[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

23 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Omo... this last scene..beautiful.

Dong Mae looks dangerously handsome in the scene with Ae Shin.

Yes, he does... but due to the music, this scene kind of announces something tragic and fatal. Moreover, she is wearing a red dress which is a bad omen. Red is often associated to love, sex but also to death. To me, the scene contains all these elements.

@Sarang21 I am glad that you are here on this thread. :wub: 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Such a sensual scene!!crazy monkey  This underlines how much GDM is attracted to AS.

GDM is such a tragic character... from the start, the writer is giving us the impression that he will die for AS. 

@alekaonu thanks for the compliment!! I'll write later about KHS by the way.

I agree with this post completely! This has been such a tragic and sensual scene! I love how the writer protrayed hiw much GDM is desperately holding on to the beautiful lady that could never be his. I also feel that it allude to the future struggle of trying to protect the woman he loves

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 4

AGB Nielsen Rating

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/22/18    10.835%

Source

I didn't expect the focal point of the investigation to switch over to the lost gun this easily.  Eugene is obviously helping to bury the case for Ae Shin's sake as well as his own.  I guess it could happen in this unstable time where there is no true governing body for Joseon.  A little hard to believe still.  Plotwise, I like that we get back to Eun San, Seung Gu to eventually introduce more of the Resistance Army.  I also like that Ae Shin is shown a little lost in her lone wolf fight as her effort is plagued with no support.  Now that her identity is discovered by Eugene, she can't no longer continue to be operate as the fearless fighter that she wants to.  It's a good thing for Ae Shin who needs to see that the battle is long and treacherous and that alliance is not overrated.  I actually like as much as Eugene is surprised that Ae Shin offered to walk with him.  Ae Shin, proud and noble, has always seem a little disconnect from DM and Eugene's sensibility.  I like the uncertainty in her gaze and actions now.  She's learning quick.

• Like 3

0a1d06bb9961ad6cdfd78e8e3db7d383.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSws8LVyZIZMrBw7DmguK4Mr-Sunshine-Live-Recap-English-Translati     

@bebebisous33 always my pleasure to share a thread with you and read your thoughts as well as @bedifferent's too!!

I honestly love KES her writing and the characters her actors breathe life into are always so rich and I am never disappointed.  I hope she never allows others to hinder her in any way, from following her heart or her creativity.  I think the fact that she is always looking for new ways to express herself and her talent makes her one of the best to me...

I think AS is stunning and it's not just the actress's beauty which is amazing but even more it's the way in which she holds herself like a Korean version of Joan Of Arc.  She is focused on following her heart and protecting what it is she believes in and she is a quick learner.  3 men all different yet all mesmerized by her and each affected by her no doubt.  She is a bold beauty with a kick butt attitude and she isn't afraid to give it right back and quickly.  It's as if her comebacks are released faster than a bullet and she knows and watches everything around her like she is always in a defense mode.  Who doesn't want to be caught off guard...

What I love most is the way in which no matter what danger comes her way there is a strong sense of calmness within her and it's her eyes that speak a language all their own.  It's this tense yet so unusual way in which no matter which of the 3 men she is with they all see something attractive within her. 

That stands out and makes her not only unique & interesting but worth knowing and having...

Damn! That convo they had in the forest. 

When she said “If you’re worried for me..”

and he said “I’m worried for myself!” :wub:

I don’t care about most people saying that the age gap is disturbing....chemistry is chemistry!

and it’s gonna happen guys. Deal with it!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

July 21, 2018

“Mr. Sunshine” Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

Source: Soompi by  L. Kim

Kim-Tae-Ri-Lee-Byung-Hun2.jpg

tvN’s weekend drama “Mr. Sunshine” has once again broken its own viewership record!

For cable, satellite, and IPTV combined across paid platforms, episode five garnered an average of 10.8 percent and at the highest 12.6 percent. “Mr. Sunshine” took No. 1 in its time slot, including shows on public broadcasting stations.

The program’s previous record was 10.567 percent for episode four. The drama has increased in ratings with every episode so far, beginning with a record-breaking premiere on July 7.

Starring Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Ri, and Yoo Yeon Seok, “Mr. Sunshine” is written by Kim Eun Sook, known for several hits including “Goblin,” “Descendants of the Sun,” and “Heirs.”

The drama airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 7

Just delurking to see how much I love the scene with Aeshin and Dongmae. Second lead syndrome to Dongmae. Our Chilbongie is going to break hearts once more with his one sided love.

