[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

He is telling indirectly her about his feelings for her. He outlines that if she keeps doing dangerous things, he will have to help her. Indirectly, he shows that he might do anything for her, even endanger his own position. That's why he asked her to stop before and to act like a noblewoman. In the end, he indicates he doesn't know how far he is willing to go, he wonders how much he loves her which he can not control. This is what worries him as he has never experienced such a thing.

Well, he is showing her what this “love” thing is about.  Hope Ae Shin is taking notes! :D

@USAFarmgirl  Kudos to Ae Shin for not wanting to be regarded as pretty flowers to be displayed and show off by Hee Sung.  He thinks he’s complimenting her beauty but it shows little does he knows about her.  He sees women are creatures for amusement and no substance.  Hee Sung is a disappointing character  at this point.  I’m hoping he will change as the drama progresses.

@122am when do you rhink EC will answer the question of where is he from? :P

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Well, he is showing her what this “love” thing is about.  Hope Ae Shin is taking notes! :D

@USAFarmgirl  Kudos to Ae Shin for not wanting to be regarded as pretty flowers to be displayed and show off by Hee Sung.  He thinks he’s complimenting her beauty but it shows little does he knows about her.  He sees women are creatures for amusement and no substance.  Hee Sung is a disappointing character  at this point.  I’m hoping he will change as the drama progresses.

@122am when do you rhink EC will answer the question of where is he from? :P

KHS is indeed a superficial and selfish man. He is not interested in politics at all. What caught my attention was the contrast between him and GDM and EC. The latter were forced to leave Joseon, while the gentleman did it on his own accord. Besides, GDM and EC have been haunted by their past therefore they saw time as something precious. They needed time and power to get back to Joseon and get revenge or to humiliate those who were responsible for their misery. On the other hand, HS left Joseon for the opposite reasons: he already had power and he had all the time in the world ... Nothing was pressuring him. I think it striking that after his return to Joseon, he pawned his clock given by his grandfather. To me, this symbolic gesture is important. Now, he has lost the time. Because of the time, his fiance forgot him. You can see the contrast with GDM and EC here. They were not forgotten. Now, HS is realizing that time was precious. He actually wasted his time for nothing. The question is: will he lose power as well? He is not realizing that his family might lose in the long term, when Japan take over Joseon. Or will he side with Japan in order to maintain his social status? 

He is a womanizer and a gambler and his wealth is not limitless. 

@Ahpheng @USAFarmgirl @alekaonu 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Agreed you're so right... Passion kind of chips away at those numbers until all you're able to see is their amazing chemistry...:blush:

@Ahpheng  One thing's for sure your posts and talent sure have been missed!  So thankful you're back!!! :heart:

Aww.... thanks for the compliment , I am glad to be back....at first, I wasn't too certain this drama is strippable but so far so good. 

• Like 9

@Ahpheng  Loved the last views in your strip today of EC you can clearly see that although he is wrapped up in his past and seems so serious most of the time. 

Yet AS has the ability to bring out that almost boyish part of himself and that grin that he has kept covered up and hidden deep within himself.  For he saw something in her right from the start, and at first I thought it was just her eyes.  Now I think it was her brave heart that he felt that night even more...

He was right in saying it's him that he is worried about because most likely he hasn't felt this great or attracted in a long time. 

If ever...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6d8QIwW_c6sirXnqDZ_d

Hearing Ae Shin invitation to Eugene to walk together (even if to escape from Hee Sung) and her trying to impress in English, it's really the first time that he actually let out a happy smile after so long (apart from the boat date).. at least to someone who is not Kyle. ^_^This being a little remedy of sort after a truly bad day meeting the Kim couple, still so mean and ignorant saying "They may have been your parents, but they were mere slaves to us." Eugene's worst fears proven true, there were no identified graves but just a dumping place that the so-called owners could not even remember.. :tears: :tears: Still more heartaches to come for Eugene, probably after finally knowing where his parents were, probably by then he could answer Ae Shin's English question.

Photos: JoyThanya

• Like 8

I am so into Kim Tae Ri's Ae Shin attempt to learn alphabet thingy:love:....hehehe..too cute..way too cute..and I think EC (as of the actor) is actually smiling for real, not acting to smile. The scenes before that were pretty serious.. hence, that 2 minute scenes really takes the tense away..

