[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

5 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

could understand what you mean.
But mental illness does not work like that.
The working of mental illness is not such a logical thing.

I can see this, true.

I also remember in EP13, from the KH and SH's dialogue, the writer tells us DH is sick.
What is that disease?

In my understanding, the answer to this is in Episode 6, when Dong Hoon had recently found out about YH's affair and had gotten a little sick (we see him at the pharmacy, then YH mentions he only stops drinking when he's sick). Then Ki Hoon in Ep 13 says that he's heard a lot of people who get sick from the heartache of being cheated on.

I remember in EP14 he is totally thinking about JA's leaving rather than his interview is good or not.

You're right, this is more on his mind at the Electrical Hazard scene than his interview.

I think there is no selective logic in this show.
After all, this show will keep the consistency of logic to make the audience interpret the story.

Completely agree with you. Although, I still wonder why a "Merry Christmas" display is still up in a window in one of the early scenes!

For this purpose, I even ask a counseling psychologist for this scene.

He agrees with me that DH thinks about dying at this moment.

Haha, that's great that you asked him! :)

Lee Sun-kyun is a very charming guy for me, after all.

Yes. I've been watching almost everything I have available to me of LSK movies and shows and he's such a gifted actor and a very funny guy in interviews.

You speak Chinese, right? Would you like to do us all a favor and give us some English-translation highlights from this interview of him? :lol:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV14Z4y1j7hm/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.6

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

Completely agree with you. Although, I still wonder why a "Merry Christmas" display is still up in a window in one of the early scenes!

I never notice that.
I need to re-watch and find it.

In my understanding, the answer to this is in Episode 6, when Dong Hoon had recently found out about YH's affair and had gotten a little sick (we see him at the pharmacy, then YH mentions he only stops drinking when he's sick). Then Ki Hoon in Ep 13 says that he's heard a lot of people who get sick from the heartache of being cheated on.

Yes, I remember that.
So I am curious about what that disease is.
Actually, the counseling psychologist I asked told me that DH might have depression or demoralization syndrome.
He said they are similar but still different.
If DH will recover when he leaves the situation, then he is a demoralization syndrome patient.
But if not, he is a depression patient.
It seems his disease is more like demoralization syndrome.
Because we all know he is happy in the end.

Haha, that's great that you asked him! :)

I am going to recommend My Mister to him in the next consultation. :thumbsup:

Yes. I've been watching almost everything I have available to me of LSK movies and shows and he's such a gifted actor and a very funny guy in interviews.

Oh yes! 
He is an excellent actor.
I love his acting, his voice, and his humor.
His variety show Trans-Siberian Pathfinders is also very nice.

Love it.

You speak Chinese, right? Would you like to do us all a favor and give us some English-translation highlights from this interview of him? :lol:

Sure.
Please wait for me for some days.

But his interview may make you frustrated.
His interview does not tend to romance.
The standpoint of this interview is the same in the early press conference. 

By the way, my English is not very well, and I hope that's not the problem.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, YukawaCattle said:

But his interview may make you frustrated.
His interview does not tend to romance.
The standpoint of this interview is the same in the early press conference. 

:lol:

Maybe because it was just one month after the drama ended?

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/06/25/chae-dong-hyuns-assistant-manager-kim-insta-update-on-my-ahjussi/#more-1030

Perhaps they were still trying to keep things open-ended for the public.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

:lol:

Maybe because it was just one month after the drama ended?

Maybe.

This interview seems to be held during Parasite's shooting.
LSK said he was participating in another movie.

In my opinion, yes, the standpoint of the official were open-ended for the public.
So before I understand the lyrics of Forest, I always feel frustrated about the official standpoint.
Now I still try to avoid watching official things, even though I already understand the lyrics of Forest.
Because their standpoint always makes me feel JA is pitful.
If DH also loves her and is already divorced, JA and DH will be true love, soulmate, and the best couple in the world I have ever seen.
Why is official need so ambiguous.
So sad. :dissapointed_relieved:

(Thanks for the link.)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

If he is not thinking about dying, there will be other explanations to this scene.

Suppose he is not thinking about something here.
He just looks at these telephone poles unintentionally.
Then this picture couldn't show that DH is looking at JA's neck.

He just looks at JA unintentionally.

I viewed the scenes a few more times and here’s my take.

The first few moments of DH walking heavily through that street corner was of him sulking and when he paused, he was sadly remembering his moments with JA in that location. I believe in the past before he got to know JA, he would just walk past that street and not pay attention to the details around it. This time since he’s in deep thought, he walked slowly and probably noticed the electric hazard sign for the first time.

Since his job is into safety inspections, he saw that warning sign and traced if there are other hazardous poles. I’m sure this is a habit for him.

Again, as a safety inspection person, he’d be the first to heed that warning and stay away from the danger.

So when Ji An’s call came, look where he is standing:

niSRXUj.png

LzLbpkk.png

BDNo5jQ.png

He is standing right at the very danger zone! During the first ring of his phone, he still wasn't near the danger zone. But as he now answered the 2nd ring and heard JA's voice, he unconsciously walked into the danger zone. Again, it’s in his personality to be the first to heed that safety warning and stay away, but he didn’t. Why? Because that conversation with JA so engrossed his whole being that he totally forgot about the danger warnings.

Instead of the camera just panning to the electric poles earlier, the show had to portray that DH himself glanced through them, to let us know he is aware where the danger zones are. And yet just moments later, he forgot about them.

I think that is the purpose of that whole sequence. He knew where the danger zones are, and yet stood on those areas because he was so engrossed when JA called. And since his job is into safety inspections, to ignore such safety warnings is so unlike him. 

12 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

the red one always represents intense emotion, and the blue one represents calm emotion.

Wonderful catch again on the red and blue color tones of the scenes! The way you get to find all these amazing symbols will put Stephan to shame. :blush:

20 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

The original TVN relationship chart for My Mister had a red line between Dong Hoon and Ji An, and between Do Joon Young and Yoon Hee. Then they revised it twice, finally landing on the chart on the right. In the upper left corner in the new poster, the red line meaning "affection" has also disappeared.

Thanks for posting that article! Yes I’ve read about these posters on the early part of this thread, but now the sequence of the changes were made clearer by that article. I thought there was just one revision, from having two red lines to none. I just found out from the article that there were two and the initial revision was just to remove the red line between DH and JA.

Well, we now know the love line wasn’t deleted, but was treated as a spoiler. Haha! :)

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Yes, I remember that.
So I am curious about what that disease is.

I think what Ki Hoon was thinking of was just plain heartbreak making people sick. Just like Yoon Hee felt sick after breaking up with Do Joon Young. If we're to take Yoon Hee at her word, she was prepared to divorce Dong Hoon to be with Do Joon Young. Of course, DJY tells her she would never do that...but I think she told herself she would.

