[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

** Good news  DJ was sold to Taiwan.  

Choi Jin-hyuk, 'DJ'  pre-sale in Taiwan

junZdKg.jpg
The MBN drama 'DJ', with Choi Jin-hyuk as the lead, was sold to Taiwan, the producer Golden Thum said on 9/3.

'DJ' will be broadcast in Taiwan's leading media such as Aichi, KKTV, Friday, Choco TV, My Video.

Golden Thum said, "The response to Choi Jin-hyeok is very hot in Taiwan, because many of his films are introduced and he has a broad fan base." "In addition to Taiwan, export contracts to other countries are underway too."

Choi Jin-hyuk has held an official fan meeting in Taiwan after he rose on the stardom in Taiwan through "Heirs" and a Taiwanese drama remake, "FTLY".   The OCN drama 'Tunnel', which was broadcasted  last year, gained high local popularity.  In June last year, he appeared in Taiwan's MTV Idol of Asia.

GTree, Choi Jin-hyuk’s agency, said, "Lovecall is steadily coming from the Taiwan side." "We are also considering a Taiwan fan meeting after completing the current work."

'DJ' depicts the love story of  Gong Ma Sung(CJH) who has suffered from Cinderella’s memory impairment  and a topstar, Joo Gi Bbeum (Song Hae-yoon) who has fallen into a helpless state.  First broadcast on 9/5 11pm.

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr

FbBmATQ.gif

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨 - Choi Jin Hyuk, Hoya and Song Ha Yoon - Wednesdays @ 23:00 KST - Premieres on September 5th

Kwon Hyuk-soo makes a cameo appearance in EP1&2

FEmJoV0.jpg

http://www.munhwa.com/news/view.html?no=20180904MW142815180022

Jeon Soo-kyung, as Gong Jin Yang, chairman of Sunwoo Group & Lee Ho Won’s mom & GMS’s aunt

R310pk5.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201809030825558010

The artist, Moon Ho did GMS’s diary &drawings.  The last shooting day he took a photo with handsome CJH

Spoiler

For a first episode we got a lot of movement of the plot. The writers know the main story starts after the 3 year time jump. So they hurried up MS falling for GB a bit. I think he fell for her innocence.....she has a child-like simplicity in the first half hour which kind of endeared her to him:rolleyes:. But I liked the second half more. We get to see just how much effort it takes for MS to live a semblance of a normal daily life with his amnesia. Everything will be forgotten tomorrow so he writes about his entire day in his diary....every day for past 3 years. In meetings he has to ask questions that have been answered already a day before.....he has to take in all the weird stares and keep going. I don't think anyone else knows about the amnesia except for people close to him like his aunts, his secretary and his doctor. One thing I was pleasantly surprised to see was that the aunts all like him and care for him. So at least for now ,no evil aunts  out to take his money away from him. The eldest aunt...the company president, gave me a few doubts because of her cold personality. But when MS showed his sharp brain in the board meeting she looked proud of him. So I don't think she's going to push her son for power. Her son doesn't look like he has skills or any interest in the family business. 

GB went through a high in life to a lowest of low. She was rising star....she met a interesting man she fell for in few hours. They promised to meet again. But he didn't show up. The next day she's accused of killing someone. Even though they couldn't prove it, she's still living with that accusation hanging over her. Now she's reduced to doing demeaning things just to earn a living as an Internet reporter....things like eating a live fish on camera.:persevere: 

Will GB feel guilty if she knows MS got into the accident because he was trying to protect her. He overheard the men...GB's agent?? and some other guy planning to drug her and do bad things to her. On the other hand if MS had not gone after them and met GB as planned, she would not have gone back to the hotel and drunk that drugged cocktail. I don't think even GB remembers what happened after that...she woke up saw a dead body on the floor and the police all over the room. Hopefully they will explore that mystery soon and not leave it for the final conflict...coz I'm dying to know what happened.

My only gripe about GB's character for now is that she's still that simple and child-like innocent that she was 3 years ago which to me was bordering on stupid in some scenes. I thought she would change after the scandal that destroyed her life and career. That it would mature her a bit. I mean I don't want her to go extreme and become a cold unfeeling person but at least be aware that there are bad people who will take advantage of you if you're not careful. Her director pissed me off so much when he made her do something stupid and then recorded her without her consent just for netizens laughs and likes.

Anyways, we have a long way to go and I really hope to see her character grow....

Overall first episode was good and ended with the leads meeting again after 3 years so I'm excited for tomorrow.

edit...

I have another theory....without subs this is all just guess work.

Maybe the scandal was not about GB killing someone. Maybe it was about using drugs.

They did drug her drink...and maybe the dead guy used drugs too....maybe he died of overdose. I checked the scene again there didn't seem to be any blood on or around the body. And the korean subs in that scene were no help....just "the woman seems drunk and the man is deceased...."

