[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

Song Seung Hun compares his 'Black' grim reaper character to Lee Dong Wook's in 'Goblin' 

song-seung-hun
Song Seung Hun opened up about playing the role of a grim reaper at the October 11th press conference of the upcoming OCN drama 'Black'.

On his first time playing a dark character like an angel of death, Song Seung Hun expressed, "At first I felt like, 'What is this?' I was very confused. There was difficulty playing the role of an angel of death who has no human emotions."

When he was asked to compare his role to Lee Dong Wook's paranormal character in the hit drama 'Goblin', he said, "There can't help but be a comparison because they're both grim reaper characters. If you're curious, that question will be resolved in the first episode. It's different than 'Goblin' in that it's a different genre working with different material."

'Black', also starring Go Ara, premieres on October 14.

kpop.com/article/2017/10/song-seung-hun-compares-his-black-grim-reaper-character-to-lee-dong-wooks-goblin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the long preivew   finally here :heart:

wow that powerfull i was waiting for this feeling from this drama i guess i wasn't wrong after all

it dark , funny, intersting , nice and so many feeling i was like so into BLACK dark feeling and then get so  warm feeling from the detective nice acting and warm heart and after that so in feeling the pain of   Kang Ha Ram but i start smile seeing the funny BLACK and HA RAM 

but in the end i didn't get the important part what  BLACK want from her i get that she will agree to save someone but what he want from her !!!! i guess i can wait to know

but something bother me IS he was really the doctor lover ?? I THINK there was problem between them before he get shot  maybe it has something to do with the secret the doctor has like what was written in her character plot but i will wait to know since i am so into this story now 

Annyeong everyone :lol:

Hi @bebebisous33 chingu, I'm here too. Wow today I'm on a thread spree :tongue:.

The trailer looks interesting and this is another side of Go Ara's that I want to see even though she's no longer with SME, I still want to support her. Of course there's Song Seung Hoon whom I like since Autumn in My Heart. Will park in here once the drama starts. Yeah!!!

Hello.

I'm new to Soompi forums. :) Well, I used to just lurk here but decided to make an account in order to participate in the discussion of this drama. I'm also looking forward to Black. I'm actually a Kim Dongjun fan so I've been following the updates of this drama. The trailers are so far all interesting and I like that the overall atmosphere of the drama is dark and gritty. I know there's supposed to be a romance but since this is OCN so I'm more looking forward to the thriller aspect of it.

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nona88 crazy monkeyThanks for posting the long preview!!cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532 It convinced even more to watch it. I believe that the grim reaper convinced her to use her gift to save people and consider it as something positive.

Hi dear 

I think the one who tell her it a good things is the detective  not the grim reaper since the later will not see it a good things to mess with the heaven rules and save people who should die 

( wow I am talking about two different people and I have to keep doing that even when they in the same body :joy:)

I think the  grim reaper want something also from her something to help him with his work more then helping other 

But I   can wait to know the true that so interesting they had the same face even before he take his body that mean there some secret here 

By the way for HR the detective was important and someone she trusted and like him that how much she calling him " oppa" I guess we was right he going to be the person who helped her out from her hidden and lonely life so it will be hard on her dealing with the new owner on his body 

27 minutes ago, nona88 said:

I think the  grim reaper want something also from her something to help him with his work more then helping other 

But I   can wait to know the true that so interesting they had the same face even before he take his body that mean there some secret here 

Hope they will explain why the detective and the Grim Reaper have the same face. I did not think about this until now.  Maybe the Grim Reaper takes any form they want and he chose to look like that handsome man. After the detective died, he took the body.  Very convenient for him. :lol:  Or really there is a story behind that coincidence.  

@larus@bebebisous33@nona88 I'm confused. SSH will play the grim reaper but for detective Black....it will be Kim Dong Joon?

