[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Just now, chickfactor said:

Yeah, I think that was a feint.

DH left his phone in the movie theater so that she wouldn't hear him confront Joon-Young. Then we heard her listening to a man crying through her headphones. So we thought it was him, but it was actually a scene in the movie.

So he gingerly holds the phone up and says, "Lee Ji-An... Lee Ji-An... call me."

(And *I DIE*)

I think I used the wrong word (it's a translation problem, in my language that works well [my bad]). Sorry.

He didn't really cried, he shed some tears, two times. See the links above. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Fifty Shades of Ahjussi.

@chickfactor sad:  Fity shades of Ahjussi.......    The PG version!

@nearsea said:  And it's fascinating how even after that confession from the penguin JY, DH still has his faith in Ji An? Isn't that amazing? Year-long friendships even break apart after people misunderstand each other, backbite and lie on their back, but here is one odd relationship where the trust is still intact even if they have the minimum interaction. If regular people's phones ever got wiretapped, none of their relationships would survive lol. 

@chickfactor also said he accepts her wiretapping without blinking an eye....

This shows that he has a near COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF Ji-an the person.  He should have been shocked when found out she killed some one...instead he beats up the guy whose father tortured her.  He could (Ji-an's own word) get disgusted with her inability to rise from her pitiful condition after he bought her food 4 times...but he kept becoming closer to her.  She is his confidant, his emotional support when he wants to die, the shoulder to lean on figuratively when he is tired and emotionally drained.... and he knows that she is a GOOD PERSON!  That engineer is not the type who would say some thing without MEANING IT.  There does not seem to be anything that she could do that would shake his BELIEF IN HER.   Of course his heart would feel heavy when he knows about the wire tap, but he knows exactly why it happens and knows who is truly responsible for it, who took advantage of a desperate girl (he think he knew) to make her commit a crime.....  hence healing #3 episode with CEO face being a punching bag!

ditto for Ji-an's feeling for him!  They are true soulmates.....

@akhenaten said that they are more than the usual One True Pairing.... What they are is TSMP.....True Soul-mate Pairing! The chemistry between those 2 are simply... indescribable!

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

well, well, well, big, big trouble ahead for all unless they find Ji An....Joon Young is panicking because he did not want the recordings of Ki Bum gotten by the police so he wants to catch Ki Bum first, however, those recordings were stolen by Kwang Il and now Ki Bum was caught by the police. Ki Bum is not talking, but the wire-tapping has been found out by the police. Kwang Il listened to the whole recording of the wire taps so now he knows about the 2 men Joon Young and Dong Hoon and their connections to Ji An. He will probably understand the connection with Joon Young as he understands about greed and taking advantage of weaker people because he is a loan shark. Like his loan shark friend said, maybe they can make millions out of Joon Young. But then he heard very different conversations between Dong Hoon and Ji An, from you are a good person to can I have a hug. It seems KI is more affected by the JA/DH conversations. What will he do? 

But DH is in trouble too. PDW said, he has a lot of explaining to do. He could lose his Directorship. So, Ji An is wanted by many people. Will she come out to face all and to save the day again for Dong Hoon? 

I am so glad and thankful to eldest sister in law. She told Sang Hoon to stop poking her and she confronted Jung Hee to snap out of it. It has been 20 years. Good for her. 

Yoon Hee, opening the window won't do it anymore. Open the door and go find your own path to happiness 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, mujay said:

Congratulation to Myahjussi team.

And yes another Lee sung kyung and Lee Ji eun drama please.

Their chimestry overwhelmed me forever.

So in love with DH -Jian, can't imagine another otp could replace them in my memory, there is greatest love could we seen in our life time.

My Ajusshi is a show that never lost its core audience since the first episode. It is gaining a cult following within the kdrama communities. This is quite the underdog story after all the stupid controversies. The show still manages to tell a story that resonates with everyone and get good ratings.  I have been spoiled by TVN with their Wed-Thurs timeslots from Mother to My Ajusshi. The quality of both dramas are just astounding that now I am afraid to go watch another series and it will not live up to what I was accustomed to these past couple of months. Congratulations to KWS, IU, LSG, and to the rest of the team!