1 hour ago, actionscript said:

Since his job is into safety inspections, he saw that warning sign and traced if there are other hazardous poles. I’m sure this is a habit for him.

Again, as a safety inspection person, he’d be the first to heed that warning and stay away from the danger.

Interesting! You're right, in context he's a safety inspection guy, so he could be looking around to see what the danger was. The weird thing is that this is such a familiar intersection to him, walking home from Jung Hee's.

1 hour ago, actionscript said:

Because that conversation with JA so engrossed his whole being that he totally forgot about the danger warnings.

Instead of the camera just panning to the electric poles earlier, the show had to portray that DH himself glanced through them, to let us know he is aware where the danger zones are. And yet just moments later, he forgot about them.

I think that is the purpose of that whole sequence. He knew where the danger zones are, and yet stood on those areas because he was so engrossed when JA called. And since his job is into safety inspections, to ignore such safety warnings is so unlike him. 

This would mirror his emotional disposition to Ji An, too, to be in "danger" and emotionally rely on her much more than he does with his own wife...to be in it before he realizes it, like Mr Darcy. He's become completely engrossed with Ji An, period, even though as a married man he knows not to get himself in danger. But by now he and Yoon Hee have had their big confrontation, they both know they're headed toward divorce eventually, and his heart has already gone toward JA.

You and @YukawaCattle have been bringing some good insights into this scene.

3 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

This interview seems to be held during Parasite's shooting.
LSK said he was participating in another movie.

I've read that he moved from My Mister straight into Parasite, so I think you're right. He was sad to let go of MM and Park Dong Hoon, then Parasite became even bigger than anyone expected.

His wife, Jeon Hye Jin, is currently starring in a drama called Uncle. Anyone else watching it? I'm really enjoying it. He has said that she is his favorite actress (awwwww) and she's doing a great job. Oh Jung Se, the actor who plays Moon Sang Tae in It's Okay to Not Be Okay, is the other lead. They play brother and sister.

~

The Merry Christmas display is in Episode 4 at the 1:10:50 mark after DH has confronted the condo villa owner:

spacer.png

When I first watched the show I thought it took place starting in December because of this window display. But we know that in Episode 1 he and his team are out on a building inspection on January 15. Must be a function of the filming actually taking place in Nov/ Dec. But it's still weird that it's in the show.

~

When anyone wants to engage with this thought :lol:....I realized today Yu Ra is never shown in her apartment EXCEPT for in her bedroom. If she is a spokesperson for JA and Ki Hoon is a mouthpiece for DH...it's very interesting that every time she's shown at her place, she's calling KH from her bedroom or having talks with him in her bedroom.

She first shows up in Episode 5 at the 15 minute mark, and there's a brief montage of how her apartment is a mess. Then there are a couple of scenes of her poking her head out of the door, in Episode 5 and then in Episode 8 where she asks for a hug. But otherwise you don't see any more of her apartment, you only see her bedroom through the show. Very intriguing.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2022 at 11:12 PM, the_sweetroad said:

When I first watched the show I thought it took place starting in December because of this window display. But we know that in Episode 1 he and his team are out on a building inspection on January 15. Must be a function of the filming actually taking place in Nov/ Dec. But it's still weird that it's in the show.

There are some places in the world that would have certain households take down their Christmas décors only after the Chinese lunar new year, which usually falls in late Jan or early Feb. So perhaps that is also the practice in some households in Korea, a place where modern western practices have blended with traditional eastern beliefs. So the PDnim perhaps didn’t find it unusual to keep that in the background. :lol:

When anyone wants to engage with this thought :lol:....I realized today Yu Ra is never shown in her apartment EXCEPT for in her bedroom. If she is a spokesperson for JA and Ki Hoon is a mouthpiece for DH...it's very interesting that every time she's shown at her place, she's calling KH from her bedroom or having talks with him in her bedroom.

My take is that it reflects JA’s condition as well. JA has enclosed her innermost self from the world, and that is reflected in the first few episodes where Yu Ra has also locked herself up in her apartment and would only poke her head out a little to interact with the outside world. The messy bedroom scene also reflects the internal state JA was in then.

Since the bedroom represents our most private and the innermost sanctum of our lives, the scenes of YR and KH talking in the bedroom represent how JA has opened up to DH and has allowed him access to her innermost self.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Love 1

On 1/7/2022 at 7:39 PM, YukawaCattle said:

In my opinion, yes, the standpoint of the official were open-ended for the public.
If DH also loves her and is already divorced, JA and DH will be true love, soulmate, and the best couple in the world I have ever seen.
Why is official need so ambiguous.
So sad. :dissapointed_relieved:

For me, the fact that the PDnim admitted they had to “self-censor” some scenes so as “not to cause more provocation,” makes me believe the show did intend to have a love line. Otherwise, if they intended it to be platonic from the very start, why react to the backlash and admit to self-censoring? The fact that they had to react and adjust some things meant admission of guilt, right? This is a fiction after all, so the fact that the love line did exist in the mind of the PDnim is enough for me, as he obviously planted enough clues, breadcrumbs, and symbols for viewers to uncover the end game he had in mind.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, actionscript said:

So perhaps that is also the practice in some households in Korea, a place where modern western practices have blended with traditional eastern beliefs. So the PDnim perhaps didn’t find it unusual to keep that in the background.

Ah, thanks for this. That makes sense!

10 hours ago, actionscript said:

My take is that it reflects JA’s condition as well. JA has enclosed her innermost self from the world, and that is reflected in the first few episodes where Yu Ra has also locked herself up in her apartment and would only poke her head out a little to interact with the outside world. The messy bedroom scene also reflects the internal state JA was in then.

Since the bedroom represents our most private and the innermost sanctum of our lives, the scenes of YR and KH talking in the bedroom represent how JA has opened up to DH and has allowed him access to her innermost self.

Perfect. This was the direction my thoughts were going but they never landed anywhere. This is very well articulated!

It's interesting, too, that during the time skip we get to see Ki Hoon processing his breakup with Yu Ra but we don't see Yu Ra until she shows up in the movie. This parallels seeing Dong Hoon during the time skip, when he's missing Ji An, but we don't see Ji An's perspective until right before they meet at the cafe.

8 hours ago, actionscript said:

For me, the fact that the PDnim admitted they had to “self-censor” some scenes so as “not to cause more provocation,”

I've heard this but I don't think I ever saw it for myself. Did he say this during the mid-season press conference? Or in an interview later? Can you link to the "proof" of this? I wanted to mention it recently :D but didn't know where to find it.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:29 AM, YukawaCattle said:

Oh yes! 
He is an excellent actor.
I love his acting, his voice, and his humor.
His variety show Trans-Siberian Pathfinders is also very nice.

Love it.

Did you know there is a dedicated Lee Sun Kyun thread on this forum? Here's the link so you can get there easily :lol:.

