Spoiler

4Ylj8H8.jpg

source: newsen

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, briseis said:

Oh Gong with the death bell in new stills from episode 11

source: newsen

Wonder what he is thinking??? Please don't let her go and protect her till the end like he promised SM. :dissapointed:

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images. Thanks.
  • Like 6
  • Sad 4

42 minutes ago, juju84 said:

I think this pic is from the cut scene of the first family/friend/lover date JSM & SOG had on Christmas Eve. And that was before SM gave him GGG. It's a pity these couple of scenes were edited out in the end. I wish they'd at least upload them on the Hwayugi offical page for us to enjoy)

But maybe it'd be added to the DVD version later)

Aww, I was getting excited that OG was going to serenade SM, and the bracelet will be taken off. Oh well. I guess I'll just wait for Saturday to see what really happens next in their relationship. :)

• Like 12

Oh, Good grief Oh Gong.  I know you are far from an idiot and goodness know you aren’t noble so don’t start that now !

• LOL 5

Oh Gong and Sunmi.. i hope you two will stop with this noble idiocy. You need to be together to fight  this disaster and damn fate. 

Oh and make sure your GGG is  not deactivated too. So make sure to do activation ritual  daily -_-:tongue:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, Mazzi CB said:

I do not want to spoil them, but ...

Reveal hidden contents

Song Oh Gong don't have the GGG (?)

It was delete scene from ep 2, this scene was exist in ep 2 preview but got deleted in the episode itself. That is why we only got just one scene of couple dating of JSM and SOG in ep 2

1 hour ago, lovcom00 said:

Anyway tvN is so stingy with goodies, bts are so short and just a few and it’s Saturday by now and where’s my spoilerish, swoony cut for Episode 11? I grew accustomed at getting HD pics of OTP kissing by this hour.. hurry up tvN, I’m waiting for you~

I do agree with you, tvN very stingy, the bts they share are short and not show how many times the casts took the scene (the NG scene), what they share mostly are what we seen in drama

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mazzi CB said:

Hide contents

I think others already answered that.. That's part of deleted scenes... That's include photo SOG and JSM in bar or pub and JSM lean her head on SOG's shoulder

2 hours ago, juju84 said:

I think this pic is from the cut scene of the first family/friend/lover date JSM & SOG had on Christmas Eve. And that was before SM gave him GGG. It's a pity these couple of scenes were edited out in the end. I wish they'd at least upload them on the Hwayugi offical page for us to enjoy)

But maybe it'd be added to the DVD version later)

I hope we can get the complete one on DVD version later, definitely I will buy that if they give the deleted scene and longer kiss scene... Wkwkwkwkwkwkwk....

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Thoughts on Episode 9 and 10...

I love this show but goodness gracious me... that was almost 3 hours of sheer agony watching these two ridiculously recalcitrant individuals drive me completely up the wall with their denials, lies, lashing out and absurd noble idiocy. Still, I've got to say though... the payoff at the end... more or less made up for it. :DIt was thankfully the perfect antidote to being driven absolutely insane by two people who were either too scared or too proud to be honest with their feelings. There were too many times I wanted to throttle SM during the two episodes. Luckily I was saved from being a murderer by the big thick glass on my television screen.

Does this mean now that Seon Mi will just get on with things, embrace this uncertainty wholeheartedly and stop obsessing with perfection and the "match made in heaven" rubbish and just roll with it? I sure hope so. After that kiss, she'd better because after putting herself and everyone else through the ringer I will start throwing molotov cocktails at my tv if things don't progress to the next level with those two. 

All the ranting and raving aside, I've been on record for some time saying that whatever feelings that may have been triggered because of the magic bracelet, it doesn't make them any less genuine or worthy of having. People fall in love in different ways, for different reasons under various circumstances. There's no one way people fall in love and there's certainly no perfect way. Some fall in love at first sight, some fall in love after a long time friendship, some through working together etc. And despite the snark, I do get it. The show wants SM to be free to choose to be Samjung and all that it entails, not to be purely at the mercy of the whims of monsters, demons and other supernatural beings. Once she's able to take that step and embrace her inner Samjung, she is free to love OG without placing on him and herself these unrealistic conditions/strictures. 