• Like 17

Healing time means:

All rifts are healed

Scars remain as a reminder of lessons learned

Forgiveness falls like a gentle rain

What seems dead blooms anew

Love grow from fertilizer 

the circle of decency widens

and prosper.

And please, for the love of what is good and holy, or secular, (I don't care which) GET KH SOME HELP.

A person who respond with that much rage over a second hand offense is not someone another human being should risk living with.

It might  seem that the rage he unleashed on YR when he was considered filled with potential is not longer an issue because he has resolved his issue with her, but it isn't.  KH is dangerous.   It seems that failure is the only way for him to live in the world without causing damage.  Were he to have true power with nothing to keep him in check he would be an unrestrained force for destruction.  His rage isn't cute or acceptable. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, hushhh said:

I agree about KH he need's help , but ive never been much of a fan of the other two brothers at all. They put so much pressure on DH and i feel like they make him more miserable. Also them talking about death of their mother all the time annoy's me. 

• Like 5

Hi,

With myself finally free from being consumed by the general election in my country, I finally managed to catch up on episode 13 and 14 and gosh, I regretted it. 

I was so spent by the election and watching MA totally draining me out. I could not find words to express my feelings because they are so many but my highlight here is LEE SUN KYUN.

Gosh, this man is an incredible actor. His less outwardly good look (yeah, I know I am shallow and has strong fascination with those handsome oppas) made me missed out such a brilliant thespian that he is. It's not easy to essay the character of Dong Hoon since he is a man with very little words, so subtle with his emotion and action that it takes great acting to convey everything that he feels and LSK delivered it like a pro.

At this juncture, I am not sure whether ajusshi and JA will be the endgame. Since like the marriage (despite YH knowing that it is over) is still for keep, so I am keeping my expectation low on this two. But the restlessness displayed by DH and that bottled up feeling that started to resurface especially during the celebration party (and with his friends keep mentioning JA), I really could feel DH's tension - like he wished he could shout out his unbearable pain, wished that he could just cry but there isn't any tears. There's so much agony in there and Idk how LSK did it but I have deep respect for him as an actor.

Prior to DH and JA, my greatest OTP is Im and Kyung (Live Up To Your Name) but it is safe to say that DH and JA overtaken those two for one simple reason that the emotional resonance is very extremely strong. Without a single physical touch, all the bonds that they have is the deep felt emotion and that is marvelous beyond words. And I again said, I don't see anything platonic here. All I see is LOVE, unspoken love (especially on the part of DH), suppressed feelings and I am thankful that Joon Young (you go, man!)  said it out - both to DH and to JA. You see, an important figure in the drama itself already said it explicitly, how is that possible for us the viewers to deny it. And there is no need to fool ourselves to again convince that the relationship is platonic especially judging from the rate of DH breaking down over JA's absence.

I am bracing myself for another 2 hours of heartbreak.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, danielassny said:

Hi,

With myself finally free from being consumed by the general election in my country, I finally managed to catch up on episode 13 and 14 and gosh, I regretted it. 

I was so spent by the election and watching MA totally draining me out. I could not find words to express my feelings because they are so many but my highlight here is LEE SUN KYUN.

Gosh, this man is an incredible actor. His less outwardly good look (yeah, I know I am shallow and has strong fascination with those handsome oppas) made me missed out such a brilliant thespian that he is. It's not easy to essay the character of Dong Hoon since he is a man with very little words, so subtle with his emotion and action that it takes great acting to convey everything that he feels and LSK delivered it like a pro.

At this juncture, I am not sure whether ajusshi and JA will be the endgame. Since like the marriage (despite YH knowing that it is over) is still for keep, so I am keeping my expectation low on this two. But the restlessness displayed by DH and that bottled up feeling that started to resurface especially during the celebration party (and with his friends keep mentioning JA), I really could feel DH's tension - like he wished he could shout out his unbearable pain, wished that he could just cry but there isn't any tears. There's so much agony in there and Idk how LSK did it but I have deep respect for him as an actor.