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

It's interesting, too, that during the time skip we get to see Ki Hoon processing his breakup with Yu Ra but we don't see Yu Ra until she shows up in the movie. This parallels seeing Dong Hoon during the time skip, when he's missing Ji An, but we don't see Ji An's perspective until right before they meet at the cafe.

Good points! Some other parallel elements I see in the time skip:

KH-YR breakup = JA moving to Busan

YR visiting Jung Hee’s bar = JA passing by Saman

YR = YR in movie = JA’s meta representation -- they are ready to “love more passionately,” so the ball really is on KH’s and DH’s court

KH’s action -- started to write a movie again

DH’s action -- left Saman, divorced wife

The three roadblocks for DH in pursuing JA has been his work relationship with JA, his marital status, and JA's vulnerable state. In the time skip, DH has left Saman and has divorced YH. JA has also grown into an empowered, independent woman. I've never seen a show remove all roadblocks to a possible outcome, yet didn't intend on delivering that outcome. :)

I've heard this but I don't think I ever saw it for myself. Did he say this during the mid-season press conference? Or in an interview later? Can you link to the "proof" of this? I wanted to mention it recently :D but didn't know where to find it.

I just recalled reading it on the early part of this thread.. I googled it now and saw this article. It seemed to be the mid-season press conference.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201804121409084994251_2

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, actionscript said:

YR = YR in movie = JA’s meta representation -- they are ready to “love more passionately,” so the ball really is on KH’s and DH’s court

Yesss! So good! And this brings up one more parallel - Ki Hoon going to watch Yu Ra's movie (keeping tabs on her career) and Dong Hoon talking to the Chairman about Ji An and keeping tabs on her. Ki Hoon is obviously still in love with Yu Ra while watching her in the movie, too.

One non-parallel that strikes me is that while Yu Ra is embarrassed by Ki Hoon's job as a cleaner, Ji An is never embarrassed by Dong Hoon. This is unlike Team Three, who are embarrassed by and for him. She's truly a champion for the underdog, and him being a bullied underdog elicits her protective responses instead of embarrassment.

Ji An does want Dong Hoon to reach his potential, though, and go for Managing Director, and Yu Ra also wants Ki Hoon to reach his potential and get back to directing. But Ki Hoon is happy cleaning and Yu Ra doesn't want him to be content with that.

39 minutes ago, actionscript said:

The three roadblocks for DH in pursuing JA has been his work relationship with JA, his marital status, and JA's vulnerable state. In the time skip, DH has left Saman and has divorced YH. JA has also grown into an empowered, independent woman. I've never seen a show remove all roadblocks to a possible outcome, yet didn't intend on delivering that outcome. 

Yes, the way the arc is presented here just makes so much sense. Grateful for you context people!!

• Like 3

Happy 2022 to all! I hope and pray that this will turn out to be a much better year for all of us. :issohappy:

I haven’t been to this forum in ages, but my love for My Ahjussi remains and it will always be my best KDrama ever.

I hope LSK and LJE work together again in another project that’s just as good, if not much better. :)

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

@the_sweetroad, I have finished the translation.
I hope you guys will understand my English, lol.
Also hope someone could correct the translation errors or correct my English.

By the way, question 31 hurts me a lot.  :skull:

I need to cure myself by this video https://bit.ly/3FsDTd7

=========

spacer.png

Hello, everyone. 
I'm Lee Sun-Kyun, the actor who plays Park Dong-hoon in "My Mister."

-

Q1: What was it like when you saw the script of "My Mister" for the first time?

When I first saw the script, I got the impression that I began to think about how to interpret Dong-hoon.
He was the role I had to play, after all.
So for my role, I began to think about how to interpret him.
And in all the works I have participated in, Lee Ji-an is a character I have never seen before. 
She is very special and very cool.
The scenes of the Park brothers are also very interesting.
These are very interesting and good, so I want to finish this work well.

-

Q2: What are the reasons or opportunities for choosing "My Mister"?

Director Kim Won-Seok must be the main reason.
I have always been a fan of Director Kim Won-Seok, and I always hoped that I could cooperate with him if I had a chance.
I like "Misaeng" very much.
That drama is really interesting. 
I probably know how it was filmed.
In my opinion, it is a very incredible drama.
Lee Sung-Min seonbae contacted me at that time, and I said I wanted to see the shooting site.
So I had the opportunity to meet the director.
Since then, I have always wanted to collaborate with the director.

-

Q3: This is the first work to cooperate with director Kim Won-Seok. What do you think?

I am really happy. 
"My Mister" is an excellent work that meets my expectations and even exceeds my expectations.
Several of us often say that the director is an excellent instructor.
He is good at listening and observing, and he knows how to balance.
He should be regarded as the best director or conductor for actors.
Without the director's help, it seems my understanding of Dong-hoon could not be able to be performed.

-

Q4: Have you made any special preparations for the role of Park Dong-hoon?

Faithful to the script.
"Why did he do this?"
I worked hard to interpret his logic.
The appearance is as ordinary as possible and a little bit bleak.
Try not to be so conspicuous, and the clothes and hairstyle look a little bitter.
I made some effort in these aspects.

-

Q5: To represent the role of Dong-hoon, what preparations did you make in the styling?

Generally, there are costume groups, props groups, and makeup groups for TV dramas.
The clothes were prepared by the stylists, but there will be some inconsistencies between groups.
For example, the stylists hope that the actors they are responsible for can look more beautiful. 
I set the overall feeling with groups during the pre-meeting, so clothes finally been changed to be more common styles.
The styles that look with a strong sense or handsome are not be adopted.
I want it as simple as possible and not as complicated as possible. 
In order to be more faithful to Dong-hoon's image, some efforts have been made in these aspects.

-

Q6: How do you understand Park Dong-hoon's emotions?

Dong-hoon's life burden is very heavy. 
He is not very good at expressing it, and he does not express it very much. 
The burden of life is very heavy. In addition, his wife has an affair, and there are many complicated relationships. 
How should I do to express his emotions?
After all, he is not a character with many emotional expressions.
But because we can see his situation in the drama, I try to be as lonely and solitary as possible. 
That is how I understand.

-

Q7: Park Dong-hoon has very few words. Wouldn't it be very suffocating when performing?

Of course, it was very suffocated. It was indeed very suffocated.
Why?
When I understood the role, I felt that Dong-hoon was from an engineering college and had a single son.
He has two brothers, or we say he and Jung-hee, Sung-hoon, Ki-hoon are four siblings.
Dong-hoon works from 9 am to 5 pm every day. He is a typical Ahjussi and an image of men.
I feel that he can still express himself when he is with his brothers and colleagues.
However, Dong-hoon was a less eloquent and quieter character in the director's imagination. 
So we had a lot of discussions about Dong-hoon in the early days.
Dong-hoon often only said short words, like "Thank you," "You're kind," and "You're brave."
But to incorporate emotions into such short words, I always feel "it shouldn't be like this" when I say them. 
After trying several times, I felt that these emotions were very sensitive. 
Because I had the director's help, I could capture this aspect smoothly.

