Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember seeing a post asking if anyone could make HuaZe Lei gifs, so here are some...  P.S. I had to upload the rest under spoiler so this post doesn't get too long.      

What in the world this show is doing to me??? Who in the hell invented that freaking hotpot?? I'm going to kill that person. Seriously why is this soooo painful. Why am I crying this much??? Who opene

@bccem99 this really is the best version of DS. I really liked that he’s also a top student in this one and takes his studies seriously. In one of the episodes Ximen and Meizuo asked him where he’d be

7 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Hahaha I think I can't get enough of Shan Cai bossing around Si. I could watch this forever. 

@kokodus same!

And I love how now that they're officially together, I love that they show up everywhere together.. so cute!

• Like 2

I like how clingy he is!!!! Hahaha. Also that couple bracelet thing....!!!!! I think they are totally overloading us with sugar so that we can survive the angst ahead. Hahaha. Guess she is already in London!!!! Go and get your man, SC!!!!!

• Like 2

This show is my crack drama at the moment. Here I am, a grown woman, constantly checking the twitter feed, watching the raw episodes, continuously refreshing the forums, then trolling NF for subbed eps and watching the subbed eps multiple times. No, I'm not obsessed! LOL! 

Back to twitter now to look for more subbed clips!

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

This show is my crack drama at the moment. Here I am, a grown woman, constantly checking the twitter feed, watching the raw episodes, continuously refreshing the forums, then trolling NF for subbed eps and watching the subbed eps multiple times. No, I'm not obsessed! LOL! 

Back to twitter now to look for more subbed clips!

@Table122000 you and me both!! 

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I like how clingy he is!!!! Hahaha. Also that couple bracelet thing....!!!!! I think they are totally overloading us with sugar so that we can survive the angst ahead. Hahaha. Guess she is already in London!!!! Go and get your man, SC!!!!!

@kokodus Yaasss! I can't blame him for being so clingy (literally) after all SC had put him through. He's like "I've finally got my woman and I'm not letting her go!" Lolol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Table122000 @mouse007 Me too. Obsessed is the word. Oh I can't believe how a show can be this addictive even when we know what will happen next. Sighhh. I'm going to have some serious withdrawal symptoms once this show gets over. 

@kokodus @Table122000 that's why I think MG is so amazing.. despite the fact we've all seen the original Taiwanese version, the Korean version, and the Japanese version, we still feel compelled to watch the Chinese version AND still get so obsessed with it. There's just something about DS and SC that make us keep coming back for more. Of course it helps that the casting in this one is amazing.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
40 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus @Table122000 that's why I think MG is so amazing.. despite the fact we've all seen the original Taiwanese version, the Korean version, and the Japanese version, we still feel compelled to watch the Chinese version AND still get so obsessed with it. There's just something about DS and SC that make us keep coming back for more. Of course it helps that the casting in this one is amazing.

Absolutely true. I was looking forward to this version but I had my doubts because everyone in the cast is a newcomer who barely has any projects under their name except for Shen Yue, even her role in ALSB was completely from the tough weed Makino, so I was not sure how she was going to pull off....but the teasers and trailers gave me some hope and I was not even that much hooked after the first ep. I was pretty disappointed that they changed so many things and watered down the major conflicts like bullying and everything. But thank God I didn't drop it, all my complaints went out of the window after the first week and I was completely addicted by the end of second week. 

I think even if I become a 80 year old grandma and if they produce a Meteor garden remake(which I'm sure they will), I'll eagerly watch it and swoon and fawn over it exactly like how I'm doing now. LOL. 

• Like 2

Been trying to not spoile the whole episode 39/40 the whole day 

but stillchecked every updated on the tags everywhere 

lord save me from this addiction xD 

im really trying to not open a raw and just go for it 

pretty please if anyone of you notice an engsub out share it with us here 

im at my limits 

Spoiler

Seen that cuddly sleepy si and sc on that coutch pictures for a week now 

i really wanna see it on motion and context ! 

Si is being a total puppy in love 

im all yes 

I think even if I become a 80 year old grandma and if they produce a Meteor garden remake(which I'm sure they will), I'll eagerly watch it and swoon and fawn over it exactly like how I'm doing now. LOL. 