Prior to DH and JA, my greatest OTP is Im and Kyung (Live Up To Your Name) but it is safe to say that DH and JA overtaken those two for one simple reason that the emotional resonance is very extremely strong. Without a single physical touch, all the bonds that they have is the deep felt emotion and that is marvelous beyond words. And I again said, I don't see anything platonic here. All I see is LOVE, unspoken love (especially on the part of DH), suppressed feelings and I am thankful that Joon Young (you go, man!)  said it out - both to DH and to JA. You see, an important figure in the drama itself already said it explicitly, how is that possible for us the viewers to deny it. And there is no need to fool ourselves to again convince that the relationship is platonic especially judging from the rate of DH breaking down over JA's absence.

I am bracing myself for another 2 hours of heartbreak.

@danielassny  Congratulation on your country's election.  This reader is sure that would be a highly emotional charged moment, hence led down afterward can be hard.  Then you watched My Mister 13 and 14!  Then that wringed out every last piece of emotion in your limbic system@!!!

When we did somethin big that we are proud of, or a catastrophe occurs, we tend to run to the people we care most about...to celebrate, commiserate, or simply to find out that our loved one is fine.   Engineer Dong Hoon just want to share a quiet nearly nonverbal moment with some one who, liked him, does not express with word, but a little smile, and a long gulp of beer.  Unfortunately the boisterous party did not help his mood, with his desperate need to be with that person, frustrating in not knowing where she is.  Lee Sun Kyun is an expressive actor who with his taciturn manner, manages to convey the self-the being of Engineer Park Dong Hoon to perfection.

This reader is also speechless with the acting ability of this idol IU/Lee Jieun in defining Ji-an the orphan, Ji-an the down trodden, Ji-an the desperate, Ji-an the fighter who never quit, Ji-an the (as borrowed from other Soompi member) girl who carries herself with dignity and maturity, the girl who defies pity, who forged ahead... a little salmon swimming against the seemingly unsurmountable water fall of life.

My favorite drama has always been Nagareboshi  which has withstood the test of time since 2010.  Sadly, My Mister may have supplant that title.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

@danielassny, takniah, i felt sad under Anwar griefness in such long time, so relief saw his party get the way to rule even under MM again, you know September 1998 is my bleak memory life at semenanjung.

:)desperate to know, what in the viewers mind now? The fact told us:

Their relationship is deeper than respected/to comfort between person whom have hard time.

Their live interwind in such longing soul destiny.

Could they accepted when at the end DH-Jian,  will end up together.

Or

still root for open ending, somehow they all make deal to clossed all the political chaos under chairman Jung intervesion, Jian get  schoolarship to study overseas.DH climb up to better position,YH file divorce.all character get reward healing at the end.

• Like 10

Just finished watching the powerful episode 14:) 

Notable scenes:

Goodbye call: It was beautiful on how DH's footsteps was shot after Jian hanged up the call. It appeared he was limping and dragging himself like all the energy from his legs were drained out. These little things bring the most impact like how DH's lips are quivering and trying hard to control his tears.

Phone booth - I have not seen such heartbreaking exchange between two people longing for each other. Jian made the decision to protect him at all cost. She will not dare dream of a future with DH. Aside from the marriage, Jian knows DH cannot live with rumors that will tarnish his impeccable reputation and being a murderer is something engraved in her past. She decided to leave and love him from a far instead..

Jung Hee and Jian - Two women with kindred spirits. Some people are only capable of loving one person for the rest of their lives. I think both of them share that same fate. 

JYD & Jian - The intensity of Jian and my eternal adoration for this girl still lives on:lol: It is rare for a kdrama to have the male lead be the damsel in distress and the heroine is the one threatening everyone to eff off! Just a wonderful role reversal. IU (Lee Jieun) was so so good in this scene, girl you got me terrified!

JYD and DH  - Ahh yes the revelation. The one moment that stands out was when JYD accusing DH of being sleazy then a flashback of him sitting down with Jian in an empty bar. I guess it is very telling on how DH deals with his feelings for Jian. He punched JYD repeatedly as a form of misdirected anger towards himself. So heartbreaking when DH finally realized that he lost her and was alone in the movie theatre (Signal feels everyone?) 

