[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

29 minutes ago, yanlit_stv said:

I wish that buja as an evil will be solved tomorrow.. refer back to the trans preview *thanks to @stroppyse :wub:
OG: When you’re pretty, I will make sure to burn you

SOG, by his own way of thinking, will realize that buja now is an evil and look for a way to help buja escaped from the coffin.

I feel that the biggest evil is the president candidate, since he is as a leader cannot have an evil side inside him. Literally, it will be the end of the world if such a leader exist.

Alsoo.

BJ: He’s hurt because of unnie, isn’t he? Because unnie called him? :heart:

Im wondering to how JSM reacts to Buja confrontation, taking off GGG it may be a choice. But what if SOG has realized all of these evil acts. 

OMO !!! 

Such a really great insight from you! 

I hope tomorrow OG will find the quickest way to  get the real buja out of the coffin..

i didnt like if buja to be a love obstacle between our couple although she is the real buja we used to know..because for me i feel slightly cringed  to see “daughter buja” seduces her own father and creates misunderstanding between samjang (who is her “mother”) and other people who cares about her presence.

I bet SJ will have a huuuge burden tomorrow after her confrontation with evil buja who tries to make our couple separated. SJ will distance herself from OG, perhaps ?

My other question is  what about PK’s  reaction? Will he recognise tomorrow that evil buja is not the  usual buja he adores? 

I mean..i hope they recognised right away just like when octopus prince went into Alice’s body..come on they are all demons and have powers, right? 

Hope that if everyone including MW fall to evil buja’s trick, OG will still be sane enough to get rid of this evil buja and save the day. 

No noble idiocy pleaseeeee. If there is, end it tomorrow as well. Pray pray pray

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anna Tan said:

@mufalo at first i was really upset that she is like killing him... But upon reflection... I think she is doing him a huge favour..she is saving him... If he had killed those two men who are actually just paid to bury BJ, then he would have incur the wrath of the Gods again... Remember this scene in episode 1 

He has to do good work by not harming humans... SM is there to help him... I think @bebebisous33 mentioned in one of the post thay SoG has to learn to be a good diety who does not act on impulse....  SM is helping him do that...

If he can't recognise the good intentions of SM, then he is not worthy of her... So i m hoping he will not be swayed or frightened of SM...

I am now at peace... 

Yes, SJ/SM's reaction was legitimate and correct. If she hadn't stopped him, OG would have sinned again. But fact is that loving someone signifies too that the loved one will hurt you... love is not always rosy. Now, OG knows that in love there is no guarantee for no pain.

To me, SJ is there to help OG to become a better god so that he can go back to Heaven. I would like to remind people that PK reacted in a similar way last week. Out of selfish reasons, he was willing to hurt a human. All these supernatural creatures like MW, OG and PK have something in common: they are quite selfish and act on impulse. Let us not forget that because MW left SJ in the movie in order to find his loved one, he risked SJ's life which had for a result: OG destroying this world in order to save SJ.

In other words, all these gods need to learn to be less selfish and emotional hence they are living among the humans. Sure, MW has started changing too... we could see the changes, when he met the demon capturing children souls. SJ has always protected the humans from the demons (ghosts aso) and her task has not changed at all. It is just that now OG is by her side and needs to be reminded of his duties. 

@stroppyse @larus @40somethingahjumma 

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, haymochi said:

OG can't kill Sunmi if there is GGG, but what if she took it off?

How did  Buja get revived again ? Maybe Sunmi gave her blood again? Gosh

But Buja didn't die because of the fall. She was severely smashed but still alive 'cause she can't die on her own. She is zombie after all and something like this can't kill her. I think the evil spirit from the coffin will posses her while OG and SM are on the roof.

Btw, I absolutely love how OG  hugged SM sheltering her from this gruesome view. He knows how much it would hurt her and he cares so much.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

But Buja didn't die because of the fall. She was severely smashed but still alive 'cause she can't die on her own. She is zombie after all and something like this can't kill her. I think the evil spirit from the coffin will posses her while OG and SM are on the roof.

