Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lynne

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, mooose said:

 

Found excerpt of dialogue. Credit to jolie_vie at fastdrama.

 

Molan wanted to retrieve her mother's remains and have them interred at Yuqing temple with a big ceremony.  ML was not having it.

 

ML IMMEDIATELY THREW HER CHOPSTICKS that hit the table and dropped to the floor… 
ML: she wanted to kneel, i didn’t ask her to kneel
SH: what are you doing? we are eating as a family, you threw things, so unreasonable, it's not for you to make decision
ML: since ancient times, no murderer is worthy to stand in front of the dead
SH: what? murderer
ML: you still don’t know? LinQinShuang is the one who killed my mother
SH: what nonsense are you saying?
MoLan: you’re talking nonsense
ML: i didn’t talk nonsense, 4th sister, unless i’m dead, otherwise you should forever not think of placing LinQinShuang’s tablet in YuQing Temple
SH: you’re talking nonsense. QinShuang is such a gentle person, how could she have killed your mother? The whole family knows that your mother died of childbirth. how can this be possible.
MoLan: you malign my mother, 
ML: witness and statement are available, if you don’t believe, we can go to court, 
SH: (hits the table) you wantto destroy the entire family’s reputation, all servants leave (shouting at XT & DJ) both of you, too!

 

OmG!!!!!! Thanks you for translating this. Finally our Ming Lan is not taking crap from her father. He deserves it and he still

call that WITCH a gentle woman. shocked-cheetah-emoticon.gif

shocked-cheetah-emoticon.gif  Anyobe is this man serious or EVIL?????? What happened to her mom is MURDER!!!!!!!  If someone says it was legal in this ERA o will SCREAM. I agree this era is rough for woman but MURDER isn’t legal  in any ERA... scary-cheetah-emoticon.gifscary-cheetah-emoticon.gif

  • Like 4
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, is this ManNiang storyline over for good? I hope she is gone for good, but as stepmother said, she managed to destroy GTY 2 potential marriage prospect, is she really running out of ideas now? I feel like she is quite smart - she managed to find the Bai family and scheme with them to get rid of GTY, and then with stepmother. Did Chang'er really died?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dopez said:

 

I can't deny I love all this fight and misunderstanding going on. This shows that their relationship will be streghthen and probably resolves all the knot in both MLan's and GTY's heart 

I so love the fights and misunderstanding going on too.. So fun to watch. Hahaha.. So exciting :joy:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dopez said:

On the other hand, in episode 50 when ML, Danjuu and XT were in the room together discussing Chang er whereabout...

 

XT: Shitou told me that MN has an older brother.

Danjuu: Shitou tells you everthing?

XT: He even bought me fried cherry form the Nanbeo Store

Danjuu: *Show a 'knowing' smile*

 Me: Omooo my kokoro <3

 

 Omgggg if they did not explicitly ends up together in this drama, this girl gonna cryyyyy!

 

Edit: In the latest raw, who's gonna marries Danjuu tho... I hope Danjuu still serves ML.

MEEE TOOO.... I will be so unsatisfied if XT and Shitou don't end up together. I'm so happy for ML that she has at least some loyal, trust worthy people to have her back. It seems like the tides are turning with the social circles, as every1 is seeing how genuine ML is, QH's wife and that Auntie that yelled at ML in her court yard. 

Does any1 know where I can get my hands on the english translation of the Chinese book???

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gty's mission for heir:

Prepare a big bowl of elbow on the bed for ml's full cooperation and to replenish her energy. :joy:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shihuangdi said:

So, is this ManNiang storyline over for good? I hope she is gone for good, but as stepmother said, she managed to destroy GTY 2 potential marriage prospect, is she really running out of ideas now? I feel like she is quite smart - she managed to find the Bai family and scheme with them to get rid of GTY, and then with stepmother. Did Chang'er really died?

Yup he died of sickness.  Before he passed away, he called for his sister.  :dissapointed_relieved:You get this through Manniang's crazy ramblings when she was burning paper money on his tomb.  She was basically "telling him off" for being so useless to have died because of something so banal :triumph: while his sister is having a wonderful life......