If nobody knows I long for her, then it won't be a big deal

If nobody knows I miss her everyday, then it won't be a big deal

If nobody knows I couldn't breathe without her, then it won't be a big deal

The path of least resistance vs. the road not taken.. A choice that Dong Hoon needs to decide on next week's episode.

My Ajusshi is a realistic drama and I am no Pollyanna to believe in fairy tales either. As I said before, DH should just pick YH. She is the safest choice for him and can uphold his family honor. YH has the right pedigree to fit in and be a director's wife. A path of least resistance and an easier non-complicated life for someone like DH. So what if she had an affair, as long as no one knows about it then the facade can just continue of a happy marriage. DH has been living this way for over 40 years, always afraid of living in shame or making a mistake. I am not expecting him to throw away everything he worked so hard for over someone like Jian. What kind of a crazy man will do that? It makes perfect sense and logical that he will stay with YH.

Does DH really have what it takes to choose the road less traveled and pick Jian over anything else? I am not hoping for it. I cannot imagine DH capable of doing something so reckless. So I guess I will leave it to the writers to see the potential of My Ajusshi becoming the most romantic k-drama of this year. Hands down. Soulmates, true love, great love - whatever my delulu mind can think of.. It is not enough to describe this story once DH will decide to pick Jian despite the fact he will likely suffer and keep on defending her past against judgmental people. Isn't that enough reason for him to run away from her right?

Scary as this sounds. I am expecting this writer/PD combo to mess up the ending:lol:.. Otherwise, MA is nearing perfection if they will give me an OTP ending because it will permanently ruin my palette for romantic k-dramas altogether once this show ends. The story of Dong Hoon and Jian is that precious, beautiful, and unforgettable. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 2

Original Source (My Daily via Naver): 'My Ahjussi' Lee Sun Kyun protects IU "It was self-defense"

1. [+913, -10] Every single word of Park Dong Hoon's comment was true~ He's so cool and really the best... This drama always touches my heart 

2. [+626, -12] Naver really doesn't put 'My Ahjussi' on their front page. For some dramas, they keep changing posts and you see posts even on the next day.. Naver is hella neglecting this well-made drama 

3. [+335, -9] Dong Hoon's last lines were cool and in the scene where Song Sae Byuk and Lee Ji Ah were delivering their lines but weren't making eye contact, it had tension and the immersion was insane ㅎㅎ It's not a showy drama (t/n: showy as in it's not vibrant, fancy) but it's a drama where each and every line touches your heart. 

4. [+341, -16] It's the best, IU is really good at acting  

F67194_ONygbIJlbh8NJ3BDbnIcvKpqKQ0MwlSfwVYZMaBKgTnn6KbtvidOREeirNDrWOr0LkYY0dRh71hOHv5CvadjNF-z4Uo84jEQAvtiPnu2rwNcZVRfQnG4lZfbCIyh3dWYO2l9XGQNYrGisgSWlWf5m_qy-KnmVoKdAY51WgJDigDq1XtcQEA=s0-d
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-10%2Bat%2B7.43.17%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-10%2Bat%2B7.43.12%2BPM.png

1. [+4613, -124] This drama is too much, it should know its limit and be good but it makes me cry, makes me laugh, and then switches on over to thriller and then time flies 

2. [+4385, -58] This makes me wonder if this is the rediscovery of Lee Sun Kyun. Park Dong Hoon is a character that's really hard to express and if you don't act properly, it's a role that can cause a lot of misunderstandings but the fact that his acting makes me think that he's really Park Dong Hoon including the sound of his breathing, it's (his acting) really touching.  
↪ [+116, -1] He's an actor that really acts well.    
↪ [+143, -2] This time I learned about Lee Sun Kyun's true value. His details of his expressions is art 

3. [+2471, -103] This is Lee Sun Kyun and Lee Ji Eun's life character... it's really been a while since a drama had lines that really dug deep into my heart 

4. [+1755, -33] This is my first time wanting a drama to end with a happy ending. I don't know what the ending has to be for it to be a happy ending but I hope it definitely ends with a happy ending. I really hope Ji An ends up well. This is really a drama where time flies by.. 

