[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Random scene compilation from ep1~ ep10

In the last episode  it was proved that there is no immortal being when it comes to love, look at Song Oh Gong, he speaks hurtful words because of resentment in not suppressing him by Seon Mi. And maybe jealousy, (because he saw the first love guy), and also Ma Wang is in the same boat, because of his love for Na Chal Nyeo, he wants to become deity, to end her boundless suffering.

SOG and JSM’s fate started from freeing the great sage unintended, but their love story started from this kiss.

Edited by gf sherry
Re writing
  • Like 8

Episode 9 and 10 were about Seon Mi and Son Oh Gong finally figuring what is is they really want - no more excuses, no more hiding behind pride, complexes and doubts. SM got her wish and had a taste of a “normal” life and realized that it just might not be all that it’s cracked up to be.

KR29HBC.jpg

The realization that she might never see Oh Gong, that he might fall in love with someone else and that there are people who admire her because she has never been normal puts things into perspective for her. Her life might have been lonely and sometimes bleak but it wasn’t unhappy, she survived so much on her own, she achieved so much and now she even has friends who care about her and someone she loves. It might be complicated and messed up but every life is. It’s OK to doubt, to despair, to lose confidence in yourself but people fall so they can learn to pick themselves up. SM needed to lose the thing she thought she wanted to lose and realize that what she thought she wanted isn’t what she needs. She accepts herself the way she is and you can once again see the hope and determination she showed to OG in episode 2 when she stood up for herself and her life when he told her it wasn’t worth living.

p46f6b1.jpg

Seon Mi chooses her fate out of her free will, she chooses to be Sam Jang; she knows it’s dangerous just like her relationship with Oh Gong but that’s her choice.

Om2Q21X.jpg

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, briseis said:

Episode 9 and 10 were about Seon Mi and Son Oh Gong finally figuring what is is they really want - no more excuses, no more hiding behind pride, complexes and doubts. SM got her wish and had a taste of a “normal” life and realized that it just might not be all that it’s cracked up to be.

The realization that she might never see Oh Gong, that he might fall in love with someone else and that there are people who admire her because she has never been normal puts things into perspective for her. Her life might have been lonely and sometimes bleak but it wasn’t unhappy, she survived so much on her own, she achieved so much and now she even has friends who care about her and someone she loves. It might be complicated and messed up but every life is. It’s OK to doubt, to despair, to lose confidence in yourself but people fall so they can learn to pick themselves up. SM needed to lose the thing she thought she wanted to lose and realize that what she thought she wanted isn’t what she needs. She accepts herself the way she is and you can once again see the hope and determination she showed to OG in episode 2 when she stood up for herself and her life when he told her it wasn’t worth living.

Seon Mi chooses her fate out of her free will, she chooses to be Sam Jang; she knows it’s dangerous just like her relationship with Oh Gong but that’s her choice.

Yes @briseis! Totally agree with you..it's a journey of self-acceptance for both of them...

It was a time both of them made a decision to LOVE. Love makes one vulnerable,  Love makes one lose what they desire and place the other person first.. THIS decision can be only be made when you can accept who you truly are...

For SM this self-acceptance and the decision to love are important because we know OG is more than willing to plunge into this love relationship when she makes the decision... He has been throwing hints from episode 9 to 10....

• Like 8

@briseis @gf sherry both of you listed my fav scenes. How it all started and desperate OhGong was, to have SunMi cling onto him. But when she came out to bid goodbye he completely lost it. And SeungGi totally delivered the scene. Eyes lined in redness from holding back tears, staring into SunMi with so much pain and anger he is feeling.

I’m not sure if it was written into the script or Seung Gi’s own reactions but OhGong’s lips perched when SunMi gave him a kiss. Like subconsciously OhGong is accepting her kiss and sort of kissing her back. And OhGong has this perplexed look thereafter. I’m not sure he was perplexed on (a) why she kissed him or (b) why he actually kissed her back lol

• Like 12

In my opinion, the developements in episode 10 created better 'conditions' for their relationship.

Instead of having been forced to the fate of Samjang, Seon-Mi could actually choose whether she wanted to accept being Samjang or not. Now she can't blame OG as much as before for being SJ as she gave in herself. It's tragic and sweet how an ordinary life without OG was equally as hard for her to bear.

And OG was able to explore the depth of his feelings. Jin Seon-Mi basically forces him to empathise and make us of a high moral-compass, that might have been burried on purpose after having been betrayed by a human. I was in awe when in the earlier episodes he slammed the guy who was guilty of drunk-driving. 

This OTP makes me feel many emotions at once : when the Patriarch said that the GGG is supposed to hide their feelings and when one of the lyrics said how their first meeting was planned, I can't help but think that there is a bigger plot twist in store for us and it's making me furious how much of an object they have become in the big plan of the higher-ups (like the Patriarch who wants SJ to save the world) or how they are exposed to the greed of others (Mawangs desire to stack up deity points). Their feelings get toyed in the process and it hurts them which is really unfair.