"It's annoying when you act like you don't care." Oh purleeeese, SOG... you're just as bad. Or worse. But there's no denying LSG's acting right on the money when he dips his eyes secretly pleased and a flicker of suppressed smile passes his lips. It's my favourite look of his :wub: Anyway, it's terrific to see that Monkey is finally growing up and wanting the best for SM even if she doesn't actually really know what she wants. He is changing and becoming less self-centred although he should tone down the bluster. Yeah, I know... baby steps, baby steps.  :wink:

Thank you Piggy... thank you for helping shake things up. If you hadn't tried to feed SM to the rotting zombie.. things might be quite different. :wink: It occurred to me that I haven't seen him use his powers much. And is Richie really only a sister to him? Hmmmm... 

See, this is why I like Jonathan. He's such a breath of fresh air to all the push-pull. He was the first human being to ever embrace SM's oddity and special ability, to see the bright side of it. Maybe this should be a cause for suspicion but for me, at least right now, I don't see any need to be and it's my fervent hope that it stays that way.

The other thing I enjoy about this show is the way it incorporates the fantastical elements in an east meets west sort of way. Last week we had the Little Mermaid, this week we had The Little Match Girl, Hansel and Gretel and Peter Pan. (I'm not familiar with the Golden Rope story) What I especially liked about this week's evil spirit of the moment was how the bookseller saw herself as saviour figure to miserable children and those beloved children stories were the means of her entrapment. Also equally fascinating, and something I related to personally, is the notion of books but fairy tales in particular as pure escapism. We often use the expression that books (and dramas) provide a means of escaping the harsh realities of life. Well, in this episode all of that is turned on its head and is deployed to depict a state of being with potential dangers. Being in one's own world can trigger one's creativity but it can also lead to delusionary behaviour.

In light of that, this is the first time I think I actually liked Han Ju and saw the sense of his being around. He was there to mediate those two worlds. The harsh world of human reality where human beings don't always do the right thing by one another contrasted with the world where supernatural confrontations occur parallel to the visible plain. 

Fairy tales (and nursery rhymes) have their origins in folktales which were most likely told as a way of concealing harsh realities and helping those who live through them find relief from it. Escapist literature though they might be, people must've gained some comfort in the telling and retelling of them.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mazzi CB said:

Hide contents

Its a DATE!!!:wub:

about the bracelet, I’m not sure too, that particular photo is a bit blurry.

On the other note its his body caught my eyes :tongue: this is the first time that Lee Seung Gi wore a single layer, revealing his fit body. 

• Like 2

Ugh, I feel like it's too early for noble idiocy in the series. I know Hong Sisters really love to throw the "noble idiot" arc in their shows but isn't it too early? Like, unless they plan on clearing everything up sooner rather than later, then I'm not down with what might be to come. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, VanillaSalt said:

Ugh, I feel like it's too early for noble idiocy in the series. I know Hong Sisters really love to throw the "noble idiot" arc in their shows but isn't it too early? Like, unless they plan on clearing everything up sooner rather than later, then I'm not down with what might be to come. 

How can they work together to save the world if there's noble idiocy?

i hope they will fight together

their push and pull is more than enough

• Like 4

More thoughts...

While the geumgang-duvelackey may have kicked start the romance in an apparently inauspicious manner, by forcing Monkey into a place where he was compelled to put SM's interests and welfare above his own, it was always the journey to where they both are right now after Episode 10 that mattered most. All the mistrust and confusion was compounded by mischief, ignorance and fear... which they had to overcome (apparently) in order to reach the level of certainty they both now enjoy. More than the romance, a necessary end-of-the-world partnership was stake. Imagine trying to push two people together to collaborate without the trust and the willingness to put themselves out for one another. SM lacked trust, OG wasn't willing.

At the end of the day, the show tells us it's all about choice... the freedom to exercise that choice to do the hard thing, to live with a certain measure of uncertainty. I suppose SM never really felt that she had the choice when she was first saddled with ghost-seeing ability and then given the mantle of Samjung. After having a taste of ordinariness and the frustration attached to not being able to help when she'd become accustomed to it, SM realises her calling as a "ghostbuster" :wink: and willingly embraces...  her inner lonely child... to fulfill her potential as a ghostbuster. 