GTY stepmom is made from the exact mould.  Bitter ugly gold digging witches.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Everytime I see stepmom, I feel like giving her a whack on the face.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I dont get this when she just as blind  as what she is doing to her  husband again I dont get this one sided thing going on.

 

You think what she doing isnt hurtful to him as well?I dont get this really this was no small matters at all.

 

Different was ML was doing it by accident but GTY was setting out to hurt ML.

5 hours ago, gleek49 said:

 

 

5. Honestly, her not trusting him is an insult to his character. He has been telling her over and over again that he will be good to her, that there won't be another woman. It's understandable that her past experiences make it hard for her to trust him, but to him, this is telling that she doesn't think he's better or different than any other men in her life. It's like when you promise someone something, they say they believe you, but in the back of their mind they always wait for you to break that promise, like they don't trust your integrity at all. How is that not hurt?

 

I mean this is the same GTY that had two children outside of marriage, wanted to marry a weak girl so he can make MN a concubine..

 

2 hours ago, dopez said:

On the other hand, in episode 50 when ML, Danjuu and XT were in the room together discussing Chang er whereabout...

 

XT: Shitou told me that MN has an older brother.

Danjuu: Shitou tells you everthing?

XT: He even bought me fried cherry form the Nanbeo Store

Danjuu: *Show a 'knowing' smile*

Me: Omooo my kokoro <3

 

Omgggg if they did not explicitly ends up together in this drama, this girl gonna cryyyyy!

 

Edit: In the latest raw, who's gonna marries Danjuu tho... I hope Danjuu still serves ML.

 

Im not sure how this works but if you maid marry's they leave right? nooo i dont want Danjuu or Xiatao to ever leave ML :(

 

1 hour ago, shihuangdi said:

So, is this ManNiang storyline over for good? I hope she is gone for good, but as stepmother said, she managed to destroy GTY 2 potential marriage prospect, is she really running out of ideas now? I feel like she is quite smart - she managed to find the Bai family and scheme with them to get rid of GTY, and then with stepmother. Did Chang'er really died?

 

For some reason i got a feeling hes still alive. 

2 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Everytime I see stepmom, I feel like giving her a whack on the face.  

 

Please tell me step mom dies and gets slapped by ML pleaseeeee.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

Different was ML was doing it by accident but GTY was setting out to hurt ML.

 

I mean this is the same GTY that had two children outside of marriage, wanted to marry a weak girl so he can make MN a concubine..

 

 

1. ML is the one who accepted the concubine, she herself knows that he's gonna sleep with that girl one way or another, he did not set out to hurt her, he was doing exactly what she told him to do. He's just mad that she didn't seem to bother letting him sleeping with other girls, he might as well do exactly that, right?

2. How is that the same? Please elaborate? At that time he did not know that MN was evil, he would have to marry a main wife anyway, what was so wrong about him trying to find one who's nice and more likely to accept MN and his children? So you think he was evil for doing that or what? Should he just marry any girl without caring if said wife is going to throw his children out?

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@frenchfan Ooh, its sad that his son died so young. But even if he didn’t die, MN would have use him to do evil thing, so at least now she has nothing to use against GTY.

 

Also, what did ML call GTY before (after they got married)? I think she only calls him gua ren after they got conferred the marquis title. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

@frenchfan Ooh, its sad that his son died so young. But even if he didn’t die, MN would have use him to do evil thing, so at least now she has nothing to use against GTY.

  

Also, what did ML call GTY before (after they got married)? I think she only calls him gua ren after they got conferred the marquis title. 

 

ML always called GTY "Er Shu" (2nd Uncle), which is what QH always called him.  QH is related to GTY and GTY is the same generation as his parents so that's why he calls him Uncle even though they are not that far apart in age.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

They are different guys.

 

  Hide contents

The guy at the Polo match is Shen Guo Jiu (empress’s younger brother) who is also general. 

