[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i want to talk about something that slightly bothered me on this last episode 

its nothing major and i still enjoi the sanshai character alot 

but that scene where she just bumped in doamingsi s room and litteraly said that she would leave him/breakup out of nowhere 

if he doesnt  take her to see ximen 

slightly made me feel uneasy ... (or maybe im just very protective of si ! he is litteraly a child in love in my eyes haha)

like hey ?? you barely started this whole relationship thing and its like walking on eggs shells with all the drama and mom problems and stuff

and we can always feel that si is always a bit scared that she will leave him at any moment ( especialy when he talked to grandma Yu ! he was so uneasy :/) 

you just dont go and scare the man like that over a simple demande 

im sure she could have found cuter , softer more convinsing ways ... its so easy to get si when it comes to sc anyways 

but yeah this scene right here was weird to me xD ... i guess daoming si is the boss of F4 .. but sanshai is the boss of SI ! does that make her the boss of F4 ? XD 

Spoiler

39509361_1020714868090551_40041643933517

39603164_1020714971423874_63643937788657

39496796_1020715051423866_12466966780864

39442012_1020715264757178_70105096579406

30 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

ok i want to talk about something that slightly bothered me on this last episode 

its nothing major and i still enjoi the sanshai character alot 

but that scene where she just bumped in doamingsi s room and litteraly said that she would leave him/breakup out of nowhere 

if he doesnt  take her to see ximen 

slightly made me feel uneasy ... (or maybe im just very protective of si ! he is litteraly a child in love in my eyes haha)

like hey ?? you barely started this whole relationship thing and its like walking on eggs shells with all the drama and mom problems and stuff

and we can always feel that si is always a bit scared that she will leave him at any moment ( especialy when he talked to grandma Yu ! he was so uneasy :/) 

you just dont go and scare the man like that over a simple demande 

im sure she could have found cuter , softer more convinsing ways ... its so easy to get si when it comes to sc anyways 

but yeah this scene right here was weird to me xD ... i guess daoming si is the boss of F4 .. but sanshai is the boss of SI ! does that make her the boss of F4 ? XD 

Reveal hidden contents

39509361_1020714868090551_40041643933517

39603164_1020714971423874_63643937788657

39496796_1020715051423866_12466966780864

39442012_1020715264757178_70105096579406

I had the same problems with episode 38.. Everything was just a bit off with the characters. Shancai's naggyness and Ah Si's whipped-ness. It felt out of character from both of them. This was probably the least I've ever liked them. Then @Table122000 touched on some of the things that I think they rushed too much with the Ximen/Xiao You storyline. It made him come off as more of an richard simmons and her more desperate than I remember from the original story. There hasn't been enough backstory to build their connection. The real winner of the episode was Xiao Geng. She was so cute lol. XM really messed up.

32 minutes ago, feliset said:

There hasn't been enough backstory to build their connection. The real winner of the episode was Xiao Geng. She was so cute lol. XM really messed up.

Exactly! I wish that we could have seen more interaction between Ximen/Xiaoyou earlier in the drama. As it is now, everything  seems to be coming out of nowhere, and it feels manufactured, not organic.

@rimjayc Yes, Shan Cai's demand to Si that she tell him where to find Ximen or they were through felt wrong to me too considering all they had gone through in the previous episodes and had just declared themselves a couple. Definite failure on the writers part-bad writing. That scene should have been writte n differently.

why do I feel the same thing as you guys :D

but actually I found the scene when SC bragging into DS room to find Xi Men is funny though :D

Maybe since DS knew that SC loves him makes him more feel secure?

Because in manga DS also quite 'tame' at the end of story, he's more mature. 

And yeesss .. why xi men story is so rush :(

Even Mei zuo get more screen with Caina in which I always skip it :D

I'm waiting for the London, Island and Memory loss arc next week because I want to see how SC desperate for DS :D

It's time for her to chase DS!

What???? I found that scene very hilarious. Even though they hardly showed Si and SC in 38, I loved what I saw. I loved how he was like a totally whipped husband and how SC behaved like an naggy wife. It was literally like seeing a old married couple. Haha. I thought they became more comfortable with each other. C'mon, they can't be lovey dovey with each other all the time now that they are dating, as mentioned by F3, they are a "weird couple". I can already imagine Shan Cai to be this demanding wife and Si to be a obedient hubby who listens and fulfills all her wishes. Hehe. That somehow makes me very happy. Lol. 

@kokodus on normal times i would totaly agree with you 

i love a headover heels domiyoji in all versions 

the fact that makino is the only persone ever to make him beg and be on his knees is one the best dynamic ever for a couple 

Like them since he is a very strong headed man who doest let anybody tell him how to be or what to do ! 

But on that specific episode , at that moment ( especialy after hes been so vulnerable around her ! Even expressed how he needed her to be vocal about how mush she feels about him ) 

the part whith grandma yu where he confesses that he is so afraid of losing her 

just all those little parts that made it wrong for her to play with the word «  BREAKINGUP » 

maybe if they were dating for a while more ... or are in a less stressed moments in life ? 

as @Table122000 said it felt like bad writing ! And it can happen .. no big deal 

————————

for ximen /xioyou i dont think we should expect more tbh 

it alrzady good enough that we got a story xD i allost lost hope !! 

