[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

It's so interesting how they're changing the story so we see what happens in the time before Li Cheng Yin and Xiao Feng get married. The two big things are probably:

• Li Cheng Yin has to do a bunch more scheming to topple the crown prince and get that title for himself
  • Li Cheng Yin and Xiao Feng fall in love before they get married (but she learns about the massacre of her tribe and his role in it before the wedding, so they still start the marriage in a bad place)

I think Xiao Feng might experience more trauma in the drama than she does in the novel.. she goes from falling in love with Li Cheng Ying --> realizing he led (or at least fought) in the battles that resulted in the death of her family and tribes --> remembering that he was Gu Xiao Wu and betrayed her, and that she was the reason why he was able to carry out those terrible plans successfully. There's an extra layer of trauma when she goes from thinking, "I can't love him because his people killed my people," to "oooooh shoot he lied to me and used me and together we caused the death of everyone I've ever loved." 

I looked up the epilogue of the novel (it's only available in Chinese and hasn't been translated yet) because I was mad at Lin Cheng Yin and wanted to read about his suffering. But in general it just made me sadder about the whole story. SMH. 

Edited by ohLIME
Spoiler tag!
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

The plot is awfully  somewhat similar to 10mopb... anyone have same thoughts? 

While, in one of the previous page post @lynne22 posted similar gifs of both this drama and 10mopb.  Just this part is similar.  Martyring the FL 's family and sad ending are different.  Whatyasay!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

While, in one of the previous page post @lynne22 posted similar gifs of both this drama and 10mopb.  Just this part is similar.  Martyring the FL 's family and sad ending are different.  Whatyasay!!!!

I don't know if I want to start this drama but the male lead is so bad and good looking ;p

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

I don't know if I want to start this drama but the male lead is so bad and good looking ;p

Lol..yeah, all bcos he's such a good looking jerk had me kept on watching :D

Goodbye my princess leads..Peng Xiaoran andCheng Xingxu

D0GTPboUcAENg38.jpg

D0GTPbpVsAAWxy-.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I somehow want to convince you to watch this drama with us.  Did u read the review I posted by cnews blog.  I 'll give just an excerpt from that post.

"Why did I start watching this?
Because the two leads have adorable chemistry! I don’t know much about both Peng Xiao Ran and Chen Xing Xu because they’re still relatively new to the C-drama industry, but they are both rocking it so far in this drama. They’re not totally into each other yet, but their interactions are cute. Peng Xiao Ran is beautiful as Princess Xiao Feng of Western Liang. And Chen Xing Xu is doing a good job at being the elegant, but childish 5th Prince, Li Cheng Yin. Chen Xing Xu might not be the best good looking C-actor, but I honestly think he’s super handsome as Li Cheng Yin. They styled him really well in this drama! He’s definitely much more handsome and dashing in this drama than as Yang Kang from Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017."

And look  at the pics @jewelsc has posted, aren't they adorable??????

Tks for the pic.  They r so cute.  

1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:

i just started watched this drama, does someone can tell me is this drama good to watch??? because i see the main leads are beautiful and handsome..lol:joy:

Just watch it... you will get hook up like most of us here ... trust me... just watch it .. :joy:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

Just watch it... you will get hook up like most of us here ... trust me... just watch it .. :joy:

41 minutes ago, vlvl1 said:

Watch it. Haha

tq...lol... i'm watching it now...

Spoiler

i love their kiss scene when xiao wu catched fireflies for xiao feng and then xiaowu look at xiaofeng, maybe look she is so beautiful and suddenly kiss her... so sweet:P

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, marinated_lemon said:

Do they usually follow the novel, or is there any chance they deviate from the novel?

Usually very few drama adaptations stick 100% to the novel. But they keep the basic plot of the novel....or at least try to keep it. Hopefully the writers for this drama will not change anything major. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, ohLIME said:

I looked up the epilogue of the novel (it's only available in Chinese and hasn't been translated yet) because I was mad at Lin Cheng Yin and wanted to read about his suffering. But in general it just made me sadder about the whole story. SMH.

Mind spoiling... I want to know too.. 

In the trailer, there is a part where XF shouts out Gu Xiao Wu's name. Does XF already remember at this stage? 