-

Q8: After ending this work, are you the kind of person who will soon get out of the role?

The filming work of this drama is huge, and the pressure is not so small when shooting.
I have always worried a lot.
But I am still very relaxed mentally. 
I rely on the director when I perform, so I can quickly get out of the role and get a lot of suggestions.
"It's not a big deal" is the one I like very much, it is a great emotion. 
But after all, the shooting is over, and I have to get out of it. 
I am still participating in another movie, and I have to focus on that work.
It is still not easy to get out of that emotion during this interview today. But I still have to let it go.

-

Q9: You touch your forehead when Dong-hoon is embarrassed. Is this setting from the script or the character settings?

It's not a script setting or the character settings.
I had observed how I would behave when certain emotions arise, and actors will remember these things.
Because of the movie "A Hard Day," I won the award with Cho Jin-Woong and the director before. 
That award was unexpected, and I was panicked.
Thinking of that time, it seemed that the most action I did was this(touch forehead).
So when Dong-hoon becomes a managing director or encounters unexpected things, although this action should not be the final decision, I will do so when it is not easy to express.
Thus this action was being used.

-

Q10: Do you have similarities with Park Dong-hoon?

Similarities? 
Although I don't know what it would be like for others to play Park Dong-hoon, I'm here to play Dong-hoon, after all. 
Of course, there are similarities.
After all, the role of Park Dong-hoon is known by my performance, including the action (touching the forehead) just mentioned. Because I have such memories, I chose these performances.
But in terms of character, I am not as suffocated as Park Dong-hoon, nor as mature as him. 
If I encounter these things, I will express more.
The plot was really suffocated at the beginning, but later I felt that the role of Park Dong-hoon was hard to surpass, and he was an outstanding adult.
Because of Park Dong-hoon, I learned a lot, felt a lot, and reflected a lot.

-

Q11: After meeting Park Dong-hoon, did anything change your daily life or career as an actor?

First of all, it is not because of the role of Park Dong-hoon. 
It is a great gift for the actor to encounter such good work and complete it smoothly.
It is my pleasure to receive this gift.
Park Dong-hoon is far more mature and excellent than me.
Generally, I am more sensitive than usual during shooting and get irritable easily, which seems to be the case.
I usually suffer from insomnia during shooting because there are many things I need to do, I do become more sensitive.
But I remember it didn't happen this time.
Although I don't know if I was the only one thinking like this, compared with other dramas, this time I seemed to be calmer during acting.

-

Q12: What do you think is "make people to be human"?

This question is tough.
Although I don't know what "to be human" means, love, faith, it seems difficult to define them in one word.
"to be human," think about it carefully, stand in the relationship, and look back at yourself.
It contains the affection of trust, where you can also feel betrayal, hard work, and deviation. 
All of these are very human nature. 
After all, human is very disturbed.
Whether it is desire, love, or trust, it is very human to stand in various relationships and look back at yourself.

-

Q13: Many people want to be an adult like Park Dong-hoon. What do people around you think about it?

Thank you all for being able to like this character.
If this character is better than the previous characters, this is probably the power of the script and the director's guidance, which should account for 90%. Thank you all.
I am very happy that the men, classmates, peers, and elder brothers around me who don't watch TV drama in usual, feel the same way more than I imagine.
Does it seem like this drama could cure people's hearts?
Among the movies and TV dramas I participate in, this is the first time I received so much feedback from the men around me.
I feel very relieved and think, "Ah, this is the power of TV dramas."
I hope anyone who hasn't watched it could take a look.

-

Q14: I heard that you like to direct very much. Which instructions do you like at this time?

The idea of wanting to direct films has gradually disappeared recently.
Now I only want to act well.
I think it's too difficult to pick one out of the director's instructions.
I participated in every episode as an actor.
From the participants' perspective, I think there are many excellent scenes.
The picture that came out at the end was much better than what I had imagined, and I sighed every time I saw it.
This feeling will refresh every time. 
From the end of the tenth episode, it seems that 90% of my heart is full of happiness. 
This idea will be refreshed when episodes 11 and 12 come out next week.
That's why we had been shooting until episode 16.
After the final broadcast, we all watched episode 16.
But because we watched it together, I didn't watch it too carefully. I watched episode 16 carefully the next day.
Although there are many scenes, the overall setting of the funeral scene is perfect.
The scene when Dong-hoon became the managing director,  then Hugye Family had a party together, and the scene where I exchanged affections with Ji-an,  both of these scenes are fantastic.
However, the scene of so many people walking around and empathizing in the same space will give the audience a kind of pleasure.
The director did a great job here.

-

Q15: Are there any scenes or dialogues that bring comfort to you?

"It's not a big deal."
I feel this dialogue has great power.
After this TV drama ended, I was in a good mood.
I kept thinking about it, and I wanted to get out of the emotion of "It's not a big deal."
This sentence should also comfort me in the future, and it will also become my standard for life.
The scene of walking and chatting with Ji-an in the community for the first time also comfort me. 
"Life is a battle between internal and external forces, and internal strength can sustain you." 
After knowing this dialogue at that time, I was very impressed.
In the beginning, as the director said, it may not be the case for everyone will be treated well. Some people may be misunderstood and be treated unfairly. 
So when I think about this dialogue, I will want to exercise my internal strength and tell myself, "Don't be swayed easily, just stick to it."

-

Q16: The Park brothers all with different personalities. Who do you think is more similar to you?

In fact, we are the four siblings.
I think I am similar to the youngest brother of the four siblings.
The sister is the eldest, the three brothers are all younger brothers, and I feel myself is more like Ki-hoon.
When I first saw the script, I thought it would be easier to act as Ki-hoon.
Because he is the youngest child in the family, he is better at expressing himself. 
I will understand easier such a role because he is also in the theatre and acting industry, just like me.
Also, there are friends like Ki-hoon around me, so I resonate with it.
But when I watched Song Sae-byeok's interpretation of Ki-hooh,  I felt it was very fantastic.
Maybe it is because I am not similar to Dong-hoon, so that I could perform my exclusive Park Dong-hoon.

-

Q17: When showing Dong-hoon's psychological rift, did you emphasize it?

Park Dong-hoon's burden of life and the rift in his heart, these things can be seen and felt by the audience even if I don't express them specifically.
If I show it too hard, the acting will be frivolous.
If I express it tolerantly, Dong-hoon may make the audience feel more divided, which both the director and I agree about this.
When the rifts accumulated in layers finally collapsed, the audience would be easier to feel that kind of destruction.
At that time, was I considered Dong-hoon's emotions like that?
But in fact, the script has been explained very clearly to actors. 
I didn't do any new creation. 
I focus more on performing the script's content to keep its logic.