@Ahpheng..loving the strip of that scene..kudos chinggu:wub:

• Like 8

i ha=ve to say, KTR is so good.. what i like is how she sells the noblewoman aspect even when disclosing embarassing or less than best features of her (english for one).. that aura, posture, voice tone.. and what a commanding presence.. 

in presence of all three boys in their mutual scenes, atleast i feel her superiority .. which is true to character ( marine cops head- a man of power, but she has a commanding presence that completely overshadows his; yazuka - bloody powerful but she completely overpowers him; now fiances.. this is sort of matched .. more like she is judging him but he oozes that novelty too..nutshell, actors are awesome)

Lastly, i hope fiance is some hidden freedom fighter.. comeone there has to be more to that plyboy image he is trying so hard to build and show and not correct (and yet being so nonchalant about it....there has to be more depth)

• Like 9

Cruel revelation crashing his world.. :tears:

At least for Gunner Jang (Seung Gu), despite seeing his father killed right in front of his eyes, he was able to bury his father and perform necessary rituals as a son. But not Eugene.. all he has now.. just sad memories of his mother.

Published on July 22, 2018 by tvN DRAMA

Someone mentioned that Logan Taylor's sought-after documents could be with the baby.. and true enough. It's fate that EC saved the babysitter and her brother to have them trusting him with the important document. Will Eugene thinks as an American or for Joseon?

• Like 5

23 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Such a sensual scene!!crazy monkey  This underlines how much GDM is attracted to AS.

GDM is such a tragic character... from the start, the writer is giving us the impression that he will die for AS. 

@alekaonu thanks for the compliment!! I'll write later about KHS by the way.

I like GDM!  tragedy is he was to die but.  I think out of all characters it's him that I like and Ae Shin. She is strong and courageous fighter even for a woman and she fight.

On 7/21/2018 at 10:49 PM, alekaonu said:

Hello @bebebisous33 chingu, yeah you have joined this thread that means I'm going to enjoy reading your comments. I love to read all comments posted by everyone but I'm a bit lazy to post because whatever I'm thinking or planning to share, are all shared by you all. 

@bebebisous33 Same sentiments as well. I'm happy to see you here.  I read all your posts. Thanks  I understood  now clearly what is happening  how are the characters and story progress.

• Like 4

Episode 6 is really good... my heart is already broken just thinking about the consequences of Eugene's decision huhuhu.... I don't want my queen Lady Ae Shin to be heart broken when she finds out ....

I really enjoyed the three men talking and drinking together,,, Hui Seong is so clueless that it is about his fiance that he is disliked lol.

Although, I have to agree with one of the poster here that Hui Seong will be unveiled as an undercover freedom fighter. Because if he is really a spy, then it is just too juicy and KES should not pass up the opportunity to give a twist like that. I mean the King/Emperor have already mentioned that they have a man tailing the evil interpreter/traitor Lee Wan Ik and I have a feeling the reason Hui Seong is in Japan so long was because he was assigned to Lee Wan Ik and any schemes of Japan.... But if KES will just choose to make Hui Seong really just a playboy then it will be such a missed opportunity for good storytelling twist...

and it would be amazing if Hui Seong is actually the new leader of the freedom fighter group that Ae Shin's parents used to be a part of. 

I am very sad for Eugene's decision to make his revenge through Ae Shin but I can understand the flow of  his thinking, I feel like when he confessed to his friend about his feelings, he was already running scared of those feelings so when he found out who Ae Shin's fiance really is, he grab on that excuse that it is for revenge that he will act out his feelings towards Ae Shin which is very stupid of him since in the end of course he will only be caught in a trap of his very own making... he will soon quickly realize that his feelings for Ae Shin is more powerful than his wanting to get revenge and he will just end up destroying himself as what the preview mentioned... but I am still hoping this will be a happy ending because we already have lots of sad beginnings for our characters that I really hope that in the end AS and EC will have a happy ending... pretty please...

• Like 11

This scene at the end It's brief and beautiful. The framing of this scene  with the rain falling down open doors. Him kneeling down tug at the hem of her hanbok whilst she's standing there looking down at him.

Edit: to add this.

"I'm not doing anything, my lady." -Dong Mae. The feels!

cr

DisubhwVsAA3cvQ.jpg

And in ep 4. I finally saw her.. my fav child star Heo Jung Eun. Future Daesang best actress winner.

• Like 11