[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

OST Part 6 sung by Ben will be released on February 3 - it's the unreleased OST which played during the death bell scene and Ma Wang's moment with his lover in the Occupation Era

According to the article, the song describes SM's and OG's heartbreaking love and sad love story :unsure:

a5tbgnu.jpg

source: newsen

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 4

Episode 9 and episode 10 are two halves of one whole - episode 9 is about Oh Gong asking the questions which matter and episode 10 is about Seon Mi giving him her answer and also figuring it for herself.

The first episode gives Seon Mi the taste of everything she never had and always wanted (in that way it’s similar to her date with OG in episode 3) and to Oh Gong it gives a taste of what he wants to have with her (he is at point where just watching her eat gives him happiness) - a wedding, children, a date, holding hands … - it gives them a semblance of normalcy but the truth is that they can never be normal. Because while SM might become ordinary someday, it’s something Oh Gong can never do, not only because he doesn’t want to as he tell Han Joo, but also because it’s something he shouldn’t want because it isn’t what he is - it would mean changing himself completely, his very nature, and what point does a love have when it can’t accept you the way you are? The Little Mermaid’s biggest mistake was that she thought that by changing herself she could make a human love her. Is Oh Gong’s very nature the reason why he can’t make SM ever happy, as HJ suggests?

pLlIwTB.jpg

So when after their “ordinary” date, Oh Gong asks SM what he is to her, it means that he can be whatever she wants him to be to her - a family, a friend or a lover - but he won’t ever be a ordinary? His question is: Am I good enough for you? Would you accept me the way I am? Unnormal? Am I what you want from life? It isn’t what Oh Gong says literally but rather how I interpret his words based on his conversation with Han Joo about normalcy and the one he had with Ma Wang about how Seon Mi wants to be normal and have the normal things. Those conversations really weigh on him because while OG can stay with Seon Mi if she becomes normal because it’s something he wants do and he even acknowledges he wants it; however, the question for him is whether it’s also what SM wants since she desires normal life so much and OG can never be normal as his very nature is not normal. Do you want a demon as your lover, your friend, your family? Would you want to stay with me if you wouldn’t need my protection? Am I more to you than a bodyguard and a shield against monsters? Can you fall in love with a monster like me when I’m one of them - a monster who wanted to eat you? That’s what he is asking.

Episode 9 is really the moment when we get to see OG struggle with his won insecurities and to be openly emotionally vulnerable in front of other people.

salyFvL.jpg

I find OG’s conversation with Han Joo incredible sad and tragic because in that moment he, the Great Sage Equal to Heaven, gets hurt by a mere human. It’s poetic, really, that his weakness is his heart. How the mighty have fallen. 

On a different note, the fact that OG literally tells SM that if he were her lover he would in fact be pinning her to the wall/bed and have his way with her! Hong Sisters never do bed scenes but I really, really wish they make an exception this time.

gmwKVjZ.jpg

• Like 21

About no bed scene. The Hong Sisters have never written quite such an mature dark humored  drama with such 3 dimensional characters either and also in the 3 years since their last drama discrete bed scenes have become fairly common. 

If they don’t try one in this  drama the sisters never will IMO.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

6 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Goblin VS Monkey King who wins ? LOL

Song Seung Hoon AKA Sexy Black can come by to take me any old time :wub:

Pffttr i can imagine them in a scene together. Monkey will annoy Goblin so much and Eun tak will annoy Sunmi lol...

I woke up thinking today is Friday.. uugh the torture

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

5 Things We Loved And 3 Things We Hated About “Hwayugi” Episodes 9 And 10

Oh-Yeon-Seo-Lee-Seung-Gi-1-e151731564668
It’s the halfway point for tvN’s “Hwayugi,” and the drama took a more serious turn this week, upping the stakes and leading us on a roller coaster ride of emotions. Characters grew, relationships changed, and feelings were confronted — so let’s sink our teeth into what we loved and hated about Episodes 9 and 10!

1. Loved: Oh Gong vs. children

Just because you’re a centuries-old divine being doesn’t mean you have nothing new to learn. Son Oh Gong (Lee Seung Gi) certainly learned a lesson in babysitting this week: dinosaurs are always the answer.

Lee-Seung-Gi3-e1517319914636.jpg

2. Hated: keeping Sun Mi in the dark

Can someone please tell Sun Mi (Oh Yeon Seo) that the black bell doesn’t mean what she thinks it means?

Oh-Yeon-Seo3-e1517321431440.jpg

read more https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/31/5-things-loved-3-things-hated-hwayugi-episodes-9-10/

Watch: Cast Of “Hwayugi” Show Their Loveable Chemistry Behind The Scenes

vN’s weekend drama “Hwayugi” released behind-the-scenes footage of the actors demonstrating their chemistry with one another.

In the beginning of the video, FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki is seen caressing Lee Se Young’s hair. Once the director calls “cut,” they smile at the making film camera and wave in a friendly manner.

While preparing to film the next scene, Lee Hong Ki teasingly pushes the tumbler that Lee El is drinking from. Lee El motions for him as she jokingly commands, “Come here,” causing Lee Hong Ki and Bora to burst into laughter. Once filming starts though, they lose all their smiles and immerse into their roles.

Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won film their scene next, and when the camera stops rolling, Cha Seung Won wipes his tears away as he says with laughter, “I actually cried.” Lee Seung Gi comments, “That’s how I’m going to make you emotional,” and Cha Seung Won heartily agrees, “You do that.” The filming continues, and the two brilliant actors act humorously with their hilarious ad-libs.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/31/watch-cast-hwayugi-show-loveable-chemistry-behind-scenes/

• Like 6

I'd also like a wall/bed scene with Oh Gong and Sun Mi :wub::wub::wub:

Who knows, maybe they'll do it since this is airing on cable tv and they're usually more generous with the kisses and bed scenes. Depend on if the Hong sisters want to write one in. **Fingers crossed**

• Like 7

3 hours ago, RobinM said:

But Eun Tak is a sweetie. They will bond over never having friends, horrid families , Unusual/ dangerous new friends and being in Impossible relationships:)

Oh right  Euntak is a sweetie and Sunmi will adore her.

Oh Gong will be super annoyed by her though haha . They will bicker childishly like no end

While Goblin and Sunmi will be super awkward with each other. Then go on talking about the loneliness of life

• LOL 4

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't actually expect them to write one, but perhaps they could at least imply one???? I'll just be happy with another good kiss scene...or ten kiss scenes even. :D

Also, I did rather love watching OG interact with the children, both real and ghostly.

Please corrent me... the greatest love is CSW's drama right? Is there no bed scene there?

Spoiler

Kiss scene ep 11 - Recharge Kiss

Eventhough they cried but they also kissed... So heart touching....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, sadpluto said:

I'd also like a wall/bed scene with Oh Gong and Sun Mi :wub::wub::wub:

Who knows, maybe they'll do it since this is airing on cable tv and they're usually more generous with the kisses and bed scenes. Depend on if the Hong sisters want to write one in. **Fingers crossed**

Just sleeping in the same bed watching over each other falling asleep,. That's enough for me hahaha

• Like 4
  • LOL 4