-

(subtitle: 

"You are kind."

Those dialogues seem to be short and plain but very important.

"Let's be happy")

-

Q18: It seems like performing Dong-hoon should not be easy for you. Are there any dialogues that you want to emphasize?

When I first got together with Ji-an, I felt both Dong-hoon and Ji-an were strangers in expressing their feelings.
Ji-an was like this, and Dong-hoon was the same.
Although it's really not a big deal, it was too tricky and sensitive to say the dialogues. 
If it goes further, Dong-hoon may directly give his emotions to her.
So after filming the "You're kind" scene, I applied for an interview with the director.
I hope the director can again explain the character Park Dong-hoon for me.
The "You're kind" scene was filmed many times. 
I even misspoke, "too small."
I also said a lot of swear words at that time.
That scene is still very interesting, and I like it very much.

-

Q19: Is the "Faraway Place," which you sang in the drama, is set in the script, or is a song of your own choice?

The setting on the script said I should sing it unexpectedly but firmly.
I didn't know this song before. 
I just went in and found out that it seemed a bit old, and I asked if I wanted to try another song.
But I really couldn't remember other songs, so I could only sing as much as possible of the lyrics.
I think my singing should achieve the effect which the screenwriter wants.
But I did not expect the director to use such a long song.
I sang to the second bar, and as a result, the whole song was all used in the film.
I was shocked when I saw this.

-

Q20: When playing Dong-hoon, are there any scenes that in particular resonate with you?

Speaking of resonance, although it makes me feel suffocating because I can not express too much in some scenes, there is still a very resonance scene.
One scene with the Park brothers made me very emotional when I saw the script.
That's where I cried the most when I was reading the script. 
When I was talking about my father and saying that no one told me, "It's not a big deal," I always cried when I saw this dialogue.
It was the same situation when we were filming that scene.
Because Dong-hoon was not the kind of character who could cry, I was scolded by the director at that time.
So the first time I performed this scene was more emotional than the broadcast version.
But later, I hoped that it would be more in line with Dong-hoon's image, so I reduced a few emotions in later performing.
But sometimes, I end the emotion too immediately when I perform this scene, and the director will again instruct me on this aspect.
So I liked the result of the second one more.

-

Q21: Were there any scenes that challenged you when shooting?

When reading the script, some scenes make me very stressed.
For example, the previously mentioned scene where the psychological rift finally collapsed, and the unexpected "You're kind" and "Thank You."
There are still several more delicate scenes than I expected, for example, the scene of quarreling with Yoon-hee.
That scene is not so continuous in the script.
It is divided into several parts in the original script, so we had to perform it with different emotions and atmospheres in this scene. 
Therefore the filming cannot be finished in one go. 
Some places need to be stopped and discussed with the director.
I remember it seemed like this.
But fortunately, because of these pressures, we performed well in the end.
The emotional scenes sometimes cannot be finished without other actors' help.
When I acted with partner actors, we helped each other as much as possible because we were scattered when filming.

-

Q22: Is the scene with no dialogue and only tears very hard for you?

Actually, the scene didn't cry at home at first. It is a scene that Dong-hoon suddenly starts crying in the alley on the way back from the supermarket.
It was a scene that avoided pedestrians, hid to one side and cried, walked out again, and suddenly started to cry again, like that.
However, the railway road that we usually show cannot be filmed during the day. There are too many cars to control, so the director contacted the screenwriter to replace the place, saying that we really cannot film at this place.
The screenwriter has probably encountered this situation before. 
Otherwise, the original plot was to cry while walking on the road.
Dong-hoon didn't even know why he was crying, but tears came out.
But after all, there was no way to film.
The director said to change it to something else and switched it on the spot.
When I had dinner, the director suddenly contacted me, said, "Let's finish this scene today," and gave me the script.
The emotional scene is quite burdensome, but by the time of episodes 15 and 16, maybe it is because I connected with the character and understood his emotions more. Hence it seems to become more manageable to me when I perform.
Of course, there is still a burden. 
That scene is crucial, and it's an emotional scene.
But the shooting ended sooner than I expected.

-

Q23: How do you think about cooperating with the family members in the play?

It is so great.
Compared to a scene where only the Park brothers appear, I prefer those scenes where all my family members appear together.
My mother passed away five years ago, and teacher Go Doo-shim and my mother are too similar.
Because her tone of voice is very similar to my mother's, I feel a little choked up whenever teacher Go is acting.
She often reminds me of my mother.
Her acting skill is impressive, and I feel very grateful and honored to collaborate with her.
Compared with other scenes, only when the teacher Go shows up will make Dong-hoon this character complete.
So I like all the scenes with the Park family very much.

-

Q24: How do you think about cooperating with the actor Lee Ji-Eun?

Ji-Eun is very excellent.
In fact, I was a little surprised at first when I met her.
"What is she doing?"
Just like Park Dong-hoon felt flustered when seeing Lee Ji-an, actor Lee Sun-Kyun was also flustered when seeing actor Lee Ji-Eun at the beginning.
"I should cheer up and work hard."
Because when Ji-Eun first entered the role of Lee Ji-an, she was not nervous or wavering at all. She acted very well.
When we grasp the role initially, the director will give us some suggestions.
When discussing with the director, I looked at the director's wink. I always thought I had to do something.
But Ji-Eun has done perfectly since the first time she read the script.
She is a marvelous friend and with the correct attitude.
IU's songs are always with many different types.
It's not that magnificent, but it's profound.
Watching actor Lee Ji-Eun's performance is like this. 
Her performance is not very gorgeous but is gentle and significant.
So I was always sighing about it when we were shooting.

-

Q25: What is the situation of the scenes of the beer froth?

Isn't Ji-an's face turning red? 
Ji-an is not a very good drinker.
We filmed a crying scene for the first time that day, and I would drink a shot glass before performing every time.
To me, this process is just like putting on makeup.
It's not that I want to bring an office worker's identity into my performance. 
This process will make my performance more realistic, just like makeup.
When drinking beer, say, "Are you going to have a glass too?", like that.
I drank a shot glass before filming the first scene.
But after a few scenes, the props group really got some real beer to us.
After drinking, Ji-Eun's face quickly turned red.
The fake beer will not have such lots of froth.
Real beer will have a lot of froth, and it will also appear when pouring.
I also found out that there was too much forth, but Ji-an wouldn't tilt the cup a bit according to her personality. 
It was a bit funny to pour the wine like this, but I still poured it like that, and the result was too much beer froth.
I didn't expect this scene to look so exaggerated, but everyone liked it, after all. So it doesn't matter.

-

Q26: What is the most impressive scene or dialogue with Ji-an for you?

