[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

6 hours ago, joyceedreamer said:

Anyone who have read the novel, could you please spoil it? I really want to know what happens...

Hide contents

Looks like both are going to have amnesia... wonder who is going to remember first... overall, I want to know what happens so I can prepare for this heartbreak. 

Here is a link for some spoilers from a blog. She explained some scenes on each page and ending.

http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/post/24595824421/review-of-eastern-palace-and-scene-translation-an#axzz5fjTNrrvq

Also, if you google “Eastern palace novel”, u will get the novel translated in English but it’s not finished. But, at least u get some info.

Spoiler

She will remember first after she runs a fever so bring out the tissue bez that is the start of everything going down hill. 

He won’t remember until the very end and that’s when he knows that she has always loved him and only him. Damn, such a tragic love story. They were never met for each even though they loved each other. :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

After reading the spoilers, it seems the male lead is a jerk lol. So my take to the spoilers, the girl jumped to the river because the guy betrayed her and he followed her, that’s already tragic, but then they survived, met again, rewind the romance and at the end she jump off the wall without him followed her. The story has double tragic lol, i better watch after it finished 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, mizkorea said:
  Hide contents

I wonder why she didn't kill him after all that he has done to her family? 

Spoiler

I assume because she loves him and after she was betrayed her only wish was to get away from him

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, 12blbl said:
  Hide contents

After reading the spoilers, it seems the male lead is a jerk lol. So my take to the spoilers, the girl jumped to the river because the guy betrayed her and he followed her, that’s already tragic, but then they survived, met again, rewind the romance and at the end she jump off the wall without him followed her. The story has double tragic lol, i better watch after it finished 

I don't think she jumped in the river to kill herself. The river she jumped into was a very special river. Drinking the water from that river makes you forget your pain and your regrets. I'm not sure about the details though. I'm guessing you forget what you want to forget and remember everything else. Like similar to Bai Qian drinking that wine ZheYan made to forget YeHua in TMOPB.

Book ending spoiler....don't open if you don't wanna know.

Spoiler

And at the end he did try to jump after her...but his guards grabbed him and held him back. If I remember right when she was falling down, she smiled and called him GXW and told him she wanted to forget him for an eternity....thats when he remembered everything.

3 hours ago, mizkorea said:
  Hide contents

I wonder why she didn't kill him after all that he has done to her family? 

Because she felt guilty? Maybe she thought more than him she was the one responsible for her family's end. She was the one who brought him into her family which then caused their destruction. After she forgot him she had no reason to kill him, she even fell for him all over again. And after she remembered everything she was too powerless, heartbroken and in pain that she just wanted to leave the palace and go back to her home.

Book spoiler....don't open if you don't wanna know.

Spoiler

In the book, the night she escaped from him, she did try to cut his throat after she drugged him. But after just barely cutting through his skin, she started crying and couldn't do it.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, 12blbl said:
  Hide contents

Well in the novel in the very end she jumped off a cliff to die and he wanted to go after her but his soldiers were holding him back that’s why. 

But, I do agree he was a jerk in the novel but the drama as of the first 8 eps they made his character seem better. You can see why he did it for revenge for his brother death and he thought those people were cruel to the Han people. Just my thought. Lol

• Like 4

I already know this will be a heartbreaking mess but still excited to watch this. 

2 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

Well in the novel in the very end she jumped off a cliff to die and he wanted to go after her but his soldiers were holding him back that’s why. 

But, I do agree he was a jerk in the novel but the drama as of the first 8 eps they made his character seem better. You can see why he did it for revenge for his brother death and he thought those people were cruel to the Han people. Just my thought. Lol

Spoiler

So she died at the end???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

I don't like how they are justifying his actions, just because he's the main lead. I think he'd be a better character and a layered one with all his flaws with no excuses given. Not everyone has to be a good hearted person. He suffered a great loss and he became ruthless to take his revenge. Giving him a good reason will not make what he did to innocent Xiao Feng and her family, forgivable. 

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I already know this will be a heartbreaking mess but still excited to watch this. 

Hide contents

Hey there, you are watching this too? I'm waiting for subs and will marathon this after it reaches halfway. Til then I'll marathon last 5 epis of Minglan that I've still to watch.

And to answer your question,

Spoiler

Yes she does. She kills herself coz that was her only way out.....and the best way to take revenge on him.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, she dies by stabbing herself after jumping off the cliff. ADu cushion her fall so she didn’t die from the fall but as a result ADu is dying. That’s why she stab herself wishing to go back home. So sad.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished Minglan and couldn't get into Hua Bu Qi or the new Queen Dugu-- thank goodness this adaptation of Eastern Palace is turning out to be pretty good!

I'm still on the fence about how the drama is changing some of the characters/storyline. The novel was unapologetically dark and twisty and was all the more memorable for it, but man, what a sad ride. It'd take a really solid cast to bring the book's characters to life and at the end of the day, what we have here are promising young actors with pretty faces and a decent start to their careers. Not sure if they could pull off the original novel. So I'm actually OK with the story being less dark? Especially if it means Xiao Feng has a few more moments of happiness than in the original story.. she's up there on the "Tragic Female Leads" list. 

