[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

1 hour ago, Merrie Lin said:

by the way, am i the only one who cant stand the eng sub. so far Viki subs 1 ep per day T_T

Fair enough. @Merrie Lin you should try volunteering as subber, then! You would do great.

Many people rely on subs, so they cant do anything but accepting the translation as it is, but if you can change that and provide better translation, or share the missing nuances out of what was subbed, many non-speaker fans would appreciate that, I think. :wub:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

At least you are not alone in waiting, @visiopeia

Last time I was desperately waiting for new episode to air (it aired twice in a week), it was for W, and I spent the remaining days reading reviews, watching behind the scenes, and reading soompi forum. It is great to have an active forum! At least it made you feel less empty after the week's episode ends.

agreee :D

• LOL 1

18 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

Fair enough. @Merrie Lin you should try volunteering as subber, then! You would do great.

Many people rely on subs, so they cant do anything but accepting the translation as it is, but if you can change that and provide better translation, or share the missing nuances out of what was subbed, many non-speaker fans would appreciate that, I think. :wub:

i wish i could, but unfortunately i am indonesian chinese. i dont understand any word of chinese  :cold_sweat:  that's why i only can wait patiently for the eng sub. anyway, i saw in you tube that already up to ep 20 in viatnamese sub. kudos to them.

• Like 1

Hi, I am new to this thread. How often do they post the episodes? I started watching this drama and I was enjoying it when it went completely beserk. Has anyone here read the book? How does it end?  Thank you for your answer.

48 minutes ago, hell59 said:

Hi, I am new to this thread. How often do they post the episodes? I started watching this drama and I was enjoying it when it went completely beserk. Has anyone here read the book? How does it end?  Thank you for your answer.

As far as I know, the episodes are aired on Mondays and Thursdays, 2 episodes on each day. Or was it 4 episodes each day? I think someone on the thread said 4...so either 2 or 4 XD Need clarification.

Haven't read the novel myself, but do know of it's spoilers :

Spoiler

it has a sad ending

How big of a spoiler do you want? If you want to, can be more specific.

• Like 1

gosh!.. i'd been waiting for this series since last august.. almost over 6 months..

and then this stupid soompi platform change stopped me from commenting..

LOVING IT!!! this is this years's ashes loves frost :D:D  the guy i sgoing to get so much popular..

the story is tragic as hell and just so darn good. Thanks to pious souls, so many future scenes are on youtube. When the obsession will start, it is going to be delicious.

PS: second lead is really handsome. Has he appeared on any other show?

Ahdu' is love.. pure honest innocent love.. if i were a guy in the drama, i'd be wooing her.. and princess is lucky to have her.. she is wonderful

• Like 2

12 hours ago, marinated_lemon said:
  Hide contents

@Merrie Lin

Gu Xiao Wu / Li Cheng Yin 's mother was killed by the queen.

First crown prince was killed by second prince (Xuande) masking as Danchi Tribe.

Gu Jian is LCY cousin (making it plausible for him to aim at toppling down the queen too, who is killing his aunt, and perhaps wiping out his family). He is also XF 's master/teacher. He didnt kill anyone but he did open the gate for LCY to use XF to kill off Danchi tribe. He was from eastern palace. His family was wiped out (about who wiped out his family and why he has part in destroying Danchi tribe is something I fastforward as well. Huhuhu...sorryyyy) and he seek protection to western palace's concubine (the one XF dad cherished. She was from eastern palace. This happened when was little. Hence, he has known XF since forever. He grew to love her but notice the difference between them (teacher-student, eastern-western) so he keeps this for himself UNTIL XF has no surviving family to rely on and enters tigers cafe (eastern palace, with LCY around)

also i think in the book, princess hasbeen hearing stories about men so amazing at sword skills that they can kill hundreds of people from far away by splitting their sword.

We haven't been shown why no one wants to fight gu jian , including 5th prince with sword :) i think he is one of those guys :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hell59 said:

Depends on where u r watching, it's 1 epi eveyday on regular showing like youtube etc while it's 4 epis on mondays and thursdays special.  

I haven't read the novel after seeing translation wasn't complete only bits here and there but continue with this thread and u may see a few novel spoilers once in a while by our novel friends here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rouzmary said:

As far as I know, the episodes are aired on Mondays and Thursdays, 2 episodes on each day. Or was it 4 episodes each day? I think someone on the thread said 4...so either 2 or 4 XD Need clarification.

Haven't read the novel myself, but do know of it's spoilers :

Hide contents

it has a sad ending

How big of a spoiler do you want? If you want to, can be more specific.

I knew that it would be a sad ending, very typical of C-dramas. But this one is off the charts. The leading man killed all her family so I didn't think there would be forgiveness at the end. It is too bad that the writing or adaptation of the novel turned out to be so bad. I am having a hard time following the story. The editing seems extremely poor.

5 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Depends on where u r watching, it's 1 epi eveyday on regular showing like youtube etc while it's 4 epis on mondays and thursdays special.  

I haven't read the novel after seeing translation wasn't complete only bits here and there but continue with this thread and u may see a few novel spoilers once in a while by our novel friends here.

Thank you!

21 hours ago, marinated_lemon said:

It has just posted ep 17-20 on most sites, but unsubbed yet. They usually sub it one by one.

YT has parts of ep 21-25. I know it is not enough. But it enables us to hope that there are more eps to come perhaps after ep 20 is subbed. I wonder whats in store for ep 25-52. More tears, perhaps, as LCY gains more power?

The wait is killing me too. Let's persevere.

Here is a site that has the raw video up to eps 24. Enjoy

http://dramas.biz/cn190214b/21.html

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Merrie Lin said:

Is this true?

Producers working to release a second ending for Goodbye My Princess.
https://twitter.com/CEntNews1/status/1100676225406664704

I heard this too few days ago, but the reaction is somewhat leaning towards sticking to the book, because LCY is such a j*rk for making XF gone in such way.

I really want a happy ending because these two looks good and happy together (without the politics), but..*sigh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marinated_lemon said:

I heard this too few days ago, but the reaction is somewhat leaning towards sticking to the book, because LCY is such a j*rk for making XF gone in such way.

I really want a happy ending because these two looks good and happy together (without the politics), but..*sigh

yes, his love madness towards her makes him becoming ultimate j*rk, but i am at your side, i  want a HE too, but i can't find any other nice HE that make sense :cold_sweat:  unless he commit suicide and follow her to other world, but we know he wouldn't

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, chengdy said:

Is it really a tragic ending? 

I laugh, I cried but still loving this couple. Li Chengyin. Xiaofeng.

Chen Xing Xue.. 

It most definitely will be tragic, probably, if they stick to novel.

As for the 2 endings - I had also heard of it. One will  follow the novel with it's tragic one, but the other one...really can't think of how that will be, hard to imagine it being happy with all the betrayal Chengyin has done to Xiaofeng ...unless they both forget everything again and go live somewhere far away? lolz

• Like 3

From the preview, Omg!!! Did he marry both the girls at the same time??:scream:.  I think XF refuses to sleep with him and the pot which she breaks does it contain the wedding wine?  She hands it over to Sese for her wedding night, is it?   Can somebody clarify please?  I shouldn't have started this, now it's waiting time till monday:frown:

Edit: omg!!!! His voice is so manly?  Did he use his original voice for the drama? Can somebody tell briefly what he is saying in this video?

Cr: uploader

But for an antogonist ML he has done really well and gaining lot of attention.  Even though his character is villianous, I am getting used to liking Li(ke) Chengyin.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1