Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

This is the  scene from epi 1 right ? I remember that one, and I instantly adored these two!

I think NQ/SS had freckles there on their cheeks .. and it was just like in the novel . They looked so young and adorable and fresh in that scene, where SS's eyes and expressions were bright, while NQ was smiling at her softly. Awww, I love them there :wub:

"Another scene which a tired NQ holds onto the gourd and looks towards the horizon, seeing SS running to hug him, as he spoke her name under his breathe was also lovely."

===> epi 21, right ?

I love this one tooo :wub: . They looked so lovely and that was a good satisfying moment. Yesss, CFY did well here, as long as SYR. That was a very good scene. One of my favourites.

So agree with you!

They shine when they are together, and for me, their tiny short moments are both more adorable and sweeter than any skinship / sweet talks in other dramas, because they felt more natural. This is why I really love these two.

Agree with this too .

NQ's feelings (drama version) towards SS can be seen from the 'big things' that he does, like making money for a living, or when he is in danger and he urges himself to survive because of SS . For example, when he was in the competition and sang his 'mantra', or when he was kidnapped in epi 23 and thought that he had to go back because SS was waiting at home, or whenever he got annoyed every time LQ mentioned SS. Of course, it would be better if they included the tiny sweet moments from the novel. But, yeah .. perhaps it's hard to stick 100 % to the novel

Yes, their first onscreen moment back at Wei City made me instantly adore them. Something about those two was just too cute when i started watching EN. I dont read the webnovel so everything Ive pointed out is based on the drama alone, which I think is really good. I really enjoy NQ&SS relationship, even if not romantic yet. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, coffeereads said:

i think Ning Que won't be going home until episode 47. So i'll skip watching for now and wait . until he can be reunited with SS. good thing I'm reading the novel so it can supplement the drama. I'm halfway in the novel, still waiting for translations but it's getting so exciting. I can't imagine waiting for season 2 of this drama where all the action starts. 

Episode 47???:blink:  So far away and then only 13 episodes left for so much to happen...I hope they can make it work

I think I'll skip watching for now too and then fast forward through NQ/MSS scenes.  Not really excited to watch him and MSS making eyes at each other :vicx:  I sincerely hope we get lots of screentime and development for our Sang Sang during the episodes before they are reunited.

I'm loving all the posters here talking about their favourite NingSang moments in the previous episodes :heart:

6 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Yes, their first onscreen moment back at Wei City made me instantly adore them. Something about those two was just too cute when i started watching EN. I dont read the webnovel so everything Ive pointed out is based on the drama alone, which I think is really good. I really enjoy NQ&SS relationship, even if not romantic yet. 

Yes, that simple moment sold their relationship for me too. 

These two actors really have amazing chemistry.  I started watching after the news of Chen Fei Yu leaving the series came out so I tried not to get too attached to his portrayal of NQ but I think he's doing a great job and his chemistry with Song Yi Ren is not going to be easy to replicate.  I feel sorry for his successor as he has big shoes to fill.

• Like 5

Does the umbrella hold/made by some sort of special properties? From the looks of it, it seems to deflect all forms of cultivation and even held up well against the vermillion phoenix. It even helped SS find NQ when he was kidnapped.  Is it cast by some sort of cultivation/spell? It doesnt seem to break or wither either. 

Also, does any of NQ's classmates know how to cultivate well/excel in combat? As of ep 25(Im currently on this ep), I havent seen any of them do much inside/outside within the tang academy besides hang out/book studies. I wanna see how his classmates would perform in a cultivation/combat against NQ. I think it was mention during the exam in the mountains about their level/abilities in comparison to NQ but I havent seen them in actual fights yet.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Episode 47???:blink:  So far away and then only 13 episodes left for so much to happen...I hope they can make it work

I think I'll skip watching for now too and then fast forward through NQ/MSS scenes.  Not really excited to watch him and MSS making eyes at each other :vicx:  I sincerely hope we get lots of screentime and development for our Sang Sang during the episodes before they are reunited.