I finished all 8 episodes that are out so far this weekend and saw this comment on Bilibili that's a pretty good plot summary: 

"喜(西凉相遇相爱)——悲(灭族忘川互忘)——不悲不喜(重逢不知)——喜(逐渐相爱)——悲(恢复记忆)——悲(身边团灭,自杀)"

Translated: "Happy (Meeting in Western Liang, falling in love) -- Sad (Tribal massacre, forgetting each other) -- Not happy or sad (Meeting again but without memories of each other) -- Happy (Gradually falling in love) -- Sad (Xiao Feng recovers her memories) -- Sad (Everyone around Xiao Feng dies, she commits suicide)" 

There's also this interesting clip that suggests the drama's going to end in a similar way to the novel. Xiao Feng first tries to jump to her death, but her maid A Du sacrifices herself and breaks Xiao Feng's fall. Xiao Feng then takes off from the palace and has a final confrontation with Li Cheng Yin where she cuts her own throat with A Du's sword. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av43646290?from=search&seid=3372972907375737847

In one of the trailers / clips you can also hear Xiao Feng's voice over saying, "I've decided to give up/forgive myself, and to forgive you".. which would also be a much nicer spin than in the novel, where you could definitely say she's killing herself as the one sure way to escape Li Cheng Yin and punish him for everything. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ohLIME said:

Xiao Feng then takes off from the palace and has a final confrontation with Li Cheng Yin where she cuts her own throat with A Du's sword. 

Is this when he will recover his sweet memories with her and remember everything ?

Thanks for the summary:love:

It's good to watch a drama knowing that it's not a HEA unlike otherwise:tounge_wink::joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Is this when he will recover his sweet memories with her and remember everything ?

Thanks for the summary:love:

It's good to watch a drama knowing that it's not a HEA unlike otherwise:tounge_wink::joy:

Yep! 

Before that moment Li Cheng Yin has no idea he's Gu Xiao Wu, and spends most of his time being jealous of this person that Xiao Feng loves. He thinks Gu Xiao Wu is Gu Jian (Xiao Feng's shi fu who comes back to the Central Plains with our two leads and is quietly watching over Xiao Feng three years later). 

I'm hoping there's extra scenes of Xiao Feng and Li Cheng Yin falling in love again, since the trailer and MVs seem to show snowball fights and other sweet moments that aren't in the book? If they're going to milk 50+ episodes from a ~40 chapter book, they better fill it with happy moments for Xiao Feng! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, dito said:

I don't like how they are justifying his actions, just because he's the main lead. I think he'd be a better character and a layered one with all his flaws with no excuses given. Not everyone has to be a good hearted person. He suffered a great loss and he became ruthless to take his revenge. Giving him a good reason will not make what he did to innocent Xiao Feng and her family, forgivable. 

Hey there, you are watching this too? I'm waiting for subs and will marathon this after it reaches halfway. Til then I'll marathon last 5 epis of Minglan that I've still to watch.

And to answer your question,

Reveal hidden contents

Yes she does. She kills herself coz that was her only way out.....and the best way to take revenge on him.

Spoiler

Even though i hate sad ending's ill most likely still watch this and i check out pretty much all Chinese drama's ill watch it when subbed also. 

17 hours ago, ohLIME said:

Just finished Minglan and couldn't get into Hua Bu Qi or the new Queen Dugu-- thank goodness this adaptation of Eastern Palace is turning out to be pretty good!

I'm still on the fence about how the drama is changing some of the characters/storyline. The novel was unapologetically dark and twisty and was all the more memorable for it, but man, what a sad ride. It'd take a really solid cast to bring the book's characters to life and at the end of the day, what we have here are promising young actors with pretty faces and a decent start to their careers. Not sure if they could pull off the original novel. So I'm actually OK with the story being less dark? Especially if it means Xiao Feng has a few more moments of happiness than in the original story.. she's up there on the "Tragic Female Leads" list. 

I finished all 8 episodes that are out so far this weekend and saw this comment on Bilibili that's a pretty good plot summary: 

Hide contents

"喜(西凉相遇相爱)——悲(灭族忘川互忘)——不悲不喜(重逢不知)——喜(逐渐相爱)——悲(恢复记忆)——悲(身边团灭,自杀)"

Translated: "Happy (Meeting in Western Liang, falling in love) -- Sad (Tribal massacre, forgetting each other) -- Not happy or sad (Meeting again but without memories of each other) -- Happy (Gradually falling in love) -- Sad (Xiao Feng recovers her memories) -- Sad (Everyone around Xiao Feng dies, she commits suicide)" 

There's also this interesting clip that suggests the drama's going to end in a similar way to the novel. Xiao Feng first tries to jump to her death, but her maid A Du sacrifices herself and breaks Xiao Feng's fall. Xiao Feng then takes off from the palace and has a final confrontation with Li Cheng Yin where she cuts her own throat with A Du's sword. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av43646290?from=search&seid=3372972907375737847

In one of the trailers / clips you can also hear Xiao Feng's voice over saying, "I've decided to give up/forgive myself, and to forgive you".. which would also be a much nicer spin than in the novel, where you could definitely say she's killing herself as the one sure way to escape Li Cheng Yin and punish him for everything. 

Yeah maybe they will change it up ;p 

• Like 1

Watch12 epis so far and...

Spoiler

Li Cheng Yin/Gu Xiao Wu is so despicable, ugh can't stand him :crazy:, he claimed that he would do anything for Xiao Feng and when she asked him to kill shifu, he couldn't kill a member of his family for her and yet he would kill all her ppl, her family and relatives without the bat of an eye, the bastard!!

• Like 1

ep 10 really makes me burst into tears... seeing her loves one died... the part she tries to jump off the cliff makes me cries as well ... even though i ady know the ending (hahahaha thanks to the spoiler) .. i still want to continue watch it... let's cry together!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, visiopeia said:

ep 10 really makes me burst into tears... seeing her loves one died... the part she tries to jump off the cliff makes me cries as well ... even though i ady know the ending (hahahaha thanks to the spoiler) .. i still want to continue watch it... let's cry together!

Yes, let’s cry together. But, I hope they have lots of lovely dovely scenes before she remembers then we can cry again. Lol

• Like 3