4_400.jpg

8 hours ago, maisquared said:

I honestly skipped ALL the Caina/ Meizou parts..sowwyy ya'll but had no emotional connection to them at all when they introduced the characters so I was like :sleeping:.  Thank goodness it's over! That was a lot of screen time devoted to a character that lacked development up to that point. No wonder people were so upset! What I'm not upset about is this Ximen/Xiayou storyline coming together. FINALLY. @kokodus Agree that it was a really good story in the Korean version. I was disappointed in how they left it pretty opened ended in that one and how Yi-Jung just goes abroad! I guess he did come back so ..

10 hours ago, kokodus said:

Watched 38 with fan subs. Thanks to wanghediarchive in Twitter. This ep is full of Ximen and Xiao You but I'm not complaining, my heart always had a special place for them because I really liked their characters in the k version. I was getting frustrated that they are not giving enough time to them in this version and now they finally did....better late than never, I guess. I think the raeson why he is afraid of love could've been showed better. It's because of his parents failed marriage, and his father is a real jerk who treats his mother badly. They did touch upon that, but I feel like they could've stressed on it more, idk, but it still was fine and I get the emotions and his reasons for not being able to completely fall in love with anyone, mainly because Ximen/Caesar Wu is quite a good actor. Haha. I'm really looking forward to the next eps to see how much they are going to develop their story. 

@maisquared Yeah, the Meizou/Caina storyline was disappointing and boring. I was really excited to see Meizou get his own storyline in this version, but what a letdown in execution. 

So, I've seen up to NF Ep. 36, and I just watched the fansubbed Ep. 38 because the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline was my favorite in the Korea version. I loved that couple and Kim So Eun & Kim Bum had fabulous chemistry together and both actors did a wonderful job bringing those characters to life. I too was disappointed with the open ending for their story in the Korea version, and also we never got a kiss scene for them in the Korea version either.  It was a happy ending in that Ximen came back from Sweden and went straight to Xiaoyou and he didn't say "no" when the little boy said he must be Xiaoyou's boyfriend, then they smiled at each other. (Would have preferred a kiss between them though.)  Shan Cai & Si continue to be so sweet!  I have to cherish the moments since the angst is coming! 

@kokodus I agree with you that the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline is not as developed here in this version. They are moving pretty fast and Ep. 38 covered a lot of ground, but I do hope that we get to see more development in the next few episodes. They are just skimming over the topic of his family situation which is the basis for his fear of commitment/love, and I didn't like how they left the reason for Xiaoyou's searching until the end of the episode because it is very confusing to the viewer. To be honest, they moved so fast that I am not feeling much emotional connection with the characters here, or understanding why Xiaoyou likes Ximen so much (other than he is a handsome young man), and also why Ximen is attracted to Xiaoyou in spite of himself. I see where the writers/production is trying to go, but they are not spending enough time building the foundation up, so now when they do try and add some nuance in, it falls flat for me.  I agree with you that we just get hints of things. A big part of what made the Korean version of this storyline so great was that we did get a lot of story and character development  with many scenes, interactions, and conversations between Ximen and Xiaoyou. There were also some great moments in the Korea version between Ximen and his father which really helped to give insight into his character. What I am loving for Ep. 38 is jealous Ximen!  Please I want some more of that! Kudos to Caesar Wu for his acting here with those glares! And also for showing a little of the inner conflict of the character. I just wish it was fleshed out more.  I do hope that this version will have a defined happy ending for Ximen/Xiaoyou where they are a definite couple til the end. (I heard a rumor that maybe they would be together and then break up at the end-say it ain't so!) I'm also worried that they will follow the manga ending for this couple, which I didn't like either.  

Spoiler

There has been some speculation that the kiss we saw in that preview is going to be the eqivalent of the "sexual healing" sex scene between Ximen/Xiaoyou in the manga, and that they will go their separate ways in the end. 

Archived