Spoiler

I really hope that in this version... the male lead does not have until the very end to remember the female lead. I hope that Gu Xiao Wu will get one last chance to share a conversation at least with Xiao Feng before she commits suicide. Since it looks like in the novel, he doesn't remember until the very very end when it was too late. Cause then... I think it will be too heartwrenching... we all know he doesn't deserve her but... it's heartbreaking...he accompany Xiao Feng to forget but in the end, he ends up forgetting until the very end and she gets to remember. Fate surely loved to play with them.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2019 at 4:18 PM, ohLIME said:

It's so interesting how they're changing the story so we see what happens in the time before Li Cheng Yin and Xiao Feng get married. The two big things are probably:

• Li Cheng Yin has to do a bunch more scheming to topple the crown prince and get that title for himself
  • Li Cheng Yin and Xiao Feng fall in love before they get married (but she learns about the massacre of her tribe and his role in it before the wedding, so they still start the marriage in a bad place)

Reveal hidden contents

I think Xiao Feng might experience more trauma in the drama than she does in the novel.. she goes from falling in love with Li Cheng Ying --> realizing he led (or at least fought) in the battles that resulted in the death of her family and tribes --> remembering that he was Gu Xiao Wu and betrayed her, and that she was the reason why he was able to carry out those terrible plans successfully. There's an extra layer of trauma when she goes from thinking, "I can't love him because his people killed my people," to "oooooh shoot he lied to me and used me and together we caused the death of everyone I've ever loved." 

omg there's an epilogue?? do you think you could give a short summary of it?

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 12:53 AM, pad-hari said:

New character posters for Goodbye My Princess

cr:cnews devotee

nice pics...:thumbsup:

Spoiler

After arriving in episode 8, I felt like the teacher Xiao Feng also loved Xiaofeng, and maybe all this time he really loved her just didn't dare to express it, seeing from the story, would on the last , her teacher will change to be an antogonist because he jealously  xiaofeng with Xiaowu?

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Xinertia said:

anyone knows the novel name ? is it translated , available on the internet ? where can i access it ?hahahah

Google Eastern Palace for the novel but it’s only translated up to ch.25.

• Like 1

just finish watching ep 20, i can see that he has start to have feeling on her... i think they fall deeply in love till she regain her memory.. gosh.. that time will be very hurt to watch it.. as she will love and hate him as well... 

OMG! i just downloaded the whole ost... it is very nice OST~~~ 

• Like 3

Spoiler

omg..so tragic for  danchi tribe was killed during the marriage party xiaowu and xiao feng, I want to ask whether when married xiaowu really love xiaofeng ??? I have  thought xiao wu quite cruel to marry Xiaofeng but must revenge kill Xiaofeng family too, it hurts for Xiaofeng if she knows indirectly she manipulated xiaowu in terms of feelings to enter the danchi area and avenge the death of brother Xiaowu, even though the danchi tribe killed his brother,but  however, as xiaofeng, would be very painful if she knew she carrying the man she loved with her and that caused the death of her tribe.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, clawedzip said:

omg there's an epilogue?? do you think you could give a short summary of it?

Sure! My Chinese is grade school level so I might miss some of the nuances, but here’s the gist of it.

The epilogue is told from the perspective of General Pei Zhao’s son (the dude with the stern eyebrows who’s basically Li Cheng Yin’s right hand man). He grows up with the crown prince, Li Cheng Yin’s only son. It’s implied that Li Cheng Yin doesn’t care much for procreating or spending time with his concubines after Xiao Feng’s death. He’s a fantastic emperor, and the kingdom is in a period of great prosperity, but he’s very cold— even to his only son. 

One of the random concubines eventually gives birth to a daughter (the concubine dies in child birth so there’s not much about her), and Princess Chao Yang becomes the center of Li Cheng Yin’s world and his only source of real happiness. And then, she dies. The epilogue doesn’t really describe how, though it might have just been poor health. The important thing is what this death does to Li Cheng Yin. His hair goes white overnight and his health deteriorates rapidly. Eventually, an aging Pei Zhao visits Li Cheng Yin, and their conversation sheds light on how Li Cheng Yin’s been coping with the loss of Xiao Feng. He’s lied to himself the whole time, willing himself to believe that she ran away back to Western Liang. Rather than believe she died, he insists, “She fooled all of us— she just left, that’s all.” In this alternate version of reality, Li Cheng Yin also convinced himself that Princess Chao Yang was his and Xiao Feng’s daughter, which is why he doted on her so much. The saddest part is that the princess didn’t even look all that similar to Xiao Feng; Li Cheng Yin’s longing was so strong that he willed himself to see things that way. 

So in the end, he never forgets Xiao Feng, and never stops suffering from losing her. He sees his kingdom flourish, but lost all hope for real companionship and happiness when he lost Xiao Feng. It’s the ending he deserves, but it’s also just.. so tragic. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2