• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, anazs said:

Hi @Ainee Etp glad to see u back! me too, haven't watch but will watch soon! hahah!

Mr. Lawyer in suit :wub: 

I want her tooo!! :D yes, it will not happen, i know..hehe

Han Ye Seul, Kang Sora. Han Hyo Joo?? :rolleyes:

And....since this is a KBS production, we might be able to see PHS (or even JDG) guesting in 1N2D again. :dizzy::blush:

Ah I see. I remember wishing a k version of this ( at the Good Wife thread/Criminal Minds thread) I hope this will be a good one. I've never seen Park Hyung Sik in any drama except psycho thriller "Sirius".  I will watch cos I want to see how this will fare. TGW is the one  kversion of an US drama that I really like. The rest not so much * coughs*  Entourage, CM.  If writing and directing is good, this should be good. So okay.. we keep getting this kdrama adaptation of US shows. What's next? Hmmm.  White Collar. HTGAWM.

Sorry.  I always have a lot to say.  My thoughts always just comes out of my head.. But I will watch a drama ( don't care who the lead are are) as long as it's well written and doesn't bore me.

Edit: hope I didn't offend any Park Hyung Sik fans here.

9 hours ago, ferily said:

Calling out to some other Chingus... @stroppyse  @Visually-wandering @USAFarmgirl @penelop3 @nonski @triplem @leekyuphii @bebebisous33 @s00ki @sakura2016 (Maybe after YSH drama, this one? ^^) I am missing a lot, but for now the chingus I list :)

thank you so much for the shout out chingu :) 

I saw the news a while ago (while looking for updates about YSH's upcoming drama :tongue:) and it was great news indeed!! I love actor Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik is an actor to look for and having them in one drama is an intersting casting and I'm looking forwad to see them working together :D 

I watch Suits up to the 4th Season (before I drop it) but I really like the series first 3 seasons. I think it will do well in a Kdrama with only 16-20 episodes because they could cut the story short and focus more on the plot and story. I actually like the US series is just that it started going on circles and repeating some cases just so they could extend it to more seasons because it was so well recieve in it's first few seasons. I feel like Suits should have ended on its 4th season but that's just me.

Anyway back on the Kdrama version, the plot is interesting enough and there are lots of sub stories they could explore so if the writer is good she should write an interesting 20 episodes script that is still fast phase and keep the audience interest and love. 

The most important aside from script though is Harvey and Mike camaraderie and chemistry together. I trust Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Shik to pull it off. Their lines with each other is one of the main reason Suits work. I am just happy it's JDG that is choosen as Harvey because I am rest assured he will give it justice. I have never seen Hyungshik in a role like Mike before but he is good actor so I know he will also give it justice.

Also I wonder who will play Donna and Jessica?! This 2 girls are damn bad-richard simmons and amazing!! I feel like they might include a Harvey-Donna love line in here (they are only friend in the original!!) since this is a k-drama and I'll be fine with that as long as it's just a side story. They need to focus on Harvey-Mike brotherhood and them solving cases.

My only problem is that I actually don't like Rachel that much in the original series because she pales in comparison by far to the amazing girls like Donna and Jessica but since this is a Kdrama and she is Mike's love interest they might focus a little more on her love line with Mike and I don't like that. PLEASE NO!!!

So many here are already talking about the females leads but I really hope there won't be much love line in the drama because Suits is not about that. They need to focus on the 2 male leads and the legal team ensemble. 

I wonder when is the script reading going to take place?

Dramabeans is buzzing with comments and there's more info about the main characters:

Jang Dong-gun, Park Hyung-shik team up for remake of Suits

by girlfriday

JangDongGun_ParkHyungShik1.jpg

Wow, that’s one hell of a leading cast. Jang Dong-gun (VIP) is coming back to dramaland five years after his last drama, A Gentleman’s Dignity, in the new KBS drama remake of the popular American series Suits. And the happy news doesn’t stop there: Rising star Park Hyung-shik (Strong Woman Do Bong-soon) will be the other half of the two-top drama, about a hotshot lawyer and the young genius he (illegally) takes under his wing.

Suits, which has been on for seven seasons on cable network USA, is a slick, fast-talking legal drama about New York City’s best closer (Harvey Specter), and the down-on-his-luck legal genius (Mike Ross) he hires as his associate… even though he’s never gone to law school. Mike is a college dropout who illegally takes the bar exam for other people to make money, so he’s a walking encyclopedia of legal knowledge, especially since he’s a genius who never forgets something he reads once. He ends up crashing a job interview for Harvey’s new associate position, and Harvey is so impressed that he hires him, and thus begins their risky partnership.

Jang Dong-gun has signed on to play Harvey’s counterpart, charismatic lawyer Choi Kyung-seo, a legend at the top law firm in Korea. Harvey’s character oozes charm and confidence, so Jang Dong-gun is pitch-perfect for the role, and a huge get for the remake. Park Hyung-shik has been confirmed to play the young genius associate, Go Yeon-woo, who learns the ropes under his new mentor’s tutelage. I’ve been impressed with Park Hyung-shik in all of his roles thus far, and I’m excited to see him try a different genre and character (say, not a chaebol).