I'm loving all the posters here talking about their favourite NingSang moments in the previous episodes :heart:

Yes, that simple moment sold their relationship for me too. 

These two actors really have amazing chemistry.  I started watching after the news of Chen Fei Yu leaving the series came out so I tried not to get too attached to his portrayal of NQ but I think he's doing a great job and his chemistry with Song Yi Ren is not going to be easy to replicate.  I feel sorry for his successor as he has big shoes to fill.

When I started EN, I found out that CFY wasnt going to reprise his role as NQ, It suprised me because Ive enjoyed his performance within only watching 4 ep. I think he has alot of potential to grow as an actor and I would have love to see him grow as NQ with SY as SS, although he exceeds super well in action sequence. Hopefully to whoever is cast as NQ for EV S2 can act/execute fight scenes. CFY has a great physicality & voice, so Im going to really miss him as NQ. CFY and SY are so good together.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

Does the umbrella hold/made by some sort of special properties? From the looks of it, it seems to deflect all forms of cultivation and even held up well against the vermillion phoenix. It even helped SS find NQ when he was kidnapped.  Is it casted by some sort of cultivation/spell? It doesnt seem to break or wither either. 

Also, does any of NQ's classmates know how to cultivate well/excel in combat? As of ep 25(Im currently on this ep), I havent seen any of them do much inside/outside within the tang academy besides hang out/book studies. I wanna see how his classmates would perform in a cultivation/combat against NQ. I think it was mention during the exam in the mountains about their level/abilities in comparison to NQ but I havent seen them in actual fights yet.

Good questions.  I desperately want to know more about the umbrella too.  It seems to be key to Sang Sang's real identity.

I'm not sure if his classmates will do anything much in relation to the plot.  The drama doesn't seem much interested in them now NQ is Mr Thirteenth disciple.

41 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

When I started EN, I found out that CFY wasnt going to reprise his role as NQ, It suprised me because Ive enjoyed his performance within only watching 4 ep. I think he has alot of potential to grow as an actor and I would have love to see him grow as NQ with SY as SS, although he exceeds super well in action sequence. Hopefully to whoever is cast as NQ for EV S2 can act/execute fight scenes. CFY has a great physicality & voice, so Im going to really miss him as NQ. CFY and SY are so good together.

Agreed.  Even though i don't think his acting is the greatest ever or anything but I do think he is doing a very good job given his age and minimal experience and he completely makes you believe he is NQ.  I definitely agree about his physicality, voice and presence which work so well for the character.  He's really managed to make the role his and it would have been nice to see his acting and experience grow along with the character.  I'll be interested to see how his successor interprets the role especially as from what webnovel readers say the story becomes darker and more complex.

I'm happy Song Yi Ren will stay.  She is perfect as Sang Sang and I can't imagine anyone else in the role.  I can't wait until she has more scenes and more material to work with as we find out more and more about SS.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, coffeereads said:

i think Ning Que won't be going home until episode 47. So i'll skip watching for now and wait . until he can be reunited with SS. good thing I'm reading the novel so it can supplement the drama. I'm halfway in the novel, still waiting for translations but it's getting so exciting. I can't imagine waiting for season 2 of this drama where all the action starts. 

OMG ep.47.  ok let's take a guess now when season 1 will end.  

I ll use spoiler for this

Spoiler

Chapter 205: MSS has no mountains in her eyes

First time both MSS and NQ met together

Chapter 281:Join the devil(part X)

MSS confessed to NQ that she likes him but he did not answer her confession.

Chapter 341:A reunion with new and old friends (EPISODE 47 in drama- this is just a guess)

NQ is back home at 47th street.  This is when SS and MSS first met.  She looked down on SS.

After this we have only 13 episodes to go.

Chapter 352: Red walls & white snow.  What a lovely scene

NQ confessed to MSS.  He answered her love confession.

Chapter 356: We were kids

NQ asked SS what she think about MSS.

