[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

ML is in love with GTY. Just does not realize it yet. Remember when she thought GTY was injured and decided that he will not be having his bath anymore. That is not the reaction of someone who just cares. That is the reaction of someone who loves you so much to the point that they cannot bear losing you. Seeing the blood scared her witless to the point that she thought about all the possible ways she could lose him and decided, nope no bath for you today. GTY being a military man has probably faced harsher conditions and that bath would not have hurt him.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

After reading you guys' opinions, there's some points I wanted to make:

1. As I've explained before, he wanting her to call him Er Lang HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MANNIANG. His father called him Er Lang, his stepmother calls him Er Lang, his brother calls him Er Lang, his uncles call him Er Lang, Chang Bai calls him Er Lang, it's his NAME, his IDENTITY. He wants her to acknowledge him as himself, not as the general figure she calls Husband. You can't expect him to ditch the name altogether because MN once called him that? If she called him GTY, then does he have to throw the name away, not allow to use it anymore??

2. Someone explained above, but his plotting was his way of handing her the power to decide if she wanted to marry him or not. He made sure that her family wouldn't be the one who said no, only she can. And she did. In his proposal, he clearly stated that he had long loved and admired her, he's going to entrusted his whole life and everything his had to her, and she said yes. Is it really unreasonable for him to expect the same from her?

3. Both of them are dealing with this matter the right way. Him pushing her is impatient and counter productive, her completely ignoring his (true) needs and being uncharacteristically dense are also frustrating. I think we can all agree that this is gonna takes time and fights and honest conversations to get to mutual understanding. It will come, we just have to wait.

On your point one, I remember reading it and you're no doubt absolutely correct. It's just that it's so fresh in my mind. It's not a reasonable reaction but I just hate it. 

2. Yep, he gave her honour that allowed her to rise above her station and be married as a legitimate daughter. 

3. It's so frustrating - I need it to happen soooon. 

31 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I love their relationship I love how she has such genuine laughs with him thats how you know they love each other!She is behind him when  it comes to expressing it but she will catch up.

I think they express and understand  love in different ways. In modern times GTY will be said to be a 'words of affirmation' kind of guy. This is evident in the way he is quick to make promises and calls her little fox. ML is an ' act of service 'girl. She is always thinking of schemes to help her husband. She is reluctant to let him help her in the household stuff because apparently if he adds that to his burdens "wouldn't that make GTY suffer in marrying her?

I am sure eventually they will learn to recognize each others acts of love as what it is and become stronger as a team.

Other than GTY, the other male prospect for ML I really like was Dr. He. It’s a pity that he just didn’t have a backbone to turn away cousin and her family. When he was staring off to watch them on their wedding day I felt so bad for him more than QH. I can tell he really liked ML that he had to go on a journey to heal his broken heart.... Even if he didn’t have a backbone I believe he would’ve cherish ML more. Because he is also someone that views woman as equals but I also believe he has more patience and tolerance than GTY. And he won’t put so much pressure on ML. 

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

Nicely said @lolalarue @leeza77

I love GTY. He's just so right for ML in every sense! And vice versa. 

Even granny took a step back because GTY is there to protect ML now, and she's no longer alone. 

I'm also actually convinced now that had QH said yes then, he might really go out of his way to let them be together because he admired ML enough to want her be happy. 

Of everyone, I feel GTY knows her best. Even if he doesn't feel like it now. 

The things she shared with him. The implicit understanding of each other.

The way he nudged back into her bed at night and hug her to sleep...

The way she hugged him when they found the remains of Chang'er...

Can we just have the happy days now??

Isnt this why some of us unintentionally berated ml for being ignorant towards gty feeling? I can honestly say for myself that I’ve been impatient, firstly waiting for CL to be gone, and then waiting for qh to be gone, and for gty to make his move, waiting for dr he to be gone. And now that both are married, waiting for grandma to get poisoned :ph34r:

It doesnt mean I dislike ml, I mean, we all are rooting for her (and gty’s) happiness. Sometimes I want to shout at ml, sometimes at gty. Most of the time at the stepmom, and sh. That’s the fun part of watching drama.

if it takes too long, my friend, lets get the poisoning grandma mission rolling asap

This fight is a good thing, guys. This is how these two will open up completely to each other. Like CB was saying to GTY in the preview...if you don't like something talk to each other face to face and clear everything.