Hmmm...
Rather than speaking dialogues, I like the space with Ji-an very much.
I like the feeling of being in the subway with her.
And also like the feeling when I stand on the steps in front of her apartment. 
I like the emotions conveyed by those spaces. And the railway. 
I like these because I experienced these memories together with Ji-an.
Moreover, Ji-an is always by my side in those scenes where I am alone. 
She always listened to my emotions and breathing, and I think we are connected.
A certain dialogue? 
"It's not a big deal."
Ji-an also thinks that part is perfect. I agree with her and also like it very much.

-

Q27: Why don't you put on the slippers Ji-an buys you?

Maybe Dong-hoon has a little fear of accepting her heart?
Knowing that Ji-an loves him, Dong-hoon may fear accepting such an intention.
Therefore, the following plot will also show that he said, "I'm not going to fire you," and told her, "Buy me another pair of slippers."
I think that is to draw the line to himself.
Later he will accept her affection in a different mood. Then he will put on those shoes.

-

(EP16)

-

Q28: What is the meaning of the handshake at the ending?

I felt very grateful when I saw Ji-an at the ending.
I am very grateful for how she works hard to survive in society—feeling glad and satisfied.
It seems to be like this.
Maybe is to cheer her up? Or to encourage her.
It feels like that.

-

Q29: What is Dong-hoon's affection for Ji-an?

At first, it may be compassion or sympathy, or maybe thinking that we are like-minded people.
I also feel flustered because she can see through my weaknesses and dark sides.
Also, I am curious about this child.
But, Ji-an…
Although I also have a lot of burdens and a sense of rupture, the child is like a stray cat.
She was wandering alone, with a strong personality.
After understanding her environment and experiences, I wanted to protect her more as an adult.

-

Q30: What does Ji-an mean to Dong-hoon?

To Dong-hoon, Lee Ji-an is like a mirror.
When he sees this child, it seems like he sees himself.
The words he wants to say to this child are also what he wants to say to himself.
So he pays more attention to her.
Lee Ji-an…
When Dong-hoon drank beer with her in the end, he said, "I think you came to this neighborhood to save me."
If at first it was sympathy and compassion and wanted to help Lee Ji-an, but in the end, it became a self-examination.
It was Lee Ji-an help Dong-hoon to grow.

-

Q31: Is Dong-hoon strong or weak when he is facing temptations?

He tries not to be tempted, so he is also afraid of Ji-an's affection.
Dong-hoon is a very consistent person when facing affections.
He won't change it if he has already identified.
So is it love, compassion, or sympathy?
But it's not like that. Many things are superimposed on each other.
He is very afraid of those temptations and affections, and he is very grateful that these affections resolve in the end. 
Dong-hoon attaches great importance to the safety of people around him and strongly wants to protect his family.
If it is seen as love in a broad sense, it can, of course, be said to be love.
But it will not be of the kind of opposite sex.

-

Q32: Has Dong-hoon found peace?

Didn't everything end with the dialogue in which he asked Ji-an, "Have you found peace"?
The same was true for Dong-hoon. Because of Ji-an, he was able to look back at himself. 
From a certain perspective, he faced all the relationships and ruptures, so Dong-hoon also found peace.
The process of towards peace is also a kind of growth.
Dong-hoon should be the same.

-

Q33: What do you think about meeting Dong-hoon?

I appreciate that.
Participating in this work is a very grateful thing to me.
At first, I felt that Park Dong-hoon was bored and even hated him a little bit.
He is too boring. 
"What is the charm of this man?"
I thought it from the bottom of my heart at first.
I really appreciate that I could act as such a character who is much better than me.
Park Dong-hoon is a person who can make me reflect. 
So I really appreciate that.

-

Q34: What do you want to say to Dong-hoon in the end?

To Dong-hoon?
I hope you can be happier.
I hope you can be more comfortable.
Although you may be bothered by things around you, I hope you can take care of yourself and be happier.

-

Q35: What are the advantages and charms of "My Mister"?

The advantage is, the affections between characters are not single.
When we only look at Ji-an and Dong-hoon, it seems that there are no such protagonists who are so unwilling to express themselves like these two people, right?
So if you only watch the first and second episodes, you might feel this drama is very suffocating.
There is more than one character, and everyone has very three-dimensional emotions.
The advantages of the characters in the TV drama, just as I mentioned before, the characters are divided into three parts: their family, their company, and their community. 
Each part presents a different type of story.
The stories, philosophies, characters, excellent directors who present, and the OST are all fantastic.
So "My Mister" is an excellent TV drama.

-

Q36: What is "My Mister" mean to you?

"My Mister" is a happy ensemble.
As I mentioned before, the director is an excellent conductor.
Before I got to middle school, I had the chorus experience. 
We used nice harmony to present good songs, and we could feel the joy when singing in a chorus.
With a good script, an excellent OST, and a nice conductor working together, the final ensemble became "My Mister."
"My Mister" seems to be like that.

-

To fans who love "My Mister"...

Thank you to everyone who sold and bought DVDs.
This drama makes me unforgettable. 
I hope that this work could also leave some warmth in your hearts. 
The DVD can be released because of everyone's help. 
You gave us such a wonderful gift, and I will also seriously watch the DVD.
I hope all of you can find peace. Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks a lot for the translation. The question about how "there's a lot of people that want to be like Park Dong Hoon" strikes me as really interesting, because my reaction / interpretation of the show is that we should not be like him. He serves as a cautionary tale, in terms of both his marriage (the importance of communication & being aligned with your partner on what you want from life) as well as his general attitude towards life (problems with his self-sacrificial tendencies & the need to prioritize himself over others / society's expectations).

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

I have finished the translation.

Thank you so much!! 謝謝!!! Really appreciate your hard work putting it into English. (And your English is great!) I learned a lot from the interview.

The styles that look with a strong sense or handsome are not be adopted.

Hee hee. I think he and Ki Hoon still had pretty good style in the show. :lol:

Q17: When showing Dong-hoon's psychological rift, did you emphasize it?

Park Dong-hoon's burden of life and the rift in his heart, these things can be seen and felt by the audience even if I don't express them specifically.
If I show it too hard, the acting will be frivolous.
If I express it tolerantly, Dong-hoon may make the audience feel more divided, which both the director and I agree about this.
When the rifts accumulated in layers finally collapsed, the audience would be easier to feel that kind of destruction.

I'm not exactly sure what the question and answer are referring to here? What exactly is the psychological rift/ rift in his heart (or is it just everything - bribe, affair, supporting his family)? And does his breakdown in Ep 16 symbolize the "rifts accumulated in layers finally collaps[ing]"...?

Q18: It seems like performing Dong-hoon should not be easy for you. Are there any dialogues that you want to emphasize?

So after filming the "You're kind" scene, I applied for an interview with the director.
I hope the director can again explain the character Park Dong-hoon for me.
The "You're kind" scene was filmed many times. 
I even misspoke, "too small."
I also said a lot of swear words at that time.