5. [+1528, -34] Ah~ I'm going crazy, what kind of drama digs out a person's heart like this? 

b16hIk2qPZBpKgffh1FsTuqXx2tLYVQAzynkNQvEzCvnXPYh3omP1hvo0rN3HCMNmk8lxaVnESnbowKp2dq0HK3xakxBmstN1fo35Xcy4OPiTBtLQPkSJiFIIHWIvlF217qRFygW22h4bGa3oLn4R_O5bb8bey1RJXuaUlA=s0-d
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-10%2Bat%2B8.01.22%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-10%2Bat%2B8.01.17%2BPM.png

1. [+975, -38] Is this really the writer who wrote 'Another Oh Hae Young'?   How can a person write a drama this different, this insanely well? Also... Eric and IU are people whose original job is being a singer but how can they become this different with the clothes they're wearing? (t/n: this person is basically saying they're really fitting in the role) Is it the power of the directing or because of the screenwriter's script? I... feel so bad for Lee Ji An. My heart also hurts for Dong Hoon-ie. I really want these two to be happy... I'm not crazy right (for feeling like this)? If Ji An-ie was my neighbor, I want to at least feed her a meal. 

2. [+651, -55] Let's give Lee Sun Kyun-nim a daesang and give Lee Ji Eun-nim a best actress award 

3. [+435, -8] This is the best masterpiece that can make you feel the ringing deep within the lungs.. (t/n: I think they're talking about the scene where you can just hear Lee Sun Kyun's breathing) this is Lee Ji Eun and Lee Sun Kyun's life character ㅜㅜ 

4. [+368, -11] I choked up and my heart feels numb.. Tears are falling down on both of my cheeks.. It seems true that if you like someone, you'll do anything for them.. I don't watch dramas that often but this drama really touched me.. The background is somber but you fall deep into it.. I really like the drama and the actors... 

5. [+213, -3] I didn't know a day would come where I would cancel on plans to watch a drama live ;;;;   
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 9

I don't know if this has been mention... but it must be hard for actors to act like that with the phone... I'm sure neither IU nor LSK was listening to each other... it may be a staff saying the lines to them right there and they have to react to it.

These 2 are truly amazing!

Dramas that touch us like this don't come by very often, let along from a couple who gives us heartache and headache through their gazes, things unsaid, and just walking together silently. 

kyaaaaaaaaaaa! MA - GOOD JOB!

I really love the cinematography... especially seeing their backs... you can feel their emotions... and when DH started walking after JA hung up... anyone notice how heavy his steps were!?

kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

Well, whatever doubt that Korean viewers had about the age difference - probably isn't a problem anymore, right? The drama won them over and everyone is rooting for these two to end up together.

I wanted to mention how DH won the director position: apparently, two of Director Yoon's cronies jumped ship and voted for DH. HAHAHA, loved the look on Yoon's face. He's such a nasty fool.

Maybe these two guys figured out that they are on a losing team, but also maybe they realized that DH is the best candidate for the job, too. Mostly it was awesome because so many people were genuinely happy for DH. I mean, some of them also got promotions, too (Chief Song became Manager Song, hurray!) - but they were genuinely thrilled for him.

--

The other notable moment was when IU threatened JY. Wow.

She looks at the knives in his kitchen and says, "The thing that I want to hide the most, the fact that I killed someone, becomes my greatest strength when I'm cornered." She is really pretty awesome when she goes into scary mode. JY practically crapped his pants right there.

It's just so awesome how these two are both in fighting mode for each other. She was threatening to kill JY if he touches her Park Dong-Hoon. And Dong-Hoon punched JY for insulting his Ji-An. And in Ep.13, he was ready to do the same to Director Yoon.

--

One other moment I wanted to share was how intuitive and observant Jung-Hee is.

She said, "When she said that she really liked this neighborhood, it sounded like she was saying that she liked Dong-Hoon." Ding! That is correct. You get a prize.

When she told DH about how she was sitting outside early in the morning, and Ji-An stopped and stood there for 10 minutes out of consideration, she said, "This girl is all right." Jung-Hee sensed that Ji-An is a nice person.