As I said before, the fight is divided in 3 parts.....Part 1...is GTY's POV....Parts 2 & 3  are all ML going all guns blazing on GTY....:joy:

5 hours ago, gleek49 said:

In one of their conversation, GTY talks to ML about his different relationships with his father and stepmother. Basically, even though his relationship with his father was difficult, he was still able to freely express his emotion to father, his anger, his disappointment, because they're truly family. However, with his step mother, whether they were on good term or not, he's always been more careful, polite and reserved, maybe a little pretentious, because she's an outsider. His point is that right now, ML is treating him like an outsider, carefully choosing her words, polite in her action, reserved in her feelings and even a little pretentious sometimes, like when she answers "I believe you", when she actually not. Sucks for him that the obvious metaphor still somehow fly over her head :sweatingbullets: I get why she's like this, but I also get why he's pissed, I mean how many times does he have to tell her? She's  normally very smart, isn't she? Of course, it's frustrating to him that she's still genuinely not getting it =)))

His fear is that she's good to him because he's her guan ren, not her Er Lang. He's afraid that she would treat anyone who is her husband this dutifully, be it QH or HHW or him. So he wants her to love him because he's GTY, not because he happens to be her husband. He's not asking her to be jealous, he's asking for some signs that she has feelings for him. This is where his knowledge about her first love really hurt, as he has seen her love someone else before, willing to risk everything for that other guy before, her not willing to risk anything on him right now (or at least he thinks so) just emphasizes the difference.

Exactly, he is not asking her to get jealous at all, but since she is not opening up about her feelings, doing the odd things like getting jealous is an easier way to show she is opening up.. 

On 1/27/2019 at 1:56 PM, mooose said:

I'm glad the drama simplified the MN-Changer arc. It would have been heartbreaking having to watch GTY, the lead we have come to love, having to choose between his son and the safety of his wife.

MN must be the craziest self-sabotaging gold digger in dramaland. She made unfathomable decisions at every turn. It was also wierd to me that she would kidnap the son for material gain and then keep him for years with no ransom demands. The drama version that he died early on makes more sense and explains MN subsequent mental state when she returned.

Agree. If the scriptwriters follow exactly the plot in the novel, I think my head will hurt for a long time. And in addition, the drama will be superrr long as in the novel... 

MN and Chang er will be quite different compared to the drama. Chang er was brainwashed by MN and hate MLan of course and want the Marquis title... Well even though I felt sad for GTY as he looked so heartbroken when they digged the grave but bye bye Chang er

55 minutes ago, dito said:

This fight is a good thing, guys. This is how these two will open up completely to each other. Like CB was saying to GTY in the preview...if you don't like something talk to each other face to face and clear everything.

As I said before, the fight is divided in 3 parts.....Part 1...is GTY's POV....Parts 2 & 3  are all ML going all guns blazing on GTY....:joy:

I think we know that, we just like to discuss the episodes and issues at hand. Otherwise we all just talk about the ending now. 

On the other hand, in episode 50 when ML, Danjuu and XT were in the room together discussing Chang er whereabout...

XT: Shitou told me that MN has an older brother.

Danjuu: Shitou tells you everthing?

XT: He even bought me fried cherry form the Nanbeo Store

Danjuu: *Show a 'knowing' smile*

Me: Omooo my kokoro <3

Omgggg if they did not explicitly ends up together in this drama, this girl gonna cryyyyy!

Edit: In the latest raw, who's gonna marries Danjuu tho... I hope Danjuu still serves ML.

15 hours ago, jewelsc said:

, if this was QH as her husband and she had some feelings for him before, would she had given him the love like how GTY is desperately seeking from her?

I doubt she would have been different. But since QH doesn’t know everything about her , she would have never been any different in my opinion.  ML is jaded and doesn’t know any better. She has been living like a mouse trapped in a cage , it won’t be easy for for her to change so quickly. Look at what happened with her father. He still favors the child that almost ruined him and is still blind to her treachery.  

Molan got a husband who is nothing like her father. Rich man aren’t really easy to betray especially if they are a womanizer. I think most men know the type of woman pursue deep down until the woman’s claw finally emerge and that is when they show them what type of man they really are. Lol lol . Molan’s Husband knows the truth unlike SHENG HONG!!

8 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I doubt she would have been different. But since QH doesn’t know everything about her , she would have never been any different in my opinion.  ML is jaded and doesn’t know any better. She has been living like a mouse trapped in a cage , it won’t be easy for for her to change so quickly. Look at what happened with her father. He still favors the child that almost ruined him and is still blind to her treachery.  

Molan got a husband who is nothing like her father. Rich man aren’t really easy to betray especially if they are a womanizer. I think most men know the type of woman pursue deep down until the woman’s claw finally emerge and that is when they show them what type of man they really are. Lol lol . Molan’s Husband knows the truth unlike SHENG HONG!!

