[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@0ly40  @triplem  :):)

DJ is confirmed to broadcast during Wed & Thu, 11pm KST by MBN & Dramax  simultaneously.   But hopefully soon we will hear about # of eps and length of each ep

(part translation)
 ‘Devilish Joy’ with Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon can be seen at MBN and Dramax at the same time.  
MBN and Dramax  recently confirmed the simultaneous broadcast during Wed&Thu for  ‘Devilish Joy’(screenwriter Choi Ji Yeon, PD Kim Ga Ram)
This is the second time, after ‘Richman’ which ended last June, to have the simultaneous broadcast by MBN and Dramax.   ‘Devilish Joy’ is expected to secure more audience broadcasting through two channels.

http://news1.kr/articles/?3394328

new poster

**It must be GMS’s residence. The interior feels subdued and heavy.  And his wardrobe has a conservative air.  Hope he will wear many elegant formal suits.
Jin Hyuk: Not playing a game, watching a monitor..^^

news article about Song Ha Yoon

'from thee chef blog'

On 8/13/2018 at 1:47 AM, dulcinea1 said:

Two more teasers. I like how this drama looks, fingers crossed it'll be good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4SFKLw9g7Q
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=uF2NHL3qyxs

thank you for the videos :)   Hopefully  the drama will be unique & enticing

** Now we have two new teasers.  Actually before I wasn’t so sure how well ‘Devilish Joy’  would compete among so many new lineups but after seeing the new teasers, I feel good about ‘Devilish Joy’.  

very beautifully done  so unexpected   Let’s pray either Viki or/and DF will pick it up 

I found Chiness sub YTs from the CJH baidu fan club so I'm posting them with Eng trans.

Tearser2 (Chinese sub)

[Devilish Joy] Teaser2 "Can I be your lover?    I would like to."

百度崔振赫吧Baidu Choi-Jin-Hyuk

[馬盛的喜悅]前導片2- "我們之間不能發展成為戀人關係嗎?可是我想" Brocasting Date:9/5 23:00pm (Seoul time) Turn on Channel: Dramax and MBN 

((eng  trans))

(008) Well don’t do it if you aren’t interested/you don’t like it.   
(013) Can I be your lover?    (016)  I would like to …

Teaser3 (Chinese sub)

[Devilish Joy]Teaser3  "Goodbye.  Gong Ma Sung ssi..."

百度崔振赫吧Baidu Choi-Jin-Hyuk

[馬盛的喜悅]前導片2- "我們之間不能發展成為戀人關係嗎?可是我想" Brocasting Date:9/5 23:00pm (Seoul time) Turn on Channel: Dramax and MBN 

((eng trans))

(003)Then meet here    (006) Wait for you    (009) As we can meet anytime   (016) Goodbye  (019) GMS ssi

Teaser 4

(translation)

"Her time stopped and his time disappeared."

(001)Hello   (002)So you need to find the name?   (003)Well yes   (005) Can I help you?  (008)  Can I be your lover?     I would like to …   

(013) [3 years ago, that day … ]   (013) Don’t talk carelessly.  (015)That was concluded with no charge.    (016) [Her time stopped]  Why didn’t you come that day?   (019) I’m asking you because I couldn’t remember. [His time disappeared] 

(023) Perhaps did we date before?

Thank you @booha! It's difficult to find translations of this drama, maybe because MBN is not a very big network.

In this new teaser we have more new scenes. So, the main couple met 3 years ago, interesting. I can't wait to know more about their story.

Here, youtube version of the teaser:

5 hours ago, dulcinea1 said:

Thank you @booha! It's difficult to find translations of this drama, maybe because MBN is not a very big network.

In this new teaser we have more new scenes. So, the main couple met 3 years ago, interesting. I can't wait to know more about their story.

Here, youtube version of the teaser:

Well I’m not much familiar with Dramax or MBN.  It doesn’t look like they are doing much promotion for the drama yet.  Hopefully they picked ‘Devilish Joy’ to broaden their networks as many cables have been successfully expanding their market shares.     

This drama was supposed to be aired in MBC in Feb. But right after the end of its long strike and with a new president, MBC went through a readjustment period and scrapped off any new drama production.    So ‘Devilish Joy’ was forced to find a new broadcaster at the last minute.    
I’m curious too how the OTP love line and story will carry out.

@0ly40, thank you for starting this thread....

This is my first time posting here. I super look forward to this drama. Three of my favorite actors are the leads.
Waves to other Soompi friends, @larus, @stargazer187@Lmangla

Thank you for all the contributions also from @booha@RPM, @triplem@feelbora, @dulcinea1

On 7/5/2018 at 9:42 PM, booha said:

Most of time Choi Jin Hyuk has been able to pick good dramas. So I’m looking forward to this drama as his last two dramas are crime dramas though they are good but I would prefer romcom/romance.     Btw in case you aren’t aware, Devilish Joy is in preproductio

@booha, I so agree with you that Choi Jin-Hyuk has been able to pick good drama. I also read he had said in an interview that he was so drawn to this drama, when he read the script.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:08 AM, booha said:

This drama was supposed to be aired in MBC in Feb. But right after the end of its long strike and with a new president, MBC went through a readjustment period and scrapped off any new drama production.    So ‘Devilish Joy’ was forced to find a new broadcaster at the last minute.    
I’m curious too how the OTP love line and story will carry out.

ah.. I did not know, or remember that it was supposed to be on MBC initially.
I too, am curious about the love line and the story.
I think that this is Song Ha-Yoon first leading role (?) and I want to cheer her on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a Viki fan channel for this drama, but it has not been receiving a lot of love.  (i.e. It has not been mentioned in notifications, asking folks to follow the channel and submit requests for it, and they have not even put up the poster. ) I would love to see more than 70 followers there.

https://www.viki.com/tv/35734c-devilish-joy

~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I'd like to suggest to send many license requests forms to both Viki and DramaFever.  (both outfits have brought MBN productions in the past.). We only have about 2 weeks to air date.

Viki license request:
https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

DramaFever license request *No need to fill in your email.* Only the title and country (Korea)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuXiW1XwtSRt0H_ehdDMABJYJNQWA1xj78ni06l4m_OG-ZHg/viewform

I hope we can send out enough of them to get this drama licensed.

Calling on friends to join us.

@evie7, @jongski@sava2sava

@irilight

wkDUKAO.gif

Hello hello  very grateful to see  helping hands.   I’ve been feeling uneasy about not knowing where to watch when this drama premiers.  I just prayed CJH’s agency wouldn’t bungle up with Viki/DF  as I saw what happened to ‘Risky Romance’ which Viki was supposed to get a license for but so far it didn’t happen and that thread  is a very sad place now.     Still I’m optimistic CJH’ manager/agency will be proactive about promoting CJH’s work since CJH and his manager formed the current agency a few years ago to chart a new career path together.   When ‘Devilish Joy’ ran into a problem because of MBC scheduling shuffle, I assumed he would drop the drama but for some reason he kept it.

Yes it’s Song Ha Yoon’s first lead after her big break with ‘Fight My Way.’   I was pleasantly surprised to see how expressive her eyes were in the teasers.  I always want to root for emerging actors since that’s how I came to know CJH and soompi after his big break with GFB.  Yeah life in entertainment is brutal.  :wacko::sweatingbullets: 

PS I signed both Viki request & fan channel and DF.  I’m going to post the part of your posting (about Viki & DF) in CJH’s thread.  have a good day:)

This looks really good. MBN is coming up with good projects recently. I'm enjoying Witch's love a lot which is airing on it right now. Viki is subbing it but its their home production....so not sure they'll pick this or not.

Btw is this the project YEH was considering as her comeback....coz the story seems very similar. Main leads met and fell in love 3 years ago but due to an accident part of his brain is now synthetic/robotic?? And now he doesn't recognize her when she feels he was the love of her life....But instead of an actress, the lead girl was a teacher, I think.

Anyways, CJH looks good and they have chemistry. Not too familiar with the SHY...is it Song Ha Yoon or Song Yoon Ha...I've seen both mentioned. 

@dito

Oh really I’m watching ‘Witch’s love’ too.  Yeah my thumb is up for any fun romance drama.  haha :P  
At the beginning Dramax was going to broadcast ‘DJ’, then recently MBN joined with Dramax, like they did with “Rich Man & Poor Woman’.   I would like to see both Viki and DF pick up this drama for a wider audience.   This suspense of not knowing which site is going to broadcast is killing me.   Btw ‘DJ’ is a preproduced drama.  At the moment I only know this drama is slated for W&Th.  There isn’t any info about #eps or length of each ep.  I have a feeling they are still shooting the drama with about 2 weeks to go.  gosh

This is Song Ha Yoon’s first lead after she got a big break with ‘Fighting My Way’.  I’m glad to hear you felt  the chemistry between CJH and SHY.  Pray it will be very good.

Here is a plot line by http://asianwiki.com/Devilish_Joy

Gong Ma-Sung (Choi Jin-Hyuk) is a successor to the Sunwoo Company and he is an expert in the field of cranial nerves. One day, while trying to help a woman who he happens to meet, he has a car accident. Gong Ma-Sung suffers from short-term memory loss after the car accident and his memory lasts for only one day. Everyday, he writes down notes about what happened to him that day. The next morning, he memorizes the written notes that he wrote the night before. Gong Ma-Sung then meets Joo Gi-Bbeum (Song Ha-Yoon). She used to be a popular actress, but she is not anymore. They fall in love with each other.

'Devilish Joy' Song Ha Yoon, showing off the pure-white beauty…  best romcom visual

KanLxdb.jpg

http://star.fnnews.com/archives/696787

** ‘Devilish Joy’ is picked by DramaFever as exclusive.  I had a hope both Viki and DF to broadcast ‘DJ’.  Still I’m very relieved to hear the news.   :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Gear up for another EXCLUSIVE! A rich chaebol with the perfect life gets into an accident and suffers from a condition where his memory lasts only a day. He then meets a beautiful actress, but will he remember her the next day?

Starring Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon, Devilish Joy starts on 5th September! Add the drama to your watchlist NOW ---> https://dfvr.co/2wk4YO9

egTFRHh.jpg

Archived