He's so funny in interviews! I always love how open he is. :joy:

Q19: Is the "Faraway Place," which you sang in the drama, is set in the script, or is a song of your own choice?

The setting on the script said I should sing it unexpectedly but firmly.

So this song really did have a deep meaning for writernim and for the story. Interesting that he was surprised they used everything he had sung.

When reading the script, some scenes make me very stressed.
For example, the previously mentioned scene where the psychological rift finally collapsed, and the unexpected "You're kind" and "Thank You."

Do you guys think he's talking about his breakdown again?

And the "Thank you" scene...I wonder which scene he's referring to?

Q27: Why don't you put on the slippers Ji-an buys you?

Maybe Dong-hoon has a little fear of accepting her heart?
Knowing that Ji-an loves him, Dong-hoon may fear accepting such an intention.
Therefore, the following plot will also show that he said, "I'm not going to fire you," and told her, "Buy me another pair of slippers."
I think that is to draw the line to himself.
Later he will accept her affection in a different mood. Then he will put on those shoes.

This is great, both that the question was asked and that LSK answered it this way. It seems clear that Dong Hoon understood that Ji An's affection for him was real and was coming from her heart (not hero worship or a crush), and that when he puts on the slippers later it does mean DH is accepting her affection, whatever "in a different mood" means. I feel like the show is pretty clear about the journey of the slippers, but it's good to hear LSK confirm that our thoughts are going the right way.

Q28: What is the meaning of the handshake at the ending?

I felt very grateful when I saw Ji-an at the ending.
I am very grateful for how she works hard to survive in society—feeling glad and satisfied.
It seems to be like this.
Maybe is to cheer her up? Or to encourage her.
It feels like that.

:lol: LOL. Yes, Dong Hoon, the handshake is just to cheer up Ji An. That's why you're blushing like a school boy and sooo happy that she asked you to dinner.  I think we can expand LSK's answer and say that the handshake is to encourage her that he's free now, and that he loves her.

Q29: What is Dong-hoon's affection for Ji-an?

After understanding her environment and experiences, I wanted to protect her more as an adult.

This is insightful, too, in that during the show Dong Hoon really does want to protect Ji An since he's an adult and has the "traditional" resources to do so (money, a job, social standing). Ji An protects Dong Hoon in a more feral, street-smart way (getting back his wallet, confronting Yoon Hee, undermining Do Joon Young). After the time-skip, Ji An has grown into an adult herself, incorporated into society. They are now peers.

Q31: Is Dong-hoon strong or weak when he is facing temptations?

He tries not to be tempted, so he is also afraid of Ji-an's affection.
Dong-hoon is a very consistent person when facing affections.
He won't change it if he has already identified.
So is it love, compassion, or sympathy?
But it's not like that. Many things are superimposed on each other.
He is very afraid of those temptations and affections, and he is very grateful that these affections resolve in the end. 
Dong-hoon attaches great importance to the safety of people around him and strongly wants to protect his family.
If it is seen as love in a broad sense, it can, of course, be said to be love.
But it will not be of the kind of opposite sex.

At first I was also frustrated by this answer @YukawaCattle. BUT then I read it again, and the question specifically deals with how DH handles temptations, NOT the show's ending or the future. And I can agree with LSK, that during the show Dong Hoon is afraid of Ji An's affections, has identified it as a temptation, and yet shows love and sympathy toward her - "love in a broad sense" in order to protect his "family" which includes her. So I think he's right, during the majority of the show it's not love of the "opposite sex" - he is acting for Ji An's good because he wants to protect her and he has compassion for her.

However, this doesn't prevent a deeper romantic relationship from happening after both of their situations are more resolved after the time skip. I'm not exactly sure what he means by "he is very grateful that these affections resolve in the end" but I wonder if he's drawing a contrast between the end (post time-skip) and the temptation he faced from JA's affections from Ep 1 through 3/4 of Ep 16.

Again @YukawaCattle thanks for doing this!! :biubiu:

1 hour ago, Pixaiated said:

Thanks a lot for the translation. The question about how "there's a lot of people that want to be like Park Dong Hoon" strikes me as really interesting, because my reaction / interpretation of the show is that we should not be like him. He serves as a cautionary tale, in terms of both his marriage (the importance of communication & being aligned with your partner on what you want from life) as well as his general attitude towards life (problems with his self-sacrificial tendencies & the need to prioritize himself over others / society's expectations).

Great point!

And @Pixaiated so great to see you over at fangirlverdict and on Reddit, too. The way you and @actionscript present your points (logically and calmly) is an inspiration. Keep it up! When people say stuff like, "Seeing a romantic possibility between DH and JA misses the entire point of the show," or "Watch the show again and you'll see it's platonic," I get too riled up. Haha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 9:19 PM, actionscript said:

I viewed the scenes a few more times and here’s my take.

The first few moments of DH walking heavily through that street corner was of him sulking and when he paused, he was sadly remembering his moments with JA in that location. I believe in the past before he got to know JA, he would just walk past that street and not pay attention to the details around it. This time since he’s in deep thought, he walked slowly and probably noticed the electric hazard sign for the first time.

He is standing right at the very danger zone! During the first ring of his phone, he still wasn't near the danger zone. But as he now answered the 2nd ring and heard JA's voice, he unconsciously walked into the danger zone. Again, it’s in his personality to be the first to heed that safety warning and stay away, but he didn’t. Why? Because that conversation with JA so engrossed his whole being that he totally forgot about the danger warnings.

Wow!

Ok, this really makes sense.

Thanks for discussing this scene with me.

So, yes, this scene is not necessarily showing that DH wants to die.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:19 PM, actionscript said:

Wonderful catch again on the red and blue color tones of the scenes! The way you get to find all these amazing symbols will put Stephan to shame. :blush:

I actually set a position for myself is to find some symbols for My Mister.
Because I am not a good writer or good at analyzing but like to play puzzle games.

Maybe I could help this thread by such a hobby.
But I think Stephan already knows what the red-blue color represents is.
I googled and found that such color seems to have a name called "Teal and Orange."
Stephan is both an actor and director, and I think such a color's meaning is a piece of cake for him.

(You scared me. :skull:)

Also, it seems like that someone had already figured it out.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:40 AM, actionscript said:

Wow!
You did a great job!
Thanks for sharing this great observation!

On 1/11/2022 at 12:40 AM, actionscript said:

The three roadblocks for DH in pursuing JA has been his work relationship with JA, his marital status, and JA's vulnerable state. In the time skip, DH has left Saman and has divorced YH. JA has also grown into an empowered, independent woman. I've never seen a show remove all roadblocks to a possible outcome, yet didn't intend on delivering that outcome. :)

Great point again!

It really sounds like the writer had paved the way for them to begin a new start.