Fingers are crossed for the remake to retain the same fast-paced, energetic feel of the original series. The writer, Kim Jung-min, is unknown, but I have high hopes for PD Kim Jin-woo, who directed the moody, visually strong Mystery Queen earlier this year (and was also the second PD on Healer). KBS Media (Seven Day Queen, The Best Hit) and Monster Union (Dreamcide) will collaborate on the production of the remake, which is being planned for a 2018 broadcast on KBS.

Via Sports Chosun

(Credit : dramabeans)

So... his name is Go Yeon Woo :wub:

On 9/23/2017 at 6:26 PM, Ainee Etp said:

I wonder when is the script reading going to take place?

Dramabeans is buzzing with comments and there's more info about the main characters:

Jang Dong-gun, Park Hyung-shik team up for remake of Suits

by girlfriday

Wow, that’s one hell of a leading cast. Jang Dong-gun (VIP) is coming back to dramaland five years after his last drama, A Gentleman’s Dignity, in the new KBS drama remake of the popular American series Suits. And the happy news doesn’t stop there: Rising star Park Hyung-shik (Strong Woman Do Bong-soon) will be the other half of the two-top drama, about a hotshot lawyer and the young genius he (illegally) takes under his wing.

Suits, which has been on for seven seasons on cable network USA, is a slick, fast-talking legal drama about New York City’s best closer (Harvey Specter), and the down-on-his-luck legal genius (Mike Ross) he hires as his associate… even though he’s never gone to law school. Mike is a college dropout who illegally takes the bar exam for other people to make money, so he’s a walking encyclopedia of legal knowledge, especially since he’s a genius who never forgets something he reads once. He ends up crashing a job interview for Harvey’s new associate position, and Harvey is so impressed that he hires him, and thus begins their risky partnership.

Jang Dong-gun has signed on to play Harvey’s counterpart, charismatic lawyer Choi Kyung-seo, a legend at the top law firm in Korea. Harvey’s character oozes charm and confidence, so Jang Dong-gun is pitch-perfect for the role, and a huge get for the remake. Park Hyung-shik has been confirmed to play the young genius associate, Go Yeon-woo, who learns the ropes under his new mentor’s tutelage. I’ve been impressed with Park Hyung-shik in all of his roles thus far, and I’m excited to see him try a different genre and character (say, not a chaebol).

Fingers are crossed for the remake to retain the same fast-paced, energetic feel of the original series. The writer, Kim Jung-min, is unknown, but I have high hopes for PD Kim Jin-woo, who directed the moody, visually strong Mystery Queen earlier this year (and was also the second PD on Healer). KBS Media (Seven Day Queen, The Best Hit) and Monster Union (Dreamcide) will collaborate on the production of the remake, which is being planned for a 2018 broadcast on KBS.

Via Sports Chosun

(Credit : dramabeans)

So... his name is Go Yeon Woo :wub:

can't wait for this.. can they make it a 30 episode drama.. so more bromance....

Annyeong Chingus!

Thank you for the shout out @ferily @athena22 @bebebisous33!

Wow most Avengers are here already!

*waves* dongsaeng @stroppyse, missed you!

hugs to all chingus here! 

Glad that I already know everyone here... almost!

Let me start an early roll yeah!

Thank you @sebastian27 for starting this thread!

@sebastian27 @xscalsve @evie7 @anazs @ferily @sik1116 @triplem @Ainee Etp@stroppyse @dramalover1 @saanjh sena @Visually-wandering @athena22 @icyphoenix @bebebisous33 @jongski @eh_ashlei @Amanda_HS @tudorrose @carolinedl

I really liked the American Series Suits tho by season 4 I dropped the show.  I could already see PHS being Mike and JDG too is a very good actor.  Harvey Specter... he is just another version of my favorite Dr. House!

feels like SWDBS thread :) 

Thank you for the shout out  @athena22. I seldom post my views in a drama thread but I enjoy reading insights from the others.

Although I don't have much confidence in a remake and personally not a fan of Suits ( I only completed 2 seasons ), I am very excited when i heard the casting. Jang Dong gun and Hyungsik! Wow, I can't wait to watch this drama. 

Jang Dong gun is currently shooting a movie so the earliest possible date for them to start shooting for Suits is probably February 2018. News stated that they hope to air this drama not later than April.  

I am really curious who they would cast as Donna, Jessica or Rachel. Jang Dong Gun is a big name and since this drama focuses on Mike and Harvey, they may not be able to attract other big names for the female roles. 

Hey guys!! :) Omo!  a new show with PHS! I like!

Ah I just saw this and quite excited for this new show! I think it is such a good idea for PHS to be taking a role like this. I love him in romantic comedies but it is nice for him to break away from it a bit, especially after the success of SWDBS. Good move!

I do hope we get some interesting female characters in the show. I would not mind seeing a rookie too.

@triplem @eh_ashlei Thanks for giving us some insight on the storyline for Suites. It was always a show I meant to watch but never found the time.

@nonski yayy your here!  crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif

3 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Hey guys!! :) Omo!  a new show with PHS! I like!