Jaded is the word I’ve been looking for, it suits ml 

15 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

I don't feel weary at all, I'm even glad she got a husband that requests her love from her.. Just like how I feel sad for Qh's wife got married to a husband who doesn't request her love, I'm glad GTY is that man who requests her love. They might have not gotten married because of love but a wife having an husband who requests for her love is something I'm so grateful for.. She will never come around if she doesn't get pushed, that's the fact about ML because if she doesn't get pushed, she will keep thinking that's what her husband wants and he is satisfied with the way she acts as a virtuos wife, for someone who closes her feelings because she believes people can change and the future is unknown, she will never come around if someone doesn't make her know her lows.. And if GTY actually doesn't push her for love, she will further believe that he doesn't really love her after all and all what she thinks about men are the same.. So I'm glad GTY is finally showing her his angry side towards her behavior.. He had actually tried hard himself to endure and give her time but when she advised QH that he should cherish the peipl beside him, GTY must have been like, she knows this and why is she not doing it herself, if she thinks what she is doing is cherishing, the she is so wrong and I think I have to let her know it's not cherishing at all but just a pure 'let's just live somehow' behavior.. So I'm more than glad he lives her enough to make her realize her shortcomings, and also enough to push her and get angry at her.. If my husband accepts everything I do and doesn't even care enough to correct me or talk through with me, then I don't want that husband.. 

Well said chingu @Suzzy San ,clap-cheetah-emoticon.gif   she needs that push especially since she is Dali f for him already.... I will be making GIF’s too prove she has fallen really hard. Can you imagine she is fake for him but she doesn’t even know how her husband truly feel. She will be frustrated  frustrated-cheetah-emoticon.gif, hurt and very afraid of moving forward. :tears::tears: Never learning to trust another male species. 

12 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Gty is the only husband that hope his wife is a jealous woman.. While all tge husband in the world pray for a non jealous understanding wife.. Ha ha:D (don't kill me) 

So true @leeza77, he is the only husband that wants a jealous wife. This news comes from growing up without love. Poor GTY only had his Momo and grandfather who loved him. Now it turns out his father did love him ( CMIIW). But just didn’t want to admit it. Finally his brother was able to see that his brother was a good guy but he thought he wasn’t filial to his mom . I believe his mom didn’t think that at all . What do you guys think????

@lynne22.... It was a test from Ming Lan. She was so surprised to see him in her bed. She though he was with the concubine. HE PASSED THE TEST. very-happy-cheetah-emoticon.gif very-happy-cheetah-emoticon.gif

@Suzzy San...A jealous ML is in her facial expression and when she is trying to control herself her hands are clasp together. I will show this in the GIF...

32 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

So true @leeza77, he is the only husband that wants a jealous wife. This news comes from growing up without love. Poor GTY only had his Momo and grandfather who loved him. Now it turns out his father did love him ( CMIIW). But just didn’t want to admit it. Finally his brother was able to see that his brother was a good guy but he thought he wasn’t filial to his mom . I believe his mom didn’t think that at all . What do you guys think????

@lynne22.... It was a test from Ming Lan. She was so surprised to see him in her bed. She though he was with the concubine. HE PASSED THE TEST. very-happy-cheetah-emoticon.gif very-happy-cheetah-emoticon.gif

@Suzzy San...A jealous ML is in her facial expression and when she is trying to control herself her hands are clasp together. I will show this in the GIF...

So true.. He passed the test by going to her room, even though he wanted to make her jealous, he loves her too much to make her worry about something that's not true and was just because of his childish thoughts Hahahahhaha.. I noticed that too she clasped her hands whenever she is trying to console herself :joy:

22 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Ml is so fierce tonight.. It's a progress 

Manseeeeee.. Yaaayyyyy, we are finally here.. So excited.. Hmmmmm.. This is what I've been looking forward to.. We are so weird with Minglan, we want our couple to fight but in other drama we get scared when couples fight.. Well because we know this is their bridge to them loving each other moreeeeee.... This fight is so funny though.. I'm so laughing hard.. Wow what a weird but amazing couple.. We are here thinking too much for them and this is the kind of funny fight they have.. Wow, they are both so childish.. Hahahaha. Wow:joy:

2 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

Other than GTY, the other male prospect for ML I really like was Dr. He. It’s a pity that he just didn’t have a backbone to turn away cousin and her family. When he was staring off to watch them on their wedding day I felt so bad for him more than QH. I can tell he really liked ML that he had to go on a journey to heal his broken heart.... Even if he didn’t have a backbone I believe he would’ve cherish ML more. Because he is also someone that views woman as equals but I also believe he has more patience and tolerance than GTY. And he won’t put so much pressure on ML. 

Yes, Dr He will be very patient, tolerant to ML but unfortunately ML can't really tolerate the lowest of his characters which is too kind, weak to pressure and pitiful woman...kind of similar with SH; he will give different kind of pressure to ML. ML said it herself that unlike GTY, Dr He won't say anything in defence for her and back her in a fight or pressure from his/her family, he will let ML fight it on her own. Well, every ML suitors have good side and bad side, it depends on ML which one she can tolerate the most. 

16 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Ml is so fierce tonight.. It's a progress 

Trailer

I can't deny I love all this fight and misunderstanding going on. This shows that their relationship will be streghthen and probably resolves all the knot in both MLan's and GTY's heart 

Archived