Awwww, my heart broke while reading this chapter and made me cry.

Chapter 357: A pitiful kid.

SS leaves the house.

Chapter 358/359 : NQ looks for her and finds out where she is staying

Chapter 360: SS returns back home @old brush pen shop.

Chapter 497: Another dream.

NQ is accepting to get engaged to SS.

Maybe the season1 will end here, which is almost half way mark of total of 1000 and odd chapters.

What do you guys think?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The confession^_^

The eldest brother acting a Cupid between NQ & MSS:crazy:

Spoiler

:joy:NQ comparing the cute little doggie with Chen pipi.

Is LQ mentioning something about SS here coz he thought that NQ is flirting with MSS?

HAVE EP. UPTO 46 AIRED ALREADY????

Edited by pad-hari
Added more videos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I dont think the numbers in the trailer describe the epi numbers, because I was 'tricked' by them once. So if the trailer said '47', perhaps it should be for epi 40 or 42 ...(etc). 

For example. trailer 41-42. Based on epi 36, I'm guessing that it should happen in epi 37 or 38. We'll see later whether I'm correct or not. 

@pad-hari

, regarding your question for trailer 41-42 :

LQ is trying to challenge NQ, but NQ keeps on refusing. Finally, LQ mentions SS, and NQ suddenly changes and accepts his challenge

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Good questions.  I desperately want to know more about the umbrella too.  It seems to be key to Sang Sang's real identity.

I'm not sure if his classmates will do anything much in relation to the plot.  The drama doesn't seem much interested in them now NQ is Mr Thirteenth disciple.

Agreed.  Even though i don't think his acting is the greatest ever or anything but I do think he is doing a very good job given his age and minimal experience and he completely makes you believe he is NQ.  I definitely agree about his physicality, voice and presence which work so well for the character.  He's really managed to make the role his and it would have been nice to see his acting and experience grow along with the character.  I'll be interested to see how his successor interprets the role especially as from what webnovel readers say the story becomes darker and more complex.

I'm happy Song Yi Ren will stay.  She is perfect as Sang Sang and I can't imagine anyone else in the role.  I can't wait until she has more scenes and more material to work with as we find out more and more about SS.

I didnt expect CFY to be so young either. 17 when he played NQ & 18 now. Hes a literal baby. I didnt expect SY to be older than him at all. I was shocked. The Director really cast the perfect pair. SY is definitely the stronger actor in terms of emotion/expression.

SY is really good with her eyes. She cries effortlessly w/ such nuance/subtly, it doesnt feel forced at all. Theres so much energy/personality in SY's portrayal of SS that makes it very enjoyable to watch. Heck, Id watch a whole season of just her character alone. So hopefully the upcoming arc, she gets to shine. 

• Like 6

I only watched and finished episode 27 since the website I watch it from is slow Re English subs and lately lots of lag - so I have to wait at least a day or two before watching. The relationship between NQ and the Old Tailsman Master is also very sweet and touching.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

HAVE EP. UPTO 46 AIRED ALREADY????

they probably have it in the VIP section

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

they probably have it in the VIP section

Hey Chingu How are you doing??

I have a major question from the novel??? It has been bugging me a while now

Spoiler

Doesssss Sang Sang and NQ have their own language.  i know in combat they talk in Code but now I am reading chapter  71, the writer mention no one being able to understand NingSang talking to each other. I am correct or not???  

• Like 1

@UnniSarah the novel clearly 

Spoiler

States that they can understand and communicate with each other by one look, expression or word - that is how close and how well they understand each other. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, stella77 said:

@UnniSarah the novel clearly 

Reveal hidden contents

States that they can understand and communicate with each other by one look, expression or word - that is how close and how well they understand each other. 