Jung-Hee really seems just great. I really hope she has a happy ending.

--

This made me laugh:

Yu-Ra says at DH's celebration party at Jung-Hee's: I kind of want to marry you now. I think it will be fun.

KH: That's why (Ae-Ryun) married my brother, and they're separated now.

(her expression at this is hilarious)

He is a pretty funny guy. And I loved how he would threaten Yu-Ra with marriage. "If you keep coming around here, we're going to end up married, okay? Isn't that scary? Get out of here."

I remain concerned with his anger management issues, but maybe Ji-An can scare him straight.

• Like 19
  • LOL 1

I get the preview now.

The only way to get her back, the only way for Lee Ji An to come back, is for him to open up about everything.

That's why he says "I'll get humiliated? People will talk about me behind my back? None of that is a big deal." He's telling Ji An that he's going to be all right, he's going to wipe the slate clean and even if the affair gets out it's fine, it's not like what she thought when she eavesdropped on him. He's fine that everyone knows the CEO was sleeping with his wife, she's safe because he's going to protect her, he's not going to let anyone hurt her, he's okay with all the stuff he said he wasn't okay about, as long as she comes back.

So Lee Ji An, WOULD YOU PLEASE COME BACK? I'll deal with it all. You'll be fine. You'll never have to worry about it again. As long as you come back.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

after watching My Mister ep 14, a few things come to this reader's mind:

1)  The camera keeps showing that the flowering plum trees are blooming as THE PAIR walk....winter has come to an end.  Will spring brings more joy and warmth than the depth of cold dark winter that just passed?

2) paraphrase:  When I'm in a bind the scar that I desperately tries to hide becomes my greatest weapon...eyeing the knives.  I always desperately hide that fact....but in a bind I end up bringing that up.   One who killed in the past could kill again.... I'll kill all the b....rds who mess with Park Dong Hoon!  .... echo from ep 13::: She's a person who killed someone. .... If you were her you would've done the same.  And I would have too....

3) did you fire her in the end?... what's with all of you?  why do you keep doing things I told you not to do? I warned you the last time didn't I?  Who'd want to work at a company like this?  You people going around digging up peoples' pasts and sullying their names!  Who'd want to work here!.....find her   go and find her!  I need to give her a permanent position... I can't sleep... I feel so bad. 

Echo from episode 13 interview:  this is a company!.... DO MACHINE WORK AT A COMPANY?!  NO!  HUMAN BEINGS WORK HERE!  There is no doubt who the Chairman would want to be director and eventually CEO... someone who think like him, who has humanity, who cares for people.

4)  Are people born in 1974 destined to have calamities this year?  The priest is meditating....good for you.

5) You were the first who was nice to me more than 4 times... to someone like me.. a person I like.  If I run into you by chance will we greet each other, acting like we're happy to see each other?

barely can speak "yeah".    choked up adams apple quivering "call me if your grandma passes away.  be sure to call me"......  choking up "I'll be hanging up now"... under the flowering plum tree blooms.'

6) How come you have not voted for the directorship yet?....  Let's vote today....

7 to 2 for Park Dong Hoon (3 rats including ceo's hand picked judge deserted the sinking ship)..... don't follow me let people think I cause this debacle... directory Yoon bowing at the closed ceo's door, the confused executive secretaries looking on.  Then CEO has to signed the directorship form with the name of his enemy Park Dong Hoon on it... his hand trembling...this is more painful than any punch.

7) caress cell phone, hesitates hesitates hesitates then:    Lee Ji-an...Lee Ji-an.... call me  (did not use the shi polite term).  tears run,  park dong hoon mouth opened suppressing his emotion.  If there is  a fly, it could have landed in it.....

• Like 16

Ep. 15 video preview:

Ji-An (crying): I did wrong...

Dong-Hoon: Do you know Lee Ji-An? She says she will never get caught. She will be on the run until the end.

Kwang-Il's friend (to Joon-Young): There are tons of recordings, including the phone-tapping of Park Dong-Hoon.