I’m guessing the one ML going to slash is either one of GTY’s Bai relatives or someone from stepmom’s side. 

 

 

Ok.Thanks for the clarification.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@deslynn88 i mean after they got married? Did she still call him er shu? I think when GTY told her not to call him Gua ren, she said then do you want me to call you er shu, so I think she stop calling him er shu after they got married. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the son being dead. Before they found MN and the grave GTY and ML had this conversation (translation credit: jolie_vie)

 

Quote

ML sketched several drawings of ZMN and on the quiet gave out to trusted few to go round gather more information. Eventually hard work paid off…..
GTY: after ZMN left, she was targeted by Bai family (GTY’s mother’s maternal family), she couldn't resist material benefits offered by Bai family, hence collaborated with them. Bai family brought her to BianJing wtth the intention to kill me. You have no son, Changge’er becomes the one and only heir apparent, they can then manipulate Changge’er like a puppet, they promised MN 10-20% of the inheritance, greedy MN agreed to come & kill me.
ML: you wrote a will and appointed a beneficiary, they don’t know it’s blank, killing you won’t be useful
GTY: that’s why they’re working from both on the inside and outside, linked up with next-door. after i’m gone, Bai family will let my stepmother invite the clan elders to state that my blank will is invalid, they’ll then support Changge’er is my only heir apparent. Bai family’s condition, Changge’er is still too young to serve in the court, rightfully let my 3rd half bro GTWei bear ^ carry on the marquis title
ML: kill high rank court official just to get hold of marquis assets…this is…this is death penalty, how dare they?
GTY: but this is not a bad matter, it’s good news
ML: what good news
GTY: at least i know Changge’er is part of their plan, my Chang’er is still alive
Bai family’s boats with salt shipment (GTY’s maternal grandfather’s merchant biz) were attacked. YangZhou side report that Bai family have no news of Changge’er,
GTY: i cannot let Changge’er be like me, live without a father even though father is there. i must find him

 

So if the son was dead why did MN still try to go through with the plan ...:huh:

 

And this is what happens to MN after the slap (translation credit: jolie_vie) 

Quote

When ZMN started to talk ML slapped her and warned her she’ll be slapped again if she talks. He finally saw bones of a child. GTY told ZMN not to see Ronger forever, if he ever sees her again in BianJing city she’ll never see sunlight, then ordered ShiTou to find a deserted village and leave her there, if she ever dare take one step out of that village GTY will look for the man in-charge. GTY was devastated.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

 

1. ML is the one who accepted the concubine, she herself knows that he's gonna sleep with that girl one way or another, he did not set out to hurt her, he was doing exactly what she told him to do. He's just mad that she didn't seem to bother letting him sleeping with other girls, he might as well do exactly that, right?

2. How is that the same? Please elaborate? At that time he did not know that MN was evil, he would have to marry a main wife anyway, what was so wrong about him trying to find one who's nice and more likely to accept MN and his children? So you think he was evil for doing that or what? Should he just marry any girl without caring if said wife is going to throw his children out?

 

ML accepted the concubine but does she really knows shes hurting GTY by doing this? I dont really think so.. GTY went out of his way to make ML jealous or upset her...

 

So because he didnt know MN was evil that disregards anything he richard simmons done? he still had sex with a female outside of marriage and got her pregnant not once but twice.. this already shows how he was as a man.

 

What's wrong with him hiding the fact he has 2 children and another women from the person hes intending to marry? you really just asked that... He wanted to keep it hidden then basically force that wife to accept them..

 

Are you re writing history or just blind.. he was never upfront about MN or his children to the lady he intended to marry he wanted that hidden until he married her so yeah he was evil for attempting to do that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

@deslynn88 i mean after they got married? Did she still call him er shu? I think when GTY told her not to call him Gua ren, she said then do you want me to call you er shu, so I think she stop calling him er shu after they got married. 

 

She calls him guan ren.....after he inherited the title she calls him Hou ye. If I compare it with english forms of address.....then she's calling him My Lord....and he wants her to call him My Dear/ My Darling.

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...