I only said that @stella77 because of this particular scene in the novel. I tend to over think while reading. I do know that NingSang don’t always need words to communicate. :D

Spoiler

WK4Gs5q0xoRslxEYgjfW70W89hMFhjshDsFKkK3n

• LOL 5

Spoiler

About ep 35

I really loves the scene where NQ at last getting introduced as Mr. Thirteen, and how NQ debate with the bad old woman called 姑姑,  he even called her 老太婆, how ruthless and cold blooded is NQ, when he try to get justice from evil people. CFY really did a great job. I keep repeating this scene LOL. Really proud of NQ.

About ep 34

I am quite dissapointed with the 'Horse Gang' fighting scene especially where NQ and Lin Ling fight, it was too simple compared to the novel. And the girl sacrifice her life saving NQ, she hasnt know NQ that much but she willing to die for him hmmmm...

About ep 36

Well NQ is starting to have new girl friends, learning how to flirt with MSS. And make a puppy eyes contest with her. Something that he never done in Chang An Capital. Well i like this emotion development for NQ.

Oh well I accept NQ with everybody LOL, sorry for the NingSang worshipers out there :P

So far ep 33-36 in the wilderness, quite interesting since there are a lot lot lot of breath-taking view, upcoming great fighting scene and getting new friends and foes. Really interesting and cant wait for next week!

Yet agree it is so sad for SS being left alone waiting for NQ to come home safely. She must be worried a lot, that's why she gave the umbrella, and it does really help NQ in the wilderness. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hey Chingu How are you doing??

I have a major question from the novel??? It has been bugging me a while now

Hide contents

Doesssss Sang Sang and NQ have their own language.  i know in combat they talk in Code but now I am reading chapter  71, the writer mention no one being able to understand NingSang talking to each other. I am correct or not???  

tired.....went out the whole afternoon with mom and grandma lols.....well it weekend and i cannot simply stay at home.....my mom will kill me if i dont spend some times with her rather than staying cope up in my room lols....

actually @stella77 is right....they do not need words or gesture.....they had grew up together sides by sides....all it needs is that some indicator and both know perfectly what the other part needs.....just like the parts when they were guiding the princess out......there this part in the book.....where SangSang starts feeling cold and nothing is helping......it was a very normal arrangement....and with no words exchange or look exchange.....NingQue pass SangSang the sack for her to sip on and SangSang without saying anything just gulp it up and then proceeded to fall back to sleep....

NingQue didnt even need to ask whether is she feeling better like in the drama.....in the drama they had them spell it and act it out....but in the book.....NingQue knew SangSang was feeling better and the cold had left her body because he had her feet on his body every night and also there is a sweat beads forming on SangSang face finally......

just a small sweat bead and that is all it take for NingQue to know that she is better.....in the scenes of fighting...SangSang can read NingQue move and have absolutely trust in NingQue, we can see no hesitation in between.....in the drama SangSang hide from the blow that NingQue was about deliver since she ran to him from behind but u can see at the moment or inches from the moment he was about to hack it down....it stop in mid swing....no one in the heat of battle can do that....but NingQue did because the very person is SangSang and when she was chases down by those barbarians in the wood....there is no other thought but for her to reach NingQue.....she doesnt goes to the nearest soldier but she went to NingQue......

that is how much trust is in between NingQue and SangSang :) no one can reach this kind of path of understanding in between 2 individuals unless they both trusted each other fully......they can read each other move without much efforts......

• Like 7

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

tired.....went out the whole afternoon with mom and grandma lols.....well it weekend and i cannot simply stay at home.....my mom will kill me if i dont spend some times with her rather than staying cope up in my room lols....

actually @stella77 is right....they do not need words or gesture.....they had grew up together sides by sides....all it needs is that some indicator and both know perfectly what the other part needs.....just like the parts when they were guiding the princess out......there this part in the book.....where SangSang starts feeling cold and nothing is helping......it was a very normal arrangement....and with no words exchange or look exchange.....NingQue pass SangSang the sack for her to sip on and SangSang without saying anything just gulp it up and then proceeded to fall back to sleep....