2 hours ago, triplem said:

So I’m confused ... is it two episodes today ? Or one episode a week?

But yaaaaa look , there’s already a kiss . So the romance must have taken off very passionately :tounge_xd:. And then he must have met with an accident after that 

DJ airs W & Th with one ep for each day.  So happy to read DJ is #1 naver search now :)

Currently DJ is still #1 on the never search 

I just found out our DJ PDnim is a woman.    About the writer, I’m not very sure but it’s a she too.  Yes fighting women team   Unfortunately no photo of the writer was in PC. But I found the picture of the script reading which  shows two people in the foreground. I have to guess they are PD and Writer.

iv5hwtN.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net

I like the way  SHY and CJH interact during PC.  They seem very relaxed with each other and attentive. 

GvbtH6K.jpg

1 hour ago, LoveBunny said:

Did the episodes come out already ?!

i ship them already !!!

me too  haha   :wub::wub:

39A0Vgn.gif

hahaha PDnim seemed to give a nod to CJH’s previous dramas.  First one is in the first teaser showing GMS walking out with his hand’s up under a bright light; Tunnel’s first teaser showing PGH doing the same pose.  Another one is from Pride & Prejudice where Han Yeol-moo & Goo Dong-chi did 10 counting- hug.  

Spoiler

Tunnel

Pride & Prejudice

Rice donation from the overseas fans   On behalf of them the Korean fan (very devoted)  who attended PC took a video and pictures.  CJH posed to thank his fans.   

Spoiler

The premiere of DJ in the theater with fans & the cast    Someone  commented to this fan that she must have a very close seat from CJH.  The fan said the front seat(s) was empty so she moved there and took pictures and got his autograph.   I don’t know whether she got that seat for the rest of the event.

She left a joyous comment:  I am very happy today.  To see our actor in real !!!  Pure sculpture... praise

Spoiler

the support snacks  from Roum Studio 

Spoiler

CJH is still shooting.  Okay today’s rating is 1.5%.  Hopefully it will increase soon.   Though DJ lost #1 but it still is #3 on naver now.  All the news articles gave a big hurray for DJ.  I agree.  It’s so well done.  I’ve never seen CJH play such a swooning part.  So speechless  haha   Unfortunately we will not see his short lived, toe curling act till the end. 

'DJ' EP1  rating:  1.5%

Spoiler

jin hyuk: Finally the first broadcast was aired… Have you enjoyed the first broadcast?!   Part 1 is the introduction for the drama  but  you will have more fun as you enter into the full-fledged story from Part 2 ~ ^^  Please watch it live…  I’m still shooting today too..

The first episode was hilarious, I couldn’t take them seriously for to long. I was right to ship them before even seeing the episode. Their chemistry is just so cute, love the pairing. It’s unfortunate, they gave us such a sort loved "love st first site". I can’t wait to see what will happened with her career or lack there of and how he will remember her. 

Yeah! A perfect drama to recover from "Witch's Love" withdrawal syndrome. Big wave to @dito. Thanks for your recap. Saw DJ's trailers during WL's broadcast and notice that they also have similiar mysterious vibe too! CJH is another reason of course! Love him since Fated to Love You remake. :P

To discover that filming was also done at my beloved Hainan island is the icing on the cake! Both my parents were from this beautiful island which is a favourite location for Miss World pageants. The sceneries will be beautiful for sure. Lee Seo Jin's "Lovers" was also filmed there.:D

To know that DJ is from the same production company as 1% of Anything( my alltime favourite romcom), My Secret Romance & Witch's Love makes it a MUST WATCH drama indeed! :heart:

@boohathanks for all the lovely updates!:P

I am a bit confused re the subs. I don't see VIU ones which means its licensed somewhere. Who has it? I see the one from the main site where all other streaming sites get their subs from has it from subscene. Isn't that from Indonesian subs?

I am wondering if I should watch raw or wait.

Guest charliew
7 hours ago, LoveBunny said:

The first episode was hilarious, I couldn’t take them seriously for to long. I was right to ship them before even seeing the episode. Their chemistry is just so cute, love the pairing. It’s unfortunate, they gave us such a sort loved "love st first site". I can’t wait to see what will happened with her career or lack there of and how he will remember her. 

Same here.. as soon as i saw the poster i shipping them hahaha and kissing scene on the very first episode hahaha let me pray harder so i can have more kissing scenes on the next episodes...

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

I am a bit confused re the subs. I don't see VIU ones which means its licensed somewhere. Who has it? I see the one from the main site where all other streaming sites get their subs from has it from subscene. Isn't that from Indonesian subs?

I am wondering if I should watch raw or wait.

I believe DramaFever is subbing it. They released a subbed teaser too.

Archived