Yoon-Hee: Let's just tell everything. We can't let her continue to be on the run.

Dong-Hoon (to Ki-Bum): Call Lee Ji-An and tell her, "It's nothing."

Dong-Hoon (to Joon-Young): I'm going to be completely humiliated, and so are you. So be prepared.

Dong-Hoon (voice over): Being embarrassed? And people whispering that your life is ruined? It's all nothing.

Ji-An (crying): I really wanted Ahjusshi to be happy.

Dong-Hoon: I will be happy.

--

This may be the first time ever that a preview made me cry. They're often misleading so you take them with a grain of salt. But this one hit me hard.

So, speculation time:

Ji-An is crying as she's speaking to her ahjussi. She is saying that she is sorry, and she really wanted him to be happy. I think she is apologizing for tapping his phone and trying to get him fired before.

And he comforts her and says that it's okay, it doesn't matter, and he will be happy.

Thinking back to the long (3+ minutes) preview that they showed at the end of the clip show last week, he said:

Dong-Hoon: I will be happy. I can live happily. It's all right. I will be happy. I will be happy.

And I noted that I couldn't tell if he meant "I" or "you" or "we."

And now I'm realizing that he begins by saying "I" and it morphs into "we."

Squee.

• Like 17
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, justamom said:

I get the preview now.

The only way to get her back, the only way for Lee Ji An to come back, is for him to open up about everything.

That's why he says "I'll get humiliated? People will talk about me behind my back? None of that is a big deal." He's telling Ji An that he's going to be all right, he's going to wipe the slate clean and even if the affair gets out it's fine, it's not like what she thought when she eavesdropped on him. He's fine that everyone knows the CEO was sleeping with his wife, she's safe because he's going to protect her, he's not going to let anyone hurt her, he's okay with all the stuff he said he wasn't okay about, as long as she comes back.

So Lee Ji An, WOULD YOU PLEASE COME BACK? I'll deal with it all. You'll be fine. You'll never have to worry about it again. As long as you come back.

@justamom  What you said is dead on (no punt intended).  Now it's Ji-an turn to be scrupulous.  She knows who she is:  a nobody that people some time pity and throw their table scraps at her, a person whom (per her words) people like to joke about..at her expenses.   Who is she to be friend, or worse, be intimate mate of an up mobile director whom many admire.  She would be the anchor that drags on him, the clown that makes him the laughing joke, when he turns his back, the baggage that hinders his career... and she knows that he would probably try hard to correct the wrong in the company....

In this she can't help, so it would be better to hide some where and keeps monitoring him from the distance, an angel in the sky supporting him from afar.

So now the table is turned, and it is she who is reluctant to come back.   So Engineer Dong Hoon will have to convince her some how?  Maybe the auto-accident will be the catalyst.  Engineer Dong Hoon cannot stand to see her hurt and would come running.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

21 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Ep. 15 video preview:

Ji-An (crying): I apologize...

Dong-Hoon: Do you know Lee Ji-An? She says she will never get caught. She will be on the run until the end.

Kwang-Il's friend (to Joon-Young): There are tons of recordings, including the phone-tapping of Park Dong-Hoon.

Yoon-Hee: Let's just tell everything. We can't let her continue to be on the run.

Dong-Hoon (to Ki-Bum): Call Lee Ji-An and tell her, "It's nothing."

Dong-Hoon (to Joon-Young): I'm going to be completely humiliated, and so are you. So be prepared.

Dong-Hoon (voice over): Being embarrassed? And people whispering that your life is ruined? It's all nothing.

Ji-An (crying): I really wanted Ahjusshi to be happy.

Dong-Hoon: I will be happy.

--

This may be the first time ever that a preview made me cry. They're often misleading so you take them with a grain of salt. But this one hit me hard.

Ah. So that’s what they were saying. Hehehe. I shall hold off my tears until I get home and finally get to watch the subbed Ep14 in the privacy of my home. I can’t do it while on the commute. It would be so embarrasing! It’s bad enough that I can’t help but smile to myself everytime I see clips of them and read the posts on this forum. This drama has turned me into a loon! :D

• Like 8
  • LOL 6