NingQue didnt even need to ask whether is she feeling better like in the drama.....in the drama they had them spell it and act it out....but in the book.....NingQue knew SangSang was feeling better and the cold had left her body because he had her feet on his body every night and also there is a sweat beads forming on SangSang face finally......

just a small sweat bead and that is all it take for NingQue to know that she is better.....in the scenes of fighting...SangSang can read NingQue move and have absolutely trust in NingQue, we can see no hesitation in between.....in the drama SangSang hide from the blow that NingQue was about deliver since she ran to him from behind but u can see at the moment or inches from the moment he was about to hack it down....it stop in mid swing....no one in the heat of battle can do that....but NingQue did because the very person is SangSang and when she was chases down by those barbarians in the wood....there is no other thought but for her to reach NingQue.....she doesnt goes to the nearest soldier but she went to NingQue......

that is how much trust is in between NingQue and SangSang :) no one can reach this kind of path of understanding in between 2 individuals unless they both trusted each other fully......they can read each other move without much efforts......

How i love reading about this two couple, thx for the explanation @angelangie, is there any couple like these couple character NingSang in any jianghu novels? Their destiny, how they meet, and how their life goes, until the end. I'm so happy and feel lucky to be able knowing this novel, and able to watch a decent adaptation drama, hopefully it will get remake like Gu Long or Jin Young or any other famous author. Getting here i feel so sad and dissapoint to the fact that CFY is not coming back for the 2nd season :tears: 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Spoiler translation for ep 31 SS slowly losing her marbles

Spoiler

SS: Young Master, I heard that the wilderness is very cold. You have to remember to do the same as me and eat something hot. Since you are not here, I eat a little more simple but it's quite tasty.

Imaginary NQ: If it tastes good then eat a little more. Take my share and eat it as well.

SS: nods

SS: Do you want to taste? Not giving.

Imaginary NQ: Very ugly.

SS: Young Master what did you say?

SS: Young Master, Sang Sang really misses you very much. When will you come back?

Student: What are you thinking?

Real NQ: Thinking about Sang Sang, thinking about home.

Student: Yeah, We have already come out for more than one month.

Spoiler translation for ep 32

Spoiler

SS: The weather outside is so cold and the wind is so strong. If you sleep outside I also won't sleep peacefully. Put the blanket over there.

SS: Today, for now, stay here for the night. Tomorrow when the weather is good, then you can go. Sleep. Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?

WGM: Thank you for letting me stay.

SS: Quickly sleep. Don't forget to extinguish the candles.

SS: Don't mess up the things.

SS: Young Master, is the wilderness cold? Are the blankets enough? The wilderness definitely doesn't have nuts from the goods shop. I will eat it on your behalf. Today in Du city, the wind is very strong, very cold. At the entrance, I picked up an elderly drifter. They say, good people, will have good rewards. I hope this good reward falls on you.

SS: This, you eat it. I'm going to sleep.

Spoiler translation for ep 34 SS's fighting talk

Spoiler

SS: Young Master, Let me tell you, that old guy is a really bothersome person. All day long he thinks about taking me as a disciple. Don't you think it's funny? He also said he wants to teach me divine skills. When I learn the divine skills, I can help the Young Master fight. In the past, it was Young Master who protected Sang Sang. In the future, Sang Sang can also protect the Young Master. HA

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

How i love reading about this two couple, thx for the explanation @angelangie, is there any couple like these couple character NingSang in any jianghu novels? Their destiny, how they meet, and how their life goes, until the end. I'm so happy and feel lucky to be able knowing this novel, and able to watch a decent adaptation drama, hopefully it will get remake like Gu Long or Jin Young or any other famous author. Getting here i feel so sad and dissapoint to the fact that CFY is not coming back for the 2nd season :tears: 

you are welcome....lols well this is the vibe i got from reading and watching i guess lols :P 

yes CFY is not going to come bk, we need to accept that unless when they start filming the schedule kinda managed to fix itself....if not we need to still and set to see another different set of chemistry

• Like 6