Ah I just saw this and quite excited for this new show! I think it is such a good idea for PHS to be taking a role like this. I love him in romantic comedies but it is nice for him to break away from it a bit, especially after the success of SWDBS. Good move!

I do hope we get some interesting female characters in the show. I would not mind seeing a rookie too.

Hello! Long time no read ya! I'm happy you are on board:D

@Amanda_HS I'm happy to see you're here too

@vangsweetie637, Hi fellow Ruler chingu!! It looks like you'll be joining for this drama too? I wasn't sure if I should tag you or not since I didn't know if you like Park Hyung Sik... Glad you are here to join us on this thread :D I didn't watch the US version as well so I am in for a surprise with this drama!

June 2, 2017

USA's 'Suits' to Get South Korean Remake

by Lee Hyo-won The Hollywood Reporter

suits-season-5-spoilers-cast-news-charles-barkley-becomes-harveys-2623271.jpg

"This deal further cements our interest in broadening our activity in the vibrant Asian market," says Yvonne Pilkington, senior vp formats & production at NBCUniversal International.

USA Network's Suits will be getting a South Korean remake, NBCUniversal International Formats said on Tuesday.

Korea's EnterMedia Pictures Co. Ltd. has bought the rights and will handle the legal drama's first international adaptation. The deal was concluded by Linfield Ng, Asia director format sales liaison, and Yvonne Pilkington, senior vp formats & production at NBCUniversal International.

The arrangement marks the company's first scripted format deal in Asia.

The Korean version will be jointly executive produced by Sebastian Dong Hun Lee and David Kim of EnterMedia Contents, who are represented by WME. Both producers were responsible for the U.S. adaptations of Korean hit series My Love From Another Star and Good Doctor.

Suits tells the story of a law associate who works for a high-profile lawyer despite never having actually attended law school. The drama debuted on USA in 2011 and is now in its fifth season.

"This deal further cements our interest in broadening our activity in the vibrant Asian market. Having recently acquired Korean non-scripted formats for international distribution [Hidden Singer and Where Are We Going, Dad?], we are excited to announce Suits Korea as our first scripted format deal in Asia," said Pilkington.

Kim, managing director of EnterMedia Pictures, said: "We are very excited for Suits and fans of the show. This will be the first-ever adaptation of this U.S. show in Korea as well as in Asia, and many U.S. scripted shows have been very popular among Korean audiences."

September 24, 2017

Jang Dong-gun returns to small screen with remake of popular U.S. drama series

Source: KBS Global

n_20170924e_01.jpg

Actor Jang Dong-gun is returning to the small screen after a six year hiatus. He will be making a comeback with a Korean remake of the popular American TV series “Suits.”

Jang plays charismatic lawyer Choi Kyung-seo in the Korean version of the legal drama. He last appeared on TV in 2012.

The American series premiered in June 2011 and is current in its seventh season. It is being remake overseas for the first time in Korea.

Along with Jang, singer and actor Park Hyung-sik of the boy band ZE:A has also been cast as a junior lawyer who works in Jang’s firm. The series is expected to premiere in the first half of next year.

September 22, 2017

Jang Dong-gun cast for Korean remake of U.S. series 'Suits'

SEOUL, Sept. 22 (Yonhap) -- Actor Jang Dong-gun will return to the small screen after six years with the Korean remake on KBS 2TV of the popular American TV series "Suits," the network said Friday.

Jang will play charismatic lawyer Choi Kyung-seo, who works at the country's best law firm in the Korean version of the legal drama.

The actor last appeared on TV in 2012 in the 20-episode "A Gentleman's Dignity" on SBS.

The American series premiered in June 2011 on the cable network USA and is in its seventh season at the moment. It is being remade overseas for the first time in Korea.

Along with Jang, actor and singer Park Hyung-sik, a member of boy group ZE:A, has been cast as Koh Yeon-woo, a junior lawyer who works with Choi.

The Korean version is slated for broadcast sometime in the first half of next year.

The photos provided by S.M. Culture & Contents and United Artist Agency (UAA) are of actors Jang Dong-gun (L) and Park Hyung-sik (R). (Yonhap)

The photos provided by S.M. Culture & Contents and United Artist Agency (UAA) are of actors Jang Dong-gun (L) and Park Hyung-sik (R). (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

On 9/22/2017 at 2:36 PM, xscalsve said:

Inviting other chingus : 

@estherlim @bohoxstitch @blueroses87

@penelop3 @blueroses @NhicarT @riuenu @desvlo @hmseen

@hmseen advance notice for oxygen tanks! :tongue:

kamsahapnida @xscalsve chingu-ya... yeay dedicated thread for Suits. I love love love the US Suits... and I followed all the seasons... and I am so looking forward to this... 

And looking forward how Jang Dong-gun  and Park Hyung Sik carry the roles of Harvey Specter and Mike Ross respectively...tough role and definitely will not escape comparisons with the US version... 

ok ok...I am placing advance orders of oxygen tanks stocks for my chingu-deul here... :tongue::tongue:

I see soooo many familiar 'faces' here and I know we gonna rock this thread again.. heheheheh

Archived