[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

35 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Ah. So that’s what they were saying. Hehehe. I shall hold off my tears until I get home and finally get to watch the subbed Ep14 in the privacy of my home. I can’t do it while on the commute. It would be so embarrasing! It’s bad enough that I can’t help but smile to myself everytime I see clips of them and read the posts on this forum. This drama has turned me into a loon! :D

@akhenaten  too bad we don't have windshield wiper on our eyeballs when we're driving.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, mujay said:

:)desperate to know, what in the viewers mind now? The fact told us:

Their relationship is deeper than respected/to comfort between person whom have hard time.

Their live interwind in such longing soul destiny.

Could they accepted when at the end DH-Jian,  will end up together.

Or

still root for open ending, somehow they all make deal to clossed all the political chaos under chairman Jung intervesion, Jian get  schoolarship to study overseas.DH climb up to better position,YH file divorce.all character get reward healing at the end.

This is the viewers opinion, is it?

Well, I don't agree with JA getting scholarship and study overseas. That's a bit too much and illogical. While The President was touched by her words, she is just a temporary worker that he felt sorry for and wanted the most is to only offer her a permanent position. And what position can DH climb up to? CEO? No doubt, DH is an intelligent engineer, morally upright but I could not see him as a CEO. He is too rigid and rather passive and lacks that charisma to head a company. The rest of the possible ending speculated by the viewers are pretty much acceptable to me.

Spoiler

Congrats to you too. Sadly, my state is under the opposition government (BN) now. LOL. While I do understand the oppression experienced by Anwar, I am grateful that Tun M trying whatever left of his life to undo his wrongs. I hope our wish to see Anwar holding that position as our PM will materialize real soon. And like it or not, without Tun M lending his influence, this success could not have been possible. Let's us all pray for a better Malaysia. As for Najib --- good riddance. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tiger457_stv said:

after watching My Mister ep 14, a few things come to this reader's mind:

1)  The camera keeps showing that the flowering plum trees are blooming as THE PAIR walk....winter has come to an end.  Will spring brings more joy and warmth than the depth of cold dark winter that just passed?

2) paraphrase:  When I'm in a bind the scar that I desperately tries to hide becomes my greatest weapon...eyeing the knives.  I always desperately hide that fact....but in a bind I end up bringing that up.   One who killed in the past could kill again.... I'll kill all the b....rds who mess with Park Dong Hoon!  .... echo from ep 13::: She's a person who killed someone. .... If you were her you would've done the same.  And I would have too....

3) did you fire her in the end?... what's with all of you?  why do you keep doing things I told you not to do? I warned you the last time didn't I?  Who'd want to work at a company like this?  You people going around digging up peoples' pasts and sullying their names!  Who'd want to work here!.....find her   go and find her!  I need to give her a permanent position... I can't sleep... I feel so bad. 

Echo from episode 13 interview:  this is a company!.... DO MACHINE WORK AT A COMPANY?!  NO!  HUMAN BEINGS WORK HERE!  There is no doubt who the Chairman would want to be director and eventually CEO... someone who think like him, who has humanity, who cares for people.

4)  Are people born in 1974 destined to have calamities this year?  The priest is meditating....good for you.

5) You were the first who was nice to me more than 4 times... to someone like me.. a person I like.  If I run into you by chance will we greet each other, acting like we're happy to see each other?

barely can speak "yeah".    choked up adams apple quivering "call me if your grandma passes away.  be sure to call me"......  choking up "I'll be hanging up now"... under the flowering plum tree blooms.'

6) How come you have not voted for the directorship yet?....  Let's vote today....

7 to 2 for Park Dong Hoon (3 rats including ceo's hand picked judge deserted the sinking ship)..... don't follow me let people think I cause this debacle... directory Yoon bowing at the closed ceo's door, the confused executive secretaries looking on.  Then CEO has to signed the directorship form with the name of his enemy Park Dong Hoon on it... his hand trembling...this is more painful than any punch.

7) caress cell phone, hesitates hesitates hesitates then:    Lee Ji-an...Lee Ji-an.... call me  (did not use the shi polite term).  tears run,  park dong hoon mouth opened suppressing his emotion.  If there is  a fly, it could have landed in it.....

I like everything about your development. And yeah for the first time he called her by her name whithout the -ssi! I noticed that too...aaaah i have so many things to comment, to talk about but i dont know what to say, where to begin..i could talk about this drama a lifetime

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, danielassny said:

No doubt, DH is an intelligent engineer, morally upright but I could not see him as a CEO. He is too rigid and rather passive and lacks that charisma to head a company.

No, that guy who is the exec. director, he will be the CEO.

Image result for ì êµ­í 

It is amazing how many dramas this guy is in! His name is Jun Kuk-Hwan. This is his 3rd drama this year.

Image result for shin goo

Let's also give a hand to Shin Goo, the actor who plays the Chairman. Looks like he's been acting since before most of us were born. Amazing.

The Chairman does seem to like DH and does seem to value decent behavior over sneaky, dirty behavior. So I feel like what he will do is just give everyone who did bad things a good verbal spanking like a grumpy neighborhood grandpa.

And maybe wag his finger at Ji-An and say, "It's not nice to tap people's phones Young Lady! Don't do it again!"

And when people talk about sending anyone to jail, he'll just yell at them to knock it off already.

And maybe DH will finally go out to eat with him.

Maybe they'll eat tuna sushi and all his friends will be jealous.

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

Okey, as was posted previously.... that YH is the safest, more logical choice for DH to protect his reputation specially now that he's a Director. 

And it's going to be impossible anyway for DH to choose JiAn and keep his career as well.  :(

Realistically, it is really a difficult road for DH & JiAn, unless the society (at where they are) miraculously become open-minded on this relationship, if ever.