-----

On 1/10/2022 at 10:36 PM, the_sweetroad said:

Did you know there is a dedicated Lee Sun Kyun thread on this forum? Here's the link so you can get there easily :lol:.

Oh!
Thanks for the link!

I never notice that, lol.

I will follow this topic form now on.

Thanks again.

I think what Ki Hoon was thinking of was just plain heartbreak making people sick. Just like Yoon Hee felt sick after breaking up with Do Joon Young. If we're to take Yoon Hee at her word, she was prepared to divorce Dong Hoon to be with Do Joon Young. Of course, DJY tells her she would never do that...but I think she told herself she would.

Oh, it makes sense.

You make me recall that JH also had such a situation after meeting with SW.

I've read that he moved from My Mister straight into Parasite, so I think you're right. He was sad to let go of MM and Park Dong Hoon, then Parasite became even bigger than anyone expected.

Interestingly, LSK in Parasite performs a CEO with the family name--Park.
And CEO Park doesn't like the people who take the subway, but Park Dong-hoon likes the subway, lol.

His wife, Jeon Hye Jin, is currently starring in a drama called Uncle. Anyone else watching it? I'm really enjoying it. He has said that she is his favorite actress (awwwww) and she's doing a great job. Oh Jung Se, the actor who plays Moon Sang Tae in It's Okay to Not Be Okay, is the other lead. They play brother and sister.

Thanks for sharing.
I haven't watched any of the dramas in which his wife participates.
Maybe I should watch it next time.

The Merry Christmas display is in Episode 4 at the 1:10:50 mark after DH has confronted the condo villa owner:

I really didn't notice that.
Because in my country, such decoration could show up any time if anyone wants.
I don't know what this decoration means to Korea's culture. It is just a decoration for us, so I didn't notice that.
Thanks for mentioning this.

14 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Thank you so much!! 謝謝!!! Really appreciate your hard work putting it into English. (And your English is great!) I learned a lot from the interview.

You are welcome. (不客氣) :thumbsup:

And thanks for the recognition.

This is my first-time translating something into English.

I also learn a lot from this experience, like learning the difference between affection and emotion.

They could be written in the same words in Chinese. (Both could be written as 感情 or 情感)

So I really want to translate all of DH's "emotion to JA" as "affection to JA," lol.

(So that the romance team will win forever!!!! :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):)

Hee hee. I think he and Ki Hoon still had pretty good style in the show. :lol:

No matter what LSK wears, he is always a charming and handsome guy. :heart:

I'm not exactly sure what the question and answer are referring to here? What exactly is the psychological rift/ rift in his heart (or is it just everything - bribe, affair, supporting his family)? And does his breakdown in Ep 16 symbolize the "rifts accumulated in layers finally collaps[ing]"...?

Do you guys think he's talking about his breakdown again?

I think it means breakdown, yes.
It seems like that.

And the "Thank you" scene...I wonder which scene he's referring to?

Good question.
Each "Thank you" with a different meaning, right?

He's so funny in interviews! I always love how open he is. :joy:

LSK is so cuuuute. :heart:

So this song really did have a deep meaning for writernim and for the story. Interesting that he was surprised they used everything he had sung.

Definitely the love song to JA.
The romance team win again. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

This is great, both that the question was asked and that LSK answered it this way. It seems clear that Dong Hoon understood that Ji An's affection for him was real and was coming from her heart (not hero worship or a crush), and that when he puts on the slippers later it does mean DH is accepting her affection, whatever "in a different mood" means. I feel like the show is pretty clear about the journey of the slippers, but it's good to hear LSK confirm that our thoughts are going the right way.

The first time I saw this scene, I didn't understand about the slipper's meaning until I read this post.
This analysis is amazing, and yes, by LSK's answer, such analysis really holds.

:lol: LOL. Yes, Dong Hoon, the handshake is just to cheer up Ji An. That's why you're blushing like a school boy and sooo happy that she asked you to dinner.  I think we can expand LSK's answer and say that the handshake is to encourage her that he's free now, and that he loves her.

Nice interpretation.  :glasses:

I replay the following scenes again and again.

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

It looks like DH is so shy because JA will again eat and drink with him.
Because KI sends him the USBs, I think he already knows JY's words: "PDH eating and drinking with you means he likes you" and "Plus, he can never weasel his way out."
I think he knows he will finally fall in love with JA if they eat and drink too many times, so he nods his head with a shy face.
He is so cute.

This is insightful, too, in that during the show Dong Hoon really does want to protect Ji An since he's an adult and has the "traditional" resources to do so (money, a job, social standing). Ji An protects Dong Hoon in a more feral, street-smart way (getting back his wallet, confronting Yoon Hee, undermining Do Joon Young). After the time-skip, Ji An has grown into an adult herself, incorporated into society. They are now peers.

I am curious about whether DH still regards JA as a child or not at the ending.
But I think DH always says JA is a child is just an autohypnosis.

At first I was also frustrated by this answer @YukawaCattle. BUT then I read it again, and the question specifically deals with how DH handles temptations, NOT the show's ending or the future. And I can agree with LSK, that during the show Dong Hoon is afraid of Ji An's affections, has identified it as a temptation, and yet shows love and sympathy toward her - "love in a broad sense" in order to protect his "family" which includes her. So I think he's right, during the majority of the show it's not love of the "opposite sex" - he is acting for Ji An's good because he wants to protect her and he has compassion for her.

However, this doesn't prevent a deeper romantic relationship from happening after both of their situations are more resolved after the time skip. I'm not exactly sure what he means by "he is very grateful that these affections resolve in the end" but I wonder if he's drawing a contrast between the end (post time-skip) and the temptation he faced from JA's affections from Ep 1 through 3/4 of Ep 16.

Nice interpretation!
You save my heart, lol.
I cure a lot by this analysis. :glasses:

Again @YukawaCattle thanks for doing this!! :biubiu:

It's my pleasure. 

Thank you. :thumbsup:

---

18 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I am flabbergasted and grateful you did all that work for us. Thank you!!! :wub: Will have to find a quiet moment to read and catch up with this thread. 

You are welcome. :thumbsup:

@the_sweetroad original only said "some English-translation highlights," but LSK is so charming that I can not distinguish which part is not important. I have no choice but to translate all of it, lol.

---

16 hours ago, Pixaiated said:

You are welcome. :thumbsup:

You share a great point.

And in my opinion, "there's a lot of people that want to be like Park Dong Hoon" refer to this scene:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Many comments in the following link said DH is a good adult and wants to become him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdqv2NUdBZA&ab_channel=tvNdrama

And you mention "the importance of communication & being aligned with your partner on what you want from life."
I agree with that, and I am curious why compared with YH, DH seems more willing to communicate with JA.
If he wants another slipper, he will directly tell JA. 
Or if he is angry about JA ignoring him, he will directly complain to her:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Why couldn't DH communicate with YH like this?

• Like 2
  • Love 1