[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem  How right you are!!!  I actually started watching it before your tag but am thankful that you know me so well and you're as usual so right LOL:love:  It's early but the chemistry is already feeling pretty darn good!!!!:w00t:  And the other views aren't bad either LOL!!

826_2_Devilish_Joy.jpgfe22d5438bb8f00a0116cae2557fbbdb_big.jpgep1-1.jpg?w=640

@supergal99

Wow  yummy lettuce gif is so good.  wVtW5kO.gif     Maybe I have to ship MS with that tender looking delicious lettuce :naughty:

@triplem

Omg shooting on Myeondong!!   EC’s first shooting started on Myeongdong.    It was a very cold Jan and CJH-SJH ran on the street wearing wedding clothes.  I was so impressed by SJH’s gutsy attitude.  She wore a short skirt for the scene.  
 I will never forget the scene because it’s my first experience of the live shooting    I was a novice and very green on fandom then.  DC fan posted a picture which was a bit blurry because the fan said her hands trembled from so much excitement.  haha    Yeah we CJH fans went through many ups and downs.  

I’m happy PD had a shooting on Myeondong.  So they had a shooting on such a busy street with many onlookers.  It could mean JGB recovers her career?  If this is supposed to be the ending scene, there will be  a happy end with the red shoes.

EC Myeondong, so long ago

Spoiler

nlZNIlc.jpg

Pi03net.jpg

so many more  DJ Myeongdong :wub::wub:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I think this drama does good with sad, heartbreaking moments....but the funny and light scenes are a miss for me. And funny scenes usually include SKJ and I just can't watch him.....his character does not make me see his value to the story....I feel his work can be done by someone else quite easily.....Sorry I like Hoya but this character is not worthy of him.

I think by dragging their talk about what happened 3 years ago and delivering them in bits and pieces is slowing down the pace. GB has asked MS a few times now about why he didn't come that day......as she did again today....so he has been given the opportunity to tell her the truth a number of times. But he's choosing not to tell her. Is he waiting for a bigger reason then "my life would not be shitty like what it is if you had come that day"....She even told him she fell for him 3 years ago but now she regrets meeting him...then and now. I mean he has seen how much her life has nose dived from 3 years ago.

He has seen her do stuff that no self respecting person would do to earn a living. He has seen her getting slapped, he has seen her getting humiliated twice now....now in front of the audience even.....what more does he need to see.

Writers stop dawdling....it makes our lead seem weak and indecisive. SKJ seems more resolute in comparison.

As I said the sad moments are the highlight of this show for me....both CJH and SHY really show their caliber in those scenes.

preview finally shows MS getting a hint about the past.....that ex manager of GB told him..."so you survived" 

@triplem

So he tried to tell her?? Great!! I was getting frustrated.....wait... was he just trying to calm her down by saying he had a reason..... since he keeps silent every time she asks him.

I did not hear it....must have been looking at my phone or something.

29 minutes ago, triplem said:

So she left & returned to the hall where the party was held looking for KJ . KJ meanwhile was trapped in a wine cellar with spoilt brat actress . They had gone there earlier to look for some wine .

meanwhile MS somehow knows sleazy pin stripe man . But prior to that pin stripes had approached GB & said some rather unpleasant things to her . Gahhh he even slide his fingers on her bare shoulders . Then later in the party he made a speech . He started mocking GB - burning a dollar note , putting it in water and asking her to come up to drink it . Gosh why did she even go  up on stage ? MS could only look on helplessly 

MS has been looking on helplessly for quite a while now.....its time to step in now....otherwise I might start shipping her with SKJ.:lol:

The sleazy dude was blaming her...3 years ago she was their model for some business of theirs and they suffered a huge loss or something after her scandal.

MS: Date me! Just for a month~ Let see how we handle it.
GB: And then?
MS: You can leave me if we don't make it
GB: Are you crazy? Do you think my heart is a toy??
smh smh....GB punch his face please...Instead of sorting out the past....he's making a mess in the present.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

That’s what the Twitter handle said . Gotta wait for subs . I started my live stream almost at the end . I agree with you - they shouldn’t drag on the misunderstanding too Long ; he’s got to tell her . It is unfair to her if she keeps thinking he stood her up . He was clearly very into her then as it  is now.

I see. Urghh . Just felt bad at the humiliation she’s got to take .

but I hv to say the drama is great at weaving in a lot of OTP interactions :D 

Thank you for the brief summary of each part.  Nice to quick read them   It looks like a good episode (currently DJ, trending #1 naver :D )
I like your line “ but I hv to say the drama is great at weaving in a lot of OTP interactions”  That’s how I feel about the development of OTP’s relationship.  I also like their lines which are subtle enough without sounding too heavy. 