Btw, I absolutely love how OG  hugged SM sheltering her from this gruesome view. He knows how much it would hurt her and he cares so much.

Ah you are right .. viewers are forgetting that Buja already died and can only be destroyed by burning her hmmm..

i was carried away because i keep reading knetz ranting Buja died haha

I hope fans stop blaming Samajng for OG getting hurt though.  Some called her stupid for stopping OG in killing the two hitmen.

I mean yes, i want OG to kill those  j*rks too.  Yes, OG was so cool with his eyes like that.. but the consequences of OG killing humans will be too big. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

OMO !!! 

Such a really great insight from you! 

I hope tomorrow OG will find the quickest way to  get the real buja out of the coffin..

i didnt like if buja to be a love obstacle between our couple although she is the real buja we used to know..because for me i feel slightly cringed  to see “daughter buja” seduces her own father and creates misunderstanding between samjang (who is her “mother”) and other people who cares about her presence.

I bet SJ will have a huuuge burden tomorrow after her confrontation with evil buja who tries to make our couple separated. SJ will distance herself from OG, perhaps ?

My other question is  what about PK’s  reaction? Will he recognise tomorrow that evil buja is not the  usual buja he adores? 

I mean..i hope they recognised right away just like when octopus prince went into Alice’s body..come on they are all demons and have powers, right? 

Hope that if everyone including MW fall to evil buja’s trick, OG will still be sane enough to get rid of this evil buja and save the day. 

No noble idiocy pleaseeeee. If there is, end it tomorrow as well. Pray pray pray

As a father, SOG should have feel cringe already tomorrow :lol: 

Again, with their separation??? It'll break our heart... it's only half way of the drama, if it's truly 20eps, but the angst is already too much.. the noble idiocy here can't be handled :bawling:

But for who will be this noble idiocy mean for SOG/JSM, in what way, today episode come faster lets end this angst 

About PK i dont have yet the slighest clue, too much concentrate on our OTP :tongue:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Ah tou are right .. viewers are forgetting that Buja already died and can only be destroyed by burning her hmmm..

i was carried away because i keep reading knetz ranting Buja died haha

I hope fans stop blaming Samajng for OG getting hurt though.  Some called her stupid for stopping OG in killing the two hitmen.

I mean yes, i want OG to kill those  j*rks too.  Yes, OG was so cool with his eyes like that.. but the consequences of OG killing humans will be too big. 

You are right. In fact SM saved OG by stopping him. I don't believe she was worrying about the safety of those two men or *took their side* 'cause they are human beings. At that moment the only think she was worried about was OG. She knows it's a crime to kill humans for someone like him. And she didn't want OG to sully his hands on the likes of them. Buja would be feeling even more miserable if he gets in trouble because of her.

So I don't blame SM one bit.  She did what was right and she protected the one she loves.

Honestly I can't say which one of them I felt more sorry for at that moment. OG who looked so hurt and shocked or SM who saw that look in his eyes, the one that said she betrayed him.

• Like 6

Honestly, all the foreshadowing through different literature is just so sad ;-;.

They're all hinting at OG leaving SM. 

1. In Peter Pan, Peter had to leave Wendy for her to have a normal life.

2. The myth of Orpehus and Eurydice is tragic, in that Eurydice is killed and when Orpheus brings her back to the living world, he can't look back at her until they both reach the Upper World.

AKSKDJSKKSSK

But is it just me or when love stories are tragic, the romance seems more intense, as in the characters seem to love each other more than if it were a happy story?

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

Just now, Wendy Wang said:

But is it just me or when love stories are tragic, the romance seems more intense, as in the characters seem to love each other more than if it were a happy story.

No, you're definitely not alone. In our culture, the legends of star crossed lovers like Leyla ile Mecun (which is the Turkish version of Romeo and Juliet 'basically') are far more popular and memorable and there is even an instrument that is also known as the companion of heartbroken people which is called 'Saz'. 

Sorry for going off topic.