I love the holding her shirt scene which holds sentimental to their past, and the moment he fell in love with her.

His character already spell tragic so I'll be packing tissues to prepare for it.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, blademan said:

I don’t care about most people saying that the age gap is disturbing....chemistry is chemistry!

Agreed you're so right... Passion kind of chips away at those numbers until all you're able to see is their amazing chemistry...:blush:

@Ahpheng  One thing's for sure your posts and talent sure have been missed!  So thankful you're back!!! :heart:

Edited by Guest
spelling of course

21 minutes ago, blademan said:

I totally agree, I actually don't even sense their age Gap when they're on the screen! Love how he's slowly opening up and showing his feelings for her. He's conflicted but at the same time he can't help himself :wub:

• Like 5

I have to say... this show is growing on me. The way the entire series is shot feels more like an extended movie than a TV series. They have paid a lot of attention to elaborate details and ensured hiring properly experienced actors for the roles. Most of the time in the past, I have noticed some actors acting foreign roles while speaking the wrong language or having poor pronunciation and accents, but in this series, they actually got the actors to speak in believable accents. .... very well done indeed. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, snowdragon09 said:

Hi all! Have been lurking on this thread for quite long.

Eugene : I'm worried about myself.

Can someone explain what he meant ? Is it the thing I'm thinking about ?

I think he is now worried about her safety, since he realized he has feelings for her.

Also, they are from opposite camps, so he is also worried that he will not be able to do his job well. For example, he may need to arrest her one day, and he can't bring himself to. 

So he is "worried about himself" because he will be "worrying about her"... though he did not say it. I think she knows. 

There are many things "left unsaid" in the writer Kim Eun Sook's drama and scripts, a lot of things are left to the audience's imagination. Also, this old-fashioned way of writing has won her many fans... me included ha ha ha

I'm watching this every episode and even signed up for Netflix since ep 1 so that I can watch it immediately on Saturday / Sunday night.

I find the Ae Shin's character very similar to old Hong Kong or Chinese martial arts heroines, modest, upright, conservative and yet feminist. Kind of like Louis Cha / Jin Yong novels. 

LBH is too manly and not too "romantic", unlike GY in Goblin... I still find myself charmed by him and not the second leads! Though they are doing a great job acting-wise. 

Hee-Sung's romance with Ae Shin is so weird. He is so weak and frivolous, while Ae Shin obviously loves a man who can fight with his hands and aim with a gun! As much as I love Byun Yo-han and his acting skills, I can't love this character of his! 

Goo Dong Mae is handsome but I just can't fall in love with someone on-screen who is crazy violent and can't control his emotions. Actually, I prefer his clean-shaven look like in that doctor role of his in the past :wub:

The cast is excellent as everyone has commented. Director is also amazing. However something is lacking, I don't know what. Still waiting for the magic to happen. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, snowdragon09 said:

Hi all! Have been lurking on this thread for quite long.

Eugene : I'm worried about myself.

Can someone explain what he meant ? Is it the thing I'm thinking about ?

He is telling indirectly her about his feelings for her. He outlines that if she keeps doing dangerous things, he will have to help her. Indirectly, he shows that he might do anything for her, even endanger his own position. That's why he asked her to stop before and to act like a noblewoman. In the end, he indicates he doesn't know how far he is willing to go, he wonders how much he loves her which he can not control. This is what worries him as he has never experienced such a thing.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Thankyou @122am and @bebebisous33 for your answers. Oh my, I can't stand the sexual tension between them. They haven't even touched each other yet.....oh, I might faint if they hug, kiss, or start making out.

This might be cruel but I'd like to see ae shin got hurt, eugene starts going crazy and beats the richard simmons out of everyone who dared to touch even a strand of her hair.

:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 11

8 hours ago, 122am said:

Goo Dong Mae is handsome but I just can't fall in love with someone on-screen who is crazy violent and can't control his emotions. Actually, I prefer his clean-shaven look like in that doctor role of his in the past :wub:

The cast is excellent as everyone has commented. Director is also amazing. However something is lacking, I don't know what. Still waiting for the magic to happen. 

After watching raw for the first two episodes when it premiered decided to watch the rest. I'm not really much for historical facts. I'm not Korean so I mum about that. But I love the cinematography, acting and the actors and YYS. (sorry I'm not familiar with the other actors).

@rubie thanks for updates.

• Like 5