I like how their dialogs are revealing  who they are and the state of their minds.  The writer is not only thinking about the characters but also the actors delivering the lines.  

Too bad it’s on cable   Tired of  a long wait for every new episode    Gosh I saw such a sweet scene in IG clip.   I can’t stop watching it.  FVzS9iH.gif     I can feel GB’s heart thumping

SliRmYQ.gif

2 hours ago, dito said:

I think this drama does good with sad, heartbreaking moments....but the funny and light scenes are a miss for me. And funny scenes usually include SKJ and I just can't watch him.....his character does not make me see his value to the story....I feel his work can be done by someone else quite easily.....Sorry I like Hoya but this character is not worthy of him.

I think by dragging their talk about what happened 3 years ago and delivering them in bits and pieces is slowing down the pace. GB has asked MS a few times now about why he didn't come that day......as she did again today....so he has been given the opportunity to tell her the truth a number of times. But he's choosing not to tell her. Is he waiting for a bigger reason then "my life would not be shitty like what it is if you had come that day"....She even told him she fell for him 3 years ago but now she regrets meeting him...then and now. I mean he has seen how much her life has nose dived from 3 years ago.

He has seen her do stuff that no self respecting person would do to earn a living. He has seen her getting slapped, he has seen her getting humiliated twice now....now in front of the audience even.....what more does he need to see.

Writers stop dawdling....it makes our lead seem weak and indecisive. SKJ seems more resolute in comparison.

As I said the sad moments are the highlight of this show for me....both CJH and SHY really show their caliber in those scenes.

preview finally shows MS getting a hint about the past.....that ex manager of GB told him..."so you survived" 

@triplem

So he tried to tell her?? Great!! I was getting frustrated.....wait... was he just trying to calm her down by saying he had a reason..... since he keeps silent every time she asks him.

I did not hear it....must have been looking at my phone or something.

Haha I think we are getting too impatient with OTP.   It’s still in EP5.   The fun part in romcom is when I feel impatient and want to jump into the screen and shout at them with my earned wisdom forgetting about the real-life messiness.  haha  

We all wondered why MS didn’t tell GB about his amnesia. But I realized that even in reality  it isn’t easy for anyone to tell a stranger about such things.  MS thinks he doesn’t have much time left. He is stoically facing a possible slow  painful death.   That’s the reason he is pushing to build a care village.  How can MS tell GB that he has amnesia and other physical problems, like his shrinking brain and possible future dementia and early death and so on.  Besides GB can’t explain all details of their first encounter from his perspective.  He has to recover his memory to know what happened to his heart.  It means his physical brain has to heal in some way.  It means GB and MS have to know about each other and build a relationship amid confusion and misunderstanding.   We know that the relationship is messy and hard.  Not many make it to live-happily ever-after.    Love opens a gate for the relationship and it can be a great helping hand if it’s used in the right way but love by itself doesn’t guarantee a successful relationship.   

@booha I think you have a valid point in why MS has not mentioned his condition. I will give him credit in that he has mentioned that he cannot remember, but nothing in detail. It would be difficult to explain such a condition to someone...plus we have to understand his position in his company and such. He can't go around telling people about his condition, as if it became public knowledge, his company would be in big trouble as it appears he is quite the head honcho there. Plus it would affect the companies credibility. Yes, he likes GB deep down and he thinks she has an important part of his history that is missing...but he doesn't actually know he all that well, due to his faulty memory...plus he hasn't come to the point where he can trust with such damaging knowledge...it would make him very vulnerable. 

But as much as his whole dating for month thing can come across as a bit jerkish...I see it as him making a HUGE step. For a man who has completely isolated himself and given in to his condition, the fact he is willing to try says a lot. Yes, he likes her, but that he thinks that there is a real possibility for him to heal in some way and have a relationship. Why? because he is able to remember her. Why a month? Because his condition he will be able to tell within the month if it can work...also, too long and his secret will be out.

@booha

@guinearoyal

I agree with you both. I've calmed down now:D. I was getting impatient with pace and the way they keep avoiding telling the truth. I just want to see them to sort their issues fast and then work on getting MS cured. Then after that give us the full blown version of their romance that we saw in ep1 first half.

I think livestreaming is too stressful .....not understanding everything being spoken just feeds the stress.