Other than that, I feel like their story will leave a deep impression on us like you said. Someone here said that the show is basically peeling off more and more layers and revealing its complexity episode by episode. I couldn't agree more.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, haymochi said:

The undpredictableness is so real in this drama. 

Some of us guessed OG was hugging SM to protect her from the grim reaper.

Who would have thought it would be Buja's bloody corpse? :bawling:

You're totally right. I don't even complain for other drama if they give me unpredictable scenese, since I can overcome it. Increadible for Hong Sisters' Hwayugi... I felt in love with their work once agian :wub:

The Preview is alwaya misleading us. I even guess that SOG being attacked by evil spirit, but it turns out, that makes it completely shocking, SOG the one who wants to attack humans who kill Buja again :astonished:

For the latest preview, we can see that evil Buja wants to turn SOG and MW into evil. But there is also scene where MW Sec Ma walk in a room with a coffin... and it's "probably" the evil who attacks Buja. Hope MW can team up with SOG to release Buja from the evilness.. since Buja has not yet been burned :cry:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, dubuqueen said:

No, you're definitely not alone. In our culture, the legends of star crossed lovers like Leyla ile Mecun (which is the Turkish version of Romeo and Juliet 'basically') are far more popular and memorable and there is even an instrument that is also known as the companion of heartbroken people which is called 'Saz'. 

Other than that, I feel like their story will leave a deep impression on us like you said. Someone here said that the show is basically peeling off more and more layers and revealing its complexity episode by episode. I couldn't agree more.

hahaa that was nice to know

and I said that as well hhhh

This drama is going to be the death of me...

I know I say that about every drama I watch that I like but seriously I feel like I have the geumganggo around my heart... What is this?? Oh, it must be because I love the drama. Love, love, love, the drama so much it physically hurts. I hurt when I think about the pain that I'm going to have to go through because of our star-crossed lovers. And the pain when the drama ends :(

Someone help take this geumganggo off!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dubuqueen said:

Sorry to ask it here when it's off topic but in he story you mentioned, the original characters are Arabs and the poems are in Persian from nezami .right? Or I mistook it with another story? I ask it since I'm interested in that culture .

And i also agree the more heartbreaking a love story is it will be more memorable and beautiful at the end.

8 minutes ago, astrobooy said:

Ratings

#1 Hwayugi 5.705% (nationwide), 5.702 (Seoul)

Btw for the one asking if SOG can kill SM when u remove the ggg. Its not possible bcos the one protecting SM is not ggg but their contract from 25yrs ago . 

Hmm but just take off the GGG .I thought it doesn't mean anything anymore since ep 10 cos both of them willingly want to be with each other. OG himself wants SM to be his sole owner...it's more like a symbol of their love.

But now it's more dangerous than it seems. Never know that it could hurt OG if physically like that..

The promise that   Sunmi made about stabbing her heart might come into play later on. She might makes OG kill her because she can't bare hurting him.

about the rating, surprised...

cos i thought it would be quite low because two hit dramas are ending this week and Misty is doing veey well too

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Hmm but just take off the GGG .I thought it doesn't mean anything anymore since ep 10 cos both of them willingly want to be with each other. OG himself wants SM to be his sole owner...it's more like a symbol of their love.

But now it's more dangerous than it seems. Never know that it could hurt OG if physically like that..

The promise that   Sunmi made about stabbing her heart might come into play later on. She might makes OG kill her because she can't bare hurting him.

about the rating, surprised...

cos i thought it would be quite low because two hit dramas are ending this week and Misty is doing veey well too

22 minutes ago, astrobooy said:

Ratings

#1 Hwayugi 5.705% (nationwide), 5.702 (Seoul)

Btw for the one asking if SOG can kill SM when u remove the ggg. Its not possible bcos the one protecting SM is not ggg but their contract from 25yrs ago . 

you need to compare the rating to last weeks episode for some reason the Saturday episodes are lower than the Sunday episode.

last week it got 5.054% and 5.539% i think tomorrow it will hit 7%+ 

• Like 4