Finally another OCN drama. I'll be here.  I want some crime action psycho thriller mystery drama. This fantasy one will do. It involves detectives and crime and chase and action and mystery thrill. Genre I like. Thanks for all updates. See ya you all later. I'm likely going to watch the raw. But hard to LS.. OCN.

40 minutes ago, jongski said:

I'm confused. SSH will play the grim reaper but for detective Black....it will be Kim Dong Joon?

Kim Dong Joon is not the detective. He plays a second-generation chaebol named Oh Man Soo. 

Song Seung Heon plays Black/ Grim Reaper. It seams that the detective has the same face as Grim Reaper "Black". :D But we have to wait and see how things will unfold.

What is the name of the detective? If nobody knows that Grim Reaper is in the detective`s body, it is logical that he will be called by the name of the detective. So, the detective is called Black (something in Korean similar with Black)?   I was confused from the beginning about the names.  :lol:

2 hours ago, larus said:
3 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm confused. SSH will play the grim reaper but for detective Black....it will be Kim Dong Joon?

Kim Dong Joon is not the detective. He plays a second-generation chaebol named Oh Man Soo. 

Song Seung Heon plays Black/ Grim Reaper. It seams that the detective has the same face as Grim Reaper "Black". :D But we have to wait and see how things will unfold.

What is the name of the detective? If nobody knows that Grim Reaper is in the detective`s body, it is logical that he will be called by the name of the detective. So, the detective is called Black (something in Korean similar with Black)?   I was confused from the beginning about the names.  :lol:

YEH if he take his body they should call him with the detective name and they will do but as much as i readed before cause he will keep wearing black cloth after he take his body and that a big difference from the the  old cheerful detective so  they going to give him the nickname "BLACK "  and start calling him like that  . but we will wait to know more about how that  will happen

about the detective name it  will be Han Moo-gang  , so yes they have the same face and it the same actor for both charcters before and after the grim reaper take the detective body  -Song Seung Heon will play the two charcters  - it intersting 

5 hours ago, larus said:

Hope they will explain why the detective and the Grim Reaper have the same face. I did not think about this until now.  Maybe the Grim Reaper takes any form they want and he chose to look like that handsome man. After the detective died, he took the body.  Very convenient for him. :lol:  Or really there is a story behind that coincidence

that funny the grim reaper who  can take any look so right why not taken a handsome man face!!!! :joy:

there sure a reason for that we will see what it will be 

i was wondering before if the detective really was in coma and then become a grim reaper will he was in coma and after wake up in his body he didn't remember who he was ( i know so crazy after all not anyone become a grim reaper like that)

but now i start to think did the grime reaper take the detective body on his own choice or was forced to live in his body ??? and if he really choice that did he force his way?  on or did he made a deal with the real detective ??? the scene where the two  were talking and the detective is asking " who are you " he was in the same cloth and blood on his head like it was happening right  after he was shoot with gun --  so did he make a deal to keep living ??? or something wrong  happen when the grim reaper come to take his soul????

Nam Tae Hyun To Sing Main Theme Song Of Grim Reaper Drama “Black”

Nam-Tae-Hyun-e1507871082457.jpg

Nam Tae Hyun will be singing an OST for OCN’s new weekend drama “Black”!

On October 13, it was announced that the singer will be lending his voice to the drama’s very first OST. The title of the track is “Take Me Out,” and it will be the main theme song of “Black.”

The lyrics of “Take Me Out” will express the concept of mortal suffering between life and death, and the track will have a strong yet dreamlike sound. It will be released through various music sites on October 15 at noon KST.

Meanwhile, the drama “Black” is about a grim reaper named Black (Song Seung Heon), who has possessed a human’s body, and a woman named Kang Ha Ram (Go Ara), who can see the shadows of death, breaking the rules of heaven and fighting to save people’s lives. It will be airing its first episode on October 14 at 10:20 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/12/nam-tae-hyun-sing-main-theme-song-grim-reaper-drama-black/

Archived