But that said, and even if DH & JiAn does not get together in the end... I still believe that DH has to separate/divorce from YH.  Getting divorce is a reality, it happens so I don't think being a divorcee will affect his standing as a Director.  They can be friends, they can be amicable for the sake of their son.  But that marriage is dead.  Staying in that dungeon, rotten hell just for reputation is not going to bring him any HEALING whatsoever.

• Like 14

5 hours ago, berny said:

Yeah... his voice was shaking so bad, his voice was struggling like it's painful for him to speak, and i didn't know men can sob...but he sounded like he was trying not to sob... geez... and would a man who they claim is just considering JiAn just like a dear sister, friend, react like that so emotionally like his soul is being torn apart???  what the...  :mellow:

I HAVE A QUESTION.......

To those who know the Korean language well.... 

The conversations of DH & JA.... are the conversations "informal"... like that very emotional phone conversation?

In Korea they have formal and informal/casual  way of conversing right?  Like formal speech towards people you just met, or when speaking to someone older, or your senior...

And then there's the informal way (i think they refer to it as "banmal") of talking between close friends already.

So how do DH & JA converse with each other?

DH talks informally to JA but adresses her as LJA-ssi  (Miss LJA) until the end of ep 14 when he calls her by her name! And LJA adresses him in a formal way unless she is angry andvthey are "fighting" then she use unformal speech. I think its actually important to study their speech to each other since it can make viewers understand their relationship better

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, filmstrip said:

If I could take that phone call scene and marry it, I so would.

If I could I want to be reincarnated as Park Dong Hoon's phone

(I'm sure I'm not the only one :wub:)

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

I cringed so badly when everyone started cheering for "Mrs Park".Even DH seems to be fine and happy by her presence.I think he's gonna endure it and stay with her.Although that's not the ending I wish for.

What is your feeling DH?

Why do you quiver so much speaking to Ji An?

Why are you feeling so lost when she left you?

I need answers...Damn ...!!!!

• Like 14

finally the wiretap reveal on ep 14.. 

cant wait for last 2 eps... 

wondering why suddenly bar girl hair got straightened during her depression?  does it mean she always make her hair curly after shower? 

she looks better with straight hair though, curly makes her looks older... :)

from ep 15 preview, theres a scene where DH visiting someone in jail, wonder who is it... probably JA friend.. ?

• Like 7

Watched the preview of episode 15 now...Am seeing where this is going.The big revelation happens.DH is fine with it as he isn't humiliated by what all happened.He divorces YH as both have come to an understanding that it's the end.Jian will be brought back to the neighborhood.Jung Hee moves on maybe finds someone.DH is happy..Ji an is happy doing whatever she wants as she has a whole neighborhood to cheer her on.But still the main question will their fates collide..?Will they end up together??

I wish they give us that...Please...We deserve it!!

• Like 11

You just can't argue with numbers.  I am surprised to hear that Pretty Noona's ratings have slowly declined, and here Ajusshi's numbers are actually rising every week.  So happy for the team!

Episode # Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen Ratings[17] TNmS Ratings[18]
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 21, 2018 3.923% 4.467% 4.6%
2 March 22, 2018 4.133% 4.786% 4.1%
3 March 28, 2018 3.373% 4.102% 3.9%
4 March 29, 2018 3.611% 3.851% 4.3%
5 April 4, 2018 3.936% 4.838% 3.7%
6 April 5, 2018 4.038% 4.468% 4.6%
7 April 11, 2018 4.487% 5.234% 4.7%
8 April 12, 2018 5.313% 5.671% 4.6%
9 April 18, 2018 4.803% 5.413% 3.8%
10 April 19, 2018 5.824% 6.472% 5.6%
11 April 25, 2018 4.965% 5.926% 4.6%
12 April 26, 2018 6.035% 6.572% 5.5%
13 May 9, 2018 5.635% 6.227% 5.3%
14 May 10, 2018 6.468% 7.374% 5.5%
15 May 16, 2018      
16 May 17, 2018      
Average % % %
Special
(Commentary)
May 3, 2018 3.187% 4.008% 3.0%
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 7

@sadiesmith -fist bump- I just convinced my Korean tutor, who was hooked on Pretty Noona, to switch to My Ahjussi instead.

Someone was asking if Dong Hoon cried. While rewatching the last 10 minutes—yes, he does! I didn’t notice the first time. When Do Joon Yeon insinuates that Dong Hoon and Ji An are worse than him and Yeon Hee. Dong Hoon has tears rolling down his cheeks! Oh my! I think it’s because he realized what she’s been doing and risking to stay by his side. Go watch it again on HD if you didn’t see it the first time like me!

• Like 20

Do you think DH knew about the wiretapping before he spoke into the phone last night?

I'm thinking he did....... I dunno why. Just thinking. 

The scene where he walks home with his brothers and talks about who JA is to him......

I'm thinking that he knew (no plausible explanation why), but yesterday, with the accelerated threats hanging over her, he spoke directly to her..... he HAD TO. 

I also noticed that when DH was singing in the bar, that's the loudest his voice has been the entire show! And JH has a strong and lovely voice!! 

I must give a bow to the writer.. She worked out the revelation in a way I did not feel insulted (she didnt  treat it lightly). 

IGWE!

That's a phrase from the Igbo nation for royalty.  We adopted the word in Kenya to show reverence for someone awesome. You say the word as you bow down to the person. ( more often in an informal setting)  Almost like the phrase "Bow Down" is used amongst African Americans.... MAXIMUM RESPECT! 

Perfect execution of such a crucial scene... I was stressed out when JA heard crying over the phone!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 18