( i particulary enjoi the jealousy scenes when it comes to ximen ... his face is very expressive and i like the internal fighting he is having  lately ! Between seeying her with other guys and just moving on or actingup but having to openup about his heartbreaking past)

And yes omg that girl that played xiao geng !!!! WHat a cuty ???? I loved her parts in the flash backs 

@rimjayc Erm, I thought at this point in the story he doesn't feel insecure at all. He doesn't have any reason to. And I'm sure they have been dating for a while now seeing how the boys mentioned that it's been months when Lei comes back. If at all anything Grandma Yu's words should have given him more courage and hope that SC won't give up on him unless he does. And SC confirms it again before the bed kiss scene that she can't bring herself to hate him and she wants to go through all the difficulties with him and she hopes it makes their relationship much more stronger. If that doesn't make him let go of his insecurity, I don't know what will. We have passed that stage, the coming arcs will only focus on SC being insecure because it's Si's turn to ignore her now. Sighh 

@kokodus im just saying when your boyfriend is chilling at home reading a book probabaly thinking about you bcuz that how mush hevis obsessed about you 

you dont just come out of nowhere with 0 comunication and throw the «  BREAKUP » bomb on him like that xD 

she could just have asked nicely ! Or a simple « please im worried about xiaoyou »

but hey i really do hope si is over his insecurities when it comes to their relationship 

but since his mom is still a hiden evil ... i dont think it will ever be at 100% 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

What???? I found that scene very hilarious. Even though they hardly showed Si and SC in 38, I loved what I saw. I loved how he was like a totally whipped husband and how SC behaved like an naggy wife. It was literally like seeing a old married couple. Haha. I thought they became more comfortable with each other. C'mon, they can't be lovey dovey with each other all the time now that they are dating, as mentioned by F3, they are a "weird couple". I can already imagine Shan Cai to be this demanding wife and Si to be a obedient hubby who listens and fulfills all her wishes. Hehe. That somehow makes me very happy. Lol. 

@kokodus I agree. The one thing I find a little confusing with MG is the passing of time. Some scenes which appear to me as if it's only been days is actually spread over what appears to be months but I can never tell for sure just how much time has passed. You can just tell some time has passed based on little details (like the fact the Lei was gone for months and has now come back or the time when DS mentioned that SC was now a sophomore). I think DS and SC have reached a certain level of comfort at this point which is why she feels comfortable enough to just barge into his house AND his room when in earlier episodes, she wouldn't even dare step into his house without being literally dragged there. 

I actually really liked that when she barged into his room, he was like "what now?!" LOL 

I also found it cute that he will literally do anything she asks of him and will always take her side. Like when SC asked Ximen to go outside the bar to talk and DS gave him a look that said, "You better go" and when SC scolded Meizuo and DS was quick to take her side. 

I feel like these little things give them a sense of normalcy considering that their entire relationship has been filled with highs and lows from the get-go.

13 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

@kokodus im just saying when your boyfriend is chilling at home reading a book probabaly thinking about you bcuz that how mush hevis obsessed about you 

you dont just come out of nowhere with 0 comunication and throw the «  BREAKUP » bomb on him like that xD 

she could just have asked nicely ! Or a simple « please im worried about xiaoyou »

but hey i really do hope si is over his insecurities when it comes to their relationship 

but since his mom is still a hiden evil ... i dont think it will ever be at 100% 

@rimjayc I see what you're saying here. It's like she went from 0 to 100 and threw the breakup threat without having tried asking nicely first. Although considering their history where they constantly bicker, I'm also not surprised that this is how SC chose to communicate with DS. They both have a history of saying things they also don't really mean but they're both somewhat impulsive that way and I think that's why they're somewhat similar in that regard.

20 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus I agree. The one thing I find a little confusing with MG is the passing of time. Some scenes which appear to me as if it's only been days is actually spread over what appears to be months but I can never tell for sure just how much time has passed. You can just tell some time has passed based on little details (like the fact the Lei was gone for months and has now come back or the time when DS mentioned that SC was now a sophomore). I think DS and SC have reached a certain level of comfort at this point which is why she feels comfortable enough to just barge into his house AND his room when in earlier episodes, she wouldn't even dare step into his house without being literally dragged there. 

I actually really liked that when she barged into his room, he was like "what now?!" LOL 

I also found it cute that he will literally do anything she asks of him and will always take her side. Like when SC asked Ximen to go outside the bar to talk and DS gave him a look that said, "You better go" and when SC scolded Meizuo and DS was quick to take her side. 

I feel like these little things give them a sense of normalcy considering that their entire relationship has been filled with highs and lows from the get-go.

@rimjayc I see what you're saying here. It's like she went from 0 to 100 and threw the breakup threat without having tried asking nicely first. Although considering their history where they constantly bicker, I'm also not surprised that this is how SC chose to communicate with DS. They both have a history of saying things they also don't really mean but they're both somewhat impulsive that way and I think that's why they're somewhat similar in that regard.

OK YEAH true ! Managee to forget how childish and impulsive those two can be 

( also how unexpremented they are when it comes to being in a serious relationship )

they both call eatch others stupid as words of affection ffs xD

and as long as it works for them ( and it does lol) i dont mind ...

So yeah ... it maybe just natural behaviors on their side 

i still stick on the fact that she could have asked nicely first ... we love the bickering but we also love comunication guys ! They are on their early 20s after all haha

i think the fault they had in those few last episodes is clearly the timing ! And making it clear of how mush we should understand of it 

it felt like couple days ... yet as you explained its months :/ 

@mouse007 You have explained it way better than I ever could. Hahaha. This is just how they communicate, it's like how "You stupid" = "I love you" in their language. LOLOL. I also loved that bar scene and how he played his part as an obedient boyfriend level to the T. I just love these two seriously. Every interaction between them is gold, my heart becomes fluttery even when they just look at each other. I'm soooo doomed. 

In Japan version we can really see how SC chase after DS. She's trying so hard even when DS make a distance of her. It's not like ok, DS not loving me anymore, I'm give up and just forget him. But in there she's trying to found out why DS acting like that and not give up on him. I really want to see it in this version because SC in this version is really hard to get and seems like the chasing only on DS side.

Also in the memory loss, DS is really hate SC like 'who is this crazy woman?' and he looks more fancy on Umi. I even want to throw my book when I read it :D

So I look forward in this version also

The ending of the manga is not satisfying for me, after a long wait and the end is juts like that making me want to burn all the books :D

But thanks fully the writer make short story about their life after that in Lei POV! So we can see how deeply Lei's feeling for SC but we got the quite satisfying ending for DS and SC.

After watching this week's eps and recently finished watching Taiwanese ver, I feel like this character Lei had every intention to keep pursuing (or protecting and doing things for) Shancai until she falls for him again IF Daoming Si completely gave up on her. I think he has feelings for Shancai but suppressing it because of F4, Shancai and the friendship between him and Daomin Si. I think he tells the truth about how feels about Shancai but makes it sound like he is joking or doing it to provoke Daomin Si's feelings for Shancai, which is also his intention because he loves both of them. Sorry, I'm not sure if I made any sense :D

Y3BrMu5.gif

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

@mouse007 You have explained it way better than I ever could. Hahaha. This is just how they communicate, it's like how "You stupid" = "I love you" in their language. LOLOL. I also loved that bar scene and how he played his part as an obedient boyfriend level to the T. I just love these two seriously. Every interaction between them is gold, my heart becomes fluttery even when they just look at each other. I'm soooo doomed. 

@kokodus me too! I'm actually dreading the ending because then I don't know what I would do with myself after! I'm going to have serious withdrawal symptoms! LOL 

I love it though when SC gets upset/angry because all of F4 are honestly scared of her (well, maybe not Lei). That scene when she scolded Ximen and Meizuo outside the bar.. when Ximen walked away and she kicked the ground and DS and Meizuo were like "uh oh..." LOL

Ximen and Meizuo - scared of SC's "flying kick" 

DS - scared of losing SC

Lei - scared of SC getting hurt (?) Although I don't think that he's necessarily scared.. he just doesn't like to see her get hurt

It's funny how this one lady can affect F4 so much! LOL

I have been binge-watching the show on YouTube and I am only fwding to watch DS/SC scenes, sometimes I FF too much and I get lost. Ha! There are too many quarrels between them...but how I love the make ups. 

I found the editing rather choppy so FF doesn’t make a big difference to the storyline. That said I am rather looking fwd to how the amnesia angle is developed. DS can be a real jerk when he wants to and I’d like to see SC smother that. 

Where online do you guys watch the raw? Thanks!!

13 minutes ago, rocat said:

I have been binge-watching the show on YouTube and I am only fwding to watch DS/SC scenes, sometimes I FF too much and I get lost. Ha! There are too many quarrels between them...but how I love the make ups. 

I found the editing rather choppy so FF doesn’t make a big difference to the storyline. That said I am rather looking fwd to how the amnesia angle is developed. DS can be a real jerk when he wants to and I’d like to see SC smother that. 

Where online do you guys watch the raw? Thanks!!

@rocat I usually watch it here. I find they are the quickest in making RAW versions available. They are usually up for viewing by 11:00 am EST here in North America on the days they are released in China.

https://taxiasian.com/meteor-garden-f436/episode-38

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

OT

Hide contents

Shen Yue with Song Wei Loong before? :D i mean i only remember her in 'A Love so Beautiful' With Hu Yi Tian and now in Meteor Garden lols 

@angelangie According to Twitter, he might be Shen Yue's next leading man in a remake of Corner with Love. Can't say whether sources are legit. LOL

Archived