After all the push and pull with the ensuing confusion as well as mayhem, the end of Episode 10 signals the start of SM and OG choosing to have this relationship on their own (outside of the magic bracelet, outside of Heaven's interference and outside of MW's machinations). He has freely chosen her as his "owner", she has chosen him as her all-encompassing protector. He's made the choice to be tethered to her (which is undoubtedly a really big deal for the freedom-loving Great Sage) and she's chosen to trust him with not just her life but her heart.

The freedom to choose transcends the power of the geumganggo

• Like 10

page 101 good job guys . thumbs up .  i come here everyday to post somthinb but get too immeresed in reading posts . today is hwayugi day and time is crawling . i hope the preview is misleading or some of them are from ep 12 . we need 503 to be love love for all the pain they went through and before doom and gloom kick in . 

i guess if grim reaper is dropping in to warn oh gong about the deathbell who is an imortal afte erasing his name in the book of death . does it mean with the death bell his name is back in. i hope oh gong spitting blood is just a future vision . i can’t with seunggi’s teary eyes and bloody mouth will bee too much too soon .

i hope buja turininb evil and hitting on oh gong will be done with in 1-2 eps . i love oh gong and buja’s sibling like relationship and buja and sunmi didn’t even get a chance to bond . 

mawangs love has been hinted and dragged on long enough. it’s time to know what really happnd with princess ironfan . 

i wish episodes ara back to 90 mnts . more to watch and better for ratings too

• Like 10

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for the info. The instagram I translated makes a lot more sense now knowing that Shin Hyun Joon played a malevolent general in a movie called The Ginko Bed.  I've edited my post with the translations to reflect this info.

Oh, this is going to be good! I can't wait.

Hide contents

I hope this is what he sings. Of course, this song has already been in a meta joke in this drama with MW parodying it. :)

OMG!! I had no idea he sang this! Okay he's gotten about 5 times hotter than he already is to me :D

On a separate note, while I'm waiting for next episodes, I'm watching Cha Seung Won in Greatest Love again - omg I forgot how funny it was. I love him in it too.

Makes me want to give My Girlfriend is a Gu Mi Ho a second chance now that LSG's hotness has come out for me in this kdrama...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, crispachu said:

On a separate note, while I'm waiting for next episodes, I'm watching Cha Seung Won in Greatest Love again - omg I forgot how funny it was. I love him in it too.

Did you get to LSG's cameo in that drama? He's hilarious in it. That's why when OG was mimicking MW with his "You Pass" catchphrase, it cracked me up so much because it reminded me of LSG's character mimicking CSW's character in Greatest Love. :) 

1 hour ago, cleoLsg said:

mawangs love has been hinted and dragged on long enough. it’s time to know what really happnd with princess ironfan . 

That's true. It's time to know a bit more of MW and Princess Iron Fan's back story here in this drama. Since this drama is derivative from the source material, and takes liberal license with it, I don't even know what to think about what could have happened. Plus, my understanding is that the Bull Demon King is actually not as major a character in the original source as he is here. However, I'm not sure that we're going to get a lot more since they haven't done much origin stories for any of the characters.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The other thing I enjoy about this show is the way it incorporates the fantastical elements in an east meets west sort of way. Last week we had the Little Mermaid, this week we had The Little Match Girl, Hansel and Gretel and Peter Pan. (I'm not familiar with the Golden Rope story)

Golden rope is korean tale.. hv heard a few times on variety show.. 1n2d also featured it..kim junho explained it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Hwayugi” Hints At Turbulence Ahead In Lee Seung Gi And Oh Yeon Seo’s Love Story

It looks as though there may be trouble in paradise for Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo on the next episode of “Hwayugi.”

Spoiler

On the previous episode of the tvN drama, Son Oh Gong (played by Lee Seung Gi) and Jin Sun Mi (played by Oh Yeon Seo) finally confessed their feelings for one another and shared a romantic kiss.

However, Jin Sun Mi had already learned that she and Son Oh Gong face a tragic fate—according to the black bell of death, one of them is destined to die at the hands of the other.

Newly released stills from “Hwayugi” tease the possibility that Son Oh Gong may also discover their unhappy fate in the next episode of the drama. The photos show Lee Seung Gi wearing a serious expression as he gazes broodingly at the bell of death in his hand.

Lee-Seung-Gi-2.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/02/hwayugi-hints-turbulence-ahead-lee-seung-gi-oh-yeon-seos-love-story/

• Like 4
  • Sad 1