@triplem

Yes they should get on with the plot....at least let the OTP solve their misunderstanding.... there is still a lot to cover...the truth of how that guy died....MS illness...GB proving her innocence.... aunt's agenda? Evil or just super over protective.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:34 AM, triplem said:

Omaigadd . I like that he gets flashbacks of her in the shower. I hope he keeps taking showers .:tounge_xd:

:sweat_smile: 

Absolutely! Shall we suggest  twice a day? :tounge_wink:

I am in it totally for CJH too ... and his VOICE. It's delish!  :kiss_wink:

@guinearoyal   @gutibear

Sorry MS asked for one season ( as he wasn’t sure how much time he had)  The media calls  DJ, a fall romance drama.  I would like to think the writer gave the line in a poetic way.  I doubt MS can actually come up with a line like that. haha  Yeah the line is from the writer for her female audience. :P  

Well at least MS tried to tell GB about his problem but it didn’t work with GB today.  I guess they need more time.   After watching today’s episode, I wonder whether it’s about trust which is more important than communication in the relationship.  If GB has trust in MS, would she be able to detect his fear/uneasiness underneath his disjointed talk instead getting angry at him?    
BTW  I have a feeling our PDnim ditched the idea of showing a daily shower scene.  Wow it means we will get stuck with this recycled shower scene endlessly from now on.  :wacko::lol:

1 hour ago, valentvcd said:

First, I just watch it because no wed-thur drama I like and this surprise me that I really enjoy it.

I got a feeling that the doctor who make him forgot the accident and anything with his hypnotize.  

haha yup  this drama is made for the suckers like us whose defective DNA needs a constant dose of syrupy romance to survive.  Or maybe it’s only me ahaha   CahnlUN.gif

3LkUPSS.gif

YLrrVn4.jpg

http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&year=2018&no=593542

Episode 5 Rating: 1.802% (MBN)

(It went up! :D)

The angst hurts so good. I like the emotional OTP scenes.

:wub: Choi Jin Hyuk looking hot in this suit:

Tt83iBF.jpg

hSeLIag.jpg

I like that Gi Bbeum stood up for herself a lot during this episode, but I'm dying for her to throw that glass of ashy wine in the nasty host's face! 

I'm pretty tolerant of Ki Joon's silly, immature character. However, it irked me that he lied to Gi Bbeum and tried to steer her away from Ma Sung. Fortunately, Ma Sung cleared up any false information. I do hope that KJ doesn't get paired with Lee Ha Im, but the story seems headed that way.

9 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

But as much as his whole dating for month thing can come across as a bit jerkish...I see it as him making a HUGE step. For a man who has completely isolated himself and given in to his condition, the fact he is willing to try says a lot. Yes, he likes her, but that he thinks that there is a real possibility for him to heal in some way and have a relationship. Why? because he is able to remember her. Why a month? Because his condition he will be able to tell within the month if it can work...also, too long and his secret will be out.

@guinearoyal

I agree that move was huge. He just said it awkwardly and didn't explain the full reasoning why he wants to date for a short time. It's a big commitment for him to be in a relationship. It's likely been 3 years since he has dated anyone or felt romantic interest.

1 hour ago, lumibear said:

The angst hurts so good. I like the emotional OTP scenes.:wub:

@guinearoyal

I agree that move was huge. He just said it awkwardly and didn't explain the full reasoning why he wants to date for a short time. It's a big commitment for him to be in a relationship. It's likely been 3 years since he has dated anyone or felt romantic interest.

It may be a big step forward for him but to her it makes her more convinced he's a rich jerk playboy who plays around with women and then forgets them easily.

So I don't think his big step will be a step forward for them unless he comes clean at least about  the accident...and the memory loss...no need to go into details.

And yeah the angst is good in this one.....my heart hurts everytime she is insulted and humiliated coz of something she didn't do....and was found innocent for too by the courts....it seems.

2 hours ago, dito said:

It may be a big step forward for him but to her it makes her more convinced he's a rich jerk playboy who plays around with women and then forgets them easily.

agree... GB doesn't know about his condition and so it makes her situation sadder 

btw, does anyone notice how adorable MS is when he bites his lips, during shoe-putting scene?

I’ll admit to being somewhat frustrated with GB because she refuses to actually listen to him and try to find out what’s going on... although the other half of me understands her pain and the wall she has erected against him. It’s a rough place for my emotions to be... and the way he opens up to her and practically begs her to understand when she has no idea is heartbreaking, but on the other hand I wish he would just write her a letter and explain it all to her.. the accident, how he has never remembered anything until she reappeared, how  he doesn’t know how much time he has etc... my emotions become a roller coaster but just watching him is soothing for the soul lol! Loving this drama so far.. but man I hope she gives in soon because I don’t know how much more rejection my sappy heart can take!! 

Archived