But one thing gives me hope and assures me that they will be able to escape their situation : the fact that they are able to reconcile after every fight. Despite Mawang meddling into their business, they always find their way to eachother and despite OG uttering harsh truths that are hurtful to Seon-Mi, one sweet word of his is able to make up for ten harsh remarks he made before. At the end of the day they have a world of their own which is only accesible to the two of them (only Seon-Mi can own the GGG and OG will only go to Seon-Mi who can call him)

• Like 15

Regarding the scene where SunMi tells OhGong goodbye - at first I felt it was kind of useless, a repetition of the earlier scene, even though it was also OhGong giving her one last chance. But I think this was actually the same scene as before but in reverse. Earlier, OhGong let her go because he thinks it's what she wants even though he's desperately looking for any sign it is not what she wants so he can stay. He was motivated out of love for her, while also hurt that she didn't love him enough to want to keep him around, right? At the same time she was just hurt because she thinks he stopped loving her immediately and so she pretended she was glad to be rid of him.

But then at the office, the way he was having cups tipped over out of jealousy seemed to tell her that OhGong still cared, right?  So when SunMi realized he still likes her, she was able to get past her hurt and act out of her love for him. But it's her turn to sacrifice out of love, letting him be free since that's what she thinks he wants, while also hoping for any sign that he would rather stay with her.

They were stuck in a circle of noble idiocy.

Technically, I don't think the Guemganggo was ever deactivated. But everyone can see OhGong truly loves her because his actions exceed what the Guemganggo would force him to do. If it was just the Guemganggo, he'd hang onto her. The true love is what motivated him to let her go even though it hurt.  And because I don't think the Guemganggo was ever deactivated, it didn't need to be reactivated. So my favorite part about when SunMi kissed OhGong was that she was all "just to be careful we better" and he's all "look at her making up excuses to kiss me." lol 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyone know who the actor playing General Hwang as depicted in these pictures are?

If i’m not mistaken the actor was Shin Hyun joon. 

Btw, anybody wants to bet the reason why buja seemingly becomes like an obstructor for our couple? 

Who is in for a possessed by new demon ‘buja ? And Who is in for  a more evil zombie buja  due to smelling samjang’s blood  ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mazzi CB said:

I do not want to spoil them, but ...

Reveal hidden contents

Song Oh Gong don't have the GGG (?)

On 1/31/2018 at 11:43 AM, dubuqueen said:

Spoiler

I have a feeling that the GGG will be taken off in the next episode. Just a gut feeling.

-> which brings me back to this :D  I was not a clairvoyant, but maybe had good intuitions

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, dubuqueen said:

-> which brings me back to this :D  I was not a clairvoyant, but maybe had good intuitions

I think this pic is from the cut scene of the first family/friend/lover date JSM & SOG had on Christmas Eve. And that was before SM gave him GGG. It's a pity these couple of scenes were edited out in the end. I wish they'd at least upload them on the Hwayugi offical page for us to enjoy)

But maybe it'd be added to the DVD version later)

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

11 minutes ago, juju84 said:

I think this pic is from the cut scene of the first family/friend/lover date JSM & SOG had on Christmas Eve. And that was before SM gave him GGG. It's a pity these couple of scenes were edited out in the end. I wish they'd at least upload them on the Hwayugi offical page for us to enjoy)

What a pity! :( I was too quick in getting excited :bawling: Sorry :D 

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, juju84 said:

Ku'i <------- this means my heart is very break in small pieces (In Guarani) TT-TT 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, juju84 said:

I’m almost sure too, even the scene in which JSM was leaning on SOG’s shoulder wasn’t aired and this is honestly such a loss D:

Anyway tvN is so stingy with goodies, bts are so short and just a few and it’s Saturday by now and where’s my spoilerish, swoony cut for Episode 11? I grew accustomed at getting HD pics of OTP kissing by this hour.. hurry up tvN, I’m waiting for you~

Ok, I know we’ll probably just get angsty pics this time, pics that will haunt this shipper’s heart, even so, I still wanna get some spoilers, the wait is just too long!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

13 minutes ago, briseis said:

Oh Gong with the death bell in new stills from episode 11

source: newsen

Wonder what he is thinking??? Please don't let her go and protect her till the end like he promised SM. :dissapointed:

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images. Thanks.
  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

Oh Gong and Sunmi.. i hope you two will stop with this noble idiocy. You need to be together to fight  this disaster and damn fate. 

Oh and make sure your GGG is  not deactivated too. So make sure to do activation ritual  daily -_-:tongue:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, Mazzi CB said:

I do not want to spoil them, but ...

Reveal hidden contents

Song Oh Gong don't have the GGG (?)

It was delete scene from ep 2, this scene was exist in ep 2 preview but got deleted in the episode itself. That is why we only got just one scene of couple dating of JSM and SOG in ep 2

1 hour ago, lovcom00 said:

Anyway tvN is so stingy with goodies, bts are so short and just a few and it’s Saturday by now and where’s my spoilerish, swoony cut for Episode 11? I grew accustomed at getting HD pics of OTP kissing by this hour.. hurry up tvN, I’m waiting for you~

I do agree with you, tvN very stingy, the bts they share are short and not show how many times the casts took the scene (the NG scene), what they share mostly are what we seen in drama

• Like 6