[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

What I want to know is if MS remembers everything from before 3 years ago? Like his aunt's and cousin....when he met him he behaved like he remembers him. So did his accident cause him to loose his memory of that one day with GB and then his peculiar amnesia makes him forget everything from the past day/days. I want to know how his amnesia works. Has the drama explained this? I haven't watched the subbed episodes yet.

@ck1Oz

Yes GB comes across as strong woman...those scenes when she's confronting MS....defending herself....is exactly what I imagined her to be like after what she has gone through. I want to see more of that GB. What's bothering me is to see her still believing people blindly like her boss...I was smh at her when she accepted that bread from her boss....or making a home delivery...alone....to someone who orders 100 sets of clothes suddenly, when you're barely selling any. I mean she has to know by now that her manager drugged her....how can she trust people so easily?

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest charliew
14 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Eep. I have nothing profound to say except that the male lead is so hunky. And she was so delicate and pretty. I laughed in disbelief then enjoyed it.

I am starting Life which is very serious. Then Devilish Joy which has another neurosurgeon at an improbable age to be a world authority on whatever area he is in.

Life has been sucky at work and I need a straight rom com. Hope these 2 dramas have the correct balance. Ii had forgotten how nice CJH's voice sounds like. And how broad his shoulders are. And I chuckle even as I write at how neurosurgeons are normally tired and have eye bags. Hahaha. Gotta love Korean dramas and their idealized version of a male hero. So so hunky.

Going to enjoy my romance drama while it lasts. I did read that the scripts were written early right? So no idiotic plot changes.

DELICATE!!! That's the word that i've been looking for to describe her!! Thank you!!!

Someone is planning to kill GMS. Who is the guy talking on cellphone saying we found the target when their in Hainan? Who is he? 

3 hours ago, dito said:

What I want to know is if MS remembers everything from before 3 years ago? Like his aunt's and cousin....when he met him he behaved like he remembers him. So did his accident cause him to loose his memory of that one day with GB and then his peculiar amnesia makes him forget everything from the past day/days. I want to know how his amnesia works. Has the drama explained this? I haven't watched the subbed episodes yet.

@ck1Oz

Yes GB comes across as strong woman...those scenes when she's confronting MS....defending herself....is exactly what I imagined her to be like after what she has gone through. I want to see more of that GB. What's bothering me is to see her still believing people blindly like her boss...I was smh at her when she accepted that bread from her boss....or making a home delivery...alone....to someone who orders 100 sets of clothes suddenly, when you're barely selling any. I mean she has to know by now that her manager drugged her....how can she trust people so easily?

Short term memories disappear while long term memories remain maybe? 

23 minutes ago, charliew said:

Someone is planning to kill GMS. Who is the guy talking on cellphone saying we found the target when their in Hainan? Who is he? 

I remember that. I assumed it was related to the shady celebrity and the shady manager. Could be more but that’s what I initially thought. Maybe they used their undesirable connections to try to find GB.

8 minutes ago, ajummapunkinssi said:

Short term memories disappear while long term memories remain maybe? 

I watched a Japanese anime like this called “One Day Friend” and the girl always remembered her parents but lost memory of everyone else every day. In that case it probably was psychological. I think more will be shown about MS’ condition as we progress.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:03 AM, charliew said:

Same here.. as soon as i saw the poster i shipping them hahaha and kissing scene on the very first episode hahaha let me pray harder so i can have more kissing scenes on the next episodes...

That kissing scene was perfect !

absolutly loving this drama. I can’t wait to see what happens with her career and how he will remember her. I like the fact that he is so drawn to her and doesn’t know why but yet if still trying to figure it out. That’s right girl make him work for it lol. Is it next week yet ???!!!

I enjoyed it. I like it. I'm going to continue watching this.

I don't know the female lead but already feeling warm towards her.  Her character description is of 30 years old popular singer,  nation's sweetheart- all that before the  incident that happened 3 years ago.  When I watch her feels like she's younger than than 30 years . Like a teen. I don't mean to diss or anything. Just just how I see her.  Not exactly sure of what term to use.

Choi Jin Hyuk.. sexy tall as Go Ma Sung. I always like watching him. He gives good acting.

And dunno who the actor is but  me  likes Secretary Yang tho'  :P

Hi all!  :)

Enjoyable so far - after 2 eps.

Ep 2 was more enjoyable than fluffy Ep 1 (I thought she was too OTT + vapid bimbotic ...  and was wondering how to last 15 episodes of her).

She settled a whole lot better in Ep 2, and it's fleshing out. Though stranger-danger is something completely non existent in her vocab, as we can see. But hey, it's Choi Jin-hyuk! :P

Ep 1 was a nice but somewhat unreal bubbly fairytale. (reminded me of that Sung Joon/Sung Ji eun drama - My Secret Romance).

I have always liked Choi Jin-hyuk, so it was curiosity that got me to check this out in the first place when I saw a new drama with his name. He seemed to have 'tailored' his face so it's more refined now.

Drama's got a nice easy feel, with a nice tinge of romance. :wub:  I am in!

Such a fluffy cotton ball drama :sweatingbullets::P
It’s good to see how each of OTP handled their own lives after the bad turns without being defeated by them. It tells a lot about who they are.  
I wonder about the way the camera stayed around GMS’s face after the accident.  GMS lost his parents in a car accident.  I’m sure it left a deep emotional scar/void on him and then he met and fell in love with JGB.  So when he realized he was losing someone precious again, it’s possible the memory of JGB was carved deeply in his mind.  Meeting JGB again after 3 years might have triggered something in his dormant memory of JGB.  
I enjoyed watching how the magic of love-at-first-sight was carried slow motion in the first half of ep1.  It started with the soft ringing bell which drew in JGB to GMS.  I liked the way a camera swooped through on them in their first encounter and then with another chime they walked off separately. But before they walked away the first spark appeared on GMS’s eyes ( & faint interest on JGB’s side). That spark made GMS unable to ignore JGB in a subsequent encounter and then gradually it multiplied and grew out in size.
It seems the writer gave OTP first this magic of love-at-first-sight, then next, the reality of a difficult, messy relationship, ie getting to know each other and how to carry on communication etc etc.   Yeah it wasn’t hard for them to act very sweet and agreeable unconditionally at the beginning when they were under cupid’s spell.

** If anyone wonders about DJ’s cinematography, this IG said DJ was filmed with the new filter system.  I notice DJ has amazing cinematography on DF but on other video clips some of its quality seems to be not captured. 

" September 5, "Devilish Joy" Teaser1!
---------------
Hidden Secret :: The joy of Matsun was taken for the first time in Korea as Schneider's True-Net filter. ---------------
* True-Net Gray 1
* True-Net Black 1
Look at the unique look of Schneider Trunet Filters."

Spoiler

bell chime &  red (glass) shoes & Cinderella Amnesia   good combination hopefully Joy kept the red shoes.  

On 9/6/2018 at 6:01 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

Love the actress when she was on Fight My Way. Her character here is a typical damsel in distress, while Choi Jin-Hyuk's a babe. 

However there's the usual cheesy lines..the cliche tropes & now it's given a new term. It's not just plain amnesia but Cinderella Amnesia:rolleyes: 

Treading on this drama cautiously as it normally doesn't always meet up to par expectations. Will keep watching though:D

That's not a pool they fell into.. It was an ocean! :lol:

haha  ocean indeed in the devilish joy dramaland where a pool & ocean are interchangeable under the whim of  PDnim’s magic wand.  wow The PDnim didn't miss spreading those flower petals  :D
Still it’s a beautiful scene which anyone can dream about.   poor me :P

12 hours ago, charliew said:

Any idea when is the wedding?

Sorry I may be wrong but it doesn’t look like a wedding dress.  Maybe a party dress??  

SHY IG: “ Every moment will be a perfect memory”

yaaa  still shooting

13 hours ago, charliew said:

Anyone has a link on their presscon please? Thank you ❤️

here are some  YT video clips(Korean) of casts giving  talks.  I found one video with Chinese subs(I don’t know Chinese)  It seems Chinese media put together some clips from PC.  
In it SHY says how much her heart flutters with CJH and she still feels it (whahaha) and (it’s because) she is still in the drama character(JGB) (They weren’t done shooting)   CJH’s agency mentioned that because DJ was a preproduced drama and the writer had the script with a large part of it written,  CJH was able to work and carry on the GMS character  continuously.   Yeah they worked very hard for the characters and it shows on screen.:wub::wub:
((more YT links ))

Song Ha Yoon  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=GYrsfmqU2EU
Choi Jin Hyuk  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=tY5DA3zL4Sc

Hoya  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0B-fRN5KCU

Hoya & Lee  Yoo Jeon  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0B-fRN5KCU

宋昰昀直球告白崔振赫 认了每个瞬间都心动 [송하윤, 최진혁, 이호원,이주연, 마성의 기쁨]

MNB news

A autumn romantic comedy  'DJ' first broadcast

Btw I forgot that SHY in a white dress was posted before ( 8/26).  Perhaps it will be in the future scene??

Spoiler

real_21ws Gif presscon devilish charm 2018/9/5 so sweet  love both

16 hours ago, 1cda said:

Choi Jin Hyuk's acting is still daebak! Not to forget his manly voice. And oh, the shower scenes *drooling* :lol::lol: Can we have more of those scenes, in full shot? :lol::lol:

Hello hello 6gggZIH.gif  I’m glad you are happy with this drama.  me too like head spinning at the moment   phahaha   This drama is on cable and at 11pm.  It means the drama is for a mature audience. haha Hopefully our PDnim remembers that  and uses every ingredient to make DJ a 100% full-blown romance drama. 

"childish/ girlish flutter,  good ..."

7 hours ago, booha said:
23 hours ago, 1cda said:

Choi Jin Hyuk's acting is still daebak! Not to forget his manly voice. And oh, the shower scenes *drooling* :lol::lol: Can we have more of those scenes, in full shot? :lol::lol:

Hello hello 6gggZIH.gif  I’m glad you are happy with this drama.  me too like head spinning at the moment   phahaha   This drama is on cable and at 11pm.  It means the drama is for a mature audience. haha Hopefully our PDnim remembers that  and uses every ingredient to make DJ a 100% full-blown romance drama.

Oh... seems like more shower scenes are needed to create more flesh..  erhm ... typo.. i mean flashback .. mmm very important to help him remember her ...*cough*:glasses:

P0TY5bO.jpg

3NMRqWc.jpg

GQgL8la.jpg

Ok chill.. happy waiting!!:)

4 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Oh... seems like more shower scenes are needed to create more flesh..  erhm ... typo.. i mean flashback .. mmm very important to help him remember her ...*cough*:glasses:

Ok chill.. happy waiting!!:)

Thank you for your gifs  Yes  I’m hoping and praying that this shower scene is just prelude. hehe
Please PDnim, remember that DJ is on cable at 11pm so use your magic wand generously for the viewers.  Please next time no blurry mist  and if needed, how about a flashback pops up a bit later (for making  great shower scene gifs )

aDyeMMf.jpg

PBntfJM.gif

**still filming

Archived