@kokodus omg same ! see you in 40 years in some other forum or talk about a remake xD ! i just enjoi this story so mush ! so even after 15 remakes ! im still a taker ... the dynamic  domiyojixmakino is unfindable for me when it comes to any otp ever 

• Like 3

Before MG ends next week (OMG :(I can already feel major withdrawals creeping in :bawling:), just wanted to post and say HI to everyone! Been lurking since I discovered the remake on Netflix. Didn't expect that I would be so addicted. My DiDi heart. My DyShen heart. :wub:

And I feel ya'll. Grown up woman (with 2 young kids at that) so obsessed. Searching bout them like crazy.. I don't care if it's spoilers or some variety show they are guesting at. Wish I could understand the language tho. Doesn't help that I am married to one coz he doesn't even speak it :blink: LOL. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, kokodus said:

Absolutely true. I was looking forward to this version but I had my doubts because everyone in the cast is a newcomer who barely has any projects under their name except for Shen Yue, even her role in ALSB was completely from the tough weed Makino, so I was not sure how she was going to pull off....but the teasers and trailers gave me some hope and I was not even that much hooked after the first ep. I was pretty disappointed that they changed so many things and watered down the major conflicts like bullying and everything. But thank God I didn't drop it, all my complaints went out of the window after the first week and I was completely addicted by the end of second week. 

@kokodus Same, I was worried about the remake because like you said, all of them are newbies except for Shen Yue. Also, as with every remake, there's always a risk of it being disappointing especially with MG since all of its predecessors were good in its own way. I'm glad with how it's turned out so far even though Meizuo's and Ximen's love stories were a little disappointing (a lot disappointing in Meizuo's case LOL - I still get a little upset with how many episodes were wasted on Caina and Terrence considering we still have so much to cover with DS and SC and I would really hate to have a rushed ending).

and yes @rimjayc I will still be watching it with you guys and we'll probably be still commenting about it here. LOLOL

PS. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if they did a remake once every couple of years so long as it's good. I'd watch it over and over and over again.

• Like 4

I’ve been lurking on this forum too, and I’m so glad there are other people who feel the love!!! I’m so obsessed. From Thursday to Sunday, life is truly bleak (happiness only to be found through endless YouTubing of my favourite moments. Yes, you! Episodes 34 and 35!) 

Spoiler

I just watched eps 40-41 (I can understand mandarin) and clips of tomorrow’s eps (yeah to refreshing the page for the latest Meteor Garden videos every 3 minutes!) and OMG! Hua Ze Lei :bawling::love:*can’t breathe! Too many feelings to express.*  /explodes

I gotta say Shan Cai has really redeemed herself for her indecisiveness (Thank god! 30 + episodes of it). Her assertiveness in these episodes makes me so happy :bawling:*cries happy tears*. 

You finally understand she loves him as much as he loves her, and she’s ready to show it to the world!!! :love:*does happy dance*

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Also, about the island bit - I’ve put in spoiler box for those who haven’t read the manga 

Spoiler

In the manga, Shigeru (Xiao Zi) is responsible for stranding DMS and SC on the island. Any guesses who is is behind it this time? 

I feel like they haven’t built the Xiao Zi/SC relationship enough for that to be an option. 

• Like 3

I’m not sure what bits to put in spoiler boxes, so sorry if it all seems a bit random 

Spoiler

When do you think the door scene will happen? Because I think in the credits you can see a scene of DMS and SC sitting on opposite sides of a door - it looks like DMS is locked in his room in his house in Shanghai. But I can’t work out when it will happen, or if it has already happened. 

• Like 3

I share the same sentiments with you ladies... I will watch all remakes of MG for as long as I'm alive.

My daughter watches MG with me and my husband. We're not chinese speakers so she can't really understand what's going on! Her most favorite scene is when SC kicked DS (first ever episode). She LOVES their songs but she said Darren's is the "bestest song in the world" :lol: she always asks me to play this in the car! Before it was AST1's Yearning Heart (from BOF) but now it's Darren's!

I can't believe it's going to end next week! I'm getting anxiety thinking about it! :vicx:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

OMG next week is the last episodes?! :scream:

Noooooooo ...

I still want to see DS x SC couple again :bawling:

I think Hana Yori Dango is the manga that has the most adaptation versions ever because the story never makes us bored. As long as they produce it well, we will see it again and again and again no matter the version is.

I see so much sugar in the air for this week episode and can't wait for the Eng sub.

I guess Desyen chemistry are overflown on and off camera that makes even Dee Hsu ship them in real life :joy:

Too bad that they are not keep in touch for a while because of busy schedule